Author Topic: Preparing Myself  (Read 4207 times)

Offline per034

• Quitter
  • Interests: My family - 2 amazingly brilliant and beautiful children and an equally amazing and beautiful wife. Sports - Mets and Giants for teams, golf for weekends... Bagpipes. Been playing bagpipes longer than I've been dipping. And that's a long friggin' time.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Preparing Myself
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2011, 11:20:00 PM »
Quote from: Mick
Souliman:

I quit in college (25 years ago) several times. Mainly due to some fucked up situation which was occurring in my mouth at the time. I didn't really want to quit. I loved the nic bitch. I am cocky enough to dip whenever and wherever I choose to and my wife knew I was a dipper when she met me and when we got married....so fuck her. I truly did not want my children to dip and decided I would quit when our first child turned 5 years old. I quit dipping on 9/5/2006 for one year. For some stupid reason (my wife pissed me off, I was pissed at the kids, whatever the fuck??) I picked it up one year later. The difference between now and 10 years ago is what is between my ears. I will never dip again. I am not stopping. I QUIT! Today, tomorrow and every day thereafter. Get it in your head that no matter what, you are quit! Shit happens. Deal with it another way than with the nic bitch in your life. That is all for now. Stay tuned and true to this site. Read everything on it. Say a prayer if that is in your life. Also, don't forget to keep it light 'boob' 'na na'
Lets not confuse Souliman with Solimani34. One is a badass motherfucking quitting MACHINE. the other is.... well .. an extra on The White Shadow
The love you get here is conditional. The condition is that you are quit.

"Every time you bump someone and dont fix it, a kitten dies" - Jost2Brown

Offline Mick in Stuart

• Quitter
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2011, 10:56:00 PM »
Souliman:

I quit in college (25 years ago) several times. Mainly due to some fucked up situation which was occurring in my mouth at the time. I didn't really want to quit. I loved the nic bitch. I am cocky enough to dip whenever and wherever I choose to and my wife knew I was a dipper when she met me and when we got married....so fuck her. I truly did not want my children to dip and decided I would quit when our first child turned 5 years old. I quit dipping on 9/5/2006 for one year. For some stupid reason (my wife pissed me off, I was pissed at the kids, whatever the fuck??) I picked it up one year later. The difference between now and 10 years ago is what is between my ears. I will never dip again. I am not stopping. I QUIT! Today, tomorrow and every day thereafter. Get it in your head that no matter what, you are quit! Shit happens. Deal with it another way than with the nic bitch in your life. That is all for now. Stay tuned and true to this site. Read everything on it. Say a prayer if that is in your life. Also, don't forget to keep it light 'boob' 'na na'
In the mid 70s, Walt Garrison said it was okay. Just a pinch between your cheek and gums. Been a slave since until joining this fine group.

Quit 12:00 pm (noon) October 15, 2011 after 34 years.
HOF January 23, 2012

It's not how many times you get knocked down, but how many times you get back up that matters.

Offline magnum9

• Quit Pro
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2011, 09:28:00 PM »
Quote from: Keddy
Quote from: whacko
Hey I just pm's soliman and got a response!  Hes been reading the hof and our advice and he's gonna post roll call and join!  He's a bad ass quitter now! 

Soliman........proud to be quit with you today!

click the pink welcome center link in the top left.....it will tell you how to post roll call.....youe will be in FEB 2011 quit group!

Welcome aboard!

Rules to quit by:

1 Wake up
2 post roll that you will be nic free for today
3 keep your word
4 repeat tomorrow

Read everything you can on the site......these assholes on here know how to quit!
'Popcorn'
Bump....

