Author Topic: Proud to be a quitter  (Read 1520 times)

Offline ChristopherJ

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: Sept 17, 2014
  • Interests: Travel, music, sports, art,
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Proud to be a quitter
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2015, 01:00:00 PM »
Chillin,

Congrats on 300! Proud to be quit with you on the third floor.

CJ
Don't be afraid.  You are not alone.

Offline ChristopherJ

• Quit Pro
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2015, 06:20:00 AM »
Chillin,

Congrats on 150! You are halfway tot he second floor. Proud to be quit with you.

CJ

Offline Candoit

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • The Candy Man
  • Quit Date: Today
  • Likes Given: 121
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2014, 10:04:00 PM »
Quote from: visamoht
Quote from: chillin-n-grillin
I have a hard time asking for help
My two cents.

If you could quit this alone, you wouldn't be here. I suggest you learn quick. Also, reach out to help others as well. Protect your quit at all costs, but we are about Brotherhood, not toughing it out alone.
I hear you. I'm breaking down the wall and joining this awesome brotherhood!! Feels good
Spread your quit wings, check out other quit groups and other forums. Go to chat, use all the tools. Most of all, share what you know, take what you need, and leave the rest.
^Follow that advice. I just have started reading the beginning posts in my group from the older members, that is some good reading. Learn about those around you as well as yourself. Enjoy the journey.
There are no circumstances in which using nicotine will improve the outcome.

My journey. The best part it is not over yet.

Offline visamoht

• Quit King
  • Interests: My kids<br>Anything basketball<br>Figuring out how to retire early
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2014, 07:00:00 PM »
My two cents.

If you could quit this alone, you wouldn't be here. I suggest you learn quick. Also, reach out to help others as well. Protect your quit at all costs, but we are about Brotherhood, not toughing it out alone.
I hear you. I'm breaking down the wall and joining this awesome brotherhood!! Feels good
Spread your quit wings, check out other quit groups and other forums. Go to chat, use all the tools. Most of all, share what you know, take what you need, and leave the rest.
Stay close, stay strong, stay quit!
QD - 02.24.08 / HOF - 06.02.08 / COMMA - 11.19.10
Intro

Offline chillin-n-grillin

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-10-03
  • Interests: hunting, fishing, grilling, cold beer, family
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2014, 05:33:00 PM »
My two cents.

Offline visamoht

• Quit King
  • Interests: My kids<br>Anything basketball<br>Figuring out how to retire early
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2014, 03:06:00 PM »
My two cents.

Stay close, stay strong, stay quit!
QD - 02.24.08 / HOF - 06.02.08 / COMMA - 11.19.10
Intro

• Quitter
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2014, 03:01:00 PM »
Quote from: jeeptruck
Quote from: ChristopherJ
Chillin,

You definitiely came to the right place for the support. We have all been where you are right now and accept that we cant do it on our own. You have made a huge and difficult step. Me - I was too self-centered to ask anyone for help - and it has been a challenge to reach out to people here. But give it a try, it can really help. Feel free to PM me for digits,

Chris
Chillin, what is it exactly your grilling? if its not tofu, im down to help you eat it.

stay quit man, don't forget whats at stake
You won't find any tofu on my grill!! I'm all carnivore! If it has feathers, fins , or fur its likely to have been on my grill! Your welcome to join me anytime Brother!

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2014, 02:57:00 PM »
Chillin,

You definitiely came to the right place for the support. We have all been where you are right now and accept that we cant do it on our own. You have made a huge and difficult step. Me - I was too self-centered to ask anyone for help - and it has been a challenge to reach out to people here. But give it a try, it can really help. Feel free to PM me for digits,

Chris
Thanks for reaching out to help me, much appreciated! I have a hard time asking for help as well, but I'm ready to beat this nic-bitch down!

