Author Topic: My Quit  (Read 1722 times)

Offline schaef418

• BANNED
  • Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: My Quit
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2014, 03:10:00 PM »
Quote from: jimthins
Quote from: mat1863
Just after lunch on day 2. Ugh. Someone kick me in the nuts....I've got seeds and a bad attitude but I'm doing this.

Read the Kern story. That'll motivate me to stay strong today.
Stay strong Mat. You can do this. Remember, one day at a time. Don't worry about how you'll feel tomorrow. Worry about right now. When tomorrow arrives, then you can worry about it. We're here for you brother. Stay strong. It may take a bad attitude or two to get past these first few days. They will probably be your worst. Read every possible thing on this forum. Read it twice. There is enough information on here to give you the fuel and desire needed to stay quit. Keep that nasty shit out of your mouth. Don't let that nic bitch tell you how to live your life. That is your decision. It's your turn to make a choice!
Read. Read. Read.

Read everything. All the stories, all the advice, you are not alone. Everyone is fighting...join in. It takes a lot to fend off the nic bitch, but you can do it. Get through today. I am quit with you today.

Offline jimthins

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2014-08-04
  • Interests: Fishing, Hunting, Shooting, and Golf.
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2014, 03:05:00 PM »
Just after lunch on day 2. Ugh. Someone kick me in the nuts....I've got seeds and a bad attitude but I'm doing this.

Stay strong Mat. You can do this. Remember, one day at a time. Don't worry about how you'll feel tomorrow. Worry about right now. When tomorrow arrives, then you can worry about it. We're here for you brother. Stay strong. It may take a bad attitude or two to get past these first few days. They will probably be your worst. Read every possible thing on this forum. Read it twice. There is enough information on here to give you the fuel and desire needed to stay quit. Keep that nasty shit out of your mouth. Don't let that nic bitch tell you how to live your life. That is your decision. It's your turn to make a choice!

Offline mat1863

• Quit Date: 2014-08-12
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2014, 02:15:00 PM »

Offline syndrome

• geezer squad
  • Master of Quit
  • you kids get off my yard
  • Quit Date: 11/13/08
  • Likes Given: 711
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2014, 01:53:00 PM »
Thanks everyone for the advise and support. Made it through a long day of work yesterday and two trips to the convenience store, always a test of my conviction. Bought some seeds on the way home, stayed quit. Day 2 plan, keep it that way. Definitely had the fog yesterday. Could not believe all the good information I could get on what to expect and how to combat it.
first off man stay out of the c-stores for a while. and pay at the pump when you get gas. and if you drink, it's best to lay off the booze for a while, too.

and these guys are right about forever. man that's too long. take it day by day. yesterday i woke up and set a new personal record for days quit. then this morning i woke up and beat that record by a day. i'll worry 'bout tomorrow when it gets here.

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2014, 08:46:00 AM »
Mat1863, stay strong today, you are nearing the halfway point of the nicotine being out of your body. If I can do you, you can too. I quit with you today.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline sweeper

• Quit Date: 2014-08-11
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2014, 08:18:00 AM »
Matt....that's awesome that you stayed strong. I'm only on day 3 so that whole fog thing I'm going through too. I've been poppin seeds like no ones business and it seems to have helped. Keep up the awesome work. I quit with you today

Offline mat1863

• Quit Date: 2014-08-12
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2014, 07:58:00 AM »
Thanks everyone for the advise and support. Made it through a long day of work yesterday and two trips to the convenience store, always a test of my conviction. Bought some seeds on the way home, stayed quit. Day 2 plan, keep it that way. Definitely had the fog yesterday. Could not believe all the good information I could get on what to expect and how to combat it.

Offline FMBM707

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-05-06
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2014, 06:38:00 PM »
The emotion of your QUIT is going to wear of so you need to prepare yourself by building a solid foundation.

Quit one day at a time and quit for you because you want to quit. Read as much as you can on this site, because you are a parent I suggest you read Kern story here and make sure you read what his kids have written (warning have some kleenex ready): http://www.killthecan.org/facts-figures ... rns-story/

Get involved with the members of your QUIT group, get on live chat, get on the Kakao app. The next couple of days are going to suck from a physical withdrawal standpoint. Drink lots of water and exercise when you can. Arm yourself with seeds, gum, beef jerky and water.

It only takes making a promise when you wake up and honoring that promise one day at a time (ODAAT).

QLF. EDD.

