Author Topic: My 1st day of quit  (Read 4594 times)

Offline dabean22

• Quitter
  • Interests: I was addicted to nicotine for about 19 years before I actually realized that I was an addict to a drug. Allen Carr helped open my eyes with LionHeartedGirl (my sister). I am currently on day 2 and because of the frame of mind and different point of view that "The Easy Way" has given me, I don't doubt for one moment that I have ingested the last bit of that weed for the rest of my life. I am 35 now and am setting a goal of living long enough to have saved $100,000 because of my quit. At the same time, I am setting the goal of not smoking TODAY! One step at a time, while keeping my eyes on the horizon.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: My 1st day of quit
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2013, 10:55:00 AM »
Quote from: bjarrett74
Alright, it is time for me to vent.

I was in the hospital from this past Friday until Sunday around 11 PM. I have a seizure disorder caused by my inactive alcohol and drug addictions. I don't get any warning when they hit. Since I Quit the Nic, they have been hitting more frequently than before.

With that said, I find it disrespectful and piss poor if you commit to your group that you are Quit and will stay Quit but you don't post roll or even just give a quick reply in the group.

If I can do it from a motherfucking hospital bed for 3 fucking days, then you pussies that don't post roll can at least post once a day. If you don't want to Quit or if you feel that posting roll is beneath you, then fuck off.

This group is here not just to hold us accountable to each other or ourselves, but to support each other in our Quit. The support that you get from your Quit Group is unlike any other support you will ever get anywhere else in life. The people in your Quit Group are family. I look at all the members of my Quit Group as Brothers and Sisters.

I am not going to beg anyone to post or do what they do not want to do. Just have the common courtesy and respect for your fellow Quitters to post one time a day and let us know how you are doing. If you gave in, post day 1 all over again and start over.

Reach out to us if you need help. We may come off as dicks, but it is for your (and our) own good.
Hey fellow quitters!

I am back in the hospital. I may be in here for a while. It seems that having seizures does some pretty nifty damage to an already fucked up person. Anyhow, I will post roll every fucking day I am in here unless I am in a coma.

Seriously, if I miss a day, then 1 of 2 things has happened: Either I am in a coma or I am dead.

I showed my wife how to post roll for me so if anything goes wrong she will let you all know.

I hope to be back to my normal again soon. I get to have some wires fed through my brain, not much there so let's hope for a short trip.

See you all in roll tomorrow.

Rickddd and Mike from AB have my cell so if you need me have them hit me up.

Brian

p.s - I still say Fuck Off to all those that think they don't have to post roll.  'crackup'  'crackup'
You are in my thoughts and prayers brother. I DARE anyone to argue with your dedication. You inspire me to live with NAFAR on my mind at all times.
Quit 8/04/13
HOF 11/11/13
Thanks mostly to LHG. That girl rocks the world. I love you Sis.
Someone, somewhere out there is suffering through a more intense crave than me and that person is staying quit. As will I. -JoeMellow
SkyDiver - The first step is a bitch but that's when the fun starts.

Offline duathman

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 6-5-2013
  • Interests: Running, cycling
  • Likes Given: 216
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2013, 09:35:00 PM »
Welcome to the site where your very first post was bumped right from the start. That's OK. Means you posted. Come back to the site a lot and read up. You will see we are an interesting group.

Offline ParadigmDawg

• Quitter
  • Interests: Mountain BikingRoad BikingHome Audio
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2013, 05:37:00 PM »
If you read through the other intro's you may see some of my same words on them but they always hold true so I will just repeat them...

You are in for one nasty fight but you have the tools here to make it.

Read everything on here, post roll call each morning and don't dip. Wow....that sounds so easy, doesn't it?

Go load yourself up with gum, mints, fake chew, seeds and beef jerky. Also get some member phone numbers right now, they will help you through the rough parts.

Next, exercise to exhaustion every single day and drink so much water that you feel like you may bust. Both of these will help.

Make sure your wife reads about what you are going through. 99% chance that you are going to be a short fussed dick for the next 3-4 weeks. Try not to take it out on her and the kids. Get on here and call Pinched names and tell him he's a punk and you hate him. You can use me or anyone else on here for the same purpose.

I quit with you.
Oh little worm-dirt...you are so scary...F' OFF...!!!

Offline rickddd

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/6/2013
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2013, 05:21:00 PM »
Hi all!

My name is Brian and I live in Indianapolis, IN. Today is my 1st day of quit and I actually want to quit this time. I have tried several other times to quit but only made it to day 3 (which sucked bad with panic attacks and edginess). This time however, I found you all and I know I can actually do it now. I am ready and willing to get my life and my health back.

I look forward to talking with all of you,

Brian
Congrats on quitting Brian! Dont worry about day 3, my friend, just worry about this day. This day will have its own challenges but you can overcome them - just look around this site and see the others who have done the same. Its a bitch but it can be done!

Here's my personal advice for you, take whatever you want from it. The thing that usually crushed all my failed attempts was that a bad crave would come along, and then my mind would tell me that there was no way I could deal with this forever, it was too hard, and I might as well just start chewing again now. Dont EVER listen to that voice in your head! That voice is not the truth - its the addiction pulling you back. You have to learn to shove that voice out of your head, Brian. Dont worry about forever, or even tomorrow. Just quit today. thats all. Then you'll repeat that each day - but dont worry about that, just take care of today.

