Author Topic: Jon in Florida - It's time.  (Read 4236 times)

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Jon in Florida - It's time.
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2015, 11:22:00 AM »
Quote from: KennyZ
Congratulations on 200!!! You are one bad ass quitter and I am thankful you are in my group!
Agree ^^^^^^^^^^ Congrats Brother!
I believe.....

Offline KennyZ

• February 2015
  • Master of Quit
  • February 2015
  • Quit Date: 11/11/2014
  • Likes Given: 346
« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2015, 06:31:00 AM »
Congratulations on 200!!! You are one bad ass quitter and I am thankful you are in my group!

Offline Jerk11

• Quitter
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2015, 04:26:00 PM »
Jon,

Just wanted to drop in and tell ya that your story inspired my quit that is now 42 days strong. I have had a ho-hum morning at work and was seeking inspiration on this site, and found it in your story. I dipped Skoal Mint Xtra as well (thought I was the only one) and I am also a state champion athlete. I am proud to be quit with you today! Keep the steel-toed boot to the throat of the NB, per se... I know I will.

Offline Doc Chewfree

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2014-02-06
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2015, 09:59:00 PM »
Quote from: Smeds
'party' 'party2' 'dance' CONGRATS ON 100 DAYS QUIT JON! 'dance' 'party2' 'party'

Of course, you know you are not cured. Take the time to spin around, and look back at just how far you've come. Tomorrow turn your ass around and keep marching forward! Post-HOF is a known time of complacency ... how do you plan on counteracting that? Stay engaged, stay active ... stay quit bro. It's a simple formula; wake up, piss, post.
^^^true sage advice from a quit stud. Nice job on the HOF. Just keep repeating the +1's.
Brave men are honored, rich men are envied, powerful men are feared, but only a man with character is trusted
Quit on Feb. 6, 2014

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2015, 09:33:00 AM »
Awesome my brother! Raised 3 kids youngest one 26 never seen olé pop without a dip till 37 days ago. Frigging crying ass shame! Quit on brother! Proud to be quit with you!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline Smeds

• Master of Quit
  • The bluebird can sing, but the crow's got the soul
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2015, 08:13:00 AM »
'party' 'party2' 'dance' CONGRATS ON 100 DAYS QUIT JON! 'dance' 'party2' 'party'

Of course, you know you are not cured. Take the time to spin around, and look back at just how far you've come. Tomorrow turn your ass around and keep marching forward! Post-HOF is a known time of complacency ... how do you plan on counteracting that? Stay engaged, stay active ... stay quit bro. It's a simple formula; wake up, piss, post.
My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Offline ForMyLife

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-10-26
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2014, 10:45:00 PM »
Quote from: Smeds
Glad to be here in your corner Jon! Nice intro, nice attitude ... nice quit!!
Smeds - thanks for hitting me up on the phone today, sir. It is so cool to see vets like you swing back around and help the dumb (but bad) ass quitters in here. Look forward to getting to know you better and becoming your friend. I really appreciate the PMs and the info you are giving me on the site and how it works around here. You are quite the example for me - and I am taking notes. This is my first quit ever and will be my only quit. I will protect it AT ALL COSTS...
My Introduction
My HOF Speech
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right" - Henry Ford
"To whom are you speaking?" - JonnyG on what to do when the Nic Bitch is tapping on your shoulder... I will never forget this.
"Don't waste the gas. Take those tins and flush their contents down the shitter, each and every one of them." - Raider

"If we handed out gold stars and pats on the ass to every swinging dick that misses roll and caves, this place wouldn't be worth all that much, would it?" - Tuco

Offline ForMyLife

• Quitter
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2014, 10:42:00 PM »
Quote from: gooch44
I love reading your posts....you always make me laugh. Love your honesty and attitude. Stay strong brother, we got this!
my brother from a different mother. protect your quit Gooch - nothing but love for you man. I'll always associate my Day 1 with you homie... I quit with you today, all day.
My Introduction
My HOF Speech
"To whom are you speaking?" - JonnyG on what to do when the Nic Bitch is tapping on your shoulder... I will never forget this.
"Don't waste the gas. Take those tins and flush their contents down the shitter, each and every one of them." - Raider

"If we handed out gold stars and pats on the ass to every swinging dick that misses roll and caves, this place wouldn't be worth all that much, would it?" - Tuco

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2014, 03:28:00 PM »
Quote from: ForMyLife
also haven't taken a shit since sunday. when do I get to shit? This fucking whore - I hate her. I will never go through this again. EVER!!!!
Not sure when, but get a pic and post it, the Ohio dudes (and some PA dudes) are into that.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline syndrome

• geezer squad
  • Master of Quit
  • you kids get off my yard
  • Quit Date: 11/13/08
  • Likes Given: 703
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2014, 03:15:00 PM »
also haven't taken a shit since sunday. when do I get to shit? This fucking whore - I hate her. I will never go through this again. EVER!!!!
time to get some fiber man. but don't get to much cuz man you will fart all day. just like eatin beens.