There are a lot of people on this site who have successfully dealt with their addiction to nicotine by quitting and staying quit, you are going to be given a lot of advice, take what works for you and leave the rest.

Welcome to being QUIT.

Offline Roy

• Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: 8/11/14
  • Interests: Church, Family, and Running
  • Likes Given: 78
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2014, 04:35:00 PM »
Welcome mat1863! I'm quit with you... today is Day 2 for me. We're in this together!
"Trying to quit and not using all that KTC has to offer is like jerking off with boxing gloves on. It MIGHT work but why make things more difficult than they have to be." - Greenspidy

"Dipping may be something distant in my rear view, addiction is not." - Boelker62

"If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." - Romans 10:9

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2014, 11:00:00 AM »
Quote from: Dagranger
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
No need to think about forever. Keep it simple. Keep it one day at a time. Value and enjoy each new day of freedom.

I quit with you today.
I love the enthusiasm, but I agree with the guys above. Right now you are all fired up and really ready to quit for the rest of your life, but 2 days from now, 10 days from now 20 days from now, you'll start getting the voices in your head telling you to cave now and take up your quit the next day. When your focus is on the rest of your life it can seem pretty daunting. At KTC the focus is on one day. You make a promise to all of us here by posting roll (Instructions are in the welcome center) that you will not dip today, then grind through the day, go to bed, wake up and repeat. Ultimately the goal is the same but try to keep your focus small. Good luck Mat
One day at time and you can have back a lot of what the poison has stolen. Never again for any reason and you can keep it. 1000's have used the accountability this site offers to be successful one day at a time. Need anything give a shout.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline Dagranger

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 06-27-2013
  • Interests: I used to like playing any sport. Now I like coaching any sport. Hiking, camping, biking. I work out a lot but I hate it.
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2014, 10:47:00 AM »
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
No need to think about forever. Keep it simple. Keep it one day at a time. Value and enjoy each new day of freedom.

I quit with you today.
I love the enthusiasm, but I agree with the guys above. Right now you are all fired up and really ready to quit for the rest of your life, but 2 days from now, 10 days from now 20 days from now, you'll start getting the voices in your head telling you to cave now and take up your quit the next day. When your focus is on the rest of your life it can seem pretty daunting. At KTC the focus is on one day. You make a promise to all of us here by posting roll (Instructions are in the welcome center) that you will not dip today, then grind through the day, go to bed, wake up and repeat. Ultimately the goal is the same but try to keep your focus small. Good luck Mat

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2014, 10:38:00 AM »
All who have chimed in are right... Today. That's all you need to worry about. Channel that "forever" energy you've got going on right now and use it on "today".

Glad you found us bro. You just kicked your Quit into high gear by joining up. Get involved with your quit group... Stay involved with your quit group. Take the time to read everything you can find on this site. The information and inspiration is invaluable.

Welcome to freedom... It's pretty damn cool.
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2014, 10:30:00 AM »

I quit with you today.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline Gabriel

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-08-05
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2014, 10:20:00 AM »
You can do it brother. You have the most significant reasons in the world to get quit from that garbage. Your wife must be an amazing woman to respond the way she did in forgiveness and compassion when you told her. My wife is like that too. I chewed without her knowing for awhile - a lie...to my wife of nearly 20 years! Nicotine is so powerful. Your freedom is here. As you already know, these first days are going to be extremely trying. Hang in there, you will get through it. I'm on day 8 and feel better physically, but so much better emotionally. I have a clear conscience, and when my bride asks me how I did with the quit at the end of the day, I can say I stayed quit.

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 09:47:00 AM »
Today is day 1 of forever. I am quit today. I will remain that way. I have chewed since I was 17 and turned 30 a couple of weeks ago. I'm done. I've quit before like many other people here I'm sure. I've even gone as long as a year. One slip, or dip rather, is all it takes to start completely from scratch. I'm looking for to the accountability this community can offer me and plan on honoring my word.

I woke my wife up this morning about an hour early to tell her I had been chewing behind her and our two boy's backs off and on since February. It wasn't until this morning that I realized what a shitty husband and father I was because of my mood swings and desire to get away so I could have a dip. My wonderful wife told me all the motivation I need if I want to chew is to think of that little two year old boy who is literally jumping for joy and yelling daddys home when I get there. Think about not being there for him. I'm man enough to say I'm crying as I type this just like I did when she told me that this morning.

I'm quit for good. Today is day 1 of forever.
Mat don worry about forever just concentrate on today. Addicts lie, quitters don't.
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda