Author Topic: Verses for the coming week!  (Read 2380 times)

Offline DoneDippingDenny

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Verses for the coming week!
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2010, 01:42:00 PM »
thank you all for the encouragement. I had a bad time for a few hours, but it's clearer now.
I guess I'll have some times, but oh yeah... SHE's gonna die for sure. If I don't kill the nic she'll kill me
Stay Alive! Stay Quit!!!

Offline john101477

• Quitter
    • www.northerncalimages.com
  • Interests: I am an outdoor nut. I spend more time in the middle of nowhere than anyone I know. Camping, hunting, fishing, exploring and photography are what drives me.
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2010, 11:47:00 AM »
Is that bitch playin games in your head man? That's just fucked up but you know what's awesome? The fact that you have gone this long without and really do not need it. It's just that bitch playin games in your head and we know you can kick her ass. Keep with it buddy.
Proud to be a future Oct HOF - COCKS RULE
During this hard quit I am 100% sure that a blowjob is the best cure for a craving.

Offline RWM

• Quitter
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2010, 10:46:00 AM »
Quote from: Seth
Deep breathing and prayer is helpful for me. I know you want it to be over with, I do to. Unfortunately, Redtrain is right. Clearing out thousands of days worth of poisons isn't going to happen in a few weeks. Keep your chin up and focus on your quit. You do this right and it will only happen once.
It helped me in the deep fog to get exercise. Sweat the bitch out. She doesn't like that. I think it's because exercise is healthy and she is not. So go for a jog/run and sweat. This was also my time to sing, pray and talk to myself (things like - be pissed at the dip, no dip, control the rage, burn the rage off)...

As others have said, drink fluids (juice, water) and keep the faith. Good news it should clear up a bit in a few days. Bad news I'm in day 52 and have hit fog periods 3-4 different times. Just learn to deal with them, then it gets better.

Your doing great tripple D.
Quit Date: 6/14/10 Hof Date: 9/21/10

My HOF Speech

Philippians 4:6 - Don?t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.

Offline TonyC

• Quitter
  • Interests: Family, Golf, Guns and that is basically it.
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2010, 10:43:00 AM »
15 push ups every time you get a craving.......not only will you be quit and a HOF'er at the end of 100 days but you will have guns (biceps) and 6 pack abs as an added bonus.....DO NOT QUIT....i am day nine and have dipped for 30 years...you can do it man!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Seth

• Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2010, 10:39:00 AM »
Deep breathing and prayer is helpful for me. I know you want it to be over with, I do to. Unfortunately, Redtrain is right. Clearing out thousands of days worth of poisons isn't going to happen in a few weeks. Keep your chin up and focus on your quit. You do this right and it will only happen once.
The product is worth the process.

Offline redtrain14

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Family, hunting, fishing, running, mountain biking, swimming, building shit, and anything else that sounds like fun.
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2010, 10:31:00 AM »
Hang in there 3D. You poisoned yourself for a very long time, it will not go away in 13 days.

The hills and valleys will get smoother and farther apart....you just have to trust and stick with it.

Offline copenhaten

• Quit King
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2010, 10:16:00 AM »
Quote from: DoneDippingDenny
I am on day #13 and have been told several times that I am coming into a fog, and it's gonna catch up with me eventually. All of you pessimistic sum-b's are right. I feel very blah today. Didn't want to get out of bed, didn't want to get to work, don't want to be at work and don't want to talk to anyone. I get tense really quickly and just don't feel well. I have kind of a hovering headache. Not a bad one, but it's there just the same. I read though stuff on here and get pissed, I am just not happy and that's pretty unlike me. Just kind of hate the world right now. But, there's a brighter day coming. Here's to hoping my tomorrow is better than my today. But, today I am quit.
Stay strong brother..I had days like that and there will be brighter ones!

Offline davenc

• Quitter
    • www.its-s.net
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2010, 10:13:00 AM »
I am on day #13 and have been told several times that I am coming into a fog, and it's gonna catch up with me eventually. All of you pessimistic sum-b's are right. I feel very blah today. Didn't want to get out of bed, didn't want to get to work, don't want to be at work and don't want to talk to anyone. I get tense really quickly and just don't feel well. I have kind of a hovering headache. Not a bad one, but it's there just the same. I read though stuff on here and get pissed, I am just not happy and that's pretty unlike me. Just kind of hate the world right now. But, there's a brighter day coming. Here's to hoping my tomorrow is better than my today. But, today I am quit.
We've just got to hang in there. Drink plenty of water, take tylenol for the headaches, a sleep aid for insomnia if you're having that problem, and maybe take a multivitamin. I'm doing those things and I'm beginning to feel like I can see a light at the end of the tunnel whereas in the beginning I thought I was getting ready to call it a life. My main problems were/are acid reflux and insomnia. But I won't let up and neither will you.

