Author Topic: Me, The Quitter  (Read 1696 times)

Offline Buddy Mac

• Quitter
  • Interests: My two daughters and wife, watching all sports, playing golf
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Me, The Quitter
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2012, 09:58:00 PM »
Quote from: Joe
Spent most of the night reading posts on this website. Good stuff. A lot of similar stories out there. Am glad SamCat was there when all of this started and I needed her. Thanks to everyone else who offers their support and digits. I can do this! One day at a time. Here's lookin at you nicotine 'arse'
JOe P

Also I will forgive you for being a SPURS fan.

Go Thunder!!!!!

Buddy Mac
Buddy Mac

Offline Buddy Mac

• Quitter
  • Interests: My two daughters and wife, watching all sports, playing golf
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2012, 09:57:00 PM »
Last night was one of the harder to keep my promise. I actually had a can of copenhagen opened up and smelled it. I wanted to put a pinch in there. But I kept thinking I can't because then I couldn't honestly say I had been free for 4 days. Well, when I thought about it I threw the can all over the ground and kept my word. Unbelievable how hard that was. :)
Joe P

No cans brother. Clean that shit out. Don't go buy one. Get on your computer and PM me or another one of your brothers on this site. Glad you threw it down, but don't have it. PM me and we can trade numbers...

Buddy Mac
Buddy Mac

Offline wiking

• Quitter
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2012, 07:36:00 PM »
Welcome brother!

Offline AgLawyer

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Travelin, hikin, liftin and quittin
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2012, 04:36:00 PM »
With a Spurs avatar I'm assuming you must be in San Antonio. Well hello, neighbor. I live in Boerne and my office is in San Antonio. How about them Spurs? Top seed in the West. Anyway, glad you are here - quitting with all of us - telling UST to fuck off. Shout if you need anything.

Freedom is a good thing.

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2012, 07:59:00 AM »
Spent most of the night reading posts on this website. Good stuff. A lot of similar stories out there. Am glad SamCat was there when all of this started and I needed her. Thanks to everyone else who offers their support and digits. I can do this! One day at a time. Here's lookin at you nicotine 'arse'
It looks like you have started your journey on the right foot. Keep reading. That goes a long way.

Offline Joe P

• Quitter
  • Interests: Golf, Sports in general, Fishing, Family, Winning large sums of money...
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2012, 07:16:00 AM »
I'm not gonna be the guy that changed his ways one day too late...but you can if you want to!

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2012, 08:03:00 PM »
Had the dip dream last night. I kept trying different convenience stores who had copenhagen. All of em kept saying they were out. Craziness! That is the first time I have dreamed of dip or dipping. Hope it's the last.
I had a dip dream last night as well...I went to every convenience store and asked if they sold copenhagen. If they did, I would slam a Gennie Cream on the guy's forehead and piss on his shirt.

Fuckers. All of them.

Offline Joe P

• Quitter
  • Interests: Golf, Sports in general, Fishing, Family, Winning large sums of money...
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2012, 03:10:00 PM »
Had the dip dream last night. I kept trying different convenience stores who had copenhagen. All of em kept saying they were out. Craziness! That is the first time I have dreamed of dip or dipping. Hope it's the last.
I'm not gonna be the guy that changed his ways one day too late...but you can if you want to!

Offline Joe P

• Quitter
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2012, 02:27:00 AM »
Where the hell did the can come from? You think its wise to have a "safety" can around while you're trying to quit? You got numbers?

Before that can got in your hand you should have been on this site asking for help. Did you PM anyone? Did you text anyone? Did you reach out via this introduction?

Come on now. You got to fight if you want this. You got to be proactive. You got to take a stand.

Fight. Plan. Protect.
No nicotine passed my lips. My word was kept. My word is kept. There is no more can.
You got numbers? You talking with folks in your group?
Yes and yes. :)
Spurs man.  looks like it will be the Jazz and Spurs in the first round.  No matter who wins, may the winner never lose to the Lakers!  I know you're with me on this...Let's Go Jazz!  'band'  'chew2'  'chew2'  'chew2'
Completely agree!!! Go SPURS Go!

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-03-14
  • Interests: Living my life and never turning back to the can of lies.
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2012, 02:06:00 AM »
Where the hell did the can come from? You think its wise to have a "safety" can around while you're trying to quit? You got numbers?

Before that can got in your hand you should have been on this site asking for help. Did you PM anyone? Did you text anyone? Did you reach out via this introduction?

Come on now. You got to fight if you want this. You got to be proactive. You got to take a stand.

Fight. Plan. Protect.
No nicotine passed my lips. My word was kept. My word is kept. There is no more can.
Spurs man. looks like it will be the Jazz and Spurs in the first round. No matter who wins, may the winner never lose to the Lakers! I know you're with me on this...Let's Go Jazz! 'band' 'chew2' 'chew2' 'chew2'
Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline Joe P

• Quitter
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2012, 05:58:00 PM »

Fight. Plan. Protect.

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2012, 05:24:00 PM »

Fight. Plan. Protect.

Offline Joe P

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2012, 05:17:00 PM »

Fight. Plan. Protect.

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2012, 05:10:00 PM »
Last night was one of the harder to keep my promise. I actually had a can of copenhagen opened up and smelled it. I wanted to put a pinch in there. But I kept thinking I can't because then I couldn't honestly say I had been free for 4 days. Well, when I thought about it I threw the can all over the ground and kept my word. Unbelievable how hard that was.  :)
Where the hell did the can come from? You think its wise to have a "safety" can around while you're getting quit? You got numbers?

Come on now. You got to fight if you want this. You got to be proactive. You got to take a stand. Plenty of folks to help. Plenty. Every single one of us would pick up a stick and fight for ya. But you got to let us know.

Fight. Plan. Protect.

Offline Joe P

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2012, 05:02:00 PM »
Last night was one of the harder to keep my promise. I actually had a can of copenhagen opened up and smelled it. I wanted to put a pinch in there. But I kept thinking I can't because then I couldn't honestly say I had been free for 4 days. Well, when I thought about it I threw the can all over the ground and kept my word. Unbelievable how hard that was. :)