Author Topic: One day at a time  (Read 14000 times)

Offline BazookaJoe

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: August 4, 2014
  • Likes Given: 12
Re: One day at a time
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2014, 10:21:00 AM »
Thank you Smeds. I guess I do let trivial shit bother me a bit too much but, then again, I'm having to overhaul my entire persona now that I don't have tobacco in my life. I have adjusted to being alcohol free already and I'm using KTC to prevent rationalization of nicotine use in these early stages of being quit. So far I have no wish, no desire, no want, aside from the occasional thought or scent picked up from another dipper. I'm not going back to square one and with KTC's help...ima etch that in stone.

Offline Smeds

• Master of Quit
  • The bluebird can sing, but the crow's got the soul
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2014, 07:49:00 AM »
Quote from: BazookaJoe
Yeah I have fewer posts than days quit. What of it? I had an account on here but lost my login info. It wasn't until I contacted someone from KTC on Facebook that I was able to recover my login info. I know what it means to be honest to yourself. I'm an alcoholic and have been sober for damn near 18 months and I admit I've not gone to very many meetings but I'm still sober. I don't think it's right for anyone on here to make statements about days quit vs number of posts. To me that doesn't mean a fucking thing. I quit on 8-4-14 and today is my 47th day. I didn't start here but I got here as fast as I could.
Don't sweat that bro ... those who want can take a look and see you registered a while ago, got some other shit in order, came back and are owning your quit. This is what I see. Proud to be quit with ya, keep it up!! You are QUIT!
My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Offline BazookaJoe

• Master of Quit
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2014, 09:51:00 PM »
Yeah I have fewer posts than days quit. What of it? I had an account on here but lost my login info. It wasn't until I contacted someone from KTC on Facebook that I was able to recover my login info. I know what it means to be honest to yourself. I'm an alcoholic and have been sober for damn near 18 months and I admit I've not gone to very many meetings but I'm still sober. I don't think it's right for anyone on here to make statements about days quit vs number of posts. To me that doesn't mean a fucking thing. I quit on 8-4-14 and today is my 47th day. I didn't start here but I got here as fast as I could.

Offline BazookaJoe

• Master of Quit
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2014, 12:42:00 PM »
Thank guys, that means a lot.

Offline jwright

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-09-01
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2014, 12:05:00 PM »
I'm quitting with you man!!! I have never been able to do it without the support I've found here. Finally I wasn't facing the issue alone. Hit me up on PM if you need anything at all.

JJ
"Your net worth to the world is usually determined by what remains after your bad habits are subtracted from your good ones."

-Benjamin Franklin

Introduction

HOF Speech

Quit Date: September 1, 2014

Offline tarpon17

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2014, 12:04:00 PM »
I've been posting roll daily and I sit there looking at my info in the left hand column. I compare my join date and my quit date only to see the huge depressing gap between them. I guess all I have to explain that gap is excuses and I know they only please the person that is giving them so I won't waste y'all's time. All I can say is that I will continue to post roll every single day to remind myself of a promise I made to my best friends...me, myself, and I. That promise was not to kill myself but the Kill the Can instead. Although I'm doing this for me (can't be a people pleaser), I still can't do it alone which is why this forum has been a Godsend that I actually look forward to waking up to every single day. KTC has made my quit feel so solid and everlasting that there will be no more gaps.

Thank you KTC, for all your help

Ryan Pietsch aka BazookaJoe

P.S. I chose the name BazookaJoe because of the bubble gum I chewed through the fog.

cowboy
nice work BJ. No sense looking backwards either. As addicts, we've all done stupid stuff to keep our fix going. NO MORE! We own our destinies now and we proudly say that we are quitters. Need anything drop me a line.

Offline BazookaJoe

• Master of Quit
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2014, 11:55:00 AM »
I've been posting roll daily and I sit there looking at my info in the left hand column. I compare my join date and my quit date only to see the huge depressing gap between them. I guess all I have to explain that gap is excuses and I know they only please the person that is giving them so I won't waste y'all's time. All I can say is that I will continue to post roll every single day to remind myself of a promise I made to my best friends...me, myself, and I. That promise was not to kill myself but the Kill the Can instead. Although I'm doing this for me (can't be a people pleaser), I still can't do it alone which is why this forum has been a Godsend that I actually look forward to waking up to every single day. KTC has made my quit feel so solid and everlasting that there will be no more gaps.

Thank you KTC, for all your help

Ryan Pietsch aka BazookaJoe

P.S. I chose the name BazookaJoe because of the bubble gum I chewed through the fog.

cowboy

Offline Tuco

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 7/27/2014
  • Likes Given: 48
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2014, 10:57:00 PM »
I look forward to posting roll now, it's the first thing I do in the morning because the first thing I used to do was pop a dip in.
That right there is music to my ears and proof positive that you get it. The best thing we can do for ourselves and others is to make that promise first thing every day. It's so simple, yet many never come to understand that.

