Author Topic: New Quitter  (Read 3431 times)

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: New Quitter
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2014, 08:43:00 AM »
Welcome Jack to Day 2, have you gotten some digits from your quit brothers yet?
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2014, 02:57:00 PM »
Damn! You attracted the heavy hitters. Nice job. Follow their lead and your AC/DC quite and you will rock!

Offline Dagranger

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 06-27-2013
  • Interests: I used to like playing any sport. Now I like coaching any sport. Hiking, camping, biking. I work out a lot but I hate it.
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2014, 02:06:00 PM »
Jack, you've got some good info up there. The first few days are nothing other than a rodeo...Just stay on the fucking bull, and it will calm down after a while. If this time is to be different you have to come to the understanding that you are an addict to nicotine, and it is going to take a whole lot of planning and determination to keep from your drug. Because that is so daunting, we do it one day at a time. You posted up today which is great, fight through the day then when you wake up in the morning do the same. Other than taking the posting of roll serious the other word of advice I can give is the more you put into this site the more you get out of your quit. Most people that cave do not post here daily, so come here post your thoughts, read others and support everyone you can. Good luck!

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2014, 01:55:00 PM »
Quote from: Enough
Welcome Frogman - always liked those Horned Frogs from TCU. Read as much as possible on this site. For me, it was the one thing that kept the nic bitch at bay the first few weeks. There is a ton of funny ass shit in here and humor was the best medicine for my fog. I'm on day 64 after 34 years of poisoning myself. Climb aboard this quit machine and proud to QLF with you every day.
Old ES
Welcome to the land of the living.
You're in the best place to get quit and "be quit".
Post Roll (when your feet hit the floor)
Honor your word (all damn day)
Wake and Repeat.

ODAAT and NAFAR
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline Enough snuff

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 6/19/2014
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2014, 01:32:00 PM »
Welcome Frogman - always liked those Horned Frogs from TCU. Read as much as possible on this site. For me, it was the one thing that kept the nic bitch at bay the first few weeks. There is a ton of funny ass shit in here and humor was the best medicine for my fog. I'm on day 64 after 34 years of poisoning myself. Climb aboard this quit machine and proud to QLF with you every day.
Old ES
"You must do what others don't, to achieve what others won't"  Old Es

Offline Tuco

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 7/27/2014
  • Likes Given: 48
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2014, 11:37:00 AM »
Welcome, JF! Nice to see that you're off to a good start by posting roll first thing. Keep doing that first thing every day. If you're a man of your word, you will quickly gain all of the accountability and support you could ever need to help you in this fight.

Beyond that, buckle your chinstrap, because the next week or so is going to be fairly rough. Prepare yourself with whatever you will need to not put nicotine in your body. Drink plenty of water and keep an unholy stockpile of gum, hard candy, seeds, etc by your side at all times. If you think the fake stuff will help get you over that early hump, by all means go for it. Just be sure to dump out all forms of nicotine if you haven't already.

The best thing you can do while you try and navigate your way out of the early quit fog is to read a ton and start building your network. Exchange digits with your November quit brothers and vets alike. I guarantee that there will come a time in the next few days to few weeks where having someone's digits will mean the difference between staying quit and giving in to a cave.

Offline Idaho Spuds

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: August 18, 2014
  • Interests: Family, Soccer, fishing, hunting, camping
  • Likes Given: 71
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2014, 11:31:00 AM »
Welcome Jack Frog,
Congratulations on your decision. Get ready for a tough battle physically and mentally.
Your fellow quitters and HOFers will be great resources, read, pm, text, stay active.
ODAAT - PM me for digits
Charles

Offline jimthins

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2014-08-04
  • Interests: Fishing, Hunting, Shooting, and Golf.
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2014, 11:23:00 AM »
Hello Jack Frog, and welcome to KTC. You've made the right choice by joining us. I believe I will speak for everyone when I say it has helped me out tremendously. One of the most important things you need to realize is you're not alone. Everyone on this site has the same goal in mind: To be quit. There are plenty of resources available to help you get through this, including all the members. We definitely exercise tough love here. Post roll every day, it should be one of the first things you do. Make that promise to yourself and your brothers. If you can do that, and read through all the articles on here, you will be quit my friend. Glad you have you as a new member of the SCQs of November. Quit on brother!

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2014, 10:31:00 AM »
Congrats on making a great choice! You've taken the first step. Let us help you with the rest. Learn how and why we post roll. Then do it everyday.

Quitting is done ONE DAY AT A TIME. That is all you are promising when you post roll...that you will stay away from nicotine for TODAY. Don't think about tomorrow, next week, next year. We'll deal with them when they get here. ALL THAT MATTERS IS TODAY.

You got this, brother. Go Frogs!

Offline Smeds

• Master of Quit
  • The bluebird can sing, but the crow's got the soul
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 10:29:00 AM »
Welcome JF! Anyone who quotes Bon Scott is probably gonna kill their quit! To that, I say "I tell you folks it's harder than it looks"! That part is true, in the beginning. Flannywho gave some great advice ... and reached out a hand. Grab hold bro. I've sent you a PM as well.

BTW ... nailed Roll on the first try. Let me tell you, that's a feat in and of itself.

Dig your heels in ... and quit strong and proud!
My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Offline Flannywho

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-08-04
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 07:53:00 AM »
Welcome Brother. Appears you have a great attitude about your quit. Now you just have to do it!! Check your inbox. I sent you one about 5 minutes ago with my contact info if you need it. Which you probably will. Gather as many numbers for support as possible. Post roll early and every day. Wake up, piss, post roll. promise to all of your brothers you will not put the shit in your mouth for that day. one day at a time. then do it again the next day. Get involved, hold yourself and others accountable. This is a great site, but the brothers here have one thing on their mind. To hold everyone to their quit. Good luck my friend. Stay strong, stay quit.

Offline JACK FROG

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-08-21
New Quitter
« on: August 21, 2014, 07:03:00 AM »
Hello Everyone,

My name is Jack and I am officially a part of the Kill The Can Brotherhood. I came upon this site when doing a general internet search on groups for support.

I have been a dipper for 8+ years, and have attempted to quit before but have been unsuccessful. I haven't had the success I was looking for because I feel like I haven't gotten the support I've needed over the years.

My plan of action is to be as active as possible and connect with as many members as possible. I have started reading some of the articles which have been extremely helpful.

Looking forward to the journey, and from what I've seen, I need to take this one day at a time. Because like former AC/DC front man Bon Scott said, "It's a long way to the top, if you wanna Rock N' Roll."

JACK