Author Topic: John=quitter  (Read 3991 times)

Offline Phil16

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: John=quitter
« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2013, 10:30:00 AM »
Praise GOD, We made it! No nicotine and had an awesome day with my sons! Couldn't have done it with out all of you:)
"That's really tough man, but it doesn't sound like a very compelling reason to stick cancer in your face." j2b

Copenhagen, you have chosen the wrong home. Your death will be slow and painful.

Quit: 12/26/2012
HOF: 4/4/2013

Offline omahaflyer

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 3 Jan 2013
  • Interests: fish golf baseball
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2013, 09:11:00 AM »
If I feel a crave I will, 1. Pray. 2. Call omahaflyer, kcchief, and j2b. QUOTE] Tough act to follow but I will do my best.
Memorial Stadium

Southeast: "In Commemoration of the men of Nebraska who served and fell in the Nation's Wars."
Southwest: "Not the victory but the action; Not the goal but the game; In the deed the glory."
Northwest: "Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."
Northeast: "Their Lives they held their country's trust; They kept its faith; They died its heroes."

Offline Phil16

• Quitter
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2013, 07:34:00 AM »
Today is day 65. I am quit. The last time I really had a crisis of quit was on day 4. It was the day of a funeral for 3 children who died in a house fire. They were apart of our church, and they fire happened on dec. 22, 2012, my 35th birthday. 4 days later on dec. 26' 2012, I quit Copenhagen. Tomorrow we will bury a mother, father, 12 yo boy and 16 yo girl who were killed last Saturday in a single car accident. Though I did not know them, and they did not attend our church, the children went to our sons school. I also found out that the mothers sister is a long time friend of my parents. The reason is I am sharing this is because last night I went out and spent $20 dollars on Chinese food, and candy from the gas station. I fell asleep watching tv in the basement. While I have always struggled with overheating this was an extreme case, and since I have been quit, there have been a couple incidences similar. Burying my emotions is something I do quite often. Medicating those emotions with food or drugs or both is something I have also done in the past. Nicotine was my go to in those moments. I used to turn to Copenhagen whenever I was feeling sad or frustrated. I know we don't look ahead in our quit, but I'm anxious about how I will deal with this tragedy. I know one thing is for sure...Copenhagen will not make it better, or ease my pain. I give my word, that under no physical or emotional circumstances will I ingest nicotine in any form. If I feel a crave I will, 1. Pray. 2. Call omahaflyer, kcchief, and j2b. 3. Grab my can of jack links shredded beef jerky. You have my word and my plan.
"That's really tough man, but it doesn't sound like a very compelling reason to stick cancer in your face." j2b

Copenhagen, you have chosen the wrong home. Your death will be slow and painful.

Offline Phil16

• Quitter
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2013, 10:08:00 PM »
Todayis day 60. Last night I had a very vivid dip dream. I have decided to quit, nothing will deter me. Copenhagen, you are not welcome in this home. You will die a slow and painful death. Kill the can.

Offline Phil16

• Quitter
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2013, 04:49:00 PM »
Maybe a more clear way to say it is, my wife is no longer my "only" source of accountability. Due to my ninja nature, I literally was lying to everyone in my life on a daily basis because I was living a certain lifestyle and projecting an image that was tobacco free, but was not living it. Of course no one in my life was going to keep accountable, because I wouldn't allow anyone the knowledge that I dipped for reasons of fear and pride. My experience in the last 53 days is this...every time I share my quit with someone, I find my quit getting stronger, and the support from others multiplies.
If your wife is your only source of accountability, you are building a narrow and volatile base of support. My quit has defiantly been a positive in our relationship.

Offline omahaflyer

• Quit Pro
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2013, 09:17:00 AM »
I agree with wt. My fiance has been a source of strength for me. She makes it a point to ask me everyday if I am nic free because she knows the pride I take with my reply. The begining was difficult for her though but you are past that. IMO share all aspects of your life.
Memorial Stadium

Southeast: "In Commemoration of the men of Nebraska who served and fell in the Nation's Wars."
Southwest: "Not the victory but the action; Not the goal but the game; In the deed the glory."
Northwest: "Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."
Northeast: "Their Lives they held their country's trust; They kept its faith; They died its heroes."

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2013, 02:05:00 AM »
Quote from: Phil16
No, we are not. I find the more people I tell, the more I find how supportive people are. A huge fear I had before quitting was what people would think about if they ever found out I chewed. I was a major ninja dipper. I'm realizing that people are excited that I am getting healthier. My accountability partner bought me a steak at day 30 and a ladyi work, who I just recently told said she wanted to celebrate with me at day 100. I love the KTC accountability. It has empowered me to be much more bold and confident with how I view my own health and choices in general. I have found my self being more accountable win other areas of my life. I also realized something in this, my wife is not my accountability, never was and never should be. There are things she just doesn't need to know. She needs to know that I am nic free, period. She doesn't need the drama of my quit. I need to be healthy for her, period. No questions or struggling through with her.
Phil I was also a major ninja dipper and outside of KTC I'm a ninja quitter. My wife is the only person that knows of my addiction or my quit. For the first 50 - 60 days I held her hand every morning and made my personal promise to her just like I did when I posted roll. I tried to spare her from seeing the pain at first till I found that she wanted to help if she could. Anyone that can talk about the experience and pain of quitting with their spouse or partner I encourage it as long as they are willing. My quit has brought my wife and I closer together than any time in our 32 years of marriage.
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline Phil16

