Author Topic: Starting Day 5...I got this shit!!!  (Read 4720 times)

Offline billybill3934

• Quitter
  • Interests: My wife and 2 young children keep me happy and busy most of the time but when I get a spare moment you can catch me in a historic area or park metal detecting or up on the river sluicing for some gold or with a fishing pole in my hand. I also like hunting, hiking, and anything else exciting or outdoors. I like all sports and recently got into volleyball.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Starting Day 5...I got this shit!!!
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2013, 12:00:00 PM »
Quote from: B-loMatt
Hey Bill way to go on one month quit! Proud to quit with you every day.
Thanks Buffalo, Congrats to you as well. We have the same quit date so looks like 35 today. Some days I post a few days off then have to count up the days and edit or use the quit counter from the original site. One time I was 10 days off. The fog is strong man cub but you and I are stronger!!!
"I quit today until tomorrow then quit again"
29MAY2013-QUIT!
WIN THE DAY
My HOF Speech
HOF:05SEP2013
My Intro

Offline JRizzle

• Quitter
  • Interests: Love cattle, economics, working out, meeting new people and experiencing new things
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2013, 10:36:00 AM »
Quote from: duathman
Dude you are rocking along. ODAAT 'winker'
Proud of you brother! Blessed to have you in our quit group
We all want progress, but if you're on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; in that case, the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive.

Has tobacco been so kind to you that you should leave it with regret? There are far better things ahead than any we leave behind.

Come join us. Come be quit with us. Rather than slowly commit suicide, slowly regain your health. It might hurt at first, but it won't kill you. And once the birthing process is done you'll find yourself a free man. With friends. And health. And wealth. Come drink at the fountain of quit.

Offline duathman

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 6-5-2013
  • Interests: Running, cycling
  • Likes Given: 216
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2013, 10:23:00 AM »
Dude you are rocking along. ODAAT 'winker'

Offline B-loMatt

• Quitter
  • Interests: Cooking, gameing, music, sports, the outdoors. Spending time with my family is my biggest hobby, I have two little girls who are my number 1 priority (for real now that I kicked nic out of my life)
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2013, 09:34:00 PM »

Offline billybill3934

• Quitter
  • Interests: My wife and 2 young children keep me happy and busy most of the time but when I get a spare moment you can catch me in a historic area or park metal detecting or up on the river sluicing for some gold or with a fishing pole in my hand. I also like hunting, hiking, and anything else exciting or outdoors. I like all sports and recently got into volleyball.
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2013, 03:41:00 PM »
Quote from: SirDerek
Quote from: billybill3934
On today June 27, 2013 I am 30 days quit! The first 30 have been a challenge and without the constant support from everyone (especially Duathman, DChogs, Jrizzle, Jbob, Denjr, Cmcnorwalk, Mattf, and Kandalk) I wouldn't be as strong in my quit as I am today. I know that around this time complacency and cockiness tend to set in but with the connections and bonds I have made with my brothers I am reminded every day that I can't do this on my own. I am extremely greatful to all of you for being so damn awesome!!!
Thats it, head on straight and fly that quit (like a duck) every damn day.

BTW thanks for the football coach here in Philly, of course the sanctions now tell the story.... 'Crazy' :P 'crackup'
Thanks to you as well SirDerek and Gmann, support is what I need and you guys have been there to keep me quit. I do owe a thanks to the college football thread, I wish more people were engaged on there.

P.S. You're welcome SirDerek, You got a wierd freaking guy but a bad ass football coach. If you haven't already noticed he turns football programs into fort knox and I get the reason but it's hard for the fans.
29MAY2013-QUIT!
WIN THE DAY
My HOF Speech
My Intro

Offline G

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2013, 02:52:00 PM »
Quote from: SirDerek
On today June 27, 2013 I am 30 days quit! The first 30 have been a challenge and without the constant support from everyone (especially Duathman, DChogs, Jrizzle, Jbob, Denjr, Cmcnorwalk, Mattf, and Kandalk) I wouldn't be as strong in my quit as I am today. I know that around this time complacency and cockiness tend to set in but with the connections and bonds I have made with my brothers I am reminded every day that I can't do this on my own. I am extremely greatful to all of you for being so damn awesome!!!

BTW thanks for the football coach here in Philly, of course the sanctions now tell the story.... 'Crazy' :P 'crackup'
Don't forget how much Wildcard and the College football thread have served as a welcomed distraction.