Do whatever you need to do, to not put nicotine into your body today. Hard candy, gum, sunflower seeds, and fake chew are very helpful in the early stages. Find something that works for you and use it. Drink lots of water in the early days also helps flush your system. Committing to daily exercise works wonders for the irritability and anxiety - do whatever works for you. Some folks jog, some just walk, some bike, others lift weights. I highly recommend you find something you can do daily, and commit to it for at least the first month.

If you want to chat more or want my cell number so you can text me in moments of weakness, just shoot me a private message. And I'm quitting with you today! We're in it together Brian. No nicotine today, all day.

Rick
---------------------------
Quit Date: 1/6/2013
Hall of Fame: 4/15/2013
COMMA! 10/2/2015
42nd floor: 7/6/2024

Offline brinkhoffs52

• Quitter
  • Interests: Ice Hockey, Golf, Home Maintenance, Biking
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2013, 03:57:00 PM »
Get ready to strap in and hold on tight. You are in for one hell of a ride and it will feel like there is no end, and the nic bitch will complicate your thoughts and throw you in the fog, but know this: OUR PHILOSOPHY IS SIMPLE.

Post Roll. Keep Word. Repeat.

Those 5 words are your gateway to freedom. Don;t worry about 10 days, 50 days or 100 days. The battle is TODAY. There is a TON of information on this site to help you get through TODAY. Just give the nic bitch a big 'Finger' today, and then repeat and it will take care of itself.

That is the bare minimum. The more kool-aide you drink the stronger your quit becomes (and your tongue turns blue, but HEY guess what? You get to keep that tongue instead of surrendering it to the nic bitch). Guzzle, Chug, or Drown in the kool-aide, it doesn't matter, just drink it in and drink it deep.

Quit Like Fuck, Every Damn Day
Brink
Quit Date: 7/30/13
Do, or do not... There is no "try"

Offline CaliforniaSlim

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2013, 02:19:00 PM »
Quote from: T-Cell
Hi all!

My name is Brian and I live in Indianapolis, IN. Today is my 1st day of quit and I actually want to quit this time. I have tried several other times to quit but only made it to day 3 (which sucked bad with panic attacks and edginess). This time however, I found you all and I know I can actually do it now. I am ready and willing to get my life and my health back.

Brian
Welcome Brian! Great decision to quit nicotine! You can do this, if we can then you can. It just takes guts and a willingness to embrace the methods used here. Read everything you can in the Welcome Center folder on the banner as a starter, post roll every day.
If you posted roll and keep your word, you are already quit. You don't have to try, or be in the process of quitting. You are quit brother. Get through today, and do it again tomorrow.
Quit with you

Offline T-Cell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2012-02-10
  • Interests: Flyfishing, ice hockey (go Avs, go Pioneers!).Wife Sandra, 2 adult kids.
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2013, 11:53:00 AM »
Hi all!

Brian
Welcome Brian! Great decision to quit nicotine! You can do this, if we can then you can. It just takes guts and a willingness to embrace the methods used here. Read everything you can in the Welcome Center folder on the banner as a starter, post roll every day.
Fish, eat, sleep. Repeat.
quit date 2/10/12
HOF date 5/19/12
1 Year 2/10/13
2 Years 2/10/14
8th Floor 4/19/14

Offline Minny

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2013, 11:48:00 AM »
I have tried several other times to quit but only made it to day 3 (which sucked bad with panic attacks and edginess).
Well get ready for The Suck, Brian. This time, have a plan going into day 3.

For me, days 3, 4, and 5 SUCKED. The Fog consumed my days and I didn't get much done. I spent a great deal of time on reading on KTC and ignoring the tortured addict inside me. Be on alert for the lies that the nicotine slave is going to tell you, such as:

"Don't quit today, that'd be stupid. Work is too important. Quit later when the fog won't interfere with your work."

"Have just one dip. That's so much better than what you were doing. Ween off, cold turkey is stupid."

"You can't do this because you don't have fake chew/gum/seeds. Quit tomorrow when you're more prepared."

The Nic Bitch will say ANYTHING to get you to have ANY nicotine TODAY. If you use AT ALL, she wins and you lose.

Do whatever it takes to win today. PM me if you need anything.
Quit Date 7/12/13
HOF Date 10/19/13

My HOF Speech

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2013, 11:42:00 AM »
Quote from: flyby
Hi all!

Brian
Welcome sir. First things first, replace "I want to quit", with "I will quit today". You've already teased yourself with the hardest part of quitting (the 1st three days), this time make that BS worth it.
Post roll everyday  we'll quit one day at a time with you.
You really can 'be quit'....One day at a time Brian.
You gotta really want it and want it more than anything.
Post roll in your group every a.m. the earlier the better for your quit.
I quit every a.m. right after I piss and before coffee!!
ODAAT and NAFAR
If I can do this, then I know YOU can TOO.

Welcome to the best of your life!
Cheers 'bang head'
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline flyby

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2013, 11:26:00 AM »
Hi all!

Brian
Welcome sir. First things first, replace "I want to quit", with "I will quit today". You've already teased yourself with the hardest part of quitting (the 1st three days), this time make that BS worth it.
Post roll everyday  we'll quit one day at a time with you.
Motivation is what gets you started,
habit is what keeps you going.
Willpower is remembering what you really want

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2013, 11:09:00 AM »
Great choice, Brian!!! Click on the Welcome Center link above learn how to post roll. Post roll each day, read all you can on this site, and repeat.

Quitting is done one day at a time. And, you're right...YOU CAN DO THIS!!!

Offline bjarrett74

• Quitter
My 1st day of quit
« on: August 19, 2013, 10:13:00 AM »
Hi all!

Brian