Author Topic: rtpope intro  (Read 11164 times)

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
Re: rtpope intro
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2014, 10:58:00 AM »
Quote from: tarpon17
Each day that line gets just a little bit blurrier.  Until one day you cant see it and you can walk whereever the fuck you want to. 
I love this ^^^^^^ so much Tarpon. Said perfectly. What we are all working toward! 'oh yeah'

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2014, 09:45:00 AM »
I just read this and thought to myself, "Yup... That's me". The story details are different but the general gist is the same. Your mind is in the right place young bro. Take it a step further and cultivate some hate. Nicotine robbed us all of sooo many things. Hate that! Nurture it and let it fuel the first part of your quit. It'll give you some momentum. Because... It's gonna suck for awhile. Then... It won't. I wish I could give you a time frame but everyone is different. Stick around... Stick with us. We know how to deal with everything you're going to think and feel. Shoot me a message and my number is yours. I'll help any way I can. Welcome to freedom man... It's pretty damn cool.
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline wmcatty

• Quit Pro
    • heartoftexasweather.org
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2014, 09:29:00 AM »
Welcome to KTC rtpope. You have been given some sound advice from some of the strongest quitters on this site...please take it to heart if you are as serious about your quit as you say you are. The first few weeks are the hardest, but you can do it with determination and support from us. I have sent you a personal message with my telephone number on it. Call me when you need to 24/7. Like everyone else on here, I am here to help you in any way I can. Nice job of taking control of your life back. Wayne
"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
-John Wayne

Offline SAM83

• Quit Pro
  • A failure to plan is a plan to fail!
  • Quit Date: 1/6/2014
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Camping, Motorcycle Touring, White Water Sports, Cooking/Grilling/Smoking (Food), Anything Outdoors and Go Steelers!
  • Likes Given: 232
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2014, 09:24:00 AM »
Quote from: 30isEnuff
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
Quote from: B-loMatt
Quote from: Bigwhitebeast
rtpope you show a lot of promise for a young guy so here is my 2 cents.

It seems like you have this place figured out but just in case here is the deal with KTC, we are basically a cold turkey program, we don't utilize nicotine replacement therapy such as nicorette gum.

We come in each day and promise to our brothers that we will remain quit for the rest of the day, the next day we come and do the same thing. How we do that is by posting roll call, we do that every day and it should be done early in the day, it is a promise not a status report after you've made it through the day.

People come in here and bust balls, they go in the chat and talk about the issues they are having, they call fellow quit group members and ask for help. We remain quit one day at a time.

We have milestones, the biggest and the first is reaching 100 days quit without NRT, this is called the Hall of Fame, the time when you reach HOF is your quit group so if you quit today you would be in the May 2014 group.

When in your group you post roll call, this is your promise to quit today, tomorrow you come in and repeat. Remember, we are addicts, we are junkies to nicotine, it takes a strong will and assistance to stay quit.

Here is the welcome center
index.php?showforum=13

Here is how to post roll call
index.php?showtopic=50

Here is the May quit group
index.php?showtopic=9408

Welcome to our group, if you buy into the program it can save your life.

Stay quit my friend.

Bigwhitebeast
B.W.B. was already a Bad Assed Quitter when I got my head our of my ass day 1, and he has pretty much explained KTC to you like you were a first grader so do as he says... I had my moments as dumb as hell Nicotine Douche Bag: dipping while chawing, smoking a stogie and a pipe..., but the whole tobacco farming thing is just begging for an addiction to the nic bitch like a mother fucker. KTC works. Just read everything here and copy the formula. Sucks like the worst thing you ever have done, but it gets better eventually. Quit Like Fuck all day and worry about tomorrow in the morning. PM me if you need anything. Love the fed up sound of your intro BTW; sounded like you are fed up with being a slave.
Post roll first thing. That's how we quit brother. It's that simple. Post roll and honor your word. The rest will take care if itself. Just keep the shit out if your mouth. That's it.

