Author Topic: Now is the time  (Read 3602 times)

Offline Amrmaya2

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-02-11
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Now is the time
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2014, 01:34:00 PM »
Quote from: Minny
I just read your entire intro and just wanted to say that there is some great quit going on here. Stay close to KTC and keep your guard up. Regarding the visit with the dentist: be honest and have them be thorough. Enjoy the feeling when you get a clean bill of health.

+1
Thanks Minny...for the kind words and the avatar!

Heading to dentist shortly...
The revolution is just a t-shirt away - 622 JG style

Offline Minny

• Quitter
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2014, 07:44:00 AM »
I just read your entire intro and just wanted to say that there is some great quit going on here. Stay close to KTC and keep your guard up. Regarding the visit with the dentist: be honest and have them be thorough. Enjoy the feeling when you get a clean bill of health.

+1
Quit Date 7/12/13
HOF Date 10/19/13

My HOF Speech

Offline Grady

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-23
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2014, 07:37:00 AM »
Quote from: Amrmaya2
Day 77-

First trip to the dentist tomorrow since I quit. I'm not terrified for the first time, but I do have a general uneasiness...suppose that's a conditioned response. I know that I'm not desperately looking for a reason to cancel it...so some rewiring seems to have happened.

Fuck tobacco. Fuck addiction.

That is all...622
A, day 77 is awesome, keep the quit! Isn't it funny how when you went to the dentist before you actually tried hiding the fact that you chewed? Well, in my case anyways. My dentist is an enabler. He'll say to me, you'll be fine just move it around.

Be proud man, walk in the joint like you own it and tell the hygienist, I QUIT.

Offline Amrmaya2

• Quitter
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2014, 11:46:00 PM »
Day 77-

First trip to the dentist tomorrow since I quit. I'm not terrified for the first time, but I do have a general uneasiness...suppose that's a conditioned response. I know that I'm not desperately looking for a reason to cancel it...so some rewiring seems to have happened.

Fuck tobacco. Fuck addiction.

That is all...622

Offline Doc Chewfree

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2014-02-06
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2014, 12:51:00 PM »
day 71...

Staying quit...been dealing with nagging craves the past week or so...nothing unbearable, to be sure, more annoying than anything else. I've found myself drawing closer to the site. Over the course of the next few weeks, will begin seeing my quit brothers from May start entering the hall...amazing stuff.

QLFEDD...not the James Gordon way...
Way to be a stud quitter, Bro!
Proud to be experiencing all of these nic-free firsts with you. 5.0714285 ISG is freaking awesome!
I'll save you a seat in HOG!
QLFEDD with you! (and James Gordon if he's for real)
Brave men are honored, rich men are envied, powerful men are feared, but only a man with character is trusted
Quit on Feb. 6, 2014

Offline Amrmaya2

• Quitter
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2014, 11:37:00 PM »
day 71...

Staying quit...been dealing with nagging craves the past week or so...nothing unbearable, to be sure, more annoying than anything else. I've found myself drawing closer to the site. Over the course of the next few weeks, will begin seeing my quit brothers from May start entering the hall...amazing stuff.

QLFEDD...not the James Gordon way...

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2014, 09:24:00 AM »
Quote from: Its_Got2Happen
Quote from: rothstein57
Day 64...

Today is my son's 9th birthday. His first birthday that I will not have a dip in my mouth...then rush to take it out so I can stuff cake in my face...then rush to get another dip in my mouth...you get the point.

Some know that I stopped drinking 3378 days ago, that decision was complicated and difficult, but I know I was nowhere near capable of facing that addiction without the deep soul searching I did before this incredible boy entered my life.

Now I am wrapping up day 64 of freedom from tobacco. I never hid my tobacco use from my kids...I wasn't a ninja dipper...I let that shit define a portion of me. Never again. I quit for me, and me alone...but it would be foolish if me to not realize that quitting is the best gift my son will, hopefully, never know he received.

Like many of us, I live and breathe for my wife and kids...my wife continually tells me how proud she is of my quit. This amazing woman even understood when I explained that this quit is for me...she got it....and thanked me for loving them so much.

The suck sucked. The craves suck. The irritability sucks...but nothing beats the immense pride I feel in making it this far...odaat. I'll confess to sort of enjoying the random nic rage...

So this is a wordy way of saying thanks to all on this site who've been there for me so far and who will be there for me going forward. I'm not going anywhere. I will wake up tomorrow, make my promise to this brotherhood, and celebrate with the most amazing and genuine boy I've ever known...and I'll do it tobacco free.

Whew...that was a lot...feels good.
Great post man. We're all quit with you ODAAT.
Great post Phil and great work on the quit. Over 2 months without the poison. Your mind and body are begining to heal. And it just keeps getting better. It is good to see you update this intro. Dig in man, build that house of quit. This thing is all about accountability.

Happy birthday to your son. I have boys around the same age. My oldest boy turned 9 the month I hit HOF. He knew all about my struggle with dip. He watched me swear to quit dozens of times, only to fail a week later. I will never forget him telling me that he was proud of me. I was stunned and convicted. My 9 year old was "proud of me". Wow, what does one do with that. Well I tucked it away in my heart and used it as motivation to never give up, and never succumb to the addiction.

