Author Topic: New to quitting and dying slowly  (Read 3016 times)

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
Re: New to quitting and dying slowly
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2014, 11:50:00 AM »
Quote from: MUPig
Quote from: E&C's
Quote from: Lambo915
Havent updated this thing in a while. Bored at work so figured i would. 12 days in. And I am more of a quitter than ever. I am still pulling out of the fog. Thought I was completely through it but was kind of fuzzy today. lost count on my own quit days LOL. But i feel better than I have in a long time. Have really been spending some time in chat, getting to know some guys, exchanging some numbers. Love it.

Met my first real challenge this past weekend too. Had my Motorcycle Club "church" and drank beer for the first time since day 1. I killed it with no problem. i think i was so exctited to talk about my quit, i didnt have time to cave LOL. But I made it through.

As i read more on the forum, and i read threads with people who caved, or people who just cant wrap their mind around KTC, it is starting to make me angry. I have 2 beautiful daughters and could not bear the thought of losing 1 single day with them in exchange for that nasty weed. Yet people here treat their quit like some sort of joke, or something to pass the time between dips. Quitting like fu.ck is hard as fu.ck, and i can not stand when people commit to the quit and are full of s.hit. That ryhmes LOL.

God 12 days sounds like so little, but its the longest i have gone without a dip in 10+ years. jesus i was stupid. No more though. I am a full time quitter!

I can not thank KTC or some of the guys I have met on here for their help. I truly understand that the fight to quit is a fight for my life. And having total strangers who care enough about my quit to help, shows the caliber of ppl KTC draws.

Thanks for reading my needlesly long post. Quit Long, Quit Hard!!!!!
Very well said. I love that the majority of the people here are serious as cancer about quitting. It will get better in your quit group as the slackers and cavers disappear. Pretty soon the next new group will have to deal with them. I quit with you today! Please hit me up if I can do anything to help and CONGRATS ON 12 DAYS THAT IS SOMETHING TO BE PROUD OF. JUST QUIT ODAAT. 'boob'
Keep on plowing through Lambo. Glad to see you make through the challenge. ODAAT. Why go back when there is so much more to look forward to?
Brother, there is nothing little about 12 days of quit. That is awesome. They add up so fast and things get so much better too! Keep going. Good Post!

Offline Mupig

• Master of Quit
    • MUPig HoF Speech
  • Quit Date: April 14, 2014
  • Likes Given: 65
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2014, 10:21:00 AM »
Quote from: E&C's
Havent updated this thing in a while. Bored at work so figured i would. 12 days in. And I am more of a quitter than ever. I am still pulling out of the fog. Thought I was completely through it but was kind of fuzzy today. lost count on my own quit days LOL. But i feel better than I have in a long time. Have really been spending some time in chat, getting to know some guys, exchanging some numbers. Love it.

Met my first real challenge this past weekend too. Had my Motorcycle Club "church" and drank beer for the first time since day 1. I killed it with no problem. i think i was so exctited to talk about my quit, i didnt have time to cave LOL. But I made it through.

As i read more on the forum, and i read threads with people who caved, or people who just cant wrap their mind around KTC, it is starting to make me angry. I have 2 beautiful daughters and could not bear the thought of losing 1 single day with them in exchange for that nasty weed. Yet people here treat their quit like some sort of joke, or something to pass the time between dips. Quitting like fu.ck is hard as fu.ck, and i can not stand when people commit to the quit and are full of s.hit. That ryhmes LOL.

God 12 days sounds like so little, but its the longest i have gone without a dip in 10+ years. jesus i was stupid. No more though. I am a full time quitter!

I can not thank KTC or some of the guys I have met on here for their help. I truly understand that the fight to quit is a fight for my life. And having total strangers who care enough about my quit to help, shows the caliber of ppl KTC draws.

Very well said. I love that the majority of the people here are serious as cancer about quitting. It will get better in your quit group as the slackers and cavers disappear. Pretty soon the next new group will have to deal with them. I quit with you today! Please hit me up if I can do anything to help and CONGRATS ON 12 DAYS THAT IS SOMETHING TO BE PROUD OF. JUST QUIT ODAAT. 'boob'
Keep on plowing through Lambo. Glad to see you make through the challenge. ODAAT. Why go back when there is so much more to look forward to?
Proud member of July 2014 DD’s

E&C's Dad

« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2014, 09:33:00 AM »

Offline miles

• Quit Pro
  • Howdy, I'm Miles and I'm Quit
  • Quit Date: 3/7/2011
  • Interests: My kids, Quitting, Hunting, fishing, motorcycles, MTB, football, racing, baseball, guitar, family, running, Clint Eastwood, Cold Beer, Floating down the river, camping. Atlanta Braves, Atlanta Falcons, Houston Oilers (RIP - Love Ya Blue!)"]["{{}}{{}}][_
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2014, 08:07:00 AM »
Quit with you today. One Day At A Time has worked for me.

Miles - 1150
I quit with with you all!

Offline Lambo915

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-18
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2014, 06:26:00 AM »

Lambo*****915*******IOFFIO********************Full Time Quitter***********

Offline Lambo915

• Quitter
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2014, 12:42:00 AM »
Thanks Slinger. I know the deadly poision is what we are here to beat, and I am, everyday, ADAAT, but I really want to kick the habit of having a lip full of black sh.it all the time. But again, its better than the she devil that wants to kill me.

