Author Topic: My handle is like my mind - incomprehensible.  (Read 3220 times)

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
Re: My handle is like my mind - incomprehensible.
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2012, 01:15:00 PM »
Quote from: jrws
I have heard many helpful things today, and I wanna write them here on my desktop's sticky-notes thingy to remind me...

"In the midst of a crave, Forever is not possible...Today is possible." - Another addict
"Life is short and if you're looking for extension, you had best do well. 'Cause there's good deeds and then there's good intentions. They are as far apart as Heaven and Hell." - Ben Harper
"No more" - Souliman
"Nobody Quits Tomorrow; We Can Only Quit Today!" - Keddy signature
"Not Now, Not Today! I am a Quit Man Day by Day. - Mthomas3824 signature

Gratitude abounds.
Cavers find a way to cave. Quitters find a way to quit. ~ 30yr addict

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2012, 10:30:00 AM »
Day 3! Outstanding.

Offline Keddy

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Break the Chains
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2012, 05:30:00 PM »
Quote from: Souliman
Okay bitches...this guy works with me.

JR's a good man and I can literally see his ass from where I sit.
You follow ole Souliman's lead!
He's a bad ass quitter!!

'sos69'

Offline jrws

• Quitter
    • voodoobuddha.net
  • Interests: Snowboarding/snowshoeing, skydiving, fast cars, knives, A/V, smart engineering, squash, DIY electronics, and all kinds of mental/psychic/physical competitions: logic, strategy, endurance, and tactical games.
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2012, 04:32:00 PM »
Quote from: Wt57
jrws
I'm with the rest of these sick minded addicts!!  You got your shit together and if you do what they suggest you will stay quit.  It is time for you to take control of your actions back from the bitch nicotine.  life will get better, It may get worse before it does get better BUT IT WILL GET BETTER!!
Wt57 - Your avatar cracks me up.

It makes me remember (fondly), a goofy early dip experience when I was a tween. That memory makes me think (with some regret) of walking the rural roads of WA picking up discarded butts from the road shoulder and smoking them. Then that makes me remember (with disgust) my first dip experience - I think I was three years-old. A step-dad to be had me at a garage in MT and him and the mechanics thought it would be fun to give me lip of copenhagen.

The best tobacco ever did for me was maybe help me break the ice and get a good lay. I say maybe 'cuz isn't that really a crutch, how many lays did I miss because I didn't have that as an ice breaker. I know I missed an almost sure threesome with some beautiful med students in Sacramento when I lit up. They made it a point to tell me why they were ditching me and what I was missing.

So tobacco didn't really start off all that great for me. And it didn't suddenly become a bad thing. I guess that might be missing in my first intro post, and I want to put this all down so I can laugh about it later, or remember it again if I need to.
I have to earn this signature line - one day of roll at a time

Offline jrws

• Quitter
    • voodoobuddha.net
  • Interests: Snowboarding/snowshoeing, skydiving, fast cars, knives, A/V, smart engineering, squash, DIY electronics, and all kinds of mental/psychic/physical competitions: logic, strategy, endurance, and tactical games.
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2012, 04:15:00 PM »
I have heard many helpful things today, and I wanna write them here on my desktop's sticky-notes thingy to remind me...

"In the midst of a crave, Forever is not possible...Today is possible." - Another addict
"Life is short and if you're looking for extension, you had best do well. 'Cause there's good deeds and then there's good intentions. They are as far apart as Heaven and Hell." - Ben Harper
"No more" - Souliman
"Nobody Quits Tomorrow; We Can Only Quit Today!" - Keddy signature
"Not Now, Not Today! I am a Quit Man Day by Day. - Mthomas3824 signature

Gratitude abounds.

Offline jrws

• Quitter
    • voodoobuddha.net
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2012, 04:08:00 PM »
Quote from: CMH17

'rem' You mean like this????
Yeah, but I save my stinky farts for when he tries that crap.

Offline CMH17

• Quitter
  • Interests: Chicago Bears Football, Golfing, Watching my girls play softball.
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2012, 03:33:00 PM »

'rem' You mean like this????
Commit to the Quit.....Not to the shit!!!!

Quit Date 2/7/12 - 12:41 pm
HOF Date 5/16/12
2nd Floor 8/28/12

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2012, 03:26:00 PM »

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2012, 03:01:00 PM »
jrws
I'm with the rest of these sick minded addicts!! You got your shit together and if you do what they suggest you will stay quit. It is time for you to take control of your actions back from the bitch nicotine. life will get better, It may get worse before it does get better BUT IT WILL GET BETTER!!
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline Keddy

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Break the Chains
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2012, 01:46:00 PM »
Hey jrws,

Congrats on your decision to quit. Admitting you're an addict is a major step in the right direction.

The first days of quitting suck. There's no way around that.
But, believe me, the freedom is incredible and you're life is worth the fight!

Get connected with the August 2012 Quitters; Stop by the chat room; Read everything
you can (killthecan.org).

