Author Topic: New Quitter  (Read 1772 times)

Offline dennisg

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: New Quitter
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2013, 03:03:00 AM »
what Am I gonna do...I'm gonna quit and I will come out ahead..this beast has taken so much of my life and I don't like the beast anymore... I know it will take time.. it always does..but 1 minute at a time.. that's the way I'm looking ahead...and I know I will kick this beast into the dirt..for I'am a ADDICT and I will fight to be free..and share my story with others.and help anyway I can..And I know I can't do it alone and will not do it alone..for I need the team and I thank this team for all the help so far and the help into the future.. and for this site...where I can vent..express my feeling and anger,,and do it with understanding from others and know they still have my back and will be there when I need it most...I thank you all for this...Tonight has been a weird night...I haven't really cared about the Nic Bitch ...keeping my mind busy...but I know she will come into the mind game sometime and when she does, I will kick her to the curb once again....and again and again....

Offline CleanFuel

• Quitter
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2013, 11:03:00 PM »
Quote from: dennisg
Well I have finally threw the garbage out.. i have chewed off and on for years.. and last year I quit smoking and saw all the guys at work chewing and got back into the habit..now I have finally said enough is enough ,no more chewing and i will never go back...I'm very nervous as i have never been without nicotine so to say.. back and forth..so any help I can get and tips would be greatly appreciated.....
thank you dennis
I can do it!!!
dennis.....The next 100 days will be the biggest battle of your life and it all comes down to this. Inch by inch, day by day...until you're finished. With 100 days left, you are in hell right now. Believe me. And you can stay here and get the crap kicked out of you or you can fight your way back into the light. You can climb out of hell. One day at a time. One inch at a time.

Now KTC can't do it for you.

I look around and I see these seasoned quitters and I think...I think that quitting is just a game of inches.

Because when you quit, the margin for error is so small. I mean...not enough fake stuff and you don't make it. A few missed posts and you don't quite get there. The inches we need are everywhere around us. They are in every break of your quit, every day, every minute, every second.

At KTC, we fight for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's going to make the difference between WINNING and LOSING, between QUITTING and CAVING.

I'll tell you this...in any quit, it is the person who is willing to do whatever it takes who is going to win that inch. And I know if you are going to make it, it is because, you are still willing to fight for that inch because that is what QUITTING is.

Now KTC can't make you do it.

You gotta connect with the seasoned quitters here at KTC. Connect with them and exchange numbers.

Now I think you are going to connect with a quitter who will go that inch with you. You are going to connect with a quitter who will fight, post roll and quit with you every single day because they know when it comes down to it, you are gonna do the same thing for them.

That's a team, dennis, and either you STAY QUIT, as a team...or you CAVE, as an individual.

That's quitting, dennis.

That's all it is.

Now, what are you going to do?
Quit 04.02.2012 --- HOF 07.11.2012 --- 5 Years 04.02.2017

Now I am the Voice. I will LEAD, not follow. I will BELIEVE, not doubt. I will CREATE, not destroy. I am a Force for God. I am a Leader.

Defy the odds. Set a new standard. STEP UP!

My HOF Speech

My Intro

Offline CleanFuel

• Quitter
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2013, 10:33:00 PM »
Well into the night shift and its tuff...been really busy trying to stay focused...I keep saying to myself I can do this and Im a Addict... get the sweats, shakes abit...man I hate this feeling... but I will do this for me...

Question for you all.. does the dry throat get better ,salvia gets better etc...teeth feel better all that good stuff... I'm nervous that things wont get normal or feel better ..but like I keep saying to myself it will..just need that reassurance it will ,my mind will clear.the stupid feelings that come with it change,and the energy levels go up etc... now im just talking to myself..lmao
anything to keep my mind off it... also there is this thing called roll posting? how do i do this and my group is march i think where do i find this im not good with computers...well i manage... and also some support if you guys could my email is dennisogandner@yahoo.ca my facebook is dennis gandner....and anyone in canada that will text or exchange numbers... i live in british columbia...
thank you all so far...
also one other thing is if i use herbal chew isn't that defeating the purpose of not having anything in there....
thanks dennis
yes, its all gets better...but feels worse before better...the key is to post roll and stay quit
Quit 04.02.2012 --- HOF 07.11.2012 --- 5 Years 04.02.2017

Now I am the Voice. I will LEAD, not follow. I will BELIEVE, not doubt. I will CREATE, not destroy. I am a Force for God. I am a Leader.

Defy the odds. Set a new standard. STEP UP!

