Author Topic: One day at a time  (Read 19084 times)

Offline Steakbomb18

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/13/2013
  • Likes Given: 20
Re: One day at a time
« Reply #350 on: December 16, 2015, 09:20:00 AM »
Quote from: Smeds
Quote from: BazookaJoe
Quote from: KennyZ
Congratulations on 500 days!
Thanks Kenny, congrats to you on the 400.
Congrats on the 1/2 dangler bro, and thank you for being a large part of my quit.

Newbies reading this intro; This is how you quit ... consider it a manual!
Ditto to what Smeds said, every bit of it. Proud of you BJ, on all fronts of your quit.
Certified Grade A Badass

Offline Smeds

• Master of Quit
  • The bluebird can sing, but the crow's got the soul
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #349 on: December 16, 2015, 08:22:00 AM »
Congrats on the 1/2 dangler bro, and thank you for being a large part of my quit.

Newbies reading this intro; This is how you quit ... consider it a manual!
My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Offline BazookaJoe

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: August 4, 2014
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #348 on: December 16, 2015, 06:49:00 AM »

Offline KennyZ

• February 2015
  • Master of Quit
  • February 2015
  • Quit Date: 11/11/2014
  • Likes Given: 346
« Reply #347 on: December 16, 2015, 06:16:00 AM »

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #346 on: September 19, 2015, 08:32:00 AM »
Alcohol Quit Day 900:

As I move within 100 days of my first comma, I look back on how far I've come and the challenges I surpassed on the way up here. There were many times that a beer would have hit the spot but I denied myself that deadly luxury and continued along my uphill quit path. This power to deny did not all come from within me...it came from the brotherhood and accountability from other badass quitters on this website as well as others. I could not have made it this far without you. Thank you.
BazookaJoe, for people that has never had an alchohol problem or want admit they have a problem may not understand what 900 days alcohol free means. For the one's of us who do it's huge! You should be damn proud of your milestone! Enjoy my brother! Have a great day!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline BazookaJoe

• Master of Quit
« Reply #345 on: September 19, 2015, 06:50:00 AM »
Alcohol Quit Day 900:

As I move within 100 days of my first comma, I look back on how far I've come and the challenges I surpassed on the way up here. There were many times that a beer would have hit the spot but I denied myself that deadly luxury and continued along my uphill quit path. This power to deny did not all come from within me...it came from the brotherhood and accountability from other badass quitters on this website as well as others. I could not have made it this far without you. Thank you.

Offline BazookaJoe

• Master of Quit
« Reply #344 on: September 11, 2015, 08:37:00 PM »
Quote from: Idaho
Quote from: worktowin
Quote from: brettlees
Quote from: beast42a
Quote from: doc2quit4good
Quote from: SAM83
Quote from: KingNothing
Quote from: pab1964
Quote from: Sand_Fleas_Gotta_Eat
Quote from: Grievous Angel
Congrats on 400 correct decisions Ryan! Proud to quit with you EDD bro, enjoy your extended weekend!
Nicely done. I'm inspired by those that go before me.
Congrats on reaching the fourth floor brother! Way to hit this hard and busting through all obstacles!
Congratulations on the 4th floor brother! Quit on!
Congrats on the 4th floor Bazooka, and your support to the newbies does not go unnoticed (neither do your avatars if we're being honest.
Congrats on 400!!!!
Kick butt man!!!
Thank you all for the pats on the back and ataboys. I owe my quit to the badasses that come here every day without fail to post up a +1 and support other quitters. If you cannot be here every damn day holes will begin to appear in the hull of your quit ship and, over time, those holes will add up to sink your proud ship to Davey Jones' Locker.

I saw a few quitters in my own group miss the entire Labor Day Weekend. While that's only three days or so, it's enough to start a habit of missing holidays, weekends, etc. and once that happens it's only a matter of time until missing ordinary days of the week become commonplace. Folks, you gotta realize that this quit is a lifelong process and we need the brotherhood and accountability on day 2000 just as much as we needed it on day 1.

Keep up the quit EDD.

Bazooka OUT!
Well said BazookaJ....I quit with you every day!
Agreed! ^^^^ keep the great quit going Bazooka!
You get it Bazooooka.

I just read the intro of yet another guy that returned after making it to HOF 4 years ago or something and then decided he didn't need KTC any more. And so, today he is posting a day 1. Where you are now feels pretty fucking good. You'll never have to relive that misery of the first days ever again. Thanks for all that you do.

Enjoy Texas!
Conveniently timed for hunting season!!! 'Remshot' Glad you are back where you want to be.
Yes impeccable timing for sure. I got my feeders filled and the mice/wasps in my stand killed. All I need is for opening weekend to draw nearer and for my trigger finger to start itching.