Offline SirDerek

• Quit Pro
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2013, 01:25:00 PM »

Offline billybill3934

• Quitter
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2013, 12:53:00 PM »
29MAY2013-QUIT!
WIN THE DAY
My HOF Speech
My Intro

Offline dchogs

• Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: May 16, 2011
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2013, 09:19:00 AM »
Quote from: Eric71
Quote from: traumagnet
Quote from: per034
Quote from: CBird65
No updates from day 10 until you caved.  Missed 27 days of posting in your first 100. Utterly shocking that you show up in Sept 13 posting day 1 
Sarcasm
WillyWill... Go back and look at old quit groups. I tend to gravitate to August, 2011 for obvious reasons. The guys that are still posting there posted roll 95% of the time or better pre-HOF. It's no coincidence. Your commitment early in your quit is quintessential to the long-term viability of your quit. You never see an pre-HOF quitter bouncing in and out on occasion and have their quit stick.

I would say others could learn from this cave, but this is a simple as 2+2. You were never in this for the long term to begin with. I hope this time around you take more pride in your quit and yourself. I know I did.
Well that's a shame. I remember both you and Navy Tom(I think that was his name). I posted roll with you in your groups.

Is he still quit or did you both go back to finger banging the can?

1) what happened?

2) why did it happen?

3) what are you going to do differently this time?

You are absolutely right, I thought I was invincible in my first quit. I posted roll religiously for about 30 days then it was when convenient for me. I thought it was easy and I didn't need all the hoopla on here. I would get kind of annoyed when people on here would be hounding me to post when I hadn't posted first thing in the morning. I would think to myself that I don't need to be so religious with posting to stay quit, I tricked myself into thinking that I had the power to stay quit all on my own. I was obviously mistaken and I hope I can teach the new guys and guys getting close to HOF that even when you think you have things under control with your life long addiction, it is a foolish move to seperate yourself from the thing that got you this far in the first place...Your KTC Brothers! My brother Tom (Navyguytom) stayed clean for about 6 months and then I saw his lip bulging out one day and that really hurt because we were each others support through this whole thing. He didn't text or call when he decided to put that dip back in his lip and it really hurt to see that, I am in the same category in that I selfishly decided to fill my lip with that rotten death potion without ever consulting any of my brothers. I know how it feels to be betrayed by a brother and I can only promise today until tomorrow.
Not blasting you Billy, I am learning here everyday I learn...not sure I saw and answer to question 3) what are you going to do differently this time?
I am new here I build my bag of tools up here. I can learn from this, you can learn we all can learn.
What am I going to do differently? I am going to commit 100% to my quit, I am going to build relationships with my quit brothers and be accountable every day by posting first thing. I know now that I can't get complacent and cocky...The 2 things that ruined my quit!!!
Bring your quit (post roll in Oct12) everyday with us and we will offer whatever support you need. It is bad enough to see a brother fall prey again to an addiction, let us help you keep the bitch at bay this time round.
agreed, billy. you need to post every day with your old and new groups. that way, you have two sets of folks looking for your ass everyday. and me.

step up and start the sept 13 spreadsheet, or if one is already started, you should volunteer to help.
Quit- 5/16/2011. One day at a time.
HoF- 8/23/2011; 2nd Floor- 12/1/2011; 3rd Floor- 3/10/2012; 4th Floor- 6/18/2012; 5th Floor- 9/27/2012; 6th Floor- 1/4/2013; 7th Floor- 4/14/2013; 8th Floor- 7/23/2013; 9th Floor- 10/31/2013; 10th Floor- 2/8/2014; 11th Floor- 5/19/2014; 12th Floor- 8/27/2014; 13th Floor- 12/5/14; 14th floor- 3/15/15; 15th floor- 6/23/15; 16th floor- 10/1/15; 17th floor- 1/9/16; 18th floor- 4/18/16; 19th floor- 7/26/16; 20th floor- 11/4/16; 21st floor- 2/12/17; 22nd Floor- 5/23/17; 23rd Floor- 8/31/17; 24th Floor- 12/9/17; 25th floor- 3/19/18; 26th floor- 6/27/18; 27th floor- 10/5/18; 28th floor- 1/13/19; 29th foor- 4/22/19; 30th floor- 7/31/19; 31st floor- 11/8/19; 32nd floor- 2/17/20; 33rd floor- 5/27/20; 34th floor- 9/4/20; 35th floor- 12/13/20; 36th floor- 3/23/21; 37th floor- 7/1/21; 38th floor- 10/9/21; 39th floor- 1/17/22; 40th floor- 4/27/22; 41st floor- 8/5/22; 42nd floor- 11/12/22; 43rd floor- 2/20/23; 44th floor- 6/1/23; 45th floor- 9/9/23; 46th floor- 12/18/23; 47th floor- 3/27/24.

