Author Topic: Quitting Again  (Read 1618 times)

Offline jimthins

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2014-08-04
  • Interests: Fishing, Hunting, Shooting, and Golf.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Quitting Again
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2014, 05:04:00 PM »
Where you at on roll bro? Haven't seen your post yet. Let's get on that. Don't put it off until later. It needs to be the first thing you do. If you're having troubles, please don't hesitate to contact me or any of the other members on SCQ. We're all willing to help. I hope you are still quit today.

Offline RoyalCowboy7

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-18
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2014, 11:14:00 PM »
Quote from: autiger30
hab·it
ˈhabit/
noun
noun: habit; plural noun: habits
a settled or regular tendency or practice, especially one that is hard to give up.
"this can develop into a bad habit"
synonyms:custom, practice, routine, wont, pattern, convention, way, norm, tradition, matter of course, rule, usage More
informal
an addictive practice, especially one of taking drugs.
"a cocaine habit"
synonyms:addiction, dependence, dependency, craving, fixation, compulsion, obsession, weakness;

**Scrathing my ass in public is not a habit**
I'd like you to read the line which has synonyms. What is the first one there? Addiction. A habit and an addiction are essentially the same so don't cover up the truth by using a word that sounds a little better. I hope you accept the fact that you have been an addict of tobacco because until you can admit that you are you set yourself up for failure through addict thinking. One won't hurt and boom back to the can. Don't think you know it all and are a bad ass quitter because you've taken breaks not truly quit. We are a brotherhood on here and we take this quitting very seriously. If you can quit easily great for you but I hope you don't mask it as a habit this time and learn about tobacco and how it controls your thought process and your life. Get plugged in with your quit group and post roll every day because that's what makes the difference in quitting and taking a break, accountability. Take your freedom back today
The Copenhagen can will no longer control this man because being a quitter means becoming a winner

http://forum.killthecan.org/topic/10358427/8/#new

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2014, 07:22:00 PM »
Quote from: razd611
it seems like my habit has a bit different circumstance
Well it doesn't.

and it us not a habit. Scratchng your ass in public is a habit.
LOL See previous post on the definition of habit.
Actually Webster if you do it all the time and it becomes a "routine, pattern, way, norm, tradition, or matter of course" it is.......
Your first reading assignment: http://www.killthecan.org/additional-re ... addiction/

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2014, 06:29:00 PM »
Well it doesn't.

Actually Webster if you do it all the time and it becomes a "routine, pattern, way, norm, tradition, or matter of course" it is.......
Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t

Offline autiger30

• Quit Date: 2014-08-11
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2014, 06:09:00 PM »
Quote from: Bean
Quote from: FMBM707
Quote from: Wt57
Also curious if anyone else is in same boat? Last time I quit I was quit for 2 years, a big project came up and started again, then quit for 1 year maybe a year and a half. Your mind is a powerful thing. But never have I quit and woke up the next day or week or month feigning for a dip.
'Crazy' If you quit, why the hell are you quitting 'again'? I'll tell you why. You've never quit, you took some breaks. I also took several 2 year pauses but like all addicts, one dip brought me back. We are addicts and always will be. Using nicotine is not a habit!
You might think dipping helped you concentrate or focus but the just not true. As addicts that are doing things without dip our concentration is shared with thoughts of wanting to satisfy our craving. Thus when we feed the crave our concentration is better because there is one less thing to think about. I'm anticipating your come back "I'm different", sorry to tell you until you face the facts this will only be another pause. Jump on this quit train and enjoy a big tall glass of the quit koolaid.
I understand what you say, but can you explain why I don't "have to have it"?
No one has to have it. All of our brains work differently. If you can stop for 1-2 years then quitting everyday shouldn't be too difficult for you. Embrace it because it's not that easy for everyone.

Don't wait until you have some funky shit going on in your mouth and you have to have it looked at by a doctor. Stay quit.
Here are two facts you need to face:

1) you're an addict. (that's okay...we all are).

2) it didn't help you concentrate. The withdrawals were distracting you. You took a drug to make them go away. (that's okay...we all did).

