Author Topic: Withdrawal normal?  (Read 3066 times)

Offline andrew33

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-11-12
  • Interests: Rifle and pistol
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Withdrawal normal?
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2015, 08:01:00 AM »
The difference in day 4 and days 1-3 is amazing. Not feeling nearly as dizzy at work or having anxiety. I am overall still feeling depressed and foggy. Couldn't remember how to spell the words transfer and receive lol
"Make yourself sheep and the wolves will eat you." - Benjamin Franklin

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2015, 01:31:00 AM »
Quote from: andrew33
It's beautiful how much that matched my first day off dip. Very reassuring. I just wish this hadn't come from a Michigan fan. Hahah. When I start getting out of this fog and dazed phase I'm gonna get back in the gym hard.
Go back to the gym, NOW.

Exercise is a great anxiety buster and will help occupy your mind and get some positive MOJO going.

Don't wait for the fog to lift. Rise up out of it!

Quit on...
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline andrew33

• Quitter
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2015, 01:27:00 AM »
It's beautiful how much that matched my first day off dip. Very reassuring. I just wish this hadn't come from a Michigan fan. Hahah. When I start getting out of this fog and dazed phase I'm gonna get back in the gym hard.

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2015, 12:31:00 AM »
Quote from: pab1964
Andrew way to go my friend. Great job posting roll! Anxiety is a very common thing when trying to quit! Now let's think about this, 2 cans a day of all kinds of poison going in your body. You stop cold turkey, your body damn near is in shock, all kinds of weird shits gonna go in. Stress causes all kinds of symptoms, look it up. Relax,breath smile, your not dying my friend nothing that most of us haven't been through. Remember quitting has never killed anyone! Quit on my brother! Pm me for my number if you want
I appreciate your words. I'm just concerned that these anxiety episodes might not be from the withdrawals but from not dealing with stress properly. But I had blood work done on Friday and they said i was healthy. So, I'm just going to try and take it easy at work if i can until these symptoms improve.
Anxiety and stress go hand and hand. If you are having problems and are worrying yourself bad enough go get some anxiety meds my friend, there's several guys I've talked to and read about that's using or used anxiety meds! Whatever you do keep this shit out of your mouth! We're all here to help you in anyway we can.
Poster child for anxiety/panic when I quit.

Scariest shit I ever felt. Thought I was dieing, thought I was going to have a heart attack, couldn't breathe, couldn't sleep, couldn't eat, could barely function.

In and out of the doctor I went, convinced it was something other than quitting dip. It jus HAD to be.

Blood tests, nuclear stress tests, ekg's, asthma tests and more. Nothing. I should have been happy that it was nothing, but I wasn't.

Truth was not only had I become addicted to dip /nicotine, I had been using it to deal with stress and anxiety. Once it was taken away...KA BLAM-O. I got socked in the face and was clueless how to fight back.

I didn't want to go back to the can so I ended up seeking help by seeing a counselor and psychiatrist. Counselor helped me just by talking and listening. Pysciatrist helped by prescribing me some meds as an assist to help me out as I learned to live life without my crutch.

I also became HEAVILY reliant on this site. Some of the support I got from the guys on here is stuff you can't find any place else. This place is full of professional quitters.

3-1/2 years later I'm still quit and feel like a champion

Am I saying that this is the road you have to take...nope. Am I sayingthat what you are feeling is not uncommon and all related to your quiting...yep.

It's not always going to be easy but it will always be worth it.

Quit on...
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 248
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2015, 12:15:00 AM »
Anxiety is caused by not getting your nicotine fix. In a few weeks you will wonder why you ever needed nicotine for any reason. Freedom is truly awesome.

I quit with you today.

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2015, 11:40:00 PM »
Andrew way to go my friend. Great job posting roll! Anxiety is a very common thing when trying to quit! Now let's think about this, 2 cans a day of all kinds of poison going in your body. You stop cold turkey, your body damn near is in shock, all kinds of weird shits gonna go in. Stress causes all kinds of symptoms, look it up. Relax,breath smile, your not dying my friend nothing that most of us haven't been through. Remember quitting has never killed anyone! Quit on my brother! Pm me for my number if you want
I appreciate your words. I'm just concerned that these anxiety episodes might not be from the withdrawals but from not dealing with stress properly. But I had blood work done on Friday and they said i was healthy. So, I'm just going to try and take it easy at work if i can until these symptoms improve.
Anxiety and stress go hand and hand. If you are having problems and are worrying yourself bad enough go get some anxiety meds my friend, there's several guys I've talked to and read about that's using or used anxiety meds! Whatever you do keep this shit out of your mouth! We're all here to help you in anyway we can.
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline andrew33

• Quitter
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2015, 11:33:00 PM »

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2015, 11:11:00 PM »
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline andrew33

• Quitter
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2015, 11:02:00 PM »
Got it. Have you ever used any of the dip substitutes like smokey mountain or coffee grinds? I hadn't planned on making it a part off my cold turkey process but now I think it might be smart to have some just in case.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2015, 09:16:00 PM »
I haven't figured out where to go for posting roll or what it is? Some for of accountability system?
forum/55560/

You are in the February 2016 group. This link will explain everything. You will mess roll up for the first day or two or three. Don't worry about it. Someone will fix it. Butbitbis cery very important that you post.

Offline andrew33

• Quitter
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2015, 08:44:00 PM »
I haven't figured out where to go for posting roll or what it is? Some for of accountability system?

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2015, 08:26:00 PM »
I appreciate the input from you guys a lot. I'll try to remember it's normal while at work tomorrow. I quit for about 2 years before but i think the reason it didn't affect me so bad then was because i was younger, in better shape and had almost no stress in my life.
Did you see my note about posting roll???

Offline andrew33

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2015, 07:52:00 PM »
I appreciate the input from you guys a lot. I'll try to remember it's normal while at work tomorrow. I quit for about 2 years before but i think the reason it didn't affect me so bad then was because i was younger, in better shape and had almost no stress in my life.

Offline quark

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-03-23
  • Interests: Biking, swimming, running, reading
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2015, 07:16:00 PM »
Okay. That makes me a feel a little better. The difficult thing about it is that it's been hitting me at work when I'm already dizzy. I've quit dipping before and didn'thave any of this happen. Strange.
You stopped quitting temporarily before, but you didn't quit. If you know you can always go back to dip if things get bad enough, the anxiety isn't so bad. If you have committed yourself to quit forever and are accountable to your group, that's a lot of anxiety. So do what we do: quit one day at a time. Don't think about the forever, just about the right now. Maybe that will help you with the anxiety. Trouble breathing? Sure, that goes along with intense anxiety, maybe even mild panic attacks, hyperventilating. Like someone just said, you just gave up the nicotine equivalent of 6 packs of cigarettes a day. It will get better. It will go away. Be patient. Believe in yourself.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2015, 07:11:00 PM »
Okay. That makes me a feel a little better. The difficult thing about it is that it's been hitting me at work when I'm already dizzy. I've quit dipping before and didn'thave any of this happen. Strange.
Not strange. The first 3 days are sheer hell. You haven't quit before, you stopped. Remember what you are feeling right now.

Dude - think about this... A drug is trying to convincevyouvthat you need it for your lungs to work. I promise you that you do not. It is all lies. Keep doing what you are doing. Some anti anxiety meds might help for a few weeks. Lots of dudes on here use them at first. Nicotine is a wicked bitch but it can be controlled