Author Topic: New to quitting and dying slowly  (Read 3014 times)

Offline rtpope

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Umpiring baseball, hunting, fishing, college baskeball, NFL, basically sports in general....
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: New to quitting and dying slowly
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2014, 09:35:00 PM »
Quote from: Lambo915
Thanks man, got it. Roll posted

Also I joined the site a while before I had the balls to actually quit. So I have been lurking a while before I quit and posted.
Depending on how much you lurked, you may have a good idea of what is to come!!! Hang in there....it gets better. Get involved with your quit group, get to know your group members and stay quit!!

Drink water, stay engaged, get in the gym, chew some seeds and QLF EDD!!!

Offline MCO

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-03-14
  • Interests: Shooting, hunting, fishing, videogames, women, etc.
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2014, 09:07:00 PM »
Hello everyone. I am 3 days into quitting. And it sucks. I know i am not telling you anything new, but it IS nice to say it to people who know what that means.

I dipped nearly 24 hours a day for that 10 years. Literally from when I woke till when I went to bed. Sometimes I would even sleep with a dip in. Or a pouch at least. And then one day I just got tired of it. So i just stopped. And here I am. Still cloudy headed and feeling like crap but I aint breaking weak!!!!LOL
Congrats on the quit Lambo, you sound like you've got a good attitude. PM me if you need a contact or any advice.
MCO
Quit: 3/14/2014
HOF: 6/21/2014
Quitting with The Saloon and The Elite 8!!
If you are reading this; I quit with you today.

Offline Lambo915

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-18
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2014, 07:31:00 PM »
Thanks man, got it. Roll posted

Also I joined the site a while before I had the balls to actually quit. So I have been lurking a while before I quit and posted.
Lambo*****915*******IOFFIO********************Full Time Quitter***********

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2014, 07:24:00 PM »
Quote from: CaliforniaSlim
Appreciate the encouragement guys. I didnt realize how hard quitting would be, and unless you have done it, you couldnt know. When I tell most people I am quitting they say "cool, thats good" but they dont understand, and cant possibly offer the support you all can. 4 days down and still quitting!!!!!
That is great Lambo. 4 days is fantastic. Your body is free of the filth, now the mind games begin. I see you only have the 2 posts so far. You need to post roll. Do it every damn day.
GO to the pink welcome center button and click it. It will show you how to post roll. Your quit group needs you, and you will need them.
DO it my man. It is part of beating the damn nic-bitch.
Hey man I have read the welcome stuff and dont quite understand where or how to post roll. Can you tell me exactly where and how I do that.
Go to community... Click quit groups... Find July 2014. Click that. Then follow the directions for posting roll. Put your name in the new quitters section.
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline Lambo915

• Quitter
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2014, 07:19:00 PM »
Quote from: CaliforniaSlim
Appreciate the encouragement guys. I didnt realize how hard quitting would be, and unless you have done it, you couldnt know. When I tell most people I am quitting they say "cool, thats good" but they dont understand, and cant possibly offer the support you all can. 4 days down and still quitting!!!!!
That is great Lambo. 4 days is fantastic. Your body is free of the filth, now the mind games begin. I see you only have the 2 posts so far. You need to post roll. Do it every damn day.
GO to the pink welcome center button and click it. It will show you how to post roll. Your quit group needs you, and you will need them.
Hey man I have read the welcome stuff and dont quite understand where or how to post roll. Can you tell me exactly where and how I do that.

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2014, 03:53:00 PM »
Quote from: Thumblewort
I had a similar feeling this weekend at Easter, that people were sorta happy for me but didn't get the quit. Then I remembered I am not a special butterfly, and that I did this to myself, and I am quitting for me, not anyone else. Quit on!
Great job. Just one thing to point out if you don't mind. 5 days ago you were probably contemplating quitting. You probably didn't have the confidence a quitter has.

4 days ago you quit. Quitting is for pretenders, actors and people with little hope who might give it a try.

Your QUIT today my friend. Breathe in that dignity and feel that freedom. QLF with you today.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2014, 03:38:00 PM »
I had a similar feeling this weekend at Easter, that people were sorta happy for me but didn't get the quit. Then I remembered I am not a special butterfly, and that I did this to myself, and I am quitting for me, not anyone else. Quit on!
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline zquitter

• just another quitter
  • Epic Quitter
  • stay quit my friend
  • Interests: the most interesting quitter alive
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2014, 03:35:00 PM »
4 days is great, Lambo! Don't think about staying quit for the rest of your life. Too stressful. Just quit today and worry about tomorrow later. (This mindset works for me.) Stay strong!
---------
'boob'

Offline CaliforniaSlim

• Quitter
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2014, 03:29:00 PM »

Offline Lambo915

• Quitter
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2014, 03:23:00 PM »

Offline Mupig

• Master of Quit
    • MUPig HoF Speech
  • Quit Date: April 14, 2014
  • Likes Given: 65
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2014, 02:09:00 PM »
Hang tough Lambo! You are doing the best thing possible for you and they people who care about you. The first few days really suck. Foggy, sleeping like shit, edgy, jumpy, eating everything in sight. You need to plow through it. Each day become a little easier! I am on day 9. Have had to plow through some very rough patches that in previous tries would have been an easy excuse to cave. Now it is a commitment to quit and you have the support of your fellow quitters to move you forward and keep you nic free. Pm me if you need contact info or need help!
Proud member of July 2014 DD’s

Offline Russell

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2014, 11:47:00 AM »
Good job Lambo. I am on day five , push right on through that day three. It gets better every minute.

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2014, 11:04:00 AM »
Hello everyone. I am 3 days into quitting. And it sucks. I know i am not telling you anything new, but it IS nice to say it to people who know what that means.

I dipped nearly 24 hours a day for that 10 years. Literally from when I woke till when I went to bed. Sometimes I would even sleep with a dip in. Or a pouch at least. And then one day I just got tired of it. So i just stopped. And here I am. Still cloudy headed and feeling like crap but I aint breaking weak!!!!LOL
3 days is magic... know why?

All that poison is gone from your body. 72 hours after quitting, nicotine has left the building. It's now your job to rebuild the building she demolished. Get familiar with this site bro... it's your new life manual/bible/blueprint. Quit wisdom of the ages is here to be had by you. Stick around and taste real freedom...
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline Sh4string

• Quitter
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 10/21/2013
  • Interests: Family, Hunting, fishing, outdoors, triathlon
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2014, 09:55:00 AM »
Welcome!!! You will find everything you need here to quit! Learn to post roll and do it every damn day! That is your promise to yourself and your brothers and sisters here that you will not use nicotine in any form for 24 hours. One day at a time is all you need to focus on! Get to know the folks in your group, ask for #'s when you post roll. Read everything you can on this site and learn. I'm proof that anyone can Quit!!!!!!!! Pm me if you need anything
Quitting every damn day since October 21, 2013

E&C's Dad

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2014, 09:38:00 AM »
Welcome to the nut house and the Suck. It will get better. Learn everything you can about your addiction to nicotine and what it does to you brain because after the first three days it is just you and your brain.

Quit with you today!