"He which hath no stomach to this fight let him depart. But we in it shall be remembered. We few, we happy few, we band of brothers! For he today, that sheds his blood with me, shall always be my brother." (Wm. Shakespeare). For August '11.

Who dares, wins.

Stay quit... it is life or death and that is the undeniable truth.

"To be driven by our appetites alone is slavery, while to obey a law that we have imposed on ourselves is freedom." Rosseau

Offline eric71

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Weight Training, Powerlifting, Kettlebells, coaching, fantasy sports
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2013, 09:07:00 AM »
No updates from day 10 until you caved.  Missed 27 days of posting in your first 100. Utterly shocking that you show up in Sept 13 posting day 1 
Sarcasm
WillyWill... Go back and look at old quit groups. I tend to gravitate to August, 2011 for obvious reasons. The guys that are still posting there posted roll 95% of the time or better pre-HOF. It's no coincidence. Your commitment early in your quit is quintessential to the long-term viability of your quit. You never see an pre-HOF quitter bouncing in and out on occasion and have their quit stick.

I would say others could learn from this cave, but this is a simple as 2+2. You were never in this for the long term to begin with. I hope this time around you take more pride in your quit and yourself. I know I did.
Well that's a shame. I remember both you and Navy Tom(I think that was his name). I posted roll with you in your groups.

1) what happened?

2) why did it happen?

You are absolutely right, I thought I was invincible in my first quit. I posted roll religiously for about 30 days then it was when convenient for me. I thought it was easy and I didn't need all the hoopla on here. I would get kind of annoyed when people on here would be hounding me to post when I hadn't posted first thing in the morning. I would think to myself that I don't need to be so religious with posting to stay quit, I tricked myself into thinking that I had the power to stay quit all on my own. I was obviously mistaken and I hope I can teach the new guys and guys getting close to HOF that even when you think you have things under control with your life long addiction, it is a foolish move to seperate yourself from the thing that got you this far in the first place...Your KTC Brothers! My brother Tom (Navyguytom) stayed clean for about 6 months and then I saw his lip bulging out one day and that really hurt because we were each others support through this whole thing. He didn't text or call when he decided to put that dip back in his lip and it really hurt to see that, I am in the same category in that I selfishly decided to fill my lip with that rotten death potion without ever consulting any of my brothers. I know how it feels to be betrayed by a brother and I can only promise today until tomorrow.
Not blasting you Billy, I am learning here everyday I learn...not sure I saw and answer to question 3) what are you going to do differently this time?
I am new here I build my bag of tools up here. I can learn from this, you can learn we all can learn.
What am I going to do differently? I am going to commit 100% to my quit, I am going to build relationships with my quit brothers and be accountable every day by posting first thing. I know now that I can't get complacent and cocky...The 2 things that ruined my quit!!!
Bring your quit (post roll in Oct12) everyday with us and we will offer whatever support you need. It is bad enough to see a brother fall prey again to an addiction, let us help you keep the bitch at bay this time round.

Offline billybill3934

• Quitter
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2013, 11:10:00 AM »
Sarcasm

1) what happened?

2) why did it happen?

29MAY2013-QUIT!
WIN THE DAY
My HOF Speech
My Intro

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2013, 10:46:00 AM »
Sarcasm

1) what happened?

2) why did it happen?

Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline billybill3934

• Quitter
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2013, 10:21:00 AM »
Sarcasm

1) what happened?

2) why did it happen?

29MAY2013-QUIT!
WIN THE DAY
My HOF Speech
My Intro

Offline Kubrick

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 3/24/2012
  • Interests: Guiar, bass guitar, Flyfishing, shooting, photography
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2013, 10:04:00 AM »
Sarcasm

1) what happened?

2) why did it happen?

Quit date 03/24/2012
HOF date 07/01/2012

"The only regret I ever see on this site is from those who fail..." - Sac

My Intro

Offline per034

• Quitter
  • Interests: My family - 2 amazingly brilliant and beautiful children and an equally amazing and beautiful wife. Sports - Mets and Giants for teams, golf for weekends... Bagpipes. Been playing bagpipes longer than I've been dipping. And that's a long friggin' time.
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2013, 10:43:00 AM »
No updates from day 10 until you caved. Missed 27 days of posting in your first 100. Utterly shocking that you show up in Sept 13 posting day 1
Sarcasm

The love you get here is conditional. The condition is that you are quit.

"Every time you bump someone and dont fix it, a kitten dies" - Jost2Brown