Author Topic: Verses for the coming week!  (Read 2300 times)

Offline DoneDippingDenny

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Verses for the coming week!
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2010, 02:23:00 PM »
Thanks man! We're all here for the same fight together.
Stay Alive! Stay Quit!!!

Offline cmay1

• Quitter
  • Interests: Playing with my girls, being a dad, being a good husband, running, soccer, playing guitar, reading, writing.
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2010, 09:48:00 AM »
My patron St. is St. Francis de Sales - this is a prayer I keep in the visor of my car that he wrote. Hope it is helpful to you guys as well. Thanks Tripple D -

"My God, I give you this day. I offer you, now, all of the good that I shall do and I promise to accept, for love of you, all of the difficulty that I shall meet. Help me to conduct myself during this day in a manner pleasing to you. Amen."
"So if EVERYTHING was a trigger then nothing is really a 'trigger'" - MikeA

"panting like a fatopotomus" - Greg5280

"...and then at last my addict friend, you'll see what you've forsaken, when 100 speak the truth, and yet you disagree, then maybe you're mistaken." - SkoalMonster

Offline RagingJew

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2010, 03:33:00 AM »
When it comes to tobacco companies, I prefer Psalm 94:1

Offline Lost

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2010, 07:03:00 PM »
Looking forward to them!
RIP
JNH 08.07.2011
CAW 10.28.2010
TWB 06.26.2003

Fortes Fortuna adiuvat

Offline DoneDippingDenny

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2010, 06:33:00 PM »
TripleD here with some encouragement of the Biblical kind. Each week I intend to post verses from the Bible. I urge you to consider these as you go throughout your week. Regardless of your belief system, the Bible has great teachings and is at a minimum full of sound advice and great instructions.

I am at day 10, so I will likely be here with you all for quite a while. I do not intend to preach or harp at anyone. I need all of you for my support group. I do however intend to give guidance where I can. I believe that we all need one another. Let's get quit...

Matthew 26:41 _Watch and pray, that you enter not into tepmtation: the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.

Philippians 4:13_I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Stay Alive! Stay Quit!!!

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
  • Quit Date: 10-30-2009
  • Interests: Golf, Running, Cycling, Being outside, Spending time with my family. Quitting and helping newbies.
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2010, 01:58:00 PM »
Quote from: john101477
Quote from: RWM
Quote from: DoneDippingDenny
I got a bit scared when I looked in the mirror last Thursday night. I seen something that scared me for sure inside my jaw. It felt tender to the touch, but was a hard knot about the size of a pea. Oh well, I woke up Friday morning, put a pinch in and went on with life. Got to work and sat down at my desk - fired up the computer and thought about that little sore knot. I hit the internet and looked at plenty more pics that further induced fear. I then thought about my children. I want to be there for them as my Dad has been for me. Who am I to selfishly steal their dad away from them. My mind drifted to a very dear friend of mine who lost his life in Afganistan in mid June. At his funeral I was an absolute wreck. He fortunately hadn't married and didn't have children, but he did have a nephew that he was quite close to. I started thinking about that little boys pain and recognizing that I had a little boy about the same age at home and if I died he would go through that terrible pain. The difference would be unlike my friend who died a hero for our nation, I would die a retarded idiot for commiting suicide one dip at a time. So, the dip came out and a brand new can (missing only that one dip) went in the trash. It WAS -IS- and WILL BE the LAST can! Last night I read a post about a gentleman who had died. The story was so similar to what mine could have been. Leaving children to mourn for my selfish act. It broke my heart when I thought about it on day 6, and I am not ashamed to say I cried - knowing that I have been doing the same thing to my family as Tom had. I am so glad that story was posted on here and every newbie needs to check out everything they can on this site. I know that at 7 days quit I have a long way to go, and my body certainly has a long way to go before I am "out of the woods", but that crap has lost its control over me. I am QUIT. I am quit for my kids, for my wife, for Tom (who was in the story that killed me over last night) but I QUIT for Denny!!!
Denny - welcome to the quit. I would recommend going to the dentist and getting checked out. Read everything you can, drink lots of water, exercise, and find your group and post your commit. THEN keep your word. You post everyday in the morning that you will not dip for that day. THEN don't break your word.

