Author Topic: Now is the time  (Read 3601 times)

Offline Amrmaya2

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-02-11
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Now is the time
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2014, 02:42:00 AM »
Day 7 and hanging in there. The site has been an incredible help. Jaydubya and golfpro have been especially helpful.

Rock it out folks! Stayin quit...
The revolution is just a t-shirt away - 622 JG style

Offline slug.go

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/23/14
  • Interests: Family, motorcycles, all sports, hunting, fishing, guns
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2014, 03:19:00 PM »
Quote from: 2Times
So which HOF group do I join - today is day 1 for me.
May 2014, but start your own introduction thread if you haven't already.
Quit since 1/23/14

Offline 2Times

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2014, 03:18:00 PM »
So which HOF group do I join - today is day 1 for me.

Offline JayDubya

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2013-09-11
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2014, 02:54:00 PM »
He is on roll - May 14. 'oh yeah'

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2014, 09:02:00 AM »
How many people have to tell you to post roll before you get serious? There is a reason that everyone keeps telling you the same thing.
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline Menace

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2014, 08:27:00 AM »
Welcome to KTC and the best decision you have made since turning 16 years old. The first few days will be rough and we call that the "SUCK" and it has that name for a reason. Embrace the SUCK it will be motivation for later when that little Nic bitch comes whispering in you ear. Let's do this friend, I too made my Quit at 40 years old the end of last year after dipping since I was 15 years old, 85 days into my quit now. The freedom from that damn little can is worth it. You are an addict like all of us on here but we can and will win if you follow the KTC plan. Post Roll with your May group and start stomping the Nic bitch in the guts. Get some gum, fireballs, toothpicks, water, seeds and whatever else you will need at the start. Give me a shout if you need anything!
Menace

I'm a Quitter, Are You?

Offline lovethelip

• Quitter
  • Interests: Swim, Run, Bike. Hike. Sail. Paddle. Fish. Golf. Dive.
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2014, 07:34:00 AM »
One day at a time - sometimes one hour at a time. Cravings can be brutal, but thankfully short lived. I find the story and pics on Outdoor Texan to be particularly useful whenever I begin to doubt my quit: http://outdoortexan.com/mycancer.htm
If you consider yourself weak-willed or powerless, today is as good as any to challenge that self image. Every human being is a source of undeniable strength and will. It is not about developing it - it is about finding it,

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2014, 06:41:00 AM »
Post roll with May 2014.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline Its_Got2Happen

• Quitter
  • Interests: Staying Quit!!
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2014, 06:08:00 AM »
Hey Maya. Dont be a drive by man. You can do this. You are in for a tough ride. The first few weeks really suck, but the freedom is so worth it. Buckle in and get your ass on this site as much as possible. You must learn about your adversary.

You can do this.

Offline waketech

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2014, 05:10:00 AM »
Man you don't love chew you think you do but you don't..The shit gave you a cancer scare and you still put in a big fatty. You my friend are an addict and because of this you need help. Post roll every day with you promise not to use nicotine for the day. Wake up the next day and repeat. You need to dig deep and find out why your really here.? This isn't a cute little blog site for you post another attempt.. This is the real deal, this is a fight, maybe even for your life. This site is for quitters. So post up and lets do this. You didn't come here by accident. I will quit with you but you need to do it our way because there is no room for weaknes sin a quit!

Offline majorhunting

• Quitter
  • Interests: Hunting & Fishing
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2014, 03:22:00 AM »
Quote from: Amrmaya2
As I stumbled across this site, reveling in a thankfully negative oral cancer screening, something keeps ringing in my head. My dentist almost sounded surprised that I came back negative. That stung me in a way I've never experienced. I don't think he wanted me to get cancer, surely he didn't. What stung was how foolish this awful habit makes me feel.

I read thru the page and this group seems...comfortable. So...on with a poorly written intro...

I'm 40 as of about a month ago. I've chewed every single day since 16. Never missed a day. Thru marriage, children, losing parents and jobs...this disgusting can has always been by my side. Stinky cup/bottle in tow. Chewing has been a companion, a release, and, ultimately, my nemesis. I love it and I hate it.

I'm working tonight...found this site with a gigantic chew in my mouth that I was barely enjoying anyway. When I sent my registration, I walked to the restroom, threw the can away,spit out my last chew, and am prepared for the inevitably difficult day that awaits me.

I no longer wish to be controlled by a plant. I can and will do this....but not alone.

Folks, in all honesty, I'm terrified...yet resolved. I intend to lean on this group for support.

Wow...that's a wordy intro...
Welcome!

I know how you feel with the fear. I would say one of the more emotional decisions I have made. Everyone on this forum is here to support you with your quit, as well as you are here to support others. It's a group effort. Get in on your quit group and post roll every day. I am at day 86. Remember One Day At A Time. It's going to be work and will be stressful. But, you have this site and others to guide you in the path to freedom. If you have any questions PM me and I will do my best to help. There are also no dip discussion boards to assist you in just bs'ing with some guys and gals about whatever. Use everyone and everything here to help and reach out when you need it. You have already completed the first step in reaching out and continue to do so for the rest of your quit. So once again, welcome and you got this.
Martin

Quit Date-11/18/2013
HOF Date-2/25/2014

Offline jd83

• Quitter
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2014, 02:01:00 AM »
You can do it. Every time you think about grabbing a dip think about what your last dip was like. Did you really need it? Did it give you that feeling that made all of us here addicts years ago? For me the answer is no. I didn't need the last one, I didn't feel a damned thing because of my tolerance, and I sure as hell don't need another one. Good job quitting brother.

Offline Amrmaya2

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-02-11
Now is the time
« on: February 11, 2014, 01:50:00 AM »
As I stumbled across this site, reveling in a thankfully negative oral cancer screening, something keeps ringing in my head. My dentist almost sounded surprised that I came back negative. That stung me in a way I've never experienced. I don't think he wanted me to get cancer, surely he didn't. What stung was how foolish this awful habit makes me feel.

I read thru the page and this group seems...comfortable. So...on with a poorly written intro...

I'm 40 as of about a month ago. I've chewed every single day since 16. Never missed a day. Thru marriage, children, losing parents and jobs...this disgusting can has always been by my side. Stinky cup/bottle in tow. Chewing has been a companion, a release, and, ultimately, my nemesis. I love it and I hate it.

I'm working tonight...found this site with a gigantic chew in my mouth that I was barely enjoying anyway. When I sent my registration, I walked to the restroom, threw the can away,spit out my last chew, and am prepared for the inevitably difficult day that awaits me.

I no longer wish to be controlled by a plant. I can and will do this....but not alone.

Folks, in all honesty, I'm terrified...yet resolved. I intend to lean on this group for support.

Wow...that's a wordy intro...
The revolution is just a t-shirt away - 622 JG style