Author Topic: Starting Day 5...I got this shit!!!  (Read 4708 times)

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Starting Day 5...I got this shit!!!
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2013, 08:05:00 AM »
I am saddened to hear of your loss. My thoughts and prayers go out to the lives his loss will affect.
'usflag'
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline billybill3934

• Quitter
  • Interests: My wife and 2 young children keep me happy and busy most of the time but when I get a spare moment you can catch me in a historic area or park metal detecting or up on the river sluicing for some gold or with a fishing pole in my hand. I also like hunting, hiking, and anything else exciting or outdoors. I like all sports and recently got into volleyball.
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2013, 08:03:00 AM »
Quote from: srans
Quote from: omahaflyer
Quote from: jaynellie
Quote from: billybill3934
Quote from: ParadigmDawg
Quote from: Mthomas3824
On my 105th day quit I am met with the news that my coworker and friend of the last 4 years has two days to live. Kevin has been dipping since he was 15 and his choice of poison is Copenhagen snuff. A year ago he started having back pains and was losing weight rapidly so he got checked out by a doctor. The first diagnosis was diabetes and they put him on meds to counteract the disease. His condition didnÂ’t get much better and his back was still hurting so he went in for a second opinion. The new Dr. decided to do a full body x-ray and the result was a mass on the back side of his pancreas, biopsy turned out positive for cancer. The cancer tumor was also the reason for his diabetes.
Pancreatic cancer is the fourth most common cause of cancer related deaths in the United States. The median survival rate of pancreatic cancer is 9.5% and Kevin was on the low end because he was at stage 3 when they caught the tumor. Immediate sessions of weekly high dose chemotherapy started that week. He kept a great attitude and stuck it out at work four days a week for the first 10 months, the pancreatic cancer was responding to the chemo and he was actually winning the battle or so we thought. About a month ago he stopped coming to work and I found out that the cancer spread to his brain and is inoperable.
Kevin dipped up until the last day I saw him at work and no one knows for sure but there is a high chance that the many years of dipping and gutting the spit played a large role in the formation of the pancreatic cancer. I told him all about my quit and the support group that has helped me break the bond with the poison we have been slaves to for so long. He told me that he wants to quit but couldnÂ’t handle it with everything else that was going on. I told him that the dip wasnÂ’t helping in any way and all he needs to do is make the decision to quit and we (KTC) will be with him every step of the way. The old saying you can lead a horse to water but you canÂ’t make him drink rang true like it does so often with us addicts. He is dipping on his death bed today and it is a disturbing reminder to me and hopefully many others that this deadly poison is just that, DEADLY!
Kevin will be survived by his wife, 19 year old daughter, and 4 year old son. My deepest sorrow and prayers go out to his family.
Reading this is gut and heart wrenching. I don't know what to say except that the only thing that is in my control is to be an example and promise to be quit today. So if it helps, I quit nicotine today and If I wake tomorrow, I plan to repeat.

Sorry you are dealing with this but a good reminder to chose to quit now vs. being forced to quit sometime down the road.
Ugh....I am also at a loss on words.

All I can say is that I quit with you buddy.
Thanks man, I am hoping to save a life with this story or at least wake someone up to a quit. Kevin is still with us today but he is in hospice care at his home surrounded by his family. The Dr. said tonight or tomorrow he will pass on.

Jbob- I hope all is well my friend, you are a bad ass quitter. Keep in touch on here or if you're up to it I want to see you back on kik. Quit on!
Prayers......for the family
Prayers for you and the family.
Prayers brother. I don't know if you read my intro a few weeks ago, but I to have a friend with cancer. He was diagnosed with throat cancer 4the stage. He has been going through the treatments and making it one day at a time. He had quit dipping years ago. Don't know how long ago, but does that really matter??

I quit before his diagnosis and questioned him a lot on his quit. He was instrumental in my decision to quit and was a source of knowledge. He has told me that he is very glad I quit after the diagnosis and acknowledges that it's probably the poison that caused this.

I feel your pain my friend. Prayers for your friend.
Thanks all of you for your prayers. Kevin passed late last night and on this day of mourning not only for him (he was a 20 yr retired AO in the Navy) but for the many who have lost their lives defending this country and for everyone who was affected on this day 9/11.
"I quit today until tomorrow then quit again"
29MAY2013-QUIT!
WIN THE DAY
My HOF Speech
HOF:05SEP2013
My Intro

