Author Topic: Jon in Florida - It's time.  (Read 4237 times)

Offline gooch44

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-10-19
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Jon in Florida - It's time.
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2014, 12:48:00 AM »
Did I figure out how to post roll yet? That's a big deal around here and how u will earn respect. It's making that promise to yourself and to others that u will be nic free.
Caving = Failure. Failure is NOT an option.

Offline ForMyLife

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-10-26
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2014, 12:21:00 AM »
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
Quote from: ForMyLife
Raider, thank you for your quick replay. It's done, 5 cans gone - just like that. I took pictures to commemorate the event.
Congrats! Way to come clean with us and yourself. You will do fine. You want this. I quit with you today.

thank you grizzlyhasclaws. already feeling welcomed and am eager to engage the forum. this forum is a genius idea. wish I would have come across it earlier - product of me hiding for so long and not asking for help. looks like you've been clean for a year - do you ever get cravings that far out?
My Introduction
My HOF Speech
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right" - Henry Ford
"To whom are you speaking?" - JonnyG on what to do when the Nic Bitch is tapping on your shoulder... I will never forget this.
"Don't waste the gas. Take those tins and flush their contents down the shitter, each and every one of them." - Raider

"If we handed out gold stars and pats on the ass to every swinging dick that misses roll and caves, this place wouldn't be worth all that much, would it?" - Tuco

Offline ForMyLife

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2014, 12:18:00 AM »
Quote from: gooch44
I'm only 8 days ahead of you and I chewed for 23 years. Use this site A LOT! I've been reading every article and post I can and it helps tremendously. Don't be afraid to reach out for help. If u want my phone #, pm me. We can do this!
gooch44 - thank you! Same goes for me if you need me. We will do this!
My Introduction
My HOF Speech
"To whom are you speaking?" - JonnyG on what to do when the Nic Bitch is tapping on your shoulder... I will never forget this.
"Don't waste the gas. Take those tins and flush their contents down the shitter, each and every one of them." - Raider

"If we handed out gold stars and pats on the ass to every swinging dick that misses roll and caves, this place wouldn't be worth all that much, would it?" - Tuco

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2014, 12:10:00 AM »
Raider, thank you for your quick replay. It's done, 5 cans gone - just like that. I took pictures to commemorate the event.
Congrats! Way to come clean with us and yourself. You will do fine. You want this. I quit with you today.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline ForMyLife

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2014, 12:05:00 AM »
My Introduction
My HOF Speech

Offline gooch44

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-10-19
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 12:05:00 AM »
I'm only 8 days ahead of you and I chewed for 23 years. Use this site A LOT! I've been reading every article and post I can and it helps tremendously. Don't be afraid to reach out for help. If u want my phone #, pm me. We can do this!
Caving = Failure. Failure is NOT an option.

Offline Raider

• Quit Pro
  • Imma Quitter
  • Quit Date: Feb 28, 2014
  • Interests: Fishing, Camping, Kayaking, but mainly spending time with the family and friends.
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2014, 11:44:00 PM »
My apologies for the long post here - but I want to get this all out so I can look back on this day when I am victorious.

Tonight is a special night for me. I woke up this morning with no intention to quit my nicotine addiction, after praying the same prayer I have prayed for 6 years - for God to give me the courage, the wisdom, and the fear to quit dipping. My daughter will turn 6 years old in December, and my life has been dedicated to being the father to her I never had. Her entire life, each and every moment we have shared, I have had a pinch of Cope Reg or Skoal Extra Mint in my lip paired with a Zephyrhills water bottle filled with brown, slimy, dip spit in it. "What is that Daddy?" - "It's Daddy's gum honey, don't worry about it".

Each and every day I have played Barbie or Paw Patrol or Dora or you name it with her in her bedroom, I have a dip in with a nasty spit bottle.
Each and every night I rocked her to sleep, I have a dip in with a nasty spit bottle.
Each time we get in the car and drive anywhere, I have a dip in with a nasty spit bottle.
Every single high school football game we go to, I have a dip in with a nasty spit bottle.
Every single FSU football game and tailgate we go to (season ticket holder), I have a dip in with a nasty spit bottle.
While she eats dessert after dinner - dip, Bath time - dip, story time - dip, tucking her in - dip.
Get the idea?