Dave
Quit with extreme prejudice...
My orders say I'm not supposed to know where I'm taking this quit, so I don't! But one look at you and I know its gonna be hot!

QD: 07/28/2010
HOF: 11/04/2010
2nd Floor: 02/12/2011
3rd Floor: 05/23/2011
1 Year: 07/27/2011
4th Floor: 08/31/2011
5th Floor: 12/09/2011
6th Floor: 03/18/2012
7th Floor: 06/26/2012

Offline cmay1

• Quitter
  • Interests: Playing with my girls, being a dad, being a good husband, running, soccer, playing guitar, reading, writing.
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2010, 10:05:00 AM »
TRIPPLE DDDD!

Get pissed at USTobacco for making you feel this way and vow to never give those fuckers another dime.

Write down how you feel right now, and remember it the next time you think about caving or are craving. Vow to never feel this way again.

It helps me to yell at people on the highway on my way in to work. And on my way home. Annonymous yelling is good for the soul, I hear.
"So if EVERYTHING was a trigger then nothing is really a 'trigger'" - MikeA

"panting like a fatopotomus" - Greg5280

"...and then at last my addict friend, you'll see what you've forsaken, when 100 speak the truth, and yet you disagree, then maybe you're mistaken." - SkoalMonster

Offline DoneDippingDenny

• Quitter
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2010, 10:04:00 AM »
Basically I think I am starting my first period.
Stay Alive! Stay Quit!!!

Offline DoneDippingDenny

• Quitter
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2010, 10:02:00 AM »
Stay Alive! Stay Quit!!!

Offline davenc

• Quitter
    • www.its-s.net
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2010, 07:43:00 AM »
Quote from: Greg5280
The Quote from Pulp Fiction works nicely also.....

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you."
Here's two from pulp fiction with my spin on it:

"Dip, motherfucker, did you quit it?"

points gun"Say dip again. Say dip again, I dare you, I double dare you motherfucker, say dip one more god damn time!"

Dave
Quit with extreme prejudice...
My orders say I'm not supposed to know where I'm taking this quit, so I don't! But one look at you and I know its gonna be hot!

QD: 07/28/2010
HOF: 11/04/2010
2nd Floor: 02/12/2011
3rd Floor: 05/23/2011
1 Year: 07/27/2011
4th Floor: 08/31/2011
5th Floor: 12/09/2011
6th Floor: 03/18/2012
7th Floor: 06/26/2012

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
  • Quit Date: 10-30-2009
  • Interests: Golf, Running, Cycling, Being outside, Spending time with my family. Quitting and helping newbies.
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2010, 05:24:00 PM »
The Quote from Pulp Fiction works nicely also.....

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you."

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
  • Quit Date: 10-30-2009
  • Interests: Golf, Running, Cycling, Being outside, Spending time with my family. Quitting and helping newbies.
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2010, 05:19:00 PM »
Quote from: RagingJew
When it comes to tobacco companies, I prefer Psalm 94:1
I would have to agree. !!! Develop a nice seething hatred for the fuckers that produce it, sell it, market it.... really helps to keep you focused. NEVER AGAIN !!

O LORD, the God of vengeance, O God of vengeance, let your glorious justice shine forth!

Offline Cancrusher

• Quitter
  • Interests: Quit.
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2010, 05:01:00 PM »
Quote from: cmay1
My patron St. is St. Francis de Sales - this is a prayer I keep in the visor of my car that he wrote. Hope it is helpful to you guys as well. Thanks Tripple D -

"My God, I give you this day. I offer you, now, all of the good that I shall do and I promise to accept, for love of you, all of the difficulty that I shall meet. Help me to conduct myself during this day in a manner pleasing to you. Amen."
This really hit home for me. Thanks for posting this! This is more or less the prayer I've been trying to pray, It looks like someone else has already said it perfectly.
My Day 1 | 5/19/2010

PLAY STUPID GAMES, WIN STUPID PRIZES.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.