Author Topic: jonesin like a mother  (Read 6303 times)

Offline Menace

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: jonesin like a mother
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2014, 06:08:00 PM »
I wont feel like that again!! I'm a grown ass man and I don't need watched to keep from buying shit...embarrassing that I let this happen to myself... 'bang head'

Thats why you are here brutha, for some help. We all need some help at some point, its the way humans are designed. We are born needing help and usually go out needing help, so no embarrassment in needing a little in between. Good you have a true friend who made you feel that way and kept you from caving. Welcome to the best decision you will make and you need anything shoot me a PM.

Menace
Menace

I'm a Quitter, Are You?

Offline LifeAfterDip

• Quitter
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2014, 06:00:00 PM »
Make sure you post roll. And after you post roll, take things in 24 segments. No more, no less.
Quit date: 1/6/2014

Do you remember nicotine? Do you truly remember her? The way she controlled you financially, emotionally and physically? The lies she whispered in your ear daily? Remember how one dip was too many and one thousand was never enough? Yeah, so do I. That's why I'm here. That's why I post roll. That's why I support my brothers and sisters. Because I remember her too damn well.

Offline ssever122

• Quitter
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2014, 05:48:00 PM »
The haze and these headaches suck major monkey balls!! Luckily my guys at work are pretty die hard for me. I bout caved and bought me a can earlier in the store, when my cashier set it on the counter as always. One of my guys came in and just stood by me. Kinda made me feel like a criminal that had to be watched to keep from stealing or something. I wont feel like that again!! I'm a grown ass man and I don't need watched to keep from buying shit...embarrassing that I let this happen to myself... 'bang head'
15 yr nic addict
ODAAT

Offline ssever122

• Quitter
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2014, 11:50:00 AM »
Quote from: Steakbomb18
ssever, way to follow through; from seeking advice, taking that advice strait up, and then heeding that advice. Now that you've kicked that nic bitch to the curb, feel free to get pissed and dish it back to us if she starts toying with your head. We can take it. Stay on the strait and narrow, post roll, and post your experiences in this intro and in others. Glad to be quitting with you.
Thanks man and will do!
15 yr nic addict
ODAAT

Offline Steakbomb18

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/13/2013
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2014, 08:59:00 AM »
ssever, way to follow through; from seeking advice, taking that advice strait up, and then heeding that advice. Now that you've kicked that nic bitch to the curb, feel free to get pissed and dish it back to us if she starts toying with your head. We can take it. Stay on the strait and narrow, post roll, and post your experiences in this intro and in others. Glad to be quitting with you.
Certified Grade A Badass

Offline ssever122

• Quitter
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2014, 09:45:00 PM »
Quote from: mogul
Let's keep it simple, you can put anything in your body you want except nicotine. We are here to kick the nicotine bitch in the shankles. Yes she has shankles. No nicotine. I threw in some jakes mint chew for awhile, but now I'm just quit everything to do with packing my lip. Do you realize somebody is getting rich off of your self destruction? If someone was threatening you and taking your money at the same time, how would you feel? That is what's happening every time you purchase nicotine, I don't care the delivery system, gum, tobacco, patch, etc.

Let's all kick their asses together.

Mogul
Shankles...got it lol. As far as the money shit goes, I hear you man that's the main reason I'm quitting. Got rid of the bitch, Killed the debt, now I'm gonna put a whooping on snuff(once and for all) and buy me a sxs with the money I save from not dipping
15 yr nic addict
ODAAT

Offline ssever122

• Quitter
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2014, 09:41:00 PM »
Quote from: Wt57
Bacc off is fine or any other fake dip, some like it others don't. Personally I used some for almost 100 days and then lost interest in it. It did help with the oral fixation. As far as how long the worst will be? Now that you've quit putting nicotine into your system 72 hours will flush your system but then there is some nasty psychological fights with the bitch. After several weeks you will begin having fewer cravings and they will be further apart.
Sweet thanks for the heads up!
15 yr nic addict
ODAAT

Offline ssever122

• Quitter
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2014, 09:40:00 PM »
Quote from: wmcatty
Sserver: I sent the following to you in a PM tonight. Call me at the number I sent you if you are still having problems. Wayne

How to post roll.