Offline Idaho Spuds

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: August 18, 2014
  • Interests: Family, Soccer, fishing, hunting, camping
  • Likes Given: 71
« Reply #343 on: September 11, 2015, 04:08:00 PM »
Quote from: worktowin
Quote from: Grievous
Congrats on 400 correct decisions Ryan! Proud to quit with you EDD bro, enjoy your extended weekend!
Congrats on reaching the fourth floor brother! Way to hit this hard and busting through all obstacles!
Congrats on the 4th floor Bazooka, and your support to the newbies does not go unnoticed (neither do your avatars if we're being honest.
Congrats on 400!!!!
Kick butt man!!!
Thank you all for the pats on the back and ataboys. I owe my quit to the badasses that come here every day without fail to post up a +1 and support other quitters. If you cannot be here every damn day holes will begin to appear in the hull of your quit ship and, over time, those holes will add up to sink your proud ship to Davey Jones' Locker.

I saw a few quitters in my own group miss the entire Labor Day Weekend. While that's only three days or so, it's enough to start a habit of missing holidays, weekends, etc. and once that happens it's only a matter of time until missing ordinary days of the week become commonplace. Folks, you gotta realize that this quit is a lifelong process and we need the brotherhood and accountability on day 2000 just as much as we needed it on day 1.

Keep up the quit EDD.

Bazooka OUT!
You get it Bazooooka.

I just read the intro of yet another guy that returned after making it to HOF 4 years ago or something and then decided he didn't need KTC any more. And so, today he is posting a day 1. Where you are now feels pretty fucking good. You'll never have to relive that misery of the first days ever again. Thanks for all that you do.

Enjoy Texas!
Conveniently timed for hunting season!!! 'Remshot' Glad you are back where you want to be.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #342 on: September 09, 2015, 10:07:00 PM »
Congrats on 400!!!!
Kick butt man!!!

Keep up the quit EDD.

Bazooka OUT!
You get it Bazooooka.

Enjoy Texas!

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #341 on: September 09, 2015, 10:46:00 AM »
Congrats on 400!!!!
Kick butt man!!!

Keep up the quit EDD.

Bazooka OUT!
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline beast42a

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-12-19
  • Interests: Blackhawks, Bears, working on the house, shooting, fishing when i can
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #340 on: September 09, 2015, 09:17:00 AM »
Congrats on 400!!!!
Kick butt man!!!

Keep up the quit EDD.

Bazooka OUT!
Despite all my Rage, I'm still just a rat in a cage.
KTC is a Team Sport....There will be no Individual Events today
This is the dumbest fucking thing I've read here in a long, long time. - Nolaq

Intro

Offline BazookaJoe

• Master of Quit
« Reply #339 on: September 09, 2015, 07:40:00 AM »
Congrats on 400!!!!
Kick butt man!!!

Keep up the quit EDD.

Bazooka OUT!

Offline Doc2quit4good

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quitting since 9/18/13!!!!
  • Quit Date: 9/18/13
  • Interests: Non motorized biking, Geetar, Jazz Music(Not Jazz Flute), Quitting Skoal Forever!
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #338 on: September 08, 2015, 09:22:00 AM »
Congrats on 400!!!!
Kick butt man!!!
NO MO SKOAL!!! I MEAN NEVER AGAIN!!!
Real Quit Day 9/18/2013 8th Floor 11/26/15
HOF day: 12/26/2013. 9th Floor 3/5/16
2nd Floor: 4/5/14 Comma Day 6/13/16!!!
3rd Floor 7/14/2014. 3 Years 9/18/6!!!
1 Year 9/17/2014. 11th Floor 9/21/16
4th Floor 10/22/14. 12th Floor 12/30/16
Half Comma 1/30/15. 13th Floor 4/8/17
6th Floor 5/10/15 4 Years 9/18/17!!!
7th Floor 8/18/15. 15th Floor 10/26/17
2 Years 9/17/15 16th Floor 2/3/18
5 Years 9/18/18  17th Floor 5/14/18
18th Floor 08/22/2018  19th Floor 11/30/18

Offline SAM83

• Quit Pro
  • A failure to plan is a plan to fail!
  • Quit Date: 1/6/2014
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Camping, Motorcycle Touring, White Water Sports, Cooking/Grilling/Smoking (Food), Anything Outdoors and Go Steelers!
  • Likes Given: 232
« Reply #337 on: September 07, 2015, 10:41:00 PM »
Congrats on 400!!!!

Offline BazookaJoe

• Master of Quit
« Reply #336 on: September 07, 2015, 09:21:00 PM »
Thanks y'all it means a lot coming from new and vet quitters alike. Quit on fellas.

...and yes I made it back to Texas the Saturday before last. I drove from Jamestown, ND to Perry, OK in one day and logged 1000 miles over 14 hours. The next day was an easy 7 hour drive to La Grange. I'll be moving to Seabrook, TX next Saturday and will be there for about a year or so.