Get contact info from folks here, and your group. Get connected. I would assume you will be in the NOV group. Find it and post up. If you need help, leave a message back here and someone will respond.

Stay strong - stay quit - I quit with Denny today.

Rob
I second the trip to the Dr.
Glad your quit make sure to post roll every day. I also quit with Denny.
Denny,
Go to the pros and get looked at. It is scary but also feels great to hear you are clean.

If you are like me which it appears you are you will worry about every little thing going on for the first oh say 150 days or so. Your body is going to change, your mouth certainly will get sores, spots etc. Part of getting the poision out of your system.

If you need anything reach out.. thats why we are here.

Now get off your ass and go get checked... let us know how it goes.

Offline john101477

• Quitter
    • www.northerncalimages.com
  • Interests: I am an outdoor nut. I spend more time in the middle of nowhere than anyone I know. Camping, hunting, fishing, exploring and photography are what drives me.
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2010, 12:17:00 PM »
Quote from: RWM
I got a bit scared when I looked in the mirror last Thursday night. I seen something that scared me for sure inside my jaw. It felt tender to the touch, but was a hard knot about the size of a pea. Oh well, I woke up Friday morning, put a pinch in and went on with life. Got to work and sat down at my desk - fired up the computer and thought about that little sore knot. I hit the internet and looked at plenty more pics that further induced fear. I then thought about my children. I want to be there for them as my Dad has been for me. Who am I to selfishly steal their dad away from them. My mind drifted to a very dear friend of mine who lost his life in Afganistan in mid June. At his funeral I was an absolute wreck. He fortunately hadn't married and didn't have children, but he did have a nephew that he was quite close to. I started thinking about that little boys pain and recognizing that I had a little boy about the same age at home and if I died he would go through that terrible pain. The difference would be unlike my friend who died a hero for our nation, I would die a retarded idiot for commiting suicide one dip at a time. So, the dip came out and a brand new can (missing only that one dip) went in the trash. It WAS -IS- and WILL BE the LAST can! Last night I read a post about a gentleman who had died. The story was so similar to what mine could have been. Leaving children to mourn for my selfish act. It broke my heart when I thought about it on day 6, and I am not ashamed to say I cried - knowing that I have been doing the same thing to my family as Tom had. I am so glad that story was posted on here and every newbie needs to check out everything they can on this site. I know that at 7 days quit I have a long way to go, and my body certainly has a long way to go before I am "out of the woods", but that crap has lost its control over me. I am QUIT. I am quit for my kids, for my wife, for Tom (who was in the story that killed me over last night) but I QUIT for Denny!!!
Denny - welcome to the quit. I would recommend going to the dentist and getting checked out. Read everything you can, drink lots of water, exercise, and find your group and post your commit. THEN keep your word. You post everyday in the morning that you will not dip for that day. THEN don't break your word.

Get contact info from folks here, and your group. Get connected. I would assume you will be in the NOV group. Find it and post up. If you need help, leave a message back here and someone will respond.

Rob
I second the trip to the Dr.
Glad your quit make sure to post roll every day. I also quit with Denny.
Proud to be a future Oct HOF - COCKS RULE
During this hard quit I am 100% sure that a blowjob is the best cure for a craving.

Offline RWM

• Quitter
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2010, 11:05:00 AM »

Rob
Quit Date: 6/14/10 Hof Date: 9/21/10

My HOF Speech

Philippians 4:6 - Don?t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.

Offline DoneDippingDenny

• Quitter
Verses for the coming week!
« on: July 29, 2010, 10:38:00 AM »
Stay Alive! Stay Quit!!!