Author Topic: Thanks  (Read 5532 times)

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 19
Re: Thanks
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2011, 04:23:00 PM »
Welcome ben. Check your (Inbox 1) upper right corner of your screen. Also, when you are looking for something to occupy your time, read this group from the very first post. Nope, you don't have to read it all at once. But there is some damn funny and very informative shit that goes on in there. Even to this day. Some bad ass quitters in there.

April 2009 The FOQ'ers...

index.php?showtopic=2015

Offline G

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2011, 04:04:00 PM »
Quote from: marjwilliams
Quote from: Dchogs
thanks for the welcome, folks.  it's been a busy morning, which is perfect.  haven't had time to think about it until just now. 

quick question... folks say to get to know your quit group, but it seems like the one thread in there is just roll calls.  is there another place i'm missing?
That's actually a pretty good question. The roll call thread doesn't seem all that conducive to chit chat.

I've been to the actual chat room numerous times. It's a great place to meet site veterans and think about not dipping. Especially during the foggy suck of days 2-4. I couldn't work for shit so I went in there and just stared at the chat which was entertaining and got me through it.
In your quit group, feel free to ask questions, rage/vent , post links or do whatever else you want to share with your quit group. Your quit group is only as boring as you make it.

Offline marjwilliams

• Quitter
  • Interests: Fake dip.
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2011, 01:22:00 PM »
thanks for the welcome, folks. it's been a busy morning, which is perfect. haven't had time to think about it until just now.

quick question... folks say to get to know your quit group, but it seems like the one thread in there is just roll calls. is there another place i'm missing?
That's actually a pretty good question. The roll call thread doesn't seem all that conducive to chit chat.

I've been to the actual chat room numerous times. It's a great place to meet site veterans and think about not dipping. Especially during the foggy suck of days 2-4. I couldn't work for shit so I went in there and just stared at the chat which was entertaining and got me through it.
31/M/TX
Quit Date: 5/9/11
Dipping stats:
Timberwolf Straight longcut
13 years, 1 can a day
per034 on cravings: "ah fuck. Dammit. Oh well."

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Family and friends. Other than that, anything outdoors....motorcycling, shooting, hunting, fishing, racing.
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2011, 01:21:00 PM »
thanks for the welcome, folks. it's been a busy morning, which is perfect. haven't had time to think about it until just now.

quick question... folks say to get to know your quit group, but it seems like the one thread in there is just roll calls. is there another place i'm missing?
You will get to know them that way quicker than you think. That "August" forum isn't just for roll. You can post whatever you want in there. Instead of "QUOTE", just hit "ADD REPLY" and you can leave a new comment. Post some info about yourself or ask any question you might have. I gurantee somebody will have something to say about it. Give that a whirl. As long as you're quit and posting roll, the forum has very few rules about posting in there.

2nd: a lot of folks get acquainted in the "Live Chat" (icon in upper right corner of screen). I'm not big on chat, for several reasons. I have been in there a few times and it was pleasant. Some of my HOF group spend a lot of time in there, though.

3rd: begin to swap phone numbers with a few folks. I was very hesitant with this step, but it is crucial. Nothing keeps a quitter honest like knowing a flurry of texts will hit him if he misses a couple of posts. Pretty much anybody here will give you their digits if you drop them a PM and ask. This is also a good way to post your name on roll if you can't get to a PC occassionally. Text or call another member, and get them to post for you.

Offline dchogs

• Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: May 16, 2011
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2011, 12:47:00 PM »

Quit- 5/16/2011. One day at a time.
HoF- 8/23/2011; 2nd Floor- 12/1/2011; 3rd Floor- 3/10/2012; 4th Floor- 6/18/2012; 5th Floor- 9/27/2012; 6th Floor- 1/4/2013; 7th Floor- 4/14/2013; 8th Floor- 7/23/2013; 9th Floor- 10/31/2013; 10th Floor- 2/8/2014; 11th Floor- 5/19/2014; 12th Floor- 8/27/2014; 13th Floor- 12/5/14; 14th floor- 3/15/15; 15th floor- 6/23/15; 16th floor- 10/1/15; 17th floor- 1/9/16; 18th floor- 4/18/16; 19th floor- 7/26/16; 20th floor- 11/4/16; 21st floor- 2/12/17; 22nd Floor- 5/23/17; 23rd Floor- 8/31/17; 24th Floor- 12/9/17; 25th floor- 3/19/18; 26th floor- 6/27/18; 27th floor- 10/5/18; 28th floor- 1/13/19; 29th foor- 4/22/19; 30th floor- 7/31/19; 31st floor- 11/8/19; 32nd floor- 2/17/20; 33rd floor- 5/27/20; 34th floor- 9/4/20; 35th floor- 12/13/20; 36th floor- 3/23/21; 37th floor- 7/1/21; 38th floor- 10/9/21; 39th floor- 1/17/22; 40th floor- 4/27/22; 41st floor- 8/5/22; 42nd floor- 11/12/22; 43rd floor- 2/20/23; 44th floor- 6/1/23; 45th floor- 9/9/23; 46th floor- 12/18/23; 47th floor- 3/27/24.