• Quitter
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2013, 07:38:00 PM »
No, we are not. I find the more people I tell, the more I find how supportive people are. A huge fear I had before quitting was what people would think about if they ever found out I chewed. I was a major ninja dipper. I'm realizing that people are excited that I am getting healthier. My accountability partner bought me a steak at day 30 and a ladyi work, who I just recently told said she wanted to celebrate with me at day 100. I love the KTC accountability. It has empowered me to be much more bold and confident with how I view my own health and choices in general. I have found my self being more accountable win other areas of my life. I also realized something in this, my wife is not my accountability, never was and never should be. There are things she just doesn't need to know. She needs to know that I am nic free, period. She doesn't need the drama of my quit. I need to be healthy for her, period. No questions or struggling through with her.

Offline omahaflyer

• Quit Pro
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2013, 11:29:00 PM »
Nice touch with the fifty cent pieces. I am going to give plagiarize this. We are not alone in our fight are we ?
Memorial Stadium

Offline Phil16

• Quitter
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2013, 11:14:00 PM »
Today is day 50. Yesterday I went to the bank and got 4 fifty cent pieces. Today I handed them to to people in my life who have supported me over the last 50 days. It was a way to thank them, and also as a reminder that I need them in my life. What things have you done to honor those who have been supporting you through KTC or in your d2d world? I'd be curious to hear from vets and others who may have done something similar....

Offline Phil16

• Quitter
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2013, 09:10:00 AM »
Day 33. I'm so thankful to each of you my KTC brothers! Where would I be with out you? Your accountability and encouragement have saved me not only $35 plus dollars in Copenhagen purchases, you have helped me to claim freedom from an oppressor who had hung around my neck for 22 years. Since you all have supported me, and given me the confidence to know that I can quit, much has changed. It is incalculable. I find new purpose and confidence in daily interactions with friends and family. Thank you for the gift that today I can say I am quit, and I no longer am owned by the oppressor. This morning I watched the Australian open final. To be honest never been a huge tennis fan, but I was greatly impressed by the endurance and perseverance of Novak and the British dude. What a battle, a test of wills. I quit today. With the support of KTC, family and friends, I will break nicotines serve. I will out will and out gut my opponent/oppressor one day at a time. Each time it serves up a monster craving, I will return serve with confidence and courage, until the day that I breath my last, nicotine-free breath. Glory to GoD! May it be said of me, I have run the race and finished well. No turning back, no turning back.

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2013, 12:14:00 AM »
My quit is on day 22. Resolve is high. last week I bought a can of smokey mountain. I noticed that it was something i started scrambling for, and craving. I realized that it was not helping me, rather it was starting a new habit. Im going to move forward, and continue to embrace the suck-no pacifier. Cold turkey.

Copenhagen, you have chose the wrong home. You will die a slow and painful death.
Right on my brother. Keep the train moving. I felt the same way about fake. I thought it was helping me but realized after awhile it wasnt. 22 days is awesome. Keep it up. Need anything pm me anytime.
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline Phil16

• Quitter
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2013, 09:09:00 PM »
My quit is on day 22. Resolve is high. last week I bought a can of smokey mountain. I noticed that it was something i started scrambling for, and craving. I realized that it was not helping me, rather it was starting a new habit. Im going to move forward, and continue to embrace the suck-no pacifier. Cold turkey.

Copenhagen, you have chose the wrong home. You will die a slow and painful death.

Offline kana

• Quitter
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2013, 09:58:00 PM »
Today marks day 15. I'm submitted to the plan. Post roll, mine the site for wisdom and strength, reach out to brothers, go to sleep nic free, wake, repeat. My mindset is starting to wrap around the fact that I will quit one day at a time for the rest of my life. Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why its called the present. My quit has a one day shelf life, it is renewed each morning and consummated throughout the day as each crave is beat to a bloody pulp.

Copenhagen, you have chosen the wrong home. You will die a slow and painful death.
one day at a time and pretty soon your thought process will be different. I mean you just won't think about it as much. It get's so much better each day. just stay focused and reach out when times are tough. we're all here to support you.. Pm if you need anything..peace
we choose our battles.. the battles we do fight, be aware that they have to be, but passion rules? James Hetfield

Offline Phil16

• Quitter
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2013, 08:22:00 PM »
Today marks day 15. I'm submitted to the plan. Post roll, mine the site for wisdom and strength, reach out to brothers, go to sleep nic free, wake, repeat. My mindset is starting to wrap around the fact that I will quit one day at a time for the rest of my life. Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why its called the present. My quit has a one day shelf life, it is renewed each morning and consummated throughout the day as each crave is beat to a bloody pulp.

Copenhagen, you have chosen the wrong home. You will die a slow and painful death.