You can argue it was "just a habit" or that you "just liked the routine" blah, blah, blah. But remember...you're among friends here...friends who know addiction. You can't bullshit us. We see it a mile away. Remember to revisit this thread. In time, you'll see it too.

Learn how and why we post roll. Then do it. Then keep reading.

You can do this, brother!
Thanks man, I understand what your saying, not here to argue but here to stay quit. Like what someone said earlier I should be careful it is easier for me to quit. There were times within this past year I would go weeks without it and not even think about it and then one day get some. When I look at the posts and see folks saying they dipped a can a day or so many a week and constantly had it in there mouth, that wasn't me. I am here like I said to help other and to be held accountable that I don't put that SHIT back into my mouth. I'd like to kiss my daughter when I give her away one day. Thanks for the help.

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2014, 06:04:00 PM »
Also curious if anyone else is in same boat? Last time I quit I was quit for 2 years, a big project came up and started again, then quit for 1 year maybe a year and a half. Your mind is a powerful thing. But never have I quit and woke up the next day or week or month feigning for a dip.
'Crazy' If you quit, why the hell are you quitting 'again'? I'll tell you why. You've never quit, you took some breaks. I also took several 2 year pauses but like all addicts, one dip brought me back. We are addicts and always will be. Using nicotine is not a habit!
You might think dipping helped you concentrate or focus but the just not true. As addicts that are doing things without dip our concentration is shared with thoughts of wanting to satisfy our craving. Thus when we feed the crave our concentration is better because there is one less thing to think about. I'm anticipating your come back "I'm different", sorry to tell you until you face the facts this will only be another pause. Jump on this quit train and enjoy a big tall glass of the quit koolaid.
No one has to have it. All of our brains work differently. If you can stop for 1-2 years then quitting everyday shouldn't be too difficult for you. Embrace it because it's not that easy for everyone.

Don't wait until you have some funky shit going on in your mouth and you have to have it looked at by a doctor. Stay quit.
Here are two facts you need to face:

1) you're an addict. (that's okay...we all are).

2) it didn't help you concentrate. The withdrawals were distracting you. You took a drug to make them go away. (that's okay...we all did).

You can argue it was "just a habit" or that you "just liked the routine" blah, blah, blah. But remember...you're among friends here...friends who know addiction. You can't bullshit us. We see it a mile away. Remember to revisit this thread. In time, you'll see it too.

Learn how and why we post roll. Then do it. Then keep reading.

You can do this, brother!

Offline G

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2014, 06:01:00 PM »
.....paging duathman. Clean up on the barner aisle. 'help'

Offline autiger30

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2014, 05:58:00 PM »
Well it doesn't.

Offline autiger30

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2014, 05:57:00 PM »
hab·it
ˈhabit/
noun
noun: habit; plural noun: habits
a settled or regular tendency or practice, especially one that is hard to give up.
"this can develop into a bad habit"
synonyms:custom, practice, routine, wont, pattern, convention, way, norm, tradition, matter of course, rule, usage More
informal
an addictive practice, especially one of taking drugs.
"a cocaine habit"
synonyms:addiction, dependence, dependency, craving, fixation, compulsion, obsession, weakness;

Offline autiger30

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2014, 05:54:00 PM »

Thanks!

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2014, 05:44:00 PM »
Well it doesn't.

Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t

Offline FMBM707

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-05-06
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2014, 05:40:00 PM »

Offline autiger30

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2014, 05:23:00 PM »

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2014, 05:06:00 PM »
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline basshaug

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 04:59:00 PM »
Those weren't quits those were brief stoppages. We are in the business of quitting here, not taking a 1-2 year sabbatical from nicotine. We are all addicts here and what you described as our brains being powerful things is nicotine addiction. All of our brains have been altered by the years of nicotine abuse.

How we go about quitting is by making a daily promise to not use nicotine. It's the cost of admission. Many of us struggle mightily with this addiction everyday and take it very seriously I'd recommend reading up on the welcome center and posting roll with your November group.