My HOF Speech

My Intro

Offline dennisg

• Quitter
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2013, 08:53:00 PM »
Dennis...I just quit also. I'm on day 17 I think. Days 1-4 were horrible. Everyone says to stay busy...but I couldn't focus on anything. I just sucked it up and dealt with it. I knew the rewards of quitting were well worth it. I'm still trying to adjust to doing things without chewing. But the cravings go away fast...for me the 'want' is still there, but I choose not to. Just quit for you and your health...stay focused on that and you can do it. Was the hardest thing I ever did, but now feels like one of the greatest accomplishments.

thanks trust me Its been tuff..but I will make it..the sweats are kicking in..and now off to night shifts...

Offline Percymiller

• Quitter
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2013, 11:37:00 AM »
Dennis...I just quit also. I'm on day 17 I think. Days 1-4 were horrible. Everyone says to stay busy...but I couldn't focus on anything. I just sucked it up and dealt with it. I knew the rewards of quitting were well worth it. I'm still trying to adjust to doing things without chewing. But the cravings go away fast...for me the 'want' is still there, but I choose not to. Just quit for you and your health...stay focused on that and you can do it. Was the hardest thing I ever did, but now feels like one of the greatest accomplishments.

Offline GR8WHITEBUFFALO

• Quitter
  • Interests: Running, hunting, fishing, golfing, wasting away in margaritaville.
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2013, 07:52:00 AM »
Go up to the welcome center link (pink colored) and read up on "how to post roll" its basically a cut and paste from the bottom box to the top box then type your name and day at the end and hit send.
Enough is enough. Time to take control back from the nic bitch. My HOF speechGR8WHITEBUFFALO

Offline dennisg

• Quitter
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2013, 07:17:00 AM »
oops that roll didnt work how do i copy..i need to learn this site...so bear with me...lol

Offline dennisg

• Quitter
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2013, 07:16:00 AM »
hey dennisg,

It is wonderful to see another slave taking his life back from the nic bitch. You're doing the best thing you can ever do for your mind, body and spirit. Not to mention those whom you love and those who love you.

sorry to hear that you quit before, but you didn't.

READ

The first 72 hours are the worst, Embrace it so you'll remember it and "NOT" have to relive it!

READ

What the other Quitters below said x 1000

READ

I hope the next 3-5 days hurt like hell for you. I see you really want to be QUIT and you can. Just remember this pain and never forget DAY 1.

Use whatever you have to so not to put the POISON in your mouth. Use cold water, gum (NO NIC GUM), exercise, oh my, now I can brush my teeth, candies, sunflower seeds, peanuts, cashews, tree bark, dog shit, anything that does not have nicotine in it.

You see, you can do anything for 1 day, right? Sure you can and that is exactly how you're gonna "be" quit. ONE DAY at a TIME, each a.m. you post roll early, the earlier the better for your quit. Keep your word, your word is good? right? Wake and REPEAT.
We don't worry about tomorrow or next week because they are not real yet. We don't do the past. We Quit and focus on TODAY. Sometimes hour by hour or minute by minute. IT DOES GET BETTER, I promise YOU. I am DAY 252. I am an addict of 30 years, 24/7 dipping that poison. If I can do it, I KNOW that YOU can TOO!

thank you ..i know i can...and want to just nervous of the days ahead... but i will over come and im not going to be addict of that crap..Poison anymore...F*k you Copenhagen....you suck,,,,cheers dennis

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2013, 06:57:00 AM »
Well into the night shift and its tuff...been really busy trying to stay focused...I keep saying to myself I can do this and Im a Addict... get the sweats, shakes abit...man I hate this feeling... but I will do this for me...

Question for you all.. does the dry throat get better ,salvia gets better etc...teeth feel better all that good stuff... I'm nervous that things wont get normal or feel better ..but like I keep saying to myself it will..just need that reassurance it will ,my mind will clear.the stupid feelings that come with it change,and the energy levels go up etc... now im just talking to myself..lmao
anything to keep my mind off it... also there is this thing called roll posting? how do i do this and my group is march i think where do i find this im not good with computers...well i manage... and also some support if you guys could my email is dennisogandner@yahoo.ca my facebook is dennis gandner....and anyone in canada that will text or exchange numbers... i live in british columbia...
thank you all so far...
also one other thing is if i use herbal chew isn't that defeating the purpose of not having anything in there....
thanks dennis
hey dennisg,

It is wonderful to see another slave taking his life back from the nic bitch. You're doing the best thing you can ever do for your mind, body and spirit. Not to mention those whom you love and those who love you.

sorry to hear that you quit before, but you didn't.

READ

The first 72 hours are the worst, Embrace it so you'll remember it and "NOT" have to relive it!

READ

What the other Quitters below said x 1000

READ

I hope the next 3-5 days hurt like hell for you. I see you really want to be QUIT and you can. Just remember this pain and never forget DAY 1.

Use whatever you have to so not to put the POISON in your mouth. Use cold water, gum (NO NIC GUM), exercise, oh my, now I can brush my teeth, candies, sunflower seeds, peanuts, cashews, tree bark, dog shit, anything that does not have nicotine in it.

You see, you can do anything for 1 day, right? Sure you can and that is exactly how you're gonna "be" quit. ONE DAY at a TIME, each a.m. you post roll early, the earlier the better for your quit. Keep your word, your word is good? right? Wake and REPEAT.
We don't worry about tomorrow or next week because they are not real yet. We don't do the past. We Quit and focus on TODAY. Sometimes hour by hour or minute by minute. IT DOES GET BETTER, I promise YOU. I am DAY 252. I am an addict of 30 years, 24/7 dipping that poison. If I can do it, I KNOW that YOU can TOO! 'zombie'
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline dennisg

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2013, 06:32:00 AM »

thank you all so far...
thanks dennis

Offline DTrainMurphyTX

• Quitter
  • Fucks Given: 0
  • Quit Date: 11-10-2012
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2013, 12:56:00 AM »
Well I have finally threw the garbage out.. i have chewed off and on for years.. and last year I quit smoking and saw all the guys at work chewing and got back into the habit..now I have finally said enough is enough ,no more chewing and i will never go back...I'm very nervous as i have never been without nicotine so to say.. back and forth..so any help I can get and tips would be greatly appreciated.....
thank you dennis
I can do it!!!

Welcome!

1. Post roll every day (early) and honor your pledge to not use nicotine.
2. Shut the door and lock it. Never let that nic bitch back into your life.
3. Embrace the suck.
4. Read everything you can on this forum.
5. Get to know your quit brothers...chat, PM, exchange numbers.

Yes, you can do this. Glad to be quit with you...1 day at a time

Offline dennisg

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2013, 10:19:00 PM »
Thanks all!! I know its not gonna be easy i did it for 6 days a few months back,,when i had 2 teeth pulled I used smokeless tobaco the herbal stuff when i had a craving but the craving was to much and went back...the shakes are what got me...but this time im sick of the taste,the smell the sore dry throat crap...all of it... and i know the conquences will not be good if i don't give up and let my body be free of this addiction... so thank you so far it has been a good day...kept busy..now its time for night shifts and that's my weakness...but the way I think through it is 1 minute at a time and talk or do something to get past the craving...and your right the keeping somehting in your lip or mouth is a key..you seem to miss it..lol

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 09:21:00 PM »
Quote from: copingwithoutcopen
Welcome Dennis, you've come to the right place. We've all sat nervously where you are right now...That Amaranth colored tab toward the top left is the Welcome center. There you'll see how to post roll in May '13 which is your promise to us that you're done with the shit for the day. Post roll first thing every day and keep your promise.
Drinking lots and lots of water, sunflower seeds and sugarless gum helped me with the craves. Other guys swear by hard candy, jerky and fake chew to give your mouth something else to do. Do whatever you have to to stay quit. The Live Chat over on the right hand side is usually a place where (I bite my tongue) you can get some help or just shoot the shite.
You got this Dennis.
Amaranth? I like salmon. Lol.
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline copingwithoutcopen

• Quitting MoFo
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 09:19:00 PM »
Welcome Dennis, you've come to the right place. We've all sat nervously where you are right now...That Amaranth colored tab toward the top left is the Welcome center. There you'll see how to post roll in May '13 which is your promise to us that you're done with the shit for the day. Post roll first thing every day and keep your promise.
Drinking lots and lots of water, sunflower seeds and sugarless gum helped me with the craves. Other guys swear by hard candy, jerky and fake chew to give your mouth something else to do. Do whatever you have to to stay quit. The Live Chat over on the right hand side is usually a place where (I bite my tongue) you can get some help or just shoot the shite.
You got this Dennis.

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 09:05:00 PM »
Dennis, great choice! Quitting sucks but were all in the boat together. Helping each other leads to the brotherhood that makes this possible. One little hint up front, using nicotine isn't a habit it's a very serious addiction. Another make sure the garbage is dumped so you can't go digging after it, many of us have been there! Prepare for the battle by getting acquainted with some of your fellow May 2013 group, get numbers and work at holding each other accountable to staying quit! Pm me if I can help.
WT -306-
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda