Author Topic: jonesin like a mother  (Read 6302 times)

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Own it or be OWNED by it
  • Quit Date: 12-31-2011
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
  • Likes Given: 710
Re: jonesin like a mother
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2014, 02:04:00 PM »
Quote from: ssever122
Made a bad call at work first thing this morning. A great way to wake up...not!! Had to fight all the way back t the station not to cave in and cope the way I've always done, but I didn't give in and won't!! Now to sanitize everything in my possession and get the rest of the day started. Stay strong today quitters. It's a great day to be alive!!
At the begging it was a 'hold on for dear life white-knuckle roller coaster ride'
The second by second stretched out to minute by minute , then hour by hour, day by day. Regardless of the 'quit time' we live with the fact we are nicotine addicts so we walk the razor every day. Learn the tools and weapons to combat your demon and fight the bitch every damn day bro!
Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44 45 46

Assurance

Offline ssever122

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2014, 10:41:00 AM »
Made a bad call at work first thing this morning. A great way to wake up...not!! Had to fight all the way back t the station not to cave in and cope the way I've always done, but I didn't give in and won't!! Now to sanitize everything in my possession and get the rest of the day started. Stay strong today quitters. It's a great day to be alive!!
15 yr nic addict
ODAAT

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2014, 12:45:00 PM »
Guys I really appreciate all the support! Yesterday was another bitch of a day, but I made it. Honestly though, logging in and reading y'alls words of wisdom gave me a boost. Day 7 is just getting started and it's already starting better than all the rest. I still have the headache, but the fog appears to be subsiding. My hands are reacting as quickly as I tell them now, and I'm not necessarily feeling like ripping anyone's head off this morning lol. Thanks for quitting with me, and I am honored to quit with each of you today.
Keep it going man, little by little. If you get some fresh air, enjoy it, recharge for the next battle. Don't be afraid to get pissed about what the damned poison weed did to you, and how hard it is to walk away. You're doing it! ODAAT!
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline ssever122

• Quitter
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2014, 09:25:00 AM »
Guys I really appreciate all the support! Yesterday was another bitch of a day, but I made it. Honestly though, logging in and reading y'alls words of wisdom gave me a boost. Day 7 is just getting started and it's already starting better than all the rest. I still have the headache, but the fog appears to be subsiding. My hands are reacting as quickly as I tell them now, and I'm not necessarily feeling like ripping anyone's head off this morning lol. Thanks for quitting with me, and I am honored to quit with each of you today.
15 yr nic addict
ODAAT

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-03-14
  • Interests: Living my life and never turning back to the can of lies.
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2014, 12:06:00 PM »
Never let the bitch win. Never. To remain undefeated, always pay attention to the battle at hand. If you think in terms that you are quit forever and you will feel like shit forever, it just became harder and damn near impossible to beat.

You will have phases while your body rewires without nicotine. Fog, funks, uphoria and joy, and down right depression and rage. Every emotion will be heightened for a time.

You know what, you can survive and win today. Today is the day to say, "Not now, not today". Day after day, you will train yourself not to be impulsive and value freedom over vice.

Just never sweat what lies in store tomorrow. I can promise you, what you feel today is only temporary (good or bad) but you can suffer or enjoy today and get through it.

Wake tomorrow and repeat. Day after day after day. Before long, good days will far out number the bad days and quitting daily...It gets easy.

Stay the course by following the plan. Quit today, never worry about being quit tomorrow or forever. Just quit today, keep your word and claim a victory. When you wake and its Today again...repeat.

Be a fighter and value your quit and freedom more than you value a buzz and kneeling to swear allegiance to nicotine.

If it ever gets to a point where you have to have one. You must call and ask a brother for permission to cave. (This keeps you from an impulsive decision that brings regret.)
Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2014, 07:42:00 AM »
Thanks Guys! Day Five Sucked Balls. I Really Considered Giving Up But I Made It!
Considering giving up means it's not completely off the table. Do yourself a favor,, take it completely off. There is no giving up. The mind set you must develop is simple. It's the same we all develop. I don't care how bad it gets,, today I'm not using. Post roll and keep your word! You make the decisions. You got this one day at a time.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline Steakbomb18

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/13/2013
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2014, 07:28:00 AM »
You've just notched 5 victories in a row. When was the last time you did that? You are undefeated this week and from here on out there is no way in hell, you're going to let a can of worm dirt poison pull out another victory. Flawless from here on out. Every Damn Day, you, me, and everyone here at KTC are going to do this. Now go nail down your first dip free week.
Certified Grade A Badass

Offline Mogul

• Quitter
  • Interests: Pilot
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2014, 12:30:00 AM »
Thanks Guys! Day Five Sucked Balls. I Really Considered Giving Up But I Made It!
Great job battling thru. That's a win in your column. Now that you know you can beat thus, let that win fuel you. Believe in yourself and move forward one day at a time

Offline ssever122

• Quitter
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2014, 10:56:00 PM »
15 yr nic addict
ODAAT

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-03-14
  • Interests: Living my life and never turning back to the can of lies.
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2014, 09:21:00 PM »
Thx!!Well Day 3 Is In the Books And I Realized I Haven't Actually Introduced Myself. First Off My Name Is Stephen. I An A 31 Year Old Father Of One(FullCustody). I'm A Fire Lieutenant And I Install septic Systems Most Days Off. I Been Dippin For A Little Over Fifteen Years And A Few Nights Ago On The Night Before My Birthday, My Boy Asked When He Was Gonna Be Big Enough To Dip Like Me. Well That Just Pissed Me Off And We Went And Chucked My Can In The Pond. Today I Spent My Day Off With My Kid. Needless To Say, I did All Kinds Of Stuff That I Would Always Have A Dip To Do And I Felt Good Not To Be Teaching Him Bad Habits. Bacc Off Is Definitely HelpiN ThoughSo Is The Fact I'm Pissed Off And Tired Of Being Controlled By A Can Of worm Dirt.

