Author Topic: My 1st day of quit  (Read 4593 times)

Offline bjarrett74

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: My 1st day of quit
« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2013, 09:05:00 PM »
Brian is not on a breathing machine anymore, but he does have a nasal breathing tube in to keep his airway open. He is still unresponsive, but does react to pain. If Brian were awake and able to talk and type, he would be on here. He loves this site and the people on it, and I know when he wakes up he is going to ask what has been happening on the site. Thank you for your continued support.

Heather

Offline Ace121x

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Interests: Archery, Farming, Computers, Games, Women
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2013, 06:19:00 PM »
Prayers Sent
New Quitter? Click Here
'crackup' You Actually Think I May Cave Today? 'crackup'
Quit Date: Sunday November 10, 2013
'tanks'February 2014 Freedom Fighters'tanks'

Offline ParadigmDawg

• Quitter
  • Interests: Mountain BikingRoad BikingHome Audio
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2013, 06:18:00 PM »
Our Prayers are with Brian and his family.
Oh little worm-dirt...you are so scary...F' OFF...!!!

Offline Mjollnir

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2013, 12:32:00 AM »
I've done what I do in situations like this.

I don't believe in luck, or fate other than the fate we weave ourselves.

But I do believe in a connection to all living things, and I send some of my life.

Use it as best you can.

Offline dabean22

• Quitter
  • Interests: I was addicted to nicotine for about 19 years before I actually realized that I was an addict to a drug. Allen Carr helped open my eyes with LionHeartedGirl (my sister). I am currently on day 2 and because of the frame of mind and different point of view that "The Easy Way" has given me, I don't doubt for one moment that I have ingested the last bit of that weed for the rest of my life. I am 35 now and am setting a goal of living long enough to have saved $100,000 because of my quit. At the same time, I am setting the goal of not smoking TODAY! One step at a time, while keeping my eyes on the horizon.
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2013, 09:26:00 PM »
Brian has had a setback. He has had another stroke and is on a breathing machine in the ICU. The doctors are being stupid pessimistic idiots and don't know how strong Brian is. They worry that he may not make it out of the coma this time. They are wrong. He will make it back to his family and to us.
Pray with me for Brian, Heather and his family.
Quit 8/04/13
HOF 11/11/13
Thanks mostly to LHG. That girl rocks the world. I love you Sis.
Someone, somewhere out there is suffering through a more intense crave than me and that person is staying quit. As will I. -JoeMellow
SkyDiver - The first step is a bitch but that's when the fun starts.

Offline dabean22

• Quitter
  • Interests: I was addicted to nicotine for about 19 years before I actually realized that I was an addict to a drug. Allen Carr helped open my eyes with LionHeartedGirl (my sister). I am currently on day 2 and because of the frame of mind and different point of view that "The Easy Way" has given me, I don't doubt for one moment that I have ingested the last bit of that weed for the rest of my life. I am 35 now and am setting a goal of living long enough to have saved $100,000 because of my quit. At the same time, I am setting the goal of not smoking TODAY! One step at a time, while keeping my eyes on the horizon.
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2013, 08:02:00 PM »
Quote from: bjarrett74
Bjarrett74 - Day 84 - Thank you to all my brothers and sisters for your support and prayers. I am now able to post roll again. I have found renewed strength from your support and dedication. Congrats to all of 100+ HOF Brothers! I am so proud of you all and I find inspiration in all of you.
Brian, it's so nice to see your words here brother. Welcome back.
Quit 8/04/13
HOF 11/11/13
Someone, somewhere out there is suffering through a more intense crave than me and that person is staying quit. As will I. -JoeMellow

Offline Vince

• Quitter
  • Interests: Reading, Music, Movies, Sports, Bodybuilding,
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2013, 04:49:00 AM »
Prayers for Brian and Heather. May you both come out of this problem as soon as possible.

Offline dabean22

• Quitter
« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2013, 10:33:00 AM »
I just got my first text from Brian. He said that he's sorry for making us worry. He's obviously still tired and resting but he's still with us. I didn't want to pry for more details but I'm confident that he'll be back with us for his HOF date. I have nothing to base that on but it's how I feel. See you soon Brian.

