Author Topic: It's time... Day 1  (Read 1485 times)

Offline Rob1985

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2013-02-23
  • Interests: HOCKEY, Baseball, Mountain Biking, Camping, Movies, Xbox, Computers, Shooting Sports.Did I mention HOCKEY?
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: It's time... Day 1
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2013, 10:54:00 AM »
Quote from: KKLJINC
Quote from: DodgemanBrownsFan
It's a great day to be quit!!!  Woke up today and felt pretty good, the cravings and head fog are there  but not as bad, went to the basement and touched the weight bench for the first time in 5 years... thanks to all who posted that as a good way to rage without pissing anyone off!!!

Got a pinch of that Jake's mint chew, mint flavor not so good but it does the trick!!!
Dodge, hit the weights! I was working out long before my quit, but I can tell you it has helped me so much. If you cant take a breath you cant crave!
Funny part about my first week.. I slept like 15 hours a day and ate a TON of fruit and greek yogurt! The only thing I planned for my quit was making day 1 also day one of a week vacation. No work was one less distraction. So that helped.

My quit actually got me back in the ice shooting the biscuit for the first time in 6 years. Felt good, except I lost muscle mass.
Quit: 2/23/13
HOF: 6/3/13
2nd Floor: 9/10/13
One Year 2/23/14
Two Years 2/23/15
1000 Days 11/19/15
"You can have results or excuses. Not both"
"One often learns more from ten days of agony than from ten years of contentment"
"A memory is what is left when something happens and does not completely unhappen" ~Edward de Bono

Offline DodgemanBrownsFan

• Interests: Quitting!
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2013, 10:43:00 AM »
Quote from: KKLJINC
It's a great day to be quit!!!  Woke up today and felt pretty good, the cravings and head fog are there  but not as bad, went to the basement and touched the weight bench for the first time in 5 years... thanks to all who posted that as a good way to rage without pissing anyone off!!!

Got a pinch of that Jake's mint chew, mint flavor not so good but it does the trick!!!
Dodge, hit the weights! I was working out long before my quit, but I can tell you it has helped me so much. If you cant take a breath you cant crave!
Excellent point, I am hurting today but its that good hurt where you know you actually accomplished something, well 2 things... not dipping and working out.

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2013, 10:41:00 AM »
I had faith in the new Browns' ownership for a little while... But there are troubling signs...

First, the hiring of Joe Banner (not sold on this fruitcake) he was run out of Philly for a reason maybe an Eagles fan can shed some light on that one...

Second, they basically had hired Lombardi way back in August, but waited to reveal it until they had a coach, the announcement was sandwiched between the hiring of Chudzinski and Norv Turner...

Now he's not available to the media here because he's a lightning rod for hate here in Believeland. Hmm... then why hire him? Questionable roster building knowledge and he worked with the Raiders... Nuff said.

They don't like Weeden, I think there MIGHT be potential with him, but not sure... So you go out and sign Jason Campbell? WTF?

But, because I am a Clevelander, I will keep the faith... We have no other choice.

Oh and GO TRIBE!!! Yep, I'm a sucker for losers.

Offline kkljinc

• Quitter
  • Interests: I love to workout, RUN, and Weights. Hunter and a Fisherman. Golf is my passion.Wife and kids keep me busy.
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2013, 10:40:00 AM »
It's a great day to be quit!!! Woke up today and felt pretty good, the cravings and head fog are there but not as bad, went to the basement and touched the weight bench for the first time in 5 years... thanks to all who posted that as a good way to rage without pissing anyone off!!!

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2013, 10:35:00 AM »
It's a great day to be quit!!! Woke up today and felt pretty good, the cravings and head fog are there but not as bad, went to the basement and touched the weight bench for the first time in 5 years... thanks to all who posted that as a good way to rage without pissing anyone off!!!

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2013, 05:19:00 PM »
Quote from: srans
Quote from: bleeckerdogs
Dodge - About the only thing I see as a problem for you today is your a browns fan!  Hell you might be the only one!  That like an addiction cant be cured.  If this shit was easy you would be doing something wrong.  I'm on day 77 and the craves and dreams are still a bitch, much easier but a bitch.  Every emotion and mind altering thing your going through right now is you winning.  Nic knows shes losing.  Your doing great.  I quit with you today, I will quit with you again tomorrow.  One day at a time, You have this!

PS Die hard Bills fan, so who the fuck am I to judge.

If you need someone to vent with send it my way, you can call me every name in the book and I will piss you off so bad you will stay quit just to spite my ass.  Don't be an asshole to friends and family, just cause your an adDICK doesn't mean they need to suffer.  Spend as many hours you would normally chew here and you will win this hands down.
Not only do I quit with you today my friend, I share your football pain... A toast to the day our respective teams decide to join us and quit being losers :).
Browns, Really??? I haven't seen a game with the browns playing in years LOL.... Keep quiting my friend, it get's much better. I Quit with you today.
I've seen games with the Browns in them, but not ones that they "played" in.

Fucking team has been pathetic, but this new ownership could do wonderful things for that team.

At least we ain't Steelers fans.
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline Wade

• Quitter
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2013, 04:18:00 PM »
Dodge - I quit with you brother! Keep up the great work. Two weeks ago I was sucking...I put my head down and pushed on. And that's what I'm still doing...it's better now though because my head isn't messing with me quite as much.

Keep it up, drink water. We are here with you.