OneThing That Is Driving Me Crazy Today Is That This Damn Phone Is Capitalizing The First Letter Of Each Word Lol

On A Side Note If I Can help Any Of Y'all Who Helped Me Just Lemme Know. Thx
Love the Dad that sees his impact on his kid and changes.

The dad that says, do as I say and not as I do...hmmm

You're obviously a good dad. Fuck the politically correct, kids do better when dad is a dad and involved.

I know this is a quit site but I think this is part of it. Fighting the war so our kids don't get duped by USTobacco. I quit with you today.
Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline Morgan1

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2012-05-29
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2014, 09:02:00 PM »
Thx!!Well Day 3 Is In the Books And I Realized I Haven't Actually Introduced Myself. First Off My Name Is Stephen. I An A 31 Year Old Father Of One(FullCustody). I'm A Fire Lieutenant And I Install septic Systems Most Days Off. I Been Dippin For A Little Over Fifteen Years And A Few Nights Ago On The Night Before My Birthday, My Boy Asked When He Was Gonna Be Big Enough To Dip Like Me. Well That Just Pissed Me Off And We Went And Chucked My Can In The Pond. Today I Spent My Day Off With My Kid. Needless To Say, I did All Kinds Of Stuff That I Would Always Have A Dip To Do And I Felt Good Not To Be Teaching Him Bad Habits. Bacc Off Is Definitely HelpiN ThoughSo Is The Fact I'm Pissed Off And Tired Of Being Controlled By A Can Of worm Dirt.

OneThing That Is Driving Me Crazy Today Is That This Damn Phone Is Capitalizing The First Letter Of Each Word Lol

3 days is big time bro. Shows you have some heart cause the first 3 days are the toughest. Stick close to the site and make some contacts. PM me if you want my number. It seems strange to give out your number to a stranger and vice versa but this site is built on accountability and working together. Stick your nose in chat and start meeting some people - my first 60 days I was in chat pretty much daily. This site works but you gotta be fully invested and drink the Kool aid. You can do it man - be aggressive. Be confident. Post roll every day - EVERY day. I love the quit :D
I have control over my quit. There's no luck involved. - Diesel2112

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline ssever122

• Quitter
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2014, 08:50:00 PM »

15 yr nic addict
ODAAT

Offline ssever122

• Quitter
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2014, 12:18:00 PM »
Quote from: brettlees
Are you hanging in there ok? A couple tips, in case you haven't read enough yet here---

first, start bulding your network of accountability. Get phone numbers of guys in your class and other classes for accountabily and support. It really helps. Some of them will end up being friends. PM me if you want mine, i'll sure get you started. This is pretty crucial to do - we all need support.

second, its recommended that you document your quit here in your intro thread- what you go through, etc. That creates a record that you can refer back to, to remind you of what you have been through and you never want to go through again. I did this, and it really does help firm up my resolve to go back and look over. Other guys intros are also great reading material to see that everybody goes through their own flavor of what you are going through. This one is optional, but it really does help.

Ok, keep this thing going- you are battling for your life, and making some great steps already. You can do it completely by following the program here!

Proud to be quitting with you today!
Hey Man Thx For The Advice. Everything Is Going Good And I Like The Idea Of Chronicling This Journey. I'll Do That Starting now.
15 yr nic addict
ODAAT

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2014, 10:22:00 AM »
Are you hanging in there ok? A couple tips, in case you haven't read enough yet here---

first, start bulding your network of accountability. Get phone numbers of guys in your class and other classes for accountabily and support. It really helps. Some of them will end up being friends. PM me if you want mine, i'll sure get you started. This is pretty crucial to do - we all need support.

second, its recommended that you document your quit here in your intro thread- what you go through, etc. That creates a record that you can refer back to, to remind you of what you have been through and you never want to go through again. I did this, and it really does help firm up my resolve to go back and look over. Other guys intros are also great reading material to see that everybody goes through their own flavor of what you are going through. This one is optional, but it really does help.

Ok, keep this thing going- you are battling for your life, and making some great steps already. You can do it completely by following the program here!

Proud to be quitting with you today!
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline ssever122

• Quitter
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2014, 08:02:00 PM »
Quote from: M-Menace
I wont feel like that again!! I'm a grown ass man and I don't need watched to keep from buying shit...embarrassing that I let this happen to myself... 'bang head'

Thats why you are here brutha, for some help. We all need some help at some point, its the way humans are designed. We are born needing help and usually go out needing help, so no embarrassment in needing a little in between. Good you have a true friend who made you feel that way and kept you from caving. Welcome to the best decision you will make and you need anything shoot me a PM.

Menace
Thx man I appreciate it
15 yr nic addict
ODAAT