Post roll now.
Lots of great guidance given already...

my two cents...at KTC we specialize in "Quit Management".
We do this ODAAT. (one day at a time)
Do or Do Not...There is no try.
1 problem + nicotine = 2 problems.
We are all addicts of nicotine.
You gotta reeeeaaaalllllyyyyyy want to "be quit" to "be quit".
Quit on.
Already tons of great info and advice from some real vets and tough quitters! I just want to welcome you and offer my support as well. The first couple of weekends were really tough for me....lots of triggers....avoidance of these things while your quit is young is not a bad strategy.

Offline tarpon17

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2014, 07:38:00 AM »
Quote from: wastepanel
PS - to the guys I was talking to in the chat room a couple nights ago....I told you I would be back.
Love that you're back, and it takes some balls to make the decision to be quit.

However, I've seen enough guys come flying in here with silly putty swinging between their legs screaming the same stuff. Stick around, and prove to us those things are real.

Who knows...maybe you'll grow a third.
While you don't know it yet, or maybe you do...you're in for the fight of your life. The next few days will challenge your resolve. You've drawn the line great, now do whatever it takes to not step over it. Today. The line will be there tomorrow as well and worry about it tomorrow. Each day you stay on your side of the line is a victory. Each day that line gets just a little bit blurrier. Until one day you cant see it and you can walk whereever the fuck you want to. True Freedom.

Whatever it takes, never again for any reason. WITNAFAR in tarps collection of important acronyms; that also includes FUGMANN and 30HASV.

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2014, 07:29:00 AM »
PS - to the guys I was talking to in the chat room a couple nights ago....I told you I would be back.
Love that you're back, and it takes some balls to make the decision to be quit.

However, I've seen enough guys come flying in here with silly putty swinging between their legs screaming the same stuff. Stick around, and prove to us those things are real.

Who knows...maybe you'll grow a third.
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2014, 06:30:00 AM »
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws

It seems like you have this place figured out but just in case here is the deal with KTC, we are basically a cold turkey program, we don't utilize nicotine replacement therapy such as nicorette gum.

We come in each day and promise to our brothers that we will remain quit for the rest of the day, the next day we come and do the same thing. How we do that is by posting roll call, we do that every day and it should be done early in the day, it is a promise not a status report after you've made it through the day.

People come in here and bust balls, they go in the chat and talk about the issues they are having, they call fellow quit group members and ask for help. We remain quit one day at a time.

We have milestones, the biggest and the first is reaching 100 days quit without NRT, this is called the Hall of Fame, the time when you reach HOF is your quit group so if you quit today you would be in the May 2014 group.

When in your group you post roll call, this is your promise to quit today, tomorrow you come in and repeat. Remember, we are addicts, we are junkies to nicotine, it takes a strong will and assistance to stay quit.

index.php?showforum=13

index.php?showtopic=50

index.php?showtopic=9408

Stay quit my friend.

Bigwhitebeast
B.W.B. was already a Bad Assed Quitter when I got my head our of my ass day 1, and he has pretty much explained KTC to you like you were a first grader so do as he says... I had my moments as dumb as hell Nicotine Douche Bag: dipping while chawing, smoking a stogie and a pipe..., but the whole tobacco farming thing is just begging for an addiction to the nic bitch like a mother fucker. KTC works. Just read everything here and copy the formula. Sucks like the worst thing you ever have done, but it gets better eventually. Quit Like Fuck all day and worry about tomorrow in the morning. PM me if you need anything. Love the fed up sound of your intro BTW; sounded like you are fed up with being a slave.
Post roll first thing. That's how we quit brother. It's that simple. Post roll and honor your word. The rest will take care if itself. Just keep the shit out if your mouth. That's it.

Post roll now.
Lots of great guidance given already...

my two cents...at KTC we specialize in "Quit Management".
We do this ODAAT. (one day at a time)
Do or Do Not...There is no try.
1 problem + nicotine = 2 problems.
We are all addicts of nicotine.
You gotta reeeeaaaalllllyyyyyy want to "be quit" to "be quit".
Quit on.
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2014, 11:54:00 PM »

index.php?showforum=13

index.php?showtopic=50

index.php?showtopic=9408

Stay quit my friend.