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2014, 02:50:00 PM »
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
Welcome chillin. You never quit before, you merely stopped for a bit. We battle the nic bitch daily here. We battle it together. We accept zero excuses for failure. We quit for today. I quit with you today. You need to stay prepared with substitutes (seeds, bubble gum, lifesavers, fake chew, etc) and chug a ton of water. Post roll each morning without fail. Posting roll will lock you in to 24 hours of quit. It's the best protection you have provided you take it seriously as we do. If you don't take that seriously you will likely fail.
Thanks for the warm welcome Grizz! And thanks for quitting with me today! No more excuses for me, I plan to battle every day!

Offline jeeptruck

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-23
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2014, 11:12:00 AM »
Chillin,

Chris
Chillin, what is it exactly your grilling? if its not tofu, im down to help you eat it.

stay quit man, don't forget whats at stake
HOF Date 9/30/2014 in the October Titans group

so what my quit dates in September and im in the Ocotber HOF group? that makes me a SuliTan
"Youll never regret staying quit, youll always regret caving"- Nolaq
"That's like putting a bolt back into a machine without never seizing it.... Your just fucking the next guy. " - Jake_M
"Hipsters don't even know which end of the Hammer to hold" - Bronc

2nd Floor: Jan 8 2015

Offline ChristopherJ

• Quit Pro
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2014, 11:09:00 AM »
Chillin,

Chris

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2014, 10:31:00 AM »
Quote from: Done4Me
Welcome to the best decision of your life!
So true, stay strong brother, it gets so much better.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Done4Me

• Epic Quitter
  • Interests: Family, Beach, Fishing, BBQ
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2014, 06:04:00 AM »
Welcome to the best decision of your life!

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2014, 05:04:00 AM »
Welcome chillin. You never quit before, you merely stopped for a bit. We battle the nic bitch daily here. We battle it together. We accept zero excuses for failure. We quit for today. I quit with you today. You need to stay prepared with substitutes (seeds, bubble gum, lifesavers, fake chew, etc) and chug a ton of water. Post roll each morning without fail. Posting roll will lock you in to 24 hours of quit. It's the best protection you have provided you take it seriously as we do. If you don't take that seriously you will likely fail.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline Cindy

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-08-23
  • Interests: Farming, Ranching, hunting, fishing, back roading, team roping, photography
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 01:11:00 AM »
Hello all, I'm Chillin. Been on here for a few days now...posting roll and reading everybody's rants, already helped me through some rough days. My story starts 31 years ago. Used to ride my bike to the c-store and buy plug tobacco. Quickly changed to copenhagen and I was blowing through a can a day ever since until twelve long days ago. I've quit countless times before, made it two months once...only to be consumed by the nic-bitch once again. Got to looking at the calculator on here and how much money I have saved already, then I thought about how much I have wasted over the years. Damn near $60,000!!! I could have put one of my kids through college with that! Not feeling like much of a proud father after that. So here I am once again...ready to be a quitter once again. But this time is different...this time I have confidence, I have the will, and the courage to succeed! Only because I now Know that I am surrounded by people who feel what I feel, who know exactly what I am going through, who want me to succeed at being a quitter and wont let me cave! I vow to stay quit with all of the January 2015 Tortoises or what ever the hell they end up calling us.

Sincerely,
Chillin
Welcome! I will be on day 17 today. You're almost as far along as I am so the only advice I can give is to get a few peoples numbers so you can have support during weak moments, post roll every day, forever I think would be best, I am scared to stop. I wake up and post roll instead of putting worm dirt in my mouth. Read a lot. The articles here are all really helpful.
QLF ODAAT..

When you stop quitting hard, you forget how hard it was.

"When will you put the arrogance and ignorance aside and choose to live and to live with honor and integrity. It's the best fucking feeling in the world. It beats the shit out of feeling like a loser caver. It beats the shit out of knowing that you are nic's bitch. It beats the shit out of getting cancer and dying. This is really hard shit and you have to attack it with a vengeance. Get after it January. Quit like fuck" ~ Bronc