Author Topic: Long Overdue Introduction  (Read 2638 times)

Offline GlennFtheKodiak

• Quitter
  • Interests: Gym and Coaching and Running Pop Warner Program. I'll fuck all you mother fuckers up.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Long Overdue Introduction
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2009, 03:41:00 PM »
Quote from: LaQuitter
Nevermind.
No tell us.
football rules, soccer drools

HOF: July 7th, 2009

Offline LaQuitter

• Quit Pro
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2009, 01:39:00 PM »
Nevermind.
Quit: Saturday, May 2, 2009
HOF: Monday, August 10, 2009

La's HOF Speech

"Post roll like 8 pounds 6 ounces... new born infant jesus himself was telling you to do it" - Jaydisco

Offline jaydisco

• Quitter
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2009, 10:30:00 AM »
Quote from: redtrain14
Well, I was apprehensive about this past weekend.  I spent it deer hunting, for the first time since quitting.  Hunting was one of my "triggers".

I realized this weekend that once I had overcome one "trigger", I had them all whipped.  I have gotten past many triggers over the last 157 days.  And I enjoyed the hell out of deer hunting without that can of cancer. 

DO NOT let the nic bitch fool you into thinking you need her for ANYTHING.  Simply stated, life is just better without her.

Scott - Day 157 - the bitch better run and hide.
Hunting was one of my biggest worries last year.

I was a bit suprised at the time but the outdoor experience, just like everything else, is way better without. I am suprised no longer.

Nice job LaQ!

P.S. When is the "LaQ is providing backstraps" cookout?
Thanks redtrain.

Bro, as soon as I kill, the cookout is on!! 'Remshot'
Thanks for all the encouragement..and the show of strength

You are in control of your triggers

I hope at least a few newbies take notice and follow your lead - Post roll like 8 pounds 6 ounces... new born infant jesus himself was telling you to do it.
Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee. -
Jules Winnfield

Offline LaQuitter

• Quit Pro
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2009, 08:14:00 PM »
Well, I was apprehensive about this past weekend.  I spent it deer hunting, for the first time since quitting.  Hunting was one of my "triggers".

I realized this weekend that once I had overcome one "trigger", I had them all whipped.  I have gotten past many triggers over the last 157 days.  And I enjoyed the hell out of deer hunting without that can of cancer. 

DO NOT let the nic bitch fool you into thinking you need her for ANYTHING.  Simply stated, life is just better without her.

I was a bit suprised at the time but the outdoor experience, just like everything else, is way better without. I am suprised no longer.

Nice job LaQ!

Thanks redtrain.

Bro, as soon as I kill, the cookout is on!! 'Remshot'

La's HOF Speech

"Post roll like 8 pounds 6 ounces... new born infant jesus himself was telling you to do it" - Jaydisco

Offline LaQuitter

• Quit Pro
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2009, 08:13:00 PM »

Nice job LaQ!

Thanks redtrain.

La's HOF Speech

Offline redtrain14

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Family, hunting, fishing, running, mountain biking, swimming, building shit, and anything else that sounds like fun.
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2009, 09:26:00 AM »
Well, I was apprehensive about this past weekend. I spent it deer hunting, for the first time since quitting. Hunting was one of my "triggers".

I realized this weekend that once I had overcome one "trigger", I had them all whipped. I have gotten past many triggers over the last 157 days. And I enjoyed the hell out of deer hunting without that can of cancer.

DO NOT let the nic bitch fool you into thinking you need her for ANYTHING. Simply stated, life is just better without her.

Nice job LaQ!

Offline LaQuitter

• Quit Pro
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2009, 05:38:00 PM »
Well, I was apprehensive about this past weekend. I spent it deer hunting, for the first time since quitting. Hunting was one of my "triggers".

I realized this weekend that once I had overcome one "trigger", I had them all whipped. I have gotten past many triggers over the last 157 days. And I enjoyed the hell out of deer hunting without that can of cancer.

DO NOT let the nic bitch fool you into thinking you need her for ANYTHING. Simply stated, life is just better without her.

La's HOF Speech

Offline Smokeyg

• Quit King
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2009, 07:35:00 PM »
Damn, haven't ventured in to this here page yet. Good shit in here LA.