index.php?showtopic=50

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

How to Post ROLL CALL - Roll Call Instructions
Step 1 - Find the last Roll Call
Step 2 - Hit the "Quote" button in the upper right hand corner.
Step 3 - Click your mouse ANYWHERE in The bottom Box.
Step 4 - Hit Ctrl and "A" at the Same time so it looks like a solid blue box.
Step 5 - Hit Ctrl and "X" at the same time so there is NOTHING in Either Box.
Step 6 - Click your mouse anywhere in the TOP BOX
Step 7 - Hit Ctrl and "V" at the same time to Paste the info into the top box AND ADD YOUR info to the bottom of the list
Step 8 - Hit ADD REPLY below the bottom box
Thank you man I think I got it done right.
15 yr nic addict
ODAAT

Offline Mogul

• Quitter
  • Interests: Pilot
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2014, 09:01:00 PM »
Let's keep it simple, you can put anything in your body you want except nicotine. We are here to kick the nicotine bitch in the shankles. Yes she has shankles. No nicotine. I threw in some jakes mint chew for awhile, but now I'm just quit everything to do with packing my lip. Do you realize somebody is getting rich off of your self destruction? If someone was threatening you and taking your money at the same time, how would you feel? That is what's happening every time you purchase nicotine, I don't care the delivery system, gum, tobacco, patch, etc.

Let's all kick their asses together.

Mogul

Offline wmcatty

• Quit Pro
    • heartoftexasweather.org
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2014, 09:00:00 PM »
Sserver: I sent the following to you in a PM tonight. Call me at the number I sent you if you are still having problems. Wayne

How to post roll.

index.php?showtopic=50

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

How to Post ROLL CALL - Roll Call Instructions
Step 1 - Find the last Roll Call
Step 2 - Hit the "Quote" button in the upper right hand corner.
Step 3 - Click your mouse ANYWHERE in The bottom Box.
Step 4 - Hit Ctrl and "A" at the Same time so it looks like a solid blue box.
Step 5 - Hit Ctrl and "X" at the same time so there is NOTHING in Either Box.
Step 6 - Click your mouse anywhere in the TOP BOX
Step 7 - Hit Ctrl and "V" at the same time to Paste the info into the top box AND ADD YOUR info to the bottom of the list
Step 8 - Hit ADD REPLY below the bottom box
"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
-John Wayne

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2014, 08:48:00 PM »
Bacc off is fine or any other fake dip, some like it others don't. Personally I used some for almost 100 days and then lost interest in it. It did help with the oral fixation. As far as how long the worst will be? Now that you've quit putting nicotine into your system 72 hours will flush your system but then there is some nasty psychological fights with the bitch. After several weeks you will begin having fewer cravings and they will be further apart.
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline ssever122

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2014, 08:34:00 PM »
Quote from: brettlees
Quote from: ssever122
Aright guys, thanks for the good word and reading material. Consider me done with the Nicorette gum. It's nasty anyway! I've only chewed six pieces and my mouth is tore up from either it or the bacc off. Oh what's your thoughts on the bacc off?
Somebody else will have to answer about the back off but as long as there is no nicotine it's not off limits. I wanted to say congratulations on making a great decision to save your life. Post roll next- you are in the April 2014 class. Then keep your word today. Do that all over again tomorrow. You already have a lot of help posted here, and others will be dropping in to help and support you. Really nice job man, proud of you.
Thanks Man
15 yr nic addict
ODAAT

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2014, 08:12:00 PM »
Quote from: ssever122
Aright guys, thanks for the good word and reading material. Consider me done with the Nicorette gum. It's nasty anyway! I've only chewed six pieces and my mouth is tore up from either it or the bacc off. Oh what's your thoughts on the bacc off?
Somebody else will have to answer about the back off but as long as there is no nicotine it's not off limits. I wanted to say congratulations on making a great decision to save your life. Post roll next- you are in the April 2014 class. Then keep your word today. Do that all over again tomorrow. You already have a lot of help posted here, and others will be dropping in to help and support you. Really nice job man, proud of you.
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline ssever122

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2014, 07:22:00 PM »
15 yr nic addict
ODAAT

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2014, 06:30:00 PM »
Nicotine addiction 101---this link will explain a lot about how bad nicotine is and why. It literally is poison and doesn't want you to quit. Best to just give it up now. Cold turkey. Read up tonight, then post roll and quit tonight. You'll want to when you learn what it's been doing to you. You can do it by following this site's plan.

Three days and the poisons out of your system- jump in and get it headed out!
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!