Author Topic: New Quitter  (Read 3430 times)

Offline JACK FROG

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-08-21
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: New Quitter
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2014, 10:48:00 AM »
Embracing "The Suck" of the first 10 days big time today. I've had a headache all day and my body I can tell is reacting. Hanging in there and WILL NOT cave!

Offline Steakbomb18

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/13/2013
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2014, 02:16:00 PM »
Quote from: Heisenberg
Quote from: JACK
Struggling today on Day 3 - I'm feeling the last of the Nic Bitch leaving my body, plus my wife is in a "fantastic" mood this morning. Hope this gets better.
Day 3-4 were the worse for me. Keep yourself busy. Call your quit buddies. Most importantly, knock out any thoughts of caving that come into your mind immediately. Hit the gym, run, bike do whatever it takes to exhaust your mind and body. You can do this. Send me a PM if you need some digits. I quit with you today bro.
All the while your racking up these +1 victories, writing down triggers, journaling your quit, and building brotherhood within your quit group (all great ways to start off your quit), ...don't forget to do one thing while you're in this initial phase. Embrace it. This may sound bizarre or counter intuitive, but you need to embrace the suck. Welcome the suck of quitting these first few days and lock it in your memory forever. Never forget how fucking miserable it is to quit nicotine.

Why do we do this? To vow to yourself never to go through that suck again. When you quit nicotine, you don't stop doing it for a while ...you quit. Don't ever forget how miserable it is / was to go through the first few days of nicotine withdrawal. When that fog clears and you come out on the other side, yes it will get easier, and the gratification of being nicotine free will take over. But never forget...and promise yourself never to go there again. How do you achieve that? Post roll and quit one day at a time.
Certified Grade A Badass

Offline Heisenberg

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-08-14
  • Interests: Mountain Bikes, Hunting and fishing.
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2014, 10:56:00 AM »
Struggling today on Day 3 - I'm feeling the last of the Nic Bitch leaving my body, plus my wife is in a "fantastic" mood this morning. Hope this gets better.
Day 3-4 were the worse for me. Keep yourself busy. Call your quit buddies. Most importantly, knock out any thoughts of caving that come into your mind immediately. Hit the gym, run, bike do whatever it takes to exhaust your mind and body. You can do this. Send me a PM if you need some digits. I quit with you today bro.

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2014, 10:49:00 AM »
It will.

You used for 8 years (give or take). That's 2,920 days. You've been quit for 4. That's one tenth of one percent that you used the stuff. And, while it's probably not been the best physically for you, it will get better.

Drink tons of water. Bitch here. Ask questions. Work out. Read. We quit to enjoy life, but there is a small price to pay for it. Concentrate on the now, and breathe.

You can do this.
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2014, 10:40:00 AM »
Keep plugging away bro. Get out of the house. Go see some sights. Take in a museum. Something different. You're climbing through the shit pipe to freedom.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline JACK FROG

• Quitter
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2014, 10:27:00 AM »

Offline jimthins

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2014-08-04
  • Interests: Fishing, Hunting, Shooting, and Golf.
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2014, 09:21:00 AM »
That's what we're here for man. Keep it up and stay strong!

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2014, 05:50:00 PM »
Picked up on a trigger today - I was at work and something happened that have me anxiety and I felt the urge for one. I wrote down that trigger and will plan accordingly the next time. I broke out into a sweat lol - I also didn't have any gum with me so I will be sure to keep some with me at all times! Doing good!
Great job Frog! That is a win my brother. That is exactly how you do it. Keep it up!
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline JACK FROG

• Quitter
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2014, 05:12:00 PM »
Picked up on a trigger today - I was at work and something happened that have me anxiety and I felt the urge for one. I wrote down that trigger and will plan accordingly the next time. I broke out into a sweat lol - I also didn't have any gum with me so I will be sure to keep some with me at all times! Doing good!

Offline JACK FROG

• Quitter
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2014, 02:15:00 PM »
Originally from Houston but attended TCU for undergrad.

Doing my best to stay strong! Already feeling better about not having that skank ass Nic bitch around.

She will be gone FOR GOOD tomorrow!

Offline tarpon17

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2014, 01:56:00 PM »
Hello Everyone,

My name is Jack and I am officially a part of the Kill The Can Brotherhood. I came upon this site when doing a general internet search on groups for support.

I have been a dipper for 8+ years, and have attempted to quit before but have been unsuccessful. I haven't had the success I was looking for because I feel like I haven't gotten the support I've needed over the years.

My plan of action is to be as active as possible and connect with as many members as possible. I have started reading some of the articles which have been extremely helpful.

Looking forward to the journey, and from what I've seen, I need to take this one day at a time. Because like former AC/DC front man Bon Scott said, "It's a long way to the top, if you wanna Rock N' Roll."

JACK
SOunds like a great plan Jack.

You grow up in Fort Worth? I did too, N. Richland Hills.

Great decision you have made, sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders and are going all in with this. The best way to do it in my opinion.

Keep up the good work, get some phone numbers from the guys in Nov. Need another drop me a PM and I'll share mine. Never know when you'll need it but you know the saying....

tarp

Offline schaef418

• BANNED
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2014, 01:26:00 PM »
Thanks for the support guys - I have talked to some of the guys in my November group and gotten some digits. I've been doing pretty good so far - I was definitely feeling the physical withdrawal yesterday and last night but that has subsided greatly today. I appreciate all the support!
Keep it up. On day 2 great, but still in the fog. Hold tight, it gets a little bumpy, but I promise it will subside and get better. Glad to have you in November14.

Offline JACK FROG

• Quitter
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2014, 11:33:00 AM »
Thanks for the support guys - I have talked to some of the guys in my November group and gotten some digits. I've been doing pretty good so far - I was definitely feeling the physical withdrawal yesterday and last night but that has subsided greatly today. I appreciate all the support!

Offline B-loMatt

• Quitter
  • Interests: Cooking, gameing, music, sports, the outdoors. Spending time with my family is my biggest hobby, I have two little girls who are my number 1 priority (for real now that I kicked nic out of my life)
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2014, 09:30:00 AM »
Great choice to quit! READ EVERYTHING ON KTC!
Learn the way we quit KTC style, learn the plan!
Live the plan!
The plan works!

Offline Gabriel

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-08-05
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2014, 09:29:00 AM »
Jack, congrats on your great decision. Day 2 sucks bad, but you will get through it - hang in there. Honestly Day 3 sucks bad too, but you will get through that also, you have to. It's a matter of life or death. You can do this, and I promise, it does get better. You will never be able to let your guard down for the rest of your life, but you will feel better soon. Proud to quit with you today, brother!