Did he have to get just one last dip in or what? _

'Popcorn'

Offline per034

• Quitter
  • Interests: My family - 2 amazingly brilliant and beautiful children and an equally amazing and beautiful wife. Sports - Mets and Giants for teams, golf for weekends... Bagpipes. Been playing bagpipes longer than I've been dipping. And that's a long friggin' time.
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2011, 09:03:00 PM »
Quote from: Scowick65
Quote from: Souliman
Can you please point where the "consume tobacco until ready to quit" paragraph is written?
I just got quit wood.
nomination for the words of wisdom page!
Salami is probably the right nickname here. He was a white guy misplaced amid a bunch of black youths. You're a dipper misplaced amid a bunch of BAMFQs. whacko says you're gonna post roll. well.... tick tick tick...

On a related note, I have a seriously burning man-crush on Souliman. If my wife didn't like the hammer so much, Soul my have a shot....

Offline whacko

• Quitter
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2011, 08:07:00 PM »
Quote from: Scowick65
Can you please point where the "consume tobacco until ready to quit" paragraph is written?
I just got quit wood.
nomination for the words of wisdom page!
EX ninja dipper!
Felt good to come clean on August 12, 2011

Offline Mr Nice Guy

• Quitter
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2011, 08:01:00 PM »
Quit today.

Dont be a little bitch about it.

You are basically already destined to fail with that attitude. I told myself that shit so many times, as did everyone else.

But you're a special guy, aren't you? Well your mom is wrong!

Offline Keddy

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Break the Chains
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2011, 07:56:00 PM »
Hey I just pm's soliman and got a response! Hes been reading the hof and our advice and he's gonna post roll call and join! He's a bad ass quitter now!

click the pink welcome center link in the top left.....it will tell you how to post roll call.....youe will be in FEB 2011 quit group!

Welcome aboard!

Rules to quit by:

1 Wake up
3 keep your word
4 repeat tomorrow

Read everything you can on the site......these assholes on here know how to quit!
'Popcorn'

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2011, 07:52:00 PM »
I just got quit wood.

Offline whacko

• Quitter
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2011, 07:29:00 PM »
Hey I just pm's soliman and got a response! Hes been reading the hof and our advice and he's gonna post roll call and join! He's a bad ass quitter now!

Welcome aboard!

Rules to quit by:

1 Wake up
3 keep your word
4 repeat tomorrow

EX ninja dipper!
Felt good to come clean on August 12, 2011

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2011, 06:44:00 PM »
For just one second I thought I had entered bizarro world that I had posted that I'm having a quit day party the day after Thanksgiving. My spine started to tingle a little as I imagined it shriveled and deformed into some pile of mashed potatoes.

Salami, you're a senior in college? All full of piss and vinegar and ready to face the world in 6 months as you take the plunge from banging some coed in the communal lounge to banging the streets as part of the great American work force? This...this pathetic pussified dream of quitting is what you are about? This plan? This is garbage. This is pathetic. This is failure my friend. This has no place here. Have you read anything going on here? Can you please point where the "consume tobacco until ready to quit" paragraph is written?

Let's just examine that aspect. How many dips does it take to get cancer? 1. That's all. One dip and you could be on your way to having your tongue removed. And I don't know about you but Mrs. Souliman does enjoy a mustache ride now and then and the loss of my tongue would severely hamper that aspect of our relationship. Chicks don't dig half-jaws Salami. Think about that. Look in the mirror and picture your lower jaw being gone. That look good to you? No.

Second, the way we quit here is with power or passion. You "burn your boats" as they say. You draw a line in the sand and you get ready to fight to the death to defend that line as the nic bitch tries to pull you across. This is your fucking life son. Yours. Now if it ain't worth fighting for...fighting hard for then why the fuck even take the time to come here? Why think that any of us are going to fight harder for your life than you? When it comes down to it, you will be the one reaching for the keys. You will be the one asking for the can of cancer at the ole cancer supply hut. Not me.

Now, if you want help, then may be there is something here for you. But help requires being quit. Not the lame ass pussified bullshit quit day party you are planning. You have to be bold. You have to want your life back. You have to fight. Fight for your fucking life everyday if you want this. That's what it takes. Fuck fear. Fuck nicotine. Fight.