This guy knows how to get this shit done. Can't speak for August '09, but LAQuitter is one of the most consistent posters in August '08.

Seek support where you need it. And if you feel like you don't need it, that's when you most need it.

Stay close quitters.

Offline Gump

• Quitter
    • framedartexpert.com
  • Interests: my daughterquittingwinningbusinessrock climbingbodybuildingguitarscubasnowboardingtheaterlive bandsdead bandspretty much anything in naturenot having nature invite itself into my househelping other people to quit nicotineAtlanta Picture Framer
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2009, 03:54:00 AM »
So there have been a few things throughout my time here at KTC that have eaten at me. One of these things is the exchanging of phone numbers.

I have seen many new quitters question why they should exchange phone numbers. I am going to give you my phone number so that you can call me anytime you are craving. If you call me, we can talk it out. Or, we can just chat about anything. The point is, you are making me aware of your weak moment, and we are going to spend some time talking about anything you want. That time spent on the phone will be a crave killer. The craving will have passed. Addditionally, there will probably have been some very valuable information exchanged for both you and I to learn from, and apply to our quits.

Now, this is a two-way street. You will also be giving me your phone number when I give you mine. Why you ask? Well, if you don't post roll on any given day, I will be texting you to find out why, and urge you to post. I will call you, encouraging you to post roll. In short, I will be hunting you down. Giving me your phone number allows me to hold you to a higher degree of accountability.

It is a mutual exchange, that will be mutually beneficial to both of our quits. Unfortunately, and oddly enough, even prepared quitters fail to use this tool. See my post below regarding complacency.

I know it may seem awkward to be exchanging your phone number with a stranger. But I can promise you that doing this will one day save your quit. And you don't always have to talk about "the quit". You can usually find common ground with someone.....children, careers, hobbies, etc. And who knows, you might actually make some great friends in the process. I know I have.

As a side note, the quit is going good for me right now. My cravings have been few lately. Still having to quash the oral habit with gum (slowing down on the sunflower seeds). There is just no going back for me. I can honestly say that I look back at my time as a nicotine abuser, and I do not miss it. There was nothing beneficial to be gained by using it. But don't think I am not always vigilant. I purposely smack the nic bitch every day when I post roll, just to remind her that I am fucking done with her.

LaQuitter - 141 - I am quit.
You're right, man. I wish I had b0yer's number at this moment, so I could call and rip him a new asshole for not posting in 3 days. He quit the same day as me and two others in the December group. If I had his number I might be able to help. (I do have several numbers, probably 8, just not his).
"Stupid is as stupid does"

Quit nicotine 9/1/09

Framed Art Expert

Offline LaQuitter

• Quit Pro
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2009, 10:45:00 AM »
So there have been a few things throughout my time here at KTC that have eaten at me. One of these things is the exchanging of phone numbers.

I have seen many new quitters question why they should exchange phone numbers. I am going to give you my phone number so that you can call me anytime you are craving. If you call me, we can talk it out. Or, we can just chat about anything. The point is, you are making me aware of your weak moment, and we are going to spend some time talking about anything you want. That time spent on the phone will be a crave killer. The craving will have passed. Addditionally, there will probably have been some very valuable information exchanged for both you and I to learn from, and apply to our quits.

Now, this is a two-way street. You will also be giving me your phone number when I give you mine. Why you ask? Well, if you don't post roll on any given day, I will be texting you to find out why, and urge you to post. I will call you, encouraging you to post roll. In short, I will be hunting you down. Giving me your phone number allows me to hold you to a higher degree of accountability.

It is a mutual exchange, that will be mutually beneficial to both of our quits. Unfortunately, and oddly enough, even prepared quitters fail to use this tool. See my post below regarding complacency.

I know it may seem awkward to be exchanging your phone number with a stranger. But I can promise you that doing this will one day save your quit. And you don't always have to talk about "the quit". You can usually find common ground with someone.....children, careers, hobbies, etc. And who knows, you might actually make some great friends in the process. I know I have.