Offline slinger

• Quitter
  • Interests: My wife and two sons, sports, hunting, fishing, and quitting.
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2014, 12:37:00 AM »
Today was a great quit day Brothers.

I had to break down and buy some Smokey Mountain today. I didnt want to, but the cravings were bad. At first I was dissappointed in myself. I know its not a cave, but its still a lump of crap in my mouth i dont want. But as soon as i threw that SM in, I learned a very important lesson. I AM NOT DEPENDENT ON NICOTINE ANYMORE!! I am still very addicted, and always will be, but theat dip of SM made me feel 100% better. Which tells me I dont need nic anymore. Just an oral fixation to kick. 7 days in , and i have never been more dedicated. I quit today again!!!!]

Great day brothers, great day.
Hey Lambo, don't beat yourself up for using the fake stuff. Some guys use it hundreds of days into their quits. I use it a couple times a day. Usually go through a can in about a week. I am finding that I need it less and less. Whatever it takes to not put that poison shit in your mouth. Stay strong. I'm quitting with you today.
We are what we repeatedly do. ~ Aristotle

Quit or get off the pot, Sally. ~ Diesel2112

The way I see it, you can either post roll daily or fuck off. ~ jost2brown

Bam! Right in the ass! ~ MonsterEMT

Quit Date: 3/4/14
HOF Date: 6/11/14
2nd Floor: 9/19/14
HOF Speech

Offline Lambo915

• Quitter
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2014, 12:30:00 AM »
Today was a great quit day Brothers.

I had to break down and buy some Smokey Mountain today. I didnt want to, but the cravings were bad. At first I was dissappointed in myself. I know its not a cave, but its still a lump of crap in my mouth i dont want. But as soon as i threw that SM in, I learned a very important lesson. I AM NOT DEPENDENT ON NICOTINE ANYMORE!! I am still very addicted, and always will be, but theat dip of SM made me feel 100% better. Which tells me I dont need nic anymore. Just an oral fixation to kick. 7 days in , and i have never been more dedicated. I quit today again!!!!]

Great day brothers, great day.

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2014, 10:12:00 AM »
Quote from: jayd41
Thanks Jay. I am on day 6, and my brain is in full revolt against my quit. The cravings are bad, but I posted roll, commited to QLF today, and I aint caving.
yeah man...it is a mental game from here on out...just today...that is all you need to worry about.
That's how you quit brother. Make that pledge (roll call) before your feet hit the floor. Then you're locked in. I quit with you. Keep winning these battles and pretty soon you will feel damn good.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline jayd41

• Quitter
  • Interests: Golf, basketball, anything related to Purdue! Boiler up! Friends and family
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2014, 09:46:00 AM »
Thanks Jay. I am on day 6, and my brain is in full revolt against my quit. The cravings are bad, but I posted roll, commited to QLF today, and I aint caving.
yeah man...it is a mental game from here on out...just today...that is all you need to worry about.
Boy I sure could use a beer right about now!

Offline Lambo915

• Quitter
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2014, 09:39:00 AM »

Offline jayd41

• Quitter
  • Interests: Golf, basketball, anything related to Purdue! Boiler up! Friends and family
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2014, 09:30:00 AM »
Rough day today. Now that I am almost a week in, the Nic is mostly gone, and now instead of just feeling like crap, I feel fine, and want a dip more than ever. But I am not. I am gonna stay quit. It sucks. I truly had no idea how all encompassing quitting would be. I knew it would be difficult, but I feel like a heroin addict. All of my focus is on quitting. As it should be.

Gotta throw some love towards Toddy, whose emails and support has helped on the hard days like today. Just to piss and moan to someone who knows what its like is a life saver. Thanks brother!!

QLF EDD. I quit again today
i don't remember exactly the day you are on but if you are almost at a week the nicotine is completely out of your system! You survived the hardest part physically...now to mind games are upon you...love the mind games...every crave you get from now on might feel physical but it is all in your head. congrats and quit on
Boy I sure could use a beer right about now!

Offline Lambo915

• Quitter
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2014, 03:40:00 AM »
Rough day today. Now that I am almost a week in, the Nic is mostly gone, and now instead of just feeling like crap, I feel fine, and want a dip more than ever. But I am not. I am gonna stay quit. It sucks. I truly had no idea how all encompassing quitting would be. I knew it would be difficult, but I feel like a heroin addict. All of my focus is on quitting. As it should be.

Gotta throw some love towards Toddy, whose emails and support has helped on the hard days like today. Just to piss and moan to someone who knows what its like is a life saver. Thanks brother!!

QLF EDD. I quit again today

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2014, 11:27:00 AM »
Appreciate it guys. KTC has definitely helped keep me on track. I honestly had doubts that posting roll and all that was neccessary and worth it. But I figured I would try, and keep an open mind. Now, 5 days quit, I love posting roll, what it means, and is a daily re-commit to QLF EDD!!!!!
And... the light goes on!

Good on ya, man.
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline Lambo915

• Quitter
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2014, 08:28:00 AM »
Appreciate it guys. KTC has definitely helped keep me on track. I honestly had doubts that posting roll and all that was neccessary and worth it. But I figured I would try, and keep an open mind. Now, 5 days quit, I love posting roll, what it means, and is a daily re-commit to QLF EDD!!!!!