Offline Mogul

• Quitter
  • Interests: Pilot
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2014, 09:43:00 PM »
I was teaching a new hire orientation class today in a double wide training room and some knucklehead in the back opened a can of Red Seal and took a big honkin' dip. As soon as he cracked the seal on the can I smelled it. I don't know if it's just the fact that my body is so in tune to wintergreen or if the scent is really that easy to pick up. I dipped all the time that I sat in deer stands and while I hunted coyotes and never realized how much that crap in my lip was destroying my hunting trips.

This fella took multiple dips throughout the day and I found that the odor really irritated my sinuses and almost gave me a mild headache. It made me feel good that I didn't actually want a dip and that having snuff available didn't tempt me in the least.

I look forward to posting roll now, it's the first thing I do in the morning because the first thing I used to do was pop a dip in. I have so much to live for and a whole pile of friends pulling for me on here and at work. Speaking of work, I must have served as the catalyst to get two other dippers quit by showing them what it's like after you get past the 3 day and 3 week mark, that the cravings get manageable, and that the light at the end of the tunnel isn't a speeding freight train.
that is how we win people. Have an experience--post it so we can all learn and support. We all have triggers, experiences, close calls, etc. When we do--post them in your intro and kick some Nic bitch ass. Way to be Bazookie.

Offline RES17CUE

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-20
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2014, 08:02:00 PM »
Good shit Bazooka. Had 3 of my best friends take out their cans and throw in fatties at about my day 11. Was tempted for a minute, but then remembered day 1-3 and any sense of desire was quickly replaced with a hatred that even though I quit, the Nic Bitch still had the power to test my resolve. You've got this now. I just hit day 90 and the days add up fast. Proud to quit with you brother.
You're Quit, Not Cured. KTC will help remind you of the difference.

Quit- 6/20/2014
HOF- 9/27/2014

Offline BazookaJoe

• Master of Quit
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2014, 06:53:00 PM »
I was teaching a new hire orientation class today in a double wide training room and some knucklehead in the back opened a can of Red Seal and took a big honkin' dip. As soon as he cracked the seal on the can I smelled it. I don't know if it's just the fact that my body is so in tune to wintergreen or if the scent is really that easy to pick up. I dipped all the time that I sat in deer stands and while I hunted coyotes and never realized how much that crap in my lip was destroying my hunting trips.

This fella took multiple dips throughout the day and I found that the odor really irritated my sinuses and almost gave me a mild headache. It made me feel good that I didn't actually want a dip and that having snuff available didn't tempt me in the least.

I look forward to posting roll now, it's the first thing I do in the morning because the first thing I used to do was pop a dip in. I have so much to live for and a whole pile of friends pulling for me on here and at work. Speaking of work, I must have served as the catalyst to get two other dippers quit by showing them what it's like after you get past the 3 day and 3 week mark, that the cravings get manageable, and that the light at the end of the tunnel isn't a speeding freight train.

Offline BazookaJoe

• Master of Quit
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2014, 12:36:00 PM »
Quote from: RES17CUE
Glad to see you on here Bazooka. Roll tends to get fucked up throughout the course of the day, but the only REAL way for it to be wrong is if you aren't on it. Don't sweat the small stuff and keep your quit rolling.

I'm a firearm man myself and it's amazing how much more ammo you can afford when you kick the can to the curb. Lead down range beats cancer in your veins.
Very well put.

Offline RES17CUE

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-20
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2014, 12:04:00 PM »
Glad to see you on here Bazooka. Roll tends to get fucked up throughout the course of the day, but the only REAL way for it to be wrong is if you aren't on it. Don't sweat the small stuff and keep your quit rolling.

I'm a firearm man myself and it's amazing how much more ammo you can afford when you kick the can to the curb. Lead down range beats cancer in your veins.
You're Quit, Not Cured. KTC will help remind you of the difference.

Quit- 6/20/2014
HOF- 9/27/2014

Offline BazookaJoe

• Master of Quit
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2014, 11:52:00 AM »
I re-posted roll and this time I did it right. I over think too darn much and make simple things difficult.

Offline BazookaJoe

• Master of Quit
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2014, 10:30:00 AM »
I finally posted roll but I fit the November group better since I quit on 8/4/14 plus November is my favorite and birth month. I may have done something wrong though. I usually screw something up. I think someone else may have been quicker on the draw and posted quicker than me. I guess I check and double check too often. Anyway, I'm 41 days quit and I'm looking forward to 42.