"He which hath no stomach to this fight let him depart. But we in it shall be remembered. We few, we happy few, we band of brothers! For he today, that sheds his blood with me, shall always be my brother." (Wm. Shakespeare). For August '11.

Who dares, wins.

Stay quit... it is life or death and that is the undeniable truth.

"To be driven by our appetites alone is slavery, while to obey a law that we have imposed on ourselves is freedom." Rosseau

Offline marjwilliams

• Quitter
  • Interests: Fake dip.
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2011, 09:01:00 AM »
I'm happy to hear it Ben. I was in your shoes a week ago. Reading all the symptoms of quitting and related content on here really helped me with my expectations.

Basically shit gonna suck for 3-4 days and them it's gonna get a lot better. I'm day 8 and am a changed man from a week ago. You can do this. You simply just have to not have any nicotine today.
31/M/TX
Quit Date: 5/9/11
Dipping stats:
Timberwolf Straight longcut
13 years, 1 can a day
per034 on cravings: "ah fuck. Dammit. Oh well."

Offline husker06484

• Quit Pro
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2011, 09:00:00 AM »
Quote from: Scowick65
Quote from: noonelikesaquitter
Quote from: loot
i'm day 1 into my quit, and i'd like to thank my wife for finding me this site.  last night, we were researching ways/plans to quit dip, and she found KTC.  i'm a fairly regular poster on another message board, and when i saw that KTC has THIS kind of active, supportive membership, i knew it was for me.

i'd also like to thank the community already.  i was gearing up for a June 1st quit date, and was going to taper off like the other sites tell you.  well, my wife went to bed, and instead of putting in my lip, i started reading the forums.  two hours later, i flushed 1.5 cans and went to bed a quit man.  thanks for making me quit right away and realize that tomorrow wasn't going to cut it.

woke up this morning and could have sworn the house smelled like tobacco.  nic bitch is playing with me already.  fuck her and the bear she rode in on.  i'm going to go try to figure out how to post roll without screwing it up.

thanks,

ben
Welcome to the site sir. Get comfy. Post Roll in August group.
Welcome brother Ben! People will be falling over each other to offer you help.

Don't worry bout f'ing up Roll. Just make your promise and keep it. We'll clean up your mess for a while.
Please PM me if you need any personal assistance in your quit. Feel free to rage in here. No need to fuss at the wife due to nicotine. We understand and have your back.
Ben...YOU THE MAN!!! Great decision you made last night.... Fight through the suck..Take it day by day hour by hour...There is a difference between a want and a need..You dont need the Bitch and after some time you arent going to want her around either....You need anything, a number, someone to bitch at PM me and I will help you in any way that I can......

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2011, 08:50:00 AM »
Quote from: noonelikesaquitter
i'm day 1 into my quit, and i'd like to thank my wife for finding me this site.  last night, we were researching ways/plans to quit dip, and she found KTC.  i'm a fairly regular poster on another message board, and when i saw that KTC has THIS kind of active, supportive membership, i knew it was for me.

i'd also like to thank the community already.  i was gearing up for a June 1st quit date, and was going to taper off like the other sites tell you.  well, my wife went to bed, and instead of putting in my lip, i started reading the forums.  two hours later, i flushed 1.5 cans and went to bed a quit man.  thanks for making me quit right away and realize that tomorrow wasn't going to cut it.

woke up this morning and could have sworn the house smelled like tobacco.  nic bitch is playing with me already.  fuck her and the bear she rode in on.  i'm going to go try to figure out how to post roll without screwing it up.

thanks,

ben

Don't worry bout f'ing up Roll. Just make your promise and keep it. We'll clean up your mess for a while.
Please PM me if you need any personal assistance in your quit. Feel free to rage in here. No need to fuss at the wife due to nicotine. We understand and have your back.