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2013, 04:12:00 PM »
Dodge - About the only thing I see as a problem for you today is your a browns fan!  Hell you might be the only one!  That like an addiction cant be cured.  If this shit was easy you would be doing something wrong.  I'm on day 77 and the craves and dreams are still a bitch, much easier but a bitch.  Every emotion and mind altering thing your going through right now is you winning.  Nic knows shes losing.  Your doing great.  I quit with you today, I will quit with you again tomorrow.  One day at a time, You have this!

If you need someone to vent with send it my way, you can call me every name in the book and I will piss you off so bad you will stay quit just to spite my ass.  Don't be an asshole to friends and family, just cause your an adDICK doesn't mean they need to suffer.  Spend as many hours you would normally chew here and you will win this hands down.
Not only do I quit with you today my friend, I share your football pain... A toast to the day our respective teams decide to join us and quit being losers :).
Browns, Really??? I haven't seen a game with the browns playing in years LOL.... Keep quiting my friend, it get's much better. I Quit with you today.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2013, 03:15:00 PM »
Dodge - About the only thing I see as a problem for you today is your a browns fan! Hell you might be the only one! That like an addiction cant be cured. If this shit was easy you would be doing something wrong. I'm on day 77 and the craves and dreams are still a bitch, much easier but a bitch. Every emotion and mind altering thing your going through right now is you winning. Nic knows shes losing. Your doing great. I quit with you today, I will quit with you again tomorrow. One day at a time, You have this!

If you need someone to vent with send it my way, you can call me every name in the book and I will piss you off so bad you will stay quit just to spite my ass. Don't be an asshole to friends and family, just cause your an adDICK doesn't mean they need to suffer. Spend as many hours you would normally chew here and you will win this hands down.

Offline Mike_Land

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Triathlons and my girls, Wife Michelle and Daughter Olivia.
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2013, 03:14:00 PM »
Day 3 - The worst day of them all...

I have made it to the day I consider my greatest enemy, day 1 is a minor headache and irritability, day 2 is usually calm, but today... Today is my most dreaded day, the third one...

Mind and Body in full revolt...
Headaches, sweating, spouts of uncontrollable anger, loss of concentration, waving goodbye to my equilibrium.
Thoughts of dip non-stop, rationalization of why I could dip just today and continue my quit tomorrow.

Today would bring about more dread than ever, but here I am today, reading the posts of 100's of people who have gone through the exact same thing and staying quit. Screw you Nic.
Day 3. Fight through the bullshit. After today, I promise it will start getting better. Slam the water. exercise. Stay occupied. The busier you are the less you will think about it. Right now you are smack dab in the middle of the biggest freaking fog you will have. Soon the fog will lift and you will have much more clarity.

In the mean time, try not to take your rage out on anyone other than those of us here at KTC. You need your family for support. Try not to alienate them. Come and rage at us. We have been there done that, got the t shirt. We know exactly how you feel. So rage on man. Check your in box. I've sent you my numbers.

Mike

Offline bleeckerdogs

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2013, 03:11:00 PM »
Dodge - About the only thing I see as a problem for you today is your a browns fan! Hell you might be the only one! That like an addiction cant be cured. If this shit was easy you would be doing something wrong. I'm on day 77 and the craves and dreams are still a bitch, much easier but a bitch. Every emotion and mind altering thing your going through right now is you winning. Nic knows shes losing. Your doing great. I quit with you today, I will quit with you again tomorrow. One day at a time, You have this!

If you need someone to vent with send it my way, you can call me every name in the book and I will piss you off so bad you will stay quit just to spite my ass. Don't be an asshole to friends and family, just cause your an adDICK doesn't mean they need to suffer. Spend as many hours you would normally chew here and you will win this hands down.

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2013, 02:28:00 PM »
Day 3 - The worst day of them all...

I have made it to the day I consider my greatest enemy, day 1 is a minor headache and irritability, day 2 is usually calm, but today... Today is my most dreaded day, the third one...

Mind and Body in full revolt...
Headaches, sweating, spouts of uncontrollable anger, loss of concentration, waving goodbye to my equilibrium.
Thoughts of dip non-stop, rationalization of why I could dip just today and continue my quit tomorrow.

Today would bring about more dread than ever, but here I am today, reading the posts of 100's of people who have gone through the exact same thing and staying quit. Screw you Nic.

Offline Rob1985

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2013-02-23
  • Interests: HOCKEY, Baseball, Mountain Biking, Camping, Movies, Xbox, Computers, Shooting Sports.Did I mention HOCKEY?
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2013, 04:43:00 PM »
Keep this attitude... stay motivated, post roll, rinse and repeat. Be sure to visit the welcome center if you haven't already.

I quit with you today

Rob1985 36
Quit: 2/23/13
HOF: 6/3/13
2nd Floor: 9/10/13
One Year 2/23/14
Two Years 2/23/15
1000 Days 11/19/15
"You can have results or excuses. Not both"
"One often learns more from ten days of agony than from ten years of contentment"
"A memory is what is left when something happens and does not completely unhappen" ~Edward de Bono

Offline Smokeyg

• Quit King
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2013, 04:17:00 PM »
Quote from: Leahy16
You can do this. How do I know? Because this place is full of successful quitters.

I quit with you today

Leahy 665
I quit with you today. - Smokeyg 1,776

Offline Leahy16

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2013, 01:10:00 PM »
You can do this. How do I know? Because this place is full of successful quitters.

I quit with you today

Leahy 665
Quit Date Jun 5, 2011; HOF Sep 12, 2011; 1,000 days Feb 28, 2014