I am so sick and tired of being owned by this slave master. I am so sick and tired of having to make sure I have spit bottles in my car - I don't even drink the water in them because I am weary of BPAs in the plastic (What a riot, huh?). I buy them purely to dip in. I am a grade A, 100%, fraud when it comes to me and my ability to recognize that I have a problem - until tonight. I have an addiction. It is ruling my life. And I am pissed off, mad as hell, and sick and tired of being a pussy. I need an intervention because I know I cannot do this by myself.

I played football and ran track for 13 years, have won a state championship in high school football (Fort Walton Beach HS Class 5A 1995), started all 4 years in college at WR, PR, and KR, having ended up 2nd in the receiving records at my college in receptions, and have PRs in the 40 yards dash at 4.55s, the 400M at 46.50 - point being is I was a serious athlete up until 2001, when I graduated college and became an electrical engineer. I started smoking in 2001 (have no f-ing clue why - cant remember) and quit with the help of Chantix in 2004. Later that year I began dipping Skoal LC Mint and have been dipping ever since. This month marks 10 fvcking years of poisoning my body with this demon. I have "graduated" to a can a day habit of Skoal Extra LC Mint, and throw in a couple cans of Cope Reg (to mix it up). I go through well over 9 cans of dip each and every week of my life. 468 cans a year... I'm a big piece of crap and I'm owning it. It's time for me to stop acting like a bitch, grab by nuts, and get this done - for myself and for my daughter.

So tonight is very special for me. As I sit here and type this out I have tears running down my face - not because I'm happy and determined and rah rah rah - but because I am scared sh!tless. I'm not scared about being able to quit. Tonight is the last night I will ever dip. I'm scared about the next few days, the next few weeks, the next few years of the pain and anguish of NEEDING THE POISON AND NOT KNOWING HOW TO DEAL WITH IT. I have 4 cans of Skoal and 1 can of Cope sitting on my kitchen counter this red hot minute. When I hit "post topic", I want everyone here to know that immediately after doing that, I am going to get in my car and drive those 5 cans of poison to a dumpster somewhere and toss them. This is it. I am done. I look forward on leaning on anyone I can to get this done. I have hidden my addiction so well for so long, only a few people ever knew I dipped (easy when you're single I suppose). Those who know think I quit long ago. Oh yeah, I guess that makes me a lying scumbag, as well. That's over too. I'm taking the cape off - fully naked and exposed. I deserve the pain I am about to endure, and I will greet it with a sick twisted pleasure. The same sick twisted pleasure I used to greet getting knocked out by 250lb linebackers in college. It has to be this way. I don't want any sympathy from any of you. I don't want any coddling. I want you to kick me in my nuts and tell me to like it. It has to be this way. It has to be this way because of the bipolar nature of my mind when it comes to dipping (wanting to quit but not wanting to quit - over and over the thoughts change), but tonight is different. It is over.

Here and now my intentions are obviously selfish - and I have to focus on myself, but my hope is that when I am an established quitter - there will be work for me to do promote this cause and help others. 100 days from now I am planning getting some ink to commemorate the feat - that's truth.

This is for my life DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!! I'm sobbing like a bitch!!!!

Where the fvck do I roll call? I tried to click on the roll call link, and I was denied permission. Help me urgently!!!

Very Respectfully,
Jon
Shalimar, FL
Looks like you are ready.

Start here. It's the Welcome Center: forum/55560/

Then go here, It's your Hall of Fame group Feb 2015: topic/10685990/2/#new

Welcome to a new you. It's going to suck but it does get better. Live chat is awesome

You will rage, do it here.

the rules of this place are simple:
1). Post Roll Daily (early in the am) This is your promise to remain quit
2). Be a man of your word
3). Be active on here. Help new quitters and get to know those in your group

Brotherhood + Accountability = Success

Don't waste the gas. Take those tins and flush their contents down the shitter, each and every one of them.

Offline ForMyLife

• Quitter
Jon in Florida - It's time.
« on: October 26, 2014, 11:30:00 PM »
My apologies for the long post here - but I want to get this all out so I can look back on this day when I am victorious.

Tonight is a special night for me. I woke up this morning with no intention to quit my nicotine addiction, after praying the same prayer I have prayed for 6 years - for God to give me the courage, the wisdom, and the fear to quit dipping. My daughter will turn 6 years old in December, and my life has been dedicated to being the father to her I never had. Her entire life, each and every moment we have shared, I have had a pinch of Cope Reg or Skoal Extra Mint in my lip paired with a Zephyrhills water bottle filled with brown, slimy, dip spit in it. "What is that Daddy?" - "It's Daddy's gum honey, don't worry about it".

Each and every day I have played Barbie or Paw Patrol or Dora or you name it with her in her bedroom, I have a dip in with a nasty spit bottle.
Each and every night I rocked her to sleep, I have a dip in with a nasty spit bottle.
Each time we get in the car and drive anywhere, I have a dip in with a nasty spit bottle.
Every single high school football game we go to, I have a dip in with a nasty spit bottle.
Every single FSU football game and tailgate we go to (season ticket holder), I have a dip in with a nasty spit bottle.
While she eats dessert after dinner - dip, Bath time - dip, story time - dip, tucking her in - dip.
Get the idea?

I am so sick and tired of being owned by this slave master. I am so sick and tired of having to make sure I have spit bottles in my car - I don't even drink the water in them because I am weary of BPAs in the plastic (What a riot, huh?). I buy them purely to dip in. I am a grade A, 100%, fraud when it comes to me and my ability to recognize that I have a problem - until tonight. I have an addiction. It is ruling my life. And I am pissed off, mad as hell, and sick and tired of being a pussy. I need an intervention because I know I cannot do this by myself.

I played football and ran track for 13 years, have won a state championship in high school football (Fort Walton Beach HS Class 5A 1995), started all 4 years in college at WR, PR, and KR, having ended up 2nd in the receiving records at my college in receptions, and have PRs in the 40 yards dash at 4.55s, the 400M at 46.50 - point being is I was a serious athlete up until 2001, when I graduated college and became an electrical engineer. I started smoking in 2001 (have no f-ing clue why - cant remember) and quit with the help of Chantix in 2004. Later that year I began dipping Skoal LC Mint and have been dipping ever since. This month marks 10 fvcking years of poisoning my body with this demon. I have "graduated" to a can a day habit of Skoal Extra LC Mint, and throw in a couple cans of Cope Reg (to mix it up). I go through well over 9 cans of dip each and every week of my life. 468 cans a year... I'm a big piece of crap and I'm owning it. It's time for me to stop acting like a bitch, grab by nuts, and get this done - for myself and for my daughter.

So tonight is very special for me. As I sit here and type this out I have tears running down my face - not because I'm happy and determined and rah rah rah - but because I am scared sh!tless. I'm not scared about being able to quit. Tonight is the last night I will ever dip. I'm scared about the next few days, the next few weeks, the next few years of the pain and anguish of NEEDING THE POISON AND NOT KNOWING HOW TO DEAL WITH IT. I have 4 cans of Skoal and 1 can of Cope sitting on my kitchen counter this red hot minute. When I hit "post topic", I want everyone here to know that immediately after doing that, I am going to get in my car and drive those 5 cans of poison to a dumpster somewhere and toss them. This is it. I am done. I look forward on leaning on anyone I can to get this done. I have hidden my addiction so well for so long, only a few people ever knew I dipped (easy when you're single I suppose). Those who know think I quit long ago. Oh yeah, I guess that makes me a lying scumbag, as well. That's over too. I'm taking the cape off - fully naked and exposed. I deserve the pain I am about to endure, and I will greet it with a sick twisted pleasure. The same sick twisted pleasure I used to greet getting knocked out by 250lb linebackers in college. It has to be this way. I don't want any sympathy from any of you. I don't want any coddling. I want you to kick me in my nuts and tell me to like it. It has to be this way. It has to be this way because of the bipolar nature of my mind when it comes to dipping (wanting to quit but not wanting to quit - over and over the thoughts change), but tonight is different. It is over.

Here and now my intentions are obviously selfish - and I have to focus on myself, but my hope is that when I am an established quitter - there will be work for me to do promote this cause and help others. 100 days from now I am planning getting some ink to commemorate the feat - that's truth.

This is for my life DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!! I'm sobbing like a bitch!!!!

Where the fvck do I roll call? I tried to click on the roll call link, and I was denied permission. Help me urgently!!!

Very Respectfully,
Jon
Shalimar, FL
My Introduction
My HOF Speech