Offline Nolaq

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2011, 08:35:00 AM »

thanks,

ben

What is your major malfunction?!?!?!?!

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Family and friends. Other than that, anything outdoors....motorcycling, shooting, hunting, fishing, racing.
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 08:33:00 AM »

thanks,

ben
Looks like you managed to post roll perfectly. You owe your wife big time for finding this site. I can't express enough how important it is to have your spouse on board with your quit. I assume she has read the "Spouses" section already. That was a huge eye-opener for my wife. She had no clue what was involved until she did some reading on this site. THere are some great supporters here. Use what you need from the site, leave the rest. PM me if you need anything.

Offline loot

• BANNED
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 08:25:00 AM »
i'm day 1 into my quit, and i'd like to thank my wife for finding me this site. last night, we were researching ways/plans to quit dip, and she found KTC. i'm a fairly regular poster on another message board, and when i saw that KTC has THIS kind of active, supportive membership, i knew it was for me.

i'd also like to thank the community already. i was gearing up for a June 1st quit date, and was going to taper off like the other sites tell you. well, my wife went to bed, and instead of putting in my lip, i started reading the forums. two hours later, i flushed 1.5 cans and went to bed a quit man. thanks for making me quit right away and realize that tomorrow wasn't going to cut it.

woke up this morning and could have sworn the house smelled like tobacco. nic bitch is playing with me already. fuck her and the bear she rode in on. i'm going to go try to figure out how to post roll without screwing it up.

thanks,

ben

Offline dchogs

• Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: May 16, 2011
  • Likes Given: 15
Thanks
« on: May 16, 2011, 08:17:00 AM »
i'm day 1 into my quit, and i'd like to thank my wife for finding me this site. last night, we were researching ways/plans to quit dip, and she found KTC. i'm a fairly regular poster on another message board, and when i saw that KTC has THIS kind of active, supportive membership, i knew it was for me.

i'd also like to thank the community already. i was gearing up for a June 1st quit date, and was going to taper off like the other sites tell you. well, my wife went to bed, and instead of putting in my lip, i started reading the forums. two hours later, i flushed 1.5 cans and went to bed a quit man. thanks for making me quit right away and realize that tomorrow wasn't going to cut it.

woke up this morning and could have sworn the house smelled like tobacco. nic bitch is playing with me already. fuck her and the bear she rode in on. i'm going to go try to figure out how to post roll without screwing it up.

thanks,

ben
Quit- 5/16/2011. One day at a time.
HoF- 8/23/2011; 2nd Floor- 12/1/2011; 3rd Floor- 3/10/2012; 4th Floor- 6/18/2012; 5th Floor- 9/27/2012; 6th Floor- 1/4/2013; 7th Floor- 4/14/2013; 8th Floor- 7/23/2013; 9th Floor- 10/31/2013; 10th Floor- 2/8/2014; 11th Floor- 5/19/2014; 12th Floor- 8/27/2014; 13th Floor- 12/5/14; 14th floor- 3/15/15; 15th floor- 6/23/15; 16th floor- 10/1/15; 17th floor- 1/9/16; 18th floor- 4/18/16; 19th floor- 7/26/16; 20th floor- 11/4/16; 21st floor- 2/12/17; 22nd Floor- 5/23/17; 23rd Floor- 8/31/17; 24th Floor- 12/9/17; 25th floor- 3/19/18; 26th floor- 6/27/18; 27th floor- 10/5/18; 28th floor- 1/13/19; 29th foor- 4/22/19; 30th floor- 7/31/19; 31st floor- 11/8/19; 32nd floor- 2/17/20; 33rd floor- 5/27/20; 34th floor- 9/4/20; 35th floor- 12/13/20; 36th floor- 3/23/21; 37th floor- 7/1/21; 38th floor- 10/9/21; 39th floor- 1/17/22; 40th floor- 4/27/22; 41st floor- 8/5/22; 42nd floor- 11/12/22; 43rd floor- 2/20/23; 44th floor- 6/1/23; 45th floor- 9/9/23; 46th floor- 12/18/23; 47th floor- 3/27/24.

"He which hath no stomach to this fight let him depart. But we in it shall be remembered. We few, we happy few, we band of brothers! For he today, that sheds his blood with me, shall always be my brother." (Wm. Shakespeare). For August '11.

Who dares, wins.

Stay quit... it is life or death and that is the undeniable truth.

"To be driven by our appetites alone is slavery, while to obey a law that we have imposed on ourselves is freedom." Rosseau