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2013, 07:54:00 AM »
Quote from: omahaflyer
On my 105th day quit I am met with the news that my coworker and friend of the last 4 years has two days to live. Kevin has been dipping since he was 15 and his choice of poison is Copenhagen snuff. A year ago he started having back pains and was losing weight rapidly so he got checked out by a doctor. The first diagnosis was diabetes and they put him on meds to counteract the disease. His condition didnÂ’t get much better and his back was still hurting so he went in for a second opinion. The new Dr. decided to do a full body x-ray and the result was a mass on the back side of his pancreas, biopsy turned out positive for cancer. The cancer tumor was also the reason for his diabetes.
Pancreatic cancer is the fourth most common cause of cancer related deaths in the United States. The median survival rate of pancreatic cancer is 9.5% and Kevin was on the low end because he was at stage 3 when they caught the tumor. Immediate sessions of weekly high dose chemotherapy started that week. He kept a great attitude and stuck it out at work four days a week for the first 10 months, the pancreatic cancer was responding to the chemo and he was actually winning the battle or so we thought. About a month ago he stopped coming to work and I found out that the cancer spread to his brain and is inoperable.
Kevin dipped up until the last day I saw him at work and no one knows for sure but there is a high chance that the many years of dipping and gutting the spit played a large role in the formation of the pancreatic cancer. I told him all about my quit and the support group that has helped me break the bond with the poison we have been slaves to for so long. He told me that he wants to quit but couldnÂ’t handle it with everything else that was going on. I told him that the dip wasnÂ’t helping in any way and all he needs to do is make the decision to quit and we (KTC) will be with him every step of the way. The old saying you can lead a horse to water but you canÂ’t make him drink rang true like it does so often with us addicts. He is dipping on his death bed today and it is a disturbing reminder to me and hopefully many others that this deadly poison is just that, DEADLY!
Kevin will be survived by his wife, 19 year old daughter, and 4 year old son. My deepest sorrow and prayers go out to his family.
Reading this is gut and heart wrenching. I don't know what to say except that the only thing that is in my control is to be an example and promise to be quit today. So if it helps, I quit nicotine today and If I wake tomorrow, I plan to repeat.

Sorry you are dealing with this but a good reminder to chose to quit now vs. being forced to quit sometime down the road.

Thanks man, I am hoping to save a life with this story or at least wake someone up to a quit. Kevin is still with us today but he is in hospice care at his home surrounded by his family. The Dr. said tonight or tomorrow he will pass on.

Jbob- I hope all is well my friend, you are a bad ass quitter. Keep in touch on here or if you're up to it I want to see you back on kik. Quit on!
Prayers brother. I don't know if you read my intro a few weeks ago, but I to have a friend with cancer. He was diagnosed with throat cancer 4the stage. He has been going through the treatments and making it one day at a time. He had quit dipping years ago. Don't know how long ago, but does that really matter??

I quit before his diagnosis and questioned him a lot on his quit. He was instrumental in my decision to quit and was a source of knowledge. He has told me that he is very glad I quit after the diagnosis and acknowledges that it's probably the poison that caused this.

I feel your pain my friend. Prayers for your friend.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline omahaflyer

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 3 Jan 2013
  • Interests: fish golf baseball
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2013, 07:34:00 AM »

Memorial Stadium

Southeast: "In Commemoration of the men of Nebraska who served and fell in the Nation's Wars."
Southwest: "Not the victory but the action; Not the goal but the game; In the deed the glory."
Northwest: "Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."
Northeast: "Their Lives they held their country's trust; They kept its faith; They died its heroes."

Offline jaynellie

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: being a good husband a good dad, riding our quads at the dunes, watching my children turn into adults
« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2013, 11:44:00 PM »

"You never have to remember what you said, if you always tell the truth"

"Post roll everyday and your chances of staying quit goes up 100%" --mememe

Offline billybill3934

• Quitter
  • Interests: My wife and 2 young children keep me happy and busy most of the time but when I get a spare moment you can catch me in a historic area or park metal detecting or up on the river sluicing for some gold or with a fishing pole in my hand. I also like hunting, hiking, and anything else exciting or outdoors. I like all sports and recently got into volleyball.
« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2013, 08:35:00 PM »

29MAY2013-QUIT!
WIN THE DAY
My HOF Speech
My Intro

Offline Jbob

• Quitter
« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2013, 07:00:00 PM »
Quote from: Mthomas3824,Sep
Quote from: billybill3934,Sep

All I can say is that I quit with you buddy.[/QUOTE]

Yep - we're all just one dip away from this or some variation of this story; and like good addicts we think it can't or won't happen to us - until it does - we need to be grateful for the support we get to kick this addiction; and not take anything for granted; and we can show our gratitude by reaching out to others that are trying to quit - we CAN do this together !
Quit date: Friday November 22, 2013

Offline ParadigmDawg

• Quitter
  • Interests: Mountain BikingRoad BikingHome Audio
« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2013, 05:20:00 PM »

Oh little worm-dirt...you are so scary...F' OFF...!!!

