Author Topic: Meet Minuteofangle  (Read 2992 times)

Offline minuteofangle

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Meet Minuteofangle
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2011, 09:48:00 AM »
500 days ago today, I quit dipping after 24 straight years of daily dipping. Down deep, I really doubted that I could make it, but I thought “What the hell!” I would give it a try anyway. I had never really tried to quit before. After a few days, I was dying for a dip. I'm embarrassed to confess that I dipped coffee grounds, and tore tea bags open and dipped dry tea. I ate EVERYTHING! After about a week, I found this sight while surfing for quit dipping resources. It took a few days but I figured out the whole roll call thing. I stayed on the sight almost constantly for the next 100 days. I was on the site at work, after work, on the weekends, in chat, giving advice to the real newbie’s, 16 hours a day damn near. Then one day, I was a Hall of Famer. I wrote my speech and vowed to continue to post roll because I feared what might happen if I didn’t. Most of the HOFers in my group disappeared never to be heard from again. But me and a few others vowed to post to “200”. I admit that I have missed a few days here and there but I still post roll most days with some hard corp quitting fuckers in September 2010. I still crave nicotine, but I use fake dip to satisfy the cravings. I use much less fake than I did real dip, but I still use it daily. I know that fake is a crutch and I know that I will have to quit that too soon, but for now it keeps me tobacco free. So if that’s what it takes…fine. Over the last 500 days I have reached out to numerous quitters and I would like to think that I have helped a few of them in some small way. So whats next for Minuteofangle? Im not sure. But I believe that I will post “501” tomorrow and see what happens next.

MOA

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Family and friends. Other than that, anything outdoors....motorcycling, shooting, hunting, fishing, racing.
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2011, 08:00:00 AM »
Badass.

Offline minuteofangle

• Quitter
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2011, 06:32:00 PM »
Quote from: Ready
'clap' 'clap' 'clap'

You're HUGE!
Thats what she said!....Thanks all for your continued support.

MOA

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2011, 06:28:00 PM »
'clap' 'clap' 'clap'

You're HUGE!

Offline loot

• BANNED
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2011, 03:56:00 PM »
Congrats MOA

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2011, 03:55:00 PM »
Cheers MOA.

Offline 30yraddict

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Feb 13, 2011
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2011, 12:36:00 PM »
Great job MOA!

Offline miles

• Quit Pro
  • Howdy, I'm Miles and I'm Quit
  • Quit Date: 3/7/2011
  • Interests: My kids, Quitting, Hunting, fishing, motorcycles, MTB, football, racing, baseball, guitar, family, running, Clint Eastwood, Cold Beer, Floating down the river, camping. Atlanta Braves, Atlanta Falcons, Houston Oilers (RIP - Love Ya Blue!)"]["{{}}{{}}][_
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2011, 11:52:00 AM »
Good job on 365 MOA.
I quit with with you all!

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2011, 08:05:00 AM »
Quote from: bnlelliott
Well one, MOA...well done
:)

Offline bnlelliott

• Quitter
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2011, 07:50:00 AM »
Well done, MOA...well done
Brian
May '09

Somebody has to do something, and it's just incredibly pathetic that it has to be us.
-Jerry Garcia

Read My HOF Speech, Maybe It'll Help!

That Decision Has Been Made Today!

Quit Date 2/17/2009
HOF Date 5/27/2009
1 Year 2/16/2010
2 Years 2/16/2011

Offline nicofiend

• Quitter
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2011, 11:18:00 PM »
Congrats on your year minuteofangle! It can be done!! It helps me get the strength and endurance to carry on with my battle with the nic demons!!!

Offline dante

• Quit Pro
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2011, 10:36:00 PM »
Quote from: minuteofangle
Well I have made it past the 1 year mark.  I would never have thought that possible.  I credit every member of the site for helping me along the way.  But mostly Im just a badass!!!  ;)  I continue to post (most) everyday.  I have seen several of my HOF group that disappeared after 100 days return to post a new "DAY 1".  There remain about 10 or 12 in my group that post nearly everyday.  Although the group isnt always exciting, it is home.  I have no plans of going anywhere anytime soon.  I plan to "pay it forward" and continue to strengthen my quit by helping newbies strengthen their own.  I'll see ya'll on the boards.

MOA
Impressive sir. Well done on your year. Know this...you've already helped this noob more than you know. Glad to be quit, glad to know you're there supporting me too!
Quit Date: May 10, 2011

Offline jaygib

• Quitter
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2011, 07:27:00 PM »
Well I have made it past the 1 year mark. I would never have thought that possible. I credit every member of the site for helping me along the way. But mostly Im just a badass!!! ;) I continue to post (most) everyday. I have seen several of my HOF group that disappeared after 100 days return to post a new "DAY 1". There remain about 10 or 12 in my group that post nearly everyday. Although the group isnt always exciting, it is home. I have no plans of going anywhere anytime soon. I plan to "pay it forward" and continue to strengthen my quit by helping newbies strengthen their own. I'll see ya'll on the boards.

MOA
1 year attaboy to you!
Quit January 19, 2011

Everything is permissible for me but not everything is beneficial. Everything is permissible for me but I will not be mastered by anything. 1 Cor 6:12

Offline minuteofangle

• Quitter
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2011, 07:25:00 PM »
Well I have made it past the 1 year mark. I would never have thought that possible. I credit every member of the site for helping me along the way. But mostly Im just a badass!!! ;) I continue to post (most) everyday. I have seen several of my HOF group that disappeared after 100 days return to post a new "DAY 1". There remain about 10 or 12 in my group that post nearly everyday. Although the group isnt always exciting, it is home. I have no plans of going anywhere anytime soon. I plan to "pay it forward" and continue to strengthen my quit by helping newbies strengthen their own. I'll see ya'll on the boards.

MOA

Offline Instigator

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2010, 11:03:00 PM »
Quote from: jakrya
Man, it's ok. I understand, today is my day 30, and I do know where you are comming from. I have not caved, but I cannot blame you because I have come close myself. Just make the promise to yourself and don't let yourself down again.
OK Jackwad....lets get a couple of things straight. First of all, Fuck no I did not cave you fucking dullard. Second, if I had caved it would not be OK, it would be fucking wrong and you should not be supportive to a quit brother that fucks you over and caves. Third, if you have come close to caving as you state then you are a pussy. Because you are a newbie I held back a little. But I fear you better man that quit up a notch or two if you want to keep it.

MOA
Annnnnnd...I believe you have now met Minuteofangle.

:D
The Rozzers--Catching crims and locking them up...in your community