Heather, thank you so much for keeping us in the loop. I appreciate it so much.
Quit 8/04/13
HOF 11/11/13

Offline BearHawk

• Quitter
  • Interests: I'm an ol' country boy from Texas: where I started dipping in the 8th grade over 37 years ago. The US Navy brought me to SO CAL in 1985. I got married to So CAL girl and remained here after I got out of the Navy. I love the outdoors; camping, hiking, hunting and fishing but mostly I love to do wood working. I guess now that I am not wasting money on crap I can have more to do the things I like to do.
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2013, 10:27:00 AM »
Quote from: construction24$7
Quote from: Jdblack
Brian woke up today and was able to speak and move his right hand. The docs took the breathing tube out and are going to try and see if he can eat liquids tonight. All scans show no further damage than what was there with the initial stroke. He is awake now and understands what is happening and where he is.

I am so happy, but still apprehensive. He should not have woke up and been able to do this. Goes to show what the power of prayer and positive thoughts can do.

Heather
Praying for continued healing and progress - God is great! :) Brian is lucky to have you in his life, you're one of the good ones...
Prayers go out to Brian and Heather. Hope for a speedy recovery :D
Heather the power of prayer and positive thinking go miles. I am so glad to hear that Brian is progressing. I will keep praying for him and for you and the family. God Bless you all.
Proper prior planning prevents piss poor performance.
Quit: 8/14/2013; HOF:11/22/2013
Four Years and Still Counting!
17 Floors

Offline construction24$7

• Quitter
  • Interests: Russian Women, Land Development, Fishing, Hunting and Quitting LFEDD.
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2013, 08:34:00 AM »
Quote from: Jdblack
Brian woke up today and was able to speak and move his right hand. The docs took the breathing tube out and are going to try and see if he can eat liquids tonight. All scans show no further damage than what was there with the initial stroke. He is awake now and understands what is happening and where he is.

I am so happy, but still apprehensive. He should not have woke up and been able to do this. Goes to show what the power of prayer and positive thoughts can do.

Heather
Praying for continued healing and progress - God is great! :) Brian is lucky to have you in his life, you're one of the good ones...
Prayers go out to Brian and Heather. Hope for a speedy recovery :D
Quit Date 08/19/2013
HOF 11/26/2013

2nd Floor 03/07/2014

Offline Jdblack

• Quitter
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2013, 03:32:00 PM »

Heather
Quit 8/06/13
HOF 11/13/2013

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2013, 02:09:00 PM »

Heather
Heather,
Thank you for keeping all of us in the loop. I will continue to pray that he and you can both move on from this and that his condition will get better by the minute.

Pinched
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline bjarrett74

• Quitter
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2013, 02:03:00 PM »

Heather

Offline rickddd

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/6/2013
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2013, 11:41:00 AM »
Hi guys, I clicked the link in the group to get here, so I hope I am putting this where it belongs.

Brian came out of the coma Tuesday on his own, he was able to move his left side but not his right side. He was able to speak, although only from the left side of his mouth. He was complaining of a headache Tuesday night before he fell asleep. He has since gone into a non-induced coma. He is on life support and the docs say that he has a 30% chance of coming out of it.

I am devastated, but I also know that he is not in pain. To add to the stress, Brian's 19 year old son was arrested this week on serious felony charges. The family is staying strong and I have family and friends helping with our 2 toddlers. Please keep us in your prayers and thoughts. Thank you to all for your support.

Dean, your kind words and texts are very uplifting, even if you don't think so. Brian always said that you were the one person that helped hold the group together, and now I know why. Thank you so much for your support Dean.

Heather
I can't tell you how sorry I am to hear that, Heather. Brian has been in my prayers daily and will continue to be. Will also pray for strength for you as you go thru this.

Rick
---------------------------
Quit Date: 1/6/2013
Hall of Fame: 4/15/2013
COMMA! 10/2/2015
42nd floor: 7/6/2024

Offline PaddyMac02

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2013, 12:53:00 AM »
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, Brian. Your struggle has had a significant impact on my life, as I have chosen to stop drinking for at least a year. I will post my roll to promise to stay quit from nicotine and alcohol, and think of you when I do.