Author Topic: John=quitter  (Read 3984 times)

Offline Phil16

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: John=quitter
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2012, 11:02:00 PM »
Good talking to you earlier - stay quit!

She made three weak attempts at me. Stay quit we did, JW1977!
"That's really tough man, but it doesn't sound like a very compelling reason to stick cancer in your face." j2b

Copenhagen, you have chosen the wrong home. Your death will be slow and painful.

Quit: 12/26/2012
HOF: 4/4/2013

Offline J2b

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
    • May 11
  • Quit Date: 01/23/2011
  • Likes Given: 239
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2012, 10:50:00 PM »
Quote from: JW1977
If you two are taking, you have both discovered key 1 to success -   brotherhood.

Accountability is the other key (no less important). That one is easy.

See both of you bad mamajamma's on roll tomorrow!
The problem is not the problem.  The problem is your attitude about the problem.  Do you understand?

Draw Fire

If its too much trouble to post roll call, you could always fuck off.

Quit Group: May 11 3 Balled Quitters

• Quit: 01/23/11

Offline JW1977

• Quitter
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2012, 07:34:00 PM »
"My Balls got Bigger than my Plans for a Magical Quit."

Quit Date: 12.27.12

Offline Skoal Monster

• Quit Pro
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2012, 07:13:00 PM »
headache is totally normal. it'll pass. It is caused by your brain getting more oxygen than it is used to. Thats actually a good thing.

keep it up, it gets easier.

sM
"CLOSE THE DOOR. In my opinion, it?s the single most important step in your final quit. There is one moment, THE moment, when you finally let go and surrender to the quit. After that moment, no temptation will be great enough, no lie persuasive enough to make you commit suicide by using tobacco."

Offline Phil16

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2012, 06:52:00 PM »
I'm going to a hs basketball game. I'm just realizing the trigger of sporting events. We are going to eat, and then to the game...I have my gum packed! I am quit. New year-no chew!
"That's really tough man, but it doesn't sound like a very compelling reason to stick cancer in your face." j2b

Copenhagen, you have chosen the wrong home. Your death will be slow and painful.

Offline kana

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2012, 09:07:00 AM »
Quote from: tazbutane
Quote from: Phil16
My name is John.  I dipped my last yesterday at 815am.  Last night I had an enormous headache, and it's worse this morning.  Here goes day 2.
Welcome John! Stay strong, water and exercise will help the first couple of days. Read the site and get some numbers from your brothers. PM me if you need another number.
do what ever it takes to get through the day. The nic will be out of your system soon. Exercise like a madman, for some reason it really helps. if you need help reach out, and stay involved. post first thing in the morning and keep your word. pm if you need anything. quit and loving it.
we choose our battles.. the battles we do fight, be aware that they have to be, but passion rules? James Hetfield

Offline Tazbutane

• Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: 11/22/12
  • Likes Given: 39
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2012, 08:14:00 AM »
Quote from: Phil16
My name is John. I dipped my last yesterday at 815am. Last night I had an enormous headache, and it's worse this morning. Here goes day 2.
Welcome John! Stay strong, water and exercise will help the first couple of days. Read the site and get some numbers from your brothers. PM me if you need another number.
March 2013 - Mad Men of Quit        
Quit date: 11/22/12          
Sobriety Date: 4/10/2006         
HOF Date 03/02/2013         
Semper Fidelis

Offline ShawnB

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2012, 12:56:00 AM »
Stay strong. Stay close to this site. Read it, you get a craving read it again.
Why choose to fail when success is an option

Offline Phil16

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2012, 12:32:00 AM »
I'm feeling pretty good. Ready to lay down and sleep. Appreciate the advice, I've noticed that reading through this site has been very good for me to grab ahold of courage and strategy. I am quit, like it is my Job. The reality is, that my quit is my only focus. New year, no chew. Thanks for all the support, and modeling. John

Offline 05wrxing

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Deer hunting, motorcycles, football, basketball and most of all my quit and my loving family.
  • Likes Given: 14
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2012, 09:50:00 AM »
Welcome to ktc Phil16. Congratulation's on making the best decision you could ever make. Like gr8white said, the first 3 day's are the hardest but, it does get getter. Just make sure you keep some sunflower seeds, gum, hard candy or fake chew with you as much as you can for when the craving's hit hardest. Stay on the site as much as possible as well, read all you can and then read some more, anything to keep your mind off that evil can. I quit with you today. If you need anything just pm me.
Experience is the name we give to our mistakes." Oscar Wilde

Roll call is not a daily attendance sheet, it is a daily pledge" - Boelker62

QUIT 9-13-21

Offline ffmoofus

• Quitter
  • Interests: Cars, bikes, call of duty, playing with my son.
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2012, 08:41:00 AM »
Keep it going. There is light at the end of the tunnel. Every single one of us here has been down this road before. I started down this road a little over a month ago and I can tell you that this is the best thing I have ever done for myself or for anyone else. Just remember that although you may be doing it for other people besides yourself, you're ultimately doing it for yourself. PM me if you need anything, even if only to chat.

Offline GR8WHITEBUFFALO

• Quitter
  • Interests: Running, hunting, fishing, golfing, wasting away in margaritaville.
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2012, 08:38:00 AM »
Great job John. The first 3 days are the hardest but then it gets better. Remember how bad it is now and use it later in your quit when you have a crave to return. The nic bitch doesn't let go of her slaves very easily but your new found freedom from nicotine is so worth it. You can do it.

Go to the Welcome Center and read up on the hows and whys of what we do here and why it really works. Post your daily pledge and quit day in the April 2013 quit group, early each day.

Reach out to your April quit brothers, they are going through the same things you are each day. Exchange phone numbers so you can lean on each other during the tough times. PM me if you have any questions or whatever.

Welcome to KTC.
Enough is enough. Time to take control back from the nic bitch. My HOF speechGR8WHITEBUFFALO

Offline Phil16

• Quitter
John=quitter
« on: December 27, 2012, 08:27:00 AM »
My name is John. I dipped my last yesterday at 815am. Last night I had an enormous headache, and it's worse this morning. Here goes day 2.