Offline Smeds

• Master of Quit
  • The bluebird can sing, but the crow's got the soul
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2014, 02:23:00 PM »
Glad to be here in your corner Jon! Nice intro, nice attitude ... nice quit!!
My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Offline gooch44

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-10-19
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2014, 02:57:00 AM »
I love reading your posts....you always make me laugh. Love your honesty and attitude. Stay strong brother, we got this!
Caving = Failure. Failure is NOT an option.

Offline ForMyLife

• Quitter
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2014, 10:30:00 PM »
My Introduction
My HOF Speech

Offline ForMyLife

• Quitter
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2014, 10:23:00 PM »
Quote from: Tuco's
Quote from: Dumpo
Quote from: FkSkoal
Now THAT was a fucking intro. Welcome.

You're gonna be having some extreme headaches soon. Excedrin for Migraine helped me big time.
thanks man. i will keep that on hand. Looks like you are getting close to your 100 days! Have your cravings subsided totally by now? Is this really going to be a life long commitment for us all? Is it not possible to quit and forget about it all - or is it an addiction that will never leave us? It blows my mind to see some people on here that quit like 1500 days ago and they are still posting roll and active in the forum. God bless them!!!! It's insane!
Nice intro dude. Love it. I will quit with you any day.

You know what's crazy about the forever thing? The guys I've seen on here who were quit for years and had one slip up, and went right back to their old habit. Read around on the site enough, and you'll find them. I can't remember the name, but I saw one a couple days ago that blew a 6 year quit. Nuts. No, the Nic Bitch will never leave us alone.
I can personally attest to this. I blew a near 5 year quit literally just like that one drunken night in Mexico. Prior to that, I thought my quit nuts were made of fucking steel. Turns out, it was more like paper mache. It's not like I'd been romanticizing the nic bitch or even thinking about caving at the time. It was offered, I accepted, end of story. That was over 9 years ago.
Dumpo and Tuco - wow man that's some crazy shit right there. I can't imagine what that would be like. it must feel horrible to have worked that hard only to cave.

I talked to my big brother today about the site and what I am doing. He is very proud of me - 43 years old and never got jiggy with the nic bitch. He said he didn't realize the dip had me gripped so bad. I told him I hide it's grip well. He said i'm a pussy. I laughed and we move on. love my big bro - glad he knows i'm a true addict now. it feels good to tell my friends and family the truth now - that I'm an addict. i'm addicted to dip... addicted like a bitch. addicted like a fucking bitch. but you know what? Because of this place, this home on the internet, i'm done worrying yall... every day now is dedicated to protecting my quit for my life. for my daughters life. my quit is bowed up tonight - ready to fight. have to be.

day 3 is tough man... muscles are cramping, headache, on edge, like a constant fire of uneasiness in my gut - I cannot hardly describe the pure fucking SUCK i am enduring tonight. I turn it into anger and it works. that fucking bitch. that fucking BITCH!!!! I UFCKING HATE THAT FUCKING BITCH!!!!!! you take her away for 3 fucking days and she does this to me!!! but if i keep her around my jaw falls off and i die in my 40s!!! I choose life you FUCKING WHORE!! You fucking DEMON!!!! FUCK!!! YOU!!!

FUCK YOU NIC!! TOMORROW CANT COME FAST ENOUGH. I POST ROLL DAY 4 AND I GIVE NICE THE MIDDLE FINGER AGAIN. THAT BITCH!!!
My Introduction
My HOF Speech

Offline Tuco

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 7/27/2014
  • Likes Given: 48
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2014, 09:10:00 PM »
Quote from: Dumpo
Quote from: FkSkoal
Now THAT was a fucking intro. Welcome.

You're gonna be having some extreme headaches soon. Excedrin for Migraine helped me big time.
thanks man. i will keep that on hand. Looks like you are getting close to your 100 days! Have your cravings subsided totally by now? Is this really going to be a life long commitment for us all? Is it not possible to quit and forget about it all - or is it an addiction that will never leave us? It blows my mind to see some people on here that quit like 1500 days ago and they are still posting roll and active in the forum. God bless them!!!! It's insane!
Nice intro dude. Love it. I will quit with you any day.

You know what's crazy about the forever thing? The guys I've seen on here who were quit for years and had one slip up, and went right back to their old habit. Read around on the site enough, and you'll find them. I can't remember the name, but I saw one a couple days ago that blew a 6 year quit. Nuts. No, the Nic Bitch will never leave us alone.
I can personally attest to this. I blew a near 5 year quit literally just like that one drunken night in Mexico. Prior to that, I thought my quit nuts were made of fucking steel. Turns out, it was more like paper mache. It's not like I'd been romanticizing the nic bitch or even thinking about caving at the time. It was offered, I accepted, end of story. That was over 9 years ago.