I don't wish people luck. Luck is for pussies. My choice is determination. I chose determination. I chose not to be owned each day. I chose to quit with my brothers of March 2011 each day. I have their back and they have mine just as I will have for you but it takes you to decide you want it. Join me Salami. Join me and we'll walk the path with the rest of these badass mother fucking quitters that I admire.

I quit today.

Offline magnum9

• Quit Pro
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2011, 05:48:00 PM »
Soli,

If your not going to quit now can you at least tell us why that day is going to be so much different?

Are you afraid?

I can say I was scared to death about quitting. That is what we are here for. We can help. Don't be afraid of going dip-less, be afraid of what dip might be the one to start the cancer cycle. I sure hope the dips you take while drinking with your friends aren't the ones that start it all.

Are you really too weak to say no?

I will say it again, we have heard many people give us a date that they will show up again... I have not seen any of them return.

The reason for this is simply that they are weak, which is why they set a date in the first place.

How many times have you said "I am going to quit soon" and not done it?
Your not weak are you?

If not, quit being afraid and throw it out.

Tell us what your going to do. Throw it out today or quit wasting our time. You either want it or you don't. If your going to do this quit date thing that will never happen then just tell us the dip is more important than your life.

So what is it gonna be... quit today or keep playing with cancer until you have gone through 40 years of quit dates?

We need to move on if your not going to do it, so post up.

Offline per034

• Quitter
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2011, 05:09:00 PM »
Quote from: shortround

There is so much good information in this thread alone that my quit just hulked out and smashed my desk at work...
Fecking brilliant! 'crackup'

Offline shortround

• Quitter
  • Interests: Quitting. Quit. Quitition. Quitocracy. Quitorama. Quitography. Quit-a-lit-a-ding-dong. And finally, your mom.
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2011, 03:57:00 PM »
Quote from: Ready
Alright, well, its getting close to that time. I think I'm going to set my quit date for Black Friday. As much as I want to begin this process today, I know myself, and I know what Thanksgiving brings.
I read this far into your intro and stopped.

Fail.

Quit or do not.

There will never be a good time to quit. Read that again. Then decide if you want to quit or not. If the answer is yes, quit now.

Period.

Anything else is wasting our time.
Bingo.

There is so much good information in this thread alone that my quit just hulked out and smashed my desk at work...

That being said. I don't think you truly want to quit. If you did, there's no excuse in the world that could make you wait.

You should be so excited about quitting that you can't believe you didn't dump your shit 3 weeks ago.

The train ain't stopping just for you but there are a hell of a lot of arms reaching out to grab you as we fly by.

Think about it.
Freedom - 8 January 2011
HOF Date - 17 April 2011, 2nd Floor - 26 July 2011, 3rd Floor - 3 November 2011, 4th Floor - 11 February 2012

How bad do you want to quit? - posted by NOLAQ
"I'm an F-18 nic bitch, and I'll destroy you in the air." - The Sheen

"The truth, when you finally chase it down, is almost always far worse than your darkest visions and fears." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline miles

• Quit Pro
  • Howdy, I'm Miles and I'm Quit
  • Quit Date: 3/7/2011
  • Interests: My kids, Quitting, Hunting, fishing, motorcycles, MTB, football, racing, baseball, guitar, family, running, Clint Eastwood, Cold Beer, Floating down the river, camping. Atlanta Braves, Atlanta Falcons, Houston Oilers (RIP - Love Ya Blue!)"]["{{}}{{}}][_
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2011, 03:30:00 PM »
Quote from: AtomicDiesel
So, um, none of your friends are gonna throw in a chaw on Black Friday? Or is it just you? Curious.
Now, be careful.... planning for black friday can easily be changed to first of the month, Christmas, first of the year, etc.....all the way to fuckin never.
'all the way to fuckin never' was the key part....

Quit for today.
I quit with with you all!

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2011, 01:59:00 PM »
Outsider's view of KTC. Good stuff. index.php?showtopic=5339