As a side note, the quit is going good for me right now. My cravings have been few lately. Still having to quash the oral habit with gum (slowing down on the sunflower seeds). There is just no going back for me. I can honestly say that I look back at my time as a nicotine abuser, and I do not miss it. There was nothing beneficial to be gained by using it. But don't think I am not always vigilant. I purposely smack the nic bitch every day when I post roll, just to remind her that I am fucking done with her.

LaQuitter - 141 - I am quit.

La's HOF Speech

Offline LaQuitter

• Quit Pro
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2009, 08:56:00 AM »
I think I have decided to follow the lead of some of you guys, and use my intro page here as a blogspot, maybe for a weekly rambling or something. Sometimes I wonder if my posts in my August group even get read, as there is usually little feedback. So, in an effort to stimulate some engagement, maybe I'll post my bullshit here too. Anyone who cares to, feel free to jump right in and join the conversation.

Complacency. After reading what goes on here with those who cave, and also based on my own personal cave in 2003 after 14 months of quit, I have come to the conclusion that complacency is the #1 quit killer there is.

We must remember that WE ARE ADDICTS, AND THAT IS FOREVER. Do you seriously think your nicotine addiction can't jump up and bite you in the ass after one, two, three years quit?? You are an addict my friend, and you will always carry this demon with you.

What is going to separate you as a successful quitter from the failure who caves? You have the tools to stay quit, and you will continue to use them in some form or fashion. The caver will have grown complacent in his quit. He will forget why and how he quit. He will forget that he is an addict. Like you, he has the tools to stay quit, but he will fail to use them.

It may seem hard to keep the quit fire burning sometimes, but stay engaged somehow. Re-read some of the things that have motivated you in the past. Go find a new quitter that needs guidance. Be proactive in your quits, and the quits of others.

Avoid the complacency that will suck you back down into the shitty life of addiction. Don't let complacency and weakness be what kills you. That is what we are talking about, life and death. Our habits were going to kill us. Fuck that.

Tobacco will not kill me.

LAQ

La's HOF Speech

Offline jaydisco

• Quitter
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2009, 05:59:00 PM »
Fogs a bitch. I'm handling my business alright these days, but there is a lot going on. You know the phase no better time than the present? well, I picked a hell of a time to quit the shit - I'm determined though. My wife has been great, and the kids..well shit they're always there for me. I am just focusing on how much worse I would have it if I was wrestling the bear while trying to keep my shit together.

Kodiak and got shit on me!!

'disco
Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee. -
Jules Winnfield

Offline Stretch

• Quitter
  • Interests: Good times with Family and Friends
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2009, 03:04:00 PM »
Quote from: jaydisco,May
Quote from: FtheKodiak,May
Quote from: Stretch,May
Quote from: DeanTheCunt,May
Push through it!

Stretch
These are the words JayDisco whispers when I freak him in the ass.
Yeah wtf??? LOL.
how about "keep the shit out of your lip!"

Is that more on level with what we all want to hear?

chalk it up to a newbie mistake....the gloves are off from now on!

Thanks for the slap in the face on sounding like a homo!
Dean IS a homo.
and his nickname wasn't stretch, thats just what he would do for the fellas...[/QUOTE]
Only if they fuckin' smile real pretty for me!

How's that shitty Fog treating you? Took me until day 12 or so to come out of it....still drift there from time to time! I find myself wondering back here when it gets too thick. just watch out for that nic bitch when you're really in the thick shit! 'blowup'
Quit: April 27, 2009
HOF: August 4, 2009

Offline jaydisco

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2009, 01:02:00 PM »
Quote from: FtheKodiak
Push through it!

Stretch
Yeah wtf??? LOL.

Thanks for the slap in the face on sounding like a homo!
Dean IS a homo. [/QUOTE]
and his nickname wasn't stretch, thats just what he would do for the fellas...
Jules Winnfield

Offline GlennFtheKodiak

• Quitter
  • Interests: Gym and Coaching and Running Pop Warner Program. I'll fuck all you mother fuckers up.
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2009, 12:57:00 PM »
Quote from: Stretch
Push through it!

Stretch
Yeah wtf??? LOL.

Thanks for the slap in the face on sounding like a homo! [/QUOTE]
Dean IS a homo.
football rules, soccer drools

HOF: July 7th, 2009