Author Topic: Meet Minuteofangle  (Read 2991 times)

Offline vinoverde

• Likes Given: 0
Re: Meet Minuteofangle
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2010, 10:36:00 PM »
okay i quit in June, so i will join in here. I did skoal for 26 years. Some times more, some less, but aside from getting stuck on an island with no skoal for a week 21 years ago, i cant remember another day i didnt dip. About 2 years ago, i just decided to do once a day. so i would chew only once at nite, sometimes i would chew for an hour or more and repack it a couple times, so i probably got a lot of nic, but i did shock my body around. i used a piece of nicotine gum once and then helped that one day, but i didnt really need it.

this spring i was traveling a lot, out of normal hours and drifted into doing more again. last week, for some reason i started mixing it up, going back to once a day, but at 4 say, instead of at nite. 5 days ago, it was 1130pm and i had not chewed yet, so i thought why bother? the next day, i said lets see what another day feels like,

today is 5 days and i really have had none of the first 3 day problems except lack of sleep, can't sleep more than 4-5 hours a nite, takes a long time to get to bed. that is really not fair as when your tired your willpower is down.

I didnt really plan to quit skoal. i thought i might feel like it once a month or once a week occasionally. that is probably heresy here, right. but i was searching for how long it would take to cleanse the body of nicotine (3 days) and found this site. So, seeing as you'all were quitting completely, i decided to give it a go, on a day by day basis.

So not other problems, made it through some emotional/stress triggers and habit triggers with the help of Bacc-Off. I remember when i first bought Bacc-off thinking of quitting, i dipped some and thought, wtf is this? no buzz? But now i am not expecting the buzz, and it works, in some ways it is a better chew than skoal itself.

good luck everyone, i am doing fine, but i could use some frikkin sleep,

Offline jjms62

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2010, 03:49:00 AM »
Quote from: razd611
Quote from: Ready
Quote from: minuteofangle
I had 1 small dip left on Tuesday June 01, 2010.  It was getting late in the afternoon and I didn't want to go to the store for a new can.  I had the last small dip and fell asleep with it in my mouth.  I woke up and for no particular reason (aside fronm the fact that I have been a slave whore to snuff for the last 24 years) I said to myself that is enough! I will never put that shit in my pie hole again.  On about day 6, I found this site and began reading.  So far I have had suprisingly little difficulty.  Although, I am embarassed to confess that I dipped coffee grains on about day two (A trick I learned in the Marine Corp years ago).  To eliminate the caffeine, I started dipping decaf-tea the next few days.  I feel like a sterno bum but at least it is not tobacco.  I have been quit for a whole week now.  I dipped about a 1/2 can a day for 24 years.  I have never quit for as much as a day in all that time.  I want to live free of the chains of addiction.  I will.
Welcome. Go post roll and be accountable. Read everything you can on this site. Check the links I sent you to understand what posting roll means. If you word of honor means anything, you can do this.

Semper Fi.
I am with you minute. I will not dip today and neither will you.
Rock n' roll. Your word is your bond.

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 07:30:00 PM »
Quote from: Ready
I had 1 small dip left on Tuesday June 01, 2010.  It was getting late in the afternoon and I didn't want to go to the store for a new can.  I had the last small dip and fell asleep with it in my mouth.  I woke up and for no particular reason (aside fronm the fact that I have been a slave whore to snuff for the last 24 years) I said to myself that is enough! I will never put that shit in my pie hole again.  On about day 6, I found this site and began reading.  So far I have had suprisingly little difficulty.  Although, I am embarassed to confess that I dipped coffee grains on about day two (A trick I learned in the Marine Corp years ago).  To eliminate the caffeine, I started dipping decaf-tea the next few days.  I feel like a sterno bum but at least it is not tobacco.  I have been quit for a whole week now.  I dipped about a 1/2 can a day for 24 years.  I have never quit for as much as a day in all that time.  I want to live free of the chains of addiction.  I will.
Welcome. Go post roll and be accountable. Read everything you can on this site. Check the links I sent you to understand what posting roll means. If you word of honor means anything, you can do this.

Semper Fi.
I am with you minute. I will not dip today and neither will you.
Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 06:41:00 PM »
I had 1 small dip left on Tuesday June 01, 2010. It was getting late in the afternoon and I didn't want to go to the store for a new can. I had the last small dip and fell asleep with it in my mouth. I woke up and for no particular reason (aside fronm the fact that I have been a slave whore to snuff for the last 24 years) I said to myself that is enough! I will never put that shit in my pie hole again. On about day 6, I found this site and began reading. So far I have had suprisingly little difficulty. Although, I am embarassed to confess that I dipped coffee grains on about day two (A trick I learned in the Marine Corp years ago). To eliminate the caffeine, I started dipping decaf-tea the next few days. I feel like a sterno bum but at least it is not tobacco. I have been quit for a whole week now. I dipped about a 1/2 can a day for 24 years. I have never quit for as much as a day in all that time. I want to live free of the chains of addiction. I will.

Semper Fi.

Offline minuteofangle

• Quitter
Meet Minuteofangle
« on: June 08, 2010, 06:13:00 PM »
I had 1 small dip left on Tuesday June 01, 2010. It was getting late in the afternoon and I didn't want to go to the store for a new can. I had the last small dip and fell asleep with it in my mouth. I woke up and for no particular reason (aside fronm the fact that I have been a slave whore to snuff for the last 24 years) I said to myself that is enough! I will never put that shit in my pie hole again. On about day 6, I found this site and began reading. So far I have had suprisingly little difficulty. Although, I am embarassed to confess that I dipped coffee grains on about day two (A trick I learned in the Marine Corp years ago). To eliminate the caffeine, I started dipping decaf-tea the next few days. I feel like a sterno bum but at least it is not tobacco. I have been quit for a whole week now. I dipped about a 1/2 can a day for 24 years. I have never quit for as much as a day in all that time. I want to live free of the chains of addiction. I will.