Author Topic: Somewhat bewildered  (Read 3512 times)

Offline Robcat

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2017-01-28
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Somewhat bewildered
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2017, 10:52:00 AM »
Quote from: rdad
I don't understand why you joined if you want to do this by yourself. This site is for Quitters who want support,accountability, and brotherhood. Every one of us has tried alone, and failed.
I joined to read what others have gone through to make some sense of it all and just maybe come to terms with what I'm feeling. Support doesn't come in the form of badgering and smart ass replies because I like to do things in a different way. Sorry, just rubs me the wrong way, didn't care for it, and responded.

Offline Robcat

• Quitter
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2017, 10:47:00 AM »
Quote from: RES17CUE
Robcat, while the tactfullness may not be what you want at this particular point, the KTC way is posting a promise every day for accountability. Is it the only way to quit? No. But it has proven to be a lifesaver for thousands of people. Take what you need and leave the rest. If you aren't gonna jump in to a quit group then I wish you the best in your quit and I truly hope your way works for you. The hostility you may feel is "annoying" is because time and time again guys have come in here, said "f the way y'all do it", and later fell off the wagon.
Awesome. Thank you for you're sensible and useful post. Very well put. I have no problem with posting roll. Just not a fan of being bullied into it because it's apparantly what others think is THE only option. I'm sure it does help.

Offline Robcat

• Quitter
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2017, 10:44:00 AM »
Quote from: JGlav
Let me get this right. You tried to quit on your own, didn't work, so you look up on the internet a way to quit. You log into KTC for help and then give the finger to very method you were seeking?
That's just flat out fucked up logic. KTC is a life saver if you let it be.
Let me get this right. You make assumptions and you're wrong. Great job!

Offline Robcat

• Quitter
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2017, 10:33:00 AM »
Quote from: Thumblewort
Quote from: Robcat
Quote from: AppleJack
Another "sad attempt"?

Another "it's too hard to do it your way, KTC"?

Dude... IF you come back and read this... Quit happens here. Like, badass, for life, Quit happens here.

Join us.
Never mind. I get it. Obviously not in the mood for it, but I feel you.

Look, I quit for me. Not anyone else. I quit because I wanted to. The only person I am concerned about letting down is me and it's not gonna happen.

I'm pretty sure I can do it however I want to and exactly what the hell does doing it the KTC way mean. Is there one singular magic way that KTC mandates. I will use this site however the hell I need to to get what I need from it.

I really don't need your bullying tactics to get me to do it your way. Worked for you - fantastic! Doesn't mean it's the way for me.

Again, I get it, and I'm sure you mean well and are generally wanting others to succeed, but you're just really irritating at this point in MY quit.

Day 10. Haven't posted roll. Not apologizing for it. Doing great!!
I posted roll, and you can fuck off. Special butterflies can kiss my ass, I got real quitters to support.
You can do whatever you need to. You can fuck off as well.

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2017, 10:09:00 AM »
I don't understand why you joined if you want to do this by yourself. This site is for Quitters who want support,accountability, and brotherhood. Every one of us has tried alone, and failed.

Offline JGlav

• Master of Quit
  • Interests: Quit Date: 9/05/15
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2017, 09:47:00 AM »
Let me get this right. You tried to quit on your own, didn't work, so you look up on the internet a way to quit. You log into KTC for help and then give the finger to very method you were seeking?
That's just flat out fucked up logic. KTC is a life saver if you let it be.

Offline RES17CUE

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-20
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2017, 09:27:00 AM »
Robcat, while the tactfullness may not be what you want at this particular point, the KTC way is posting a promise every day for accountability. Is it the only way to quit? No. But it has proven to be a lifesaver for thousands of people. Take what you need and leave the rest. If you aren't gonna jump in to a quit group then I wish you the best in your quit and I truly hope your way works for you. The hostility you may feel is "annoying" is because time and time again guys have come in here, said "f the way y'all do it", and later fell off the wagon.
You're Quit, Not Cured. KTC will help remind you of the difference.

Quit- 6/20/2014
HOF- 9/27/2014

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2017, 09:26:00 AM »
Quote from: Robcat
Another "sad attempt"?

Dude... IF you come back and read this... Quit happens here. Like, badass, for life, Quit happens here.

Join us.

Look, I quit for me. Not anyone else. I quit because I wanted to. The only person I am concerned about letting down is me and it's not gonna happen.

I'm pretty sure I can do it however I want to and exactly what the hell does doing it the KTC way mean. Is there one singular magic way that KTC mandates. I will use this site however the hell I need to to get what I need from it.