Most importantly, post roll early each day, making your promise to the group that you
will not touch nic that day. Repeat the process the next day. You'll be amazed at how
quickly the quit days go by.

If you need anything, just shout!

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-03-14
  • Interests: Living my life and never turning back to the can of lies.
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 01:21:00 PM »
Quote from: jrws
I have been using tobacco most of my life. I never thought it would be an addiction for me. As I grew up a bit, several things got ahold of my mind, body, and soul and pulled me away from the track I really wanted to be on. And I would pick up tobacco and put it down, it never seemed to be in that class of "substances" that could enslave me that way. A little over a year ago, I started using nicotine almost every day. If I felt stressed out, I would go have a smoke or pop a snus in my lip. Pretty soon that was at least 5 times a day I "HAD" to have mine, if not more. I started doing things I didn't want to do. Now nicotine has me doing shit that is not what I want for myself or in my life, on the daily. There is a lot of variety in the severity of those things and their effect on my life, from the nominal to the stupid to the downright low-bottom asshole kind of shit: and if you add them all up, it is a staggering amount of loss. I am a slave to this poison. I know you can not control many things in life, but this is a plant. It has to be planted, grown, harvested, manufactured, packaged, delivered, purchased, and then USED before it is a factor in my life.

Yesterday I chose not to USE any tobacco or nicotine. Last night I slept for about two hours, starting when the birds started chirping. I woke up pretty much soaked through with sweat. Now I am tired and not clear and sharp or compassionate, and I really need to be all of that today. My balls probably smell like vinegar. I am restless and irritable. I keep thinking, now is not the time to quit: "Just have a little bit, and this crap will go away, and you can quit later." So I am adding to my list of things I do not want in my life:
I do not want to be a slave to nicotine.
I do not want to start my quit "later".
I do not want to hear that inner-addict's thought and think that is my ideal self trying to do the right thing.
It does not matter what rational arguments go through my head, because that is the addict in me trying to pull me off the rails again. I quit yesterday, and I am going to stay quit today. That is me.

Nice to meet you all.
'chew2' 'welcome' 'oh yeah'

SOLD!!!

Ladies and Gentlemen I think we have a real quitter here! JRWS, If I had to put a team together and recruit newbies to fight. I would pick you after this post!

Nicely done. Keep posting, this helps quitters get quit crazy!!!

I am quit with you today.

You are breaking the shackles that bind your spirit. (Its going to hurt)
Why would anyone want to quit later? You saw the light and are fucking Quit NOW!!!
You can become the ideal self. Dismiss the evil call out of self doubt.
You're on the track, take it day by day. Know it is a lot of work but only worry about your work load today.

Any newbies out there. I have watched people come and people go. If newbies were stock. I would invest JRWS. (Buy now!) This stock has promises of great ROI.

His whole statement rings with "I am calling the shots and I want to quit"

My observation: He didn't quit because he was afraid to get cancer, or because his family, work or logic told him to. (All of which are great motivators and not to be discredited) At the core, he quit because HE didn't want to be a slave. HE didn't want to let it control him and HE realized HE didn't like it. That is the hint of why I invest in his quit. True quitters at the core quit simply because they realize they hate tobacco and don't want it in their life anymore.
Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline jrws

• Quitter
    • voodoobuddha.net
My handle is like my mind - incomprehensible.
« on: May 16, 2012, 12:56:00 PM »
I have been using tobacco most of my life. I never thought it would be an addiction for me. As I grew up a bit, several things got ahold of my mind, body, and soul and pulled me away from the track I really wanted to be on. And I would pick up tobacco and put it down, it never seemed to be in that class of "substances" that could enslave me that way. A little over a year ago, I started using nicotine almost every day. If I felt stressed out, I would go have a smoke or pop a snus in my lip. Pretty soon that was at least 5 times a day I "HAD" to have mine, if not more. I started doing things I didn't want to do. Now nicotine has me doing shit that is not what I want for myself or in my life, on the daily. There is a lot of variety in the severity of those things and their effect on my life, from the nominal to the stupid to the downright low-bottom asshole kind of shit: and if you add them all up, it is a staggering amount of loss. I am a slave to this poison. I know you can not control many things in life, but this is a plant. It has to be planted, grown, harvested, manufactured, packaged, delivered, purchased, and then USED before it is a factor in my life.

Yesterday I chose not to USE any tobacco or nicotine. Last night I slept for about two hours, starting when the birds started chirping. I woke up pretty much soaked through with sweat. Now I am tired and not clear and sharp or compassionate, and I really need to be all of that today. My balls probably smell like vinegar. I am restless and irritable. I keep thinking, now is not the time to quit: "Just have a little bit, and this crap will go away, and you can quit later." So I am adding to my list of things I do not want in my life:
I do not want to be a slave to nicotine.
I do not want to start my quit "later".
I do not want to hear that inner-addict's thought and think that is my ideal self trying to do the right thing.
It does not matter what rational arguments go through my head, because that is the addict in me trying to pull me off the rails again. I quit yesterday, and I am going to stay quit today. That is me.

Nice to meet you all.