It is now my mission to do everything in my power to protect my kids from addiction. I will never stop talking about it. I will never stop showing them pictures of what it can lead to.

Quit with you today. Keep it up.

Ryan
Hey I hear you on enjoying the random nic rage. It makes you feel alive.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline Its_Got2Happen

• Quitter
  • Interests: Staying Quit!!
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2014, 05:27:00 AM »
Quote from: rothstein57
Day 64...

Today is my son's 9th birthday. His first birthday that I will not have a dip in my mouth...then rush to take it out so I can stuff cake in my face...then rush to get another dip in my mouth...you get the point.

Some know that I stopped drinking 3378 days ago, that decision was complicated and difficult, but I know I was nowhere near capable of facing that addiction without the deep soul searching I did before this incredible boy entered my life.

Now I am wrapping up day 64 of freedom from tobacco. I never hid my tobacco use from my kids...I wasn't a ninja dipper...I let that shit define a portion of me. Never again. I quit for me, and me alone...but it would be foolish if me to not realize that quitting is the best gift my son will, hopefully, never know he received.

Like many of us, I live and breathe for my wife and kids...my wife continually tells me how proud she is of my quit. This amazing woman even understood when I explained that this quit is for me...she got it....and thanked me for loving them so much.

The suck sucked. The craves suck. The irritability sucks...but nothing beats the immense pride I feel in making it this far...odaat. I'll confess to sort of enjoying the random nic rage...

So this is a wordy way of saying thanks to all on this site who've been there for me so far and who will be there for me going forward. I'm not going anywhere. I will wake up tomorrow, make my promise to this brotherhood, and celebrate with the most amazing and genuine boy I've ever known...and I'll do it tobacco free.

Great post Phil and great work on the quit. Over 2 months without the poison. Your mind and body are begining to heal. And it just keeps getting better. It is good to see you update this intro. Dig in man, build that house of quit. This thing is all about accountability.

Happy birthday to your son. I have boys around the same age. My oldest boy turned 9 the month I hit HOF. He knew all about my struggle with dip. He watched me swear to quit dozens of times, only to fail a week later. I will never forget him telling me that he was proud of me. I was stunned and convicted. My 9 year old was "proud of me". Wow, what does one do with that. Well I tucked it away in my heart and used it as motivation to never give up, and never succumb to the addiction.

It is now my mission to do everything in my power to protect my kids from addiction. I will never stop talking about it. I will never stop showing them pictures of what it can lead to.

Quit with you today. Keep it up.

Ryan

Offline rothstein57

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2014, 03:14:00 AM »
Day 64...

Offline Amrmaya2

• Quitter
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2014, 02:55:00 AM »
Day 64...

Offline Its_Got2Happen

• Quitter
  • Interests: Staying Quit!!
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2014, 05:51:00 AM »
Hey quitter. How about an intro update. You are rocking this quit at 52 days. How are you feeling? Are you 100% roll poster. Are you down with this program? Is day 52 better than day 2? Glad you are winning, tell us about it.

Ryan

Offline Amrmaya2

• Quitter
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2014, 11:11:00 PM »
Day 16...feeling pretty good. Definitely empowering to go over two weeks without the poison. Until finding this site, that was merely a dream. Some fog has lifted, sort of comes in waves, but manageable. Craves seem to ebb and flow, fortunately, none too severe. That could be the mindfuck scarring of the suck, but I'll go with it.

The interactions with jaydubya, golfpro9696, and Paul S have really helped with maintaining focus.

Rock it out Mayhem...stay quit.

Offline Krusty

• Quitter
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2014, 04:47:00 PM »
Quote from: slug.go
Day 7 and hanging in there. The site has been an incredible help. Jaydubya and golfpro have been especially helpful.

Rock it out folks! Stayin quit...
Amr, you're walking the walk, congrats!
There's a sneaky quit rising through the ranks of Mayhem -- love it! Keep it up Amr -- you're a step closer to clarity. Quit with you today.

Offline slug.go

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/23/14
  • Interests: Family, motorcycles, all sports, hunting, fishing, guns
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2014, 01:03:00 PM »
Day 7 and hanging in there. The site has been an incredible help. Jaydubya and golfpro have been especially helpful.

Rock it out folks! Stayin quit...
Amr, you're walking the walk, congrats!
Quit since 1/23/14

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2014, 12:09:00 PM »

I no longer wish to be controlled by a plant. I can and will do this....but not alone.

Folks, in all honesty, I'm terrified...yet resolved. I intend to lean on this group for support.
I just wanted to let you know this part of your intro struck a chord with me. 88 days ago I remember feeling terrified and depressed about giving up my best friend and constant companion. I went 12 days by myself and knew I was never going to make it on my own. I moved way out of my comfort zone and joined this community and can tell you without a doubt it has changed my life. You will find in time that quitting dip is just the beginning of a lot of changes. Just keep posting roll everyday and making friends. One day at a time. Just let it come to you. You are doing this. 'oh yeah'