Bigwhitebeast

Post roll now.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline B-loMatt

• Quitter
  • Interests: Cooking, gameing, music, sports, the outdoors. Spending time with my family is my biggest hobby, I have two little girls who are my number 1 priority (for real now that I kicked nic out of my life)
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 11:32:00 PM »

index.php?showforum=13

index.php?showtopic=50

index.php?showtopic=9408

Stay quit my friend.

Bigwhitebeast

Offline bigwhitebeast

• Quitting MoFo
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 10:49:00 PM »

index.php?showforum=13

index.php?showtopic=50

index.php?showtopic=9408

Stay quit my friend.

Bigwhitebeast

Offline rtpope

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Umpiring baseball, hunting, fishing, college baskeball, NFL, basically sports in general....
rtpope intro
« on: February 06, 2014, 10:39:00 PM »
My story is probably similar to most....I turn 27 on Sunday. I've been dipping since I was 13. My starting story is interesting. I grew up on my family's tobacco farm. Hate that fact or not, it put food on 5 families' tables. My Grandfather (who is 80 today and been chewing since 12...he has the toothless mouth to prove it) pulled me out of school one day at 10:00 to help hand prime a field that had standing water. To the non-farmer, mature tobacco in a field of standing water will become diseased or drown fairly quickly. Also, wet tobacco leaves will transfer nicotine through skin very effectively. After working with wet tobacco the entire day, I awoke the next morning with "tobacco poisoning" which is a great way of saying the nic bitch is making you throw up everything you have ever eaten. I went to fuss at my grandfather for getting me sick when he said "if you started chewing you wouldn't get sick." That was my green light to find my bff, Skoal Cherry. It was love at first dip. I soon went from one dip a day to one can a day in about 3 months. I soon learned that if I put half a dip in one side of my lip and another half dip on the other side, I could dip anytime, anywhere and never get caught. I dipped through school, through church, every where. I've been dipping nonstop, every day since. I now work in wealth management and hate wearing a suit and having to hide my dip can so that it doesn't look like I'm smuggling a TV in pocket. I'm tired of waking up in the middle of the night and sneaking a dip so my wife doesn't know how addicted I am. I'm tired of my car smelling like rotten ass from old spit bottles. I'm tired of putting dip stains on legal documents at work. I'm tired of peeling layer after layer of skin from my lip and gums every morning. I'm sick and tired of planning when I stop to get to gas so that I can buy my 5 can sleeves just as I'm dipping the last can of the previous sleeve. I'm tired of not being able to snack with everybody else because I just put in a dip. I'm tired of having panic attacks when I go to bed if I don't know exactly where my can is so I can take a dip as soon as my eyes open. I'm tired of throwing out a 2 hour old dip just to put another right in. I'm tired of people looking at me like I'm totally disgusting when I spit. I'm tired of dip being my identity. I'm tired of dipping. I'm ready to be done.

I have contemplated quitting for quite some time. About 6 months ago I stumbled onto KTC. I thought about quitting and immediately freaked out. I know I'm preaching to the choir, but when every moment of every day involves dip, putting it down is scary as shit. Last week, I decided it was time to get started on my quit journey. I put myself on a schedule, each dip can only last 45 min and you only dip every 2.5 hours. That equates to 5 dips a day. My plan was to "get used to that" and then go down again from 5/day to 4/day. I've stayed the course so far and have been pleasantly surprised at how well I've done. However, I've had a headache for a week. I've been unable to focus most of the day. I'm restless. I'm dealing with cravings. Now I'm thinking....why not just nut up and quit. Why not go ahead and get the shitty part of this out of the way. Why not start now and start feeling better sooner. The last week has taught me that I am stronger than I thought I was. I am able to live without a dip in my lip. F you nic bitch. I'm giving you the finger and telling you to shove off as I start the rest of my life.