I really don't need your bullying tactics to get me to do it your way. Worked for you - fantastic! Doesn't mean it's the way for me.

Again, I get it, and I'm sure you mean well and are generally wanting others to succeed, but you're just really irritating at this point in MY quit.

I posted roll, and you can fuck off. Special butterflies can kiss my ass, I got real quitters to support.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Robcat

• Quitter
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2017, 08:59:00 AM »
Another "sad attempt"?

Join us.

Offline Robcat

• Quitter
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2017, 08:25:00 AM »
Another "sad attempt"?

Join us.
WTF are you talking about. Seriously!

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2017, 11:04:00 AM »
Another "sad attempt"?

Join us.
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline AppleJack

• Master of Quit
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2017, 04:04:00 PM »
Quote from: Frobozz
Robcat,

Firstly, welcome to the Fraternity. I'm Jim; nicotine-clean since 11/11/2016.

Now, on to your quit. I understand that others get success from using fake dip. Personally, I see no need for it. Is fake dip injurious to health? We don't know that one way or the other. Since I don't want to be a guinea pig, I'll lay off the fake dip. Did you know that all plant material contains carcinogens? It's not just tobacco. Is that coffee dip giving you cancer? We don't know; there aren't enough people dipping coffee for us to study.

It's my personal opinion that everything dip-related has to go. You don't need any of that; you want it. Two different things.

I believe a quit has to be no compromise in order to be a true quit. No compromise with the Nicodemon. No fake stuff. Nothing. Just dump all dip and move on. Stay away for life, one now at a time. I found success in distilling the One Day At A Time (ODAAT) concept down to the infinitely short length of time called 'now'. It was now when I wrote this; it'll be now when you read this. So I never use nicotine now. Later, maybe...but not now. Hence, my mantra - Never Nicotine Now - which I use whenever I get a crave. NNN!

That's it for now. I hope to hear from you again. Are you posting roll? Your group is here: topic/30137057/1/ You would do well to bookmark that.

Fraternally,
Jim H.
February 2017 Cult of Quit.
And that's ^^^ the beauty of this place. Everyone can voice an opinion.

We don't HAVE to see eye to eye. I went full on cold turkey Quit myself... no fake... no substitutes. However... that's what "I" needed to do. Everyone is different.

True Quit is no nicotine... fake or no fake... there is no "better level of Quit".

You do what you need to do.
And to that end... the price of admission here is being a part of a Quit Group and posting roll daily.

You gonna jump in, bro?
AppleJack.

It appears we are in complete accord on this matter...and with 83 days clean, it should be obvious that I am already in.

Peace.
You misunderstand... none of my response was for you.

It was for the benefit of the author of this intro.

'Grats on day 83, btw!

Robcat... ball is in your court.

Offline Frobozz

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2017, 03:57:00 PM »
Robcat,

Now, on to your quit. I understand that others get success from using fake dip. Personally, I see no need for it. Is fake dip injurious to health? We don't know that one way or the other. Since I don't want to be a guinea pig, I'll lay off the fake dip. Did you know that all plant material contains carcinogens? It's not just tobacco. Is that coffee dip giving you cancer? We don't know; there aren't enough people dipping coffee for us to study.

It's my personal opinion that everything dip-related has to go. You don't need any of that; you want it. Two different things.

I believe a quit has to be no compromise in order to be a true quit. No compromise with the Nicodemon. No fake stuff. Nothing. Just dump all dip and move on. Stay away for life, one now at a time. I found success in distilling the One Day At A Time (ODAAT) concept down to the infinitely short length of time called 'now'. It was now when I wrote this; it'll be now when you read this. So I never use nicotine now. Later, maybe...but not now. Hence, my mantra - Never Nicotine Now - which I use whenever I get a crave. NNN!

That's it for now. I hope to hear from you again. Are you posting roll? Your group is here: topic/30137057/1/ You would do well to bookmark that.

Fraternally,
Jim H.

We don't HAVE to see eye to eye. I went full on cold turkey Quit myself... no fake... no substitutes. However... that's what "I" needed to do. Everyone is different.

True Quit is no nicotine... fake or no fake... there is no "better level of Quit".

And to that end... the price of admission here is being a part of a Quit Group and posting roll daily.

You gonna jump in, bro?
AppleJack.

It appears we are in complete accord on this matter...and with 83 days clean, it should be obvious that I am already in.

Peace.

Offline AppleJack

• Master of Quit
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2017, 03:46:00 PM »
Robcat,

Fraternally,
Jim H.

You gonna jump in, bro?

Offline Frobozz

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2017, 02:46:00 PM »
Robcat,

Fraternally,
Jim H.