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-03-14
  • Interests: Living my life and never turning back to the can of lies.
« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2013, 04:48:00 PM »

Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline billybill3934

• Quitter
« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2013, 03:23:00 PM »
Pancreatic cancer is the fourth most common cause of cancer related deaths in the United States. The median survival rate of pancreatic cancer is 9.5% and Kevin was on the low end because he was at stage 3 when they caught the tumor. Immediate sessions of high dose chemotherapy started that week. He kept a great attitude and stuck it out at work four days a week for the first 10 months, the pancreatic cancer was responding to the chemo and he was actually winning the battle or so we thought. About a month ago he stopped coming to work and I found out that the cancer spread to his brain and is inoperable.
29MAY2013-QUIT!
WIN THE DAY
My HOF Speech
My Intro

Offline JRizzle

• Quitter
  • Interests: Love cattle, economics, working out, meeting new people and experiencing new things
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2013, 11:19:00 PM »
Quote from: B-loMatt
Quote from: JRizzle
Quote from: duathman
Hey Bill way to go on one month quit! Proud to quit with you every day.
Dude you are rocking along. ODAAT 'winker'
Proud of you brother! Blessed to have you in our quit group
Thanks Rizzle, I have gained much strength from your support and insightful words. Like I told travis you are one of the most active quitters in our group and your support/devotion is a blessing!
Woot! From 1 month to 100 just like that ODAAT! Congrates Billy!
Remember what I said back on July 2nd? That's as true today as it was then. Billy, it's as much an honor to be quit with you on day 100 (or 101) as it was when I was day 1 and you were 10. Congrats brother.
We all want progress, but if you're on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; in that case, the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive.

Has tobacco been so kind to you that you should leave it with regret? There are far better things ahead than any we leave behind.

Come join us. Come be quit with us. Rather than slowly commit suicide, slowly regain your health. It might hurt at first, but it won't kill you. And once the birthing process is done you'll find yourself a free man. With friends. And health. And wealth. Come drink at the fountain of quit.

Offline B-loMatt

• Quitter
  • Interests: Cooking, gameing, music, sports, the outdoors. Spending time with my family is my biggest hobby, I have two little girls who are my number 1 priority (for real now that I kicked nic out of my life)
« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2013, 09:53:00 AM »
Thanks Rizzle, I have gained much strength from your support and insightful words. Like I told travis you are one of the most active quitters in our group and your support/devotion is a blessing!
Woot! From 1 month to 100 just like that ODAAT! Congrates Billy!

Offline Erussell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2013-04-30
  • Interests: Time with daughter. Anything outdoors.
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2013, 09:35:00 AM »
Congrats Billy Bill. It was an honor for Jake and I to welcome you on the train. Job well done brother, I proudly quit with you today, Erussell -129-.

And now we find ourselves back in California! Love this state! Hope we have more quitters living here so we can keep coming back! Today we welcome, BillyBill3934! He is a BADDASS who started chewing when he was 14 years old but thanks to KTC and his strong determination he has now reached 100 days quit! He is originally from Oregon and it is obvious by his choice in hobbies and T.V. shows. He loves to prospect for gold and detect metals under the earth using those thingamabobs that beep constantly. Favorite show is Duck dynasty and Gold rush. Just hearing this makes me want to ride a railroad in search of riches! The craziest thing he has doneÂ…. 2 deployments to the Arabian Gulf aboard an aircraft carrier. I think that means he jumped out of a plane! That is crazier than anything I want to do for sure. He must love planes because he works on them for a living. I hope he is a hard worker or we will all have problems next time we fly.
His advice to others…. “My first attempt at quitting ended in 6 months of quit flushed down the drain because I didn’t stick around after HOF. I also was a late poster and didn’t do anything on the site except post roll. Please learn from my mistakes and drink up the Kool-Aid!”
He would like to thank many people here. Duathman, Traumagnet, Kandalk, Jrizzle, Matt(s), Derk, DChogs, Sirderek, Shu26, Wastepanel, Cbird65, JBob, 80Philly, Jaynellie, Gmann, Sportsfan, BobertD.
Billy! You have earned your place on this train and we are glad to have you aboard! Keep the place clean if possible, But have fun! I think there is some more “cock” bourbon here for the taking…..Jake
I would rather lose to a cheater than win as a cheater.

Offline billybill3934

• Quitter
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2013, 12:09:00 PM »
29MAY2013-QUIT!
WIN THE DAY
My HOF Speech
My Intro

Offline billybill3934

• Quitter
« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2013, 12:07:00 PM »
Thanks Travis, You're trucking right along as well. You are probably the most active quitter in our group and I really appreciate the time you devote to the group.
29MAY2013-QUIT!
WIN THE DAY
My HOF Speech
My Intro