Author Topic: Somewhat bewildered  (Read 3509 times)

Offline outd00rs

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-09-11
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Somewhat bewildered
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2017, 02:08:00 PM »
Quote from: Robcat
Quote from: DonkeyMN
Hey Robcat, I joined a few days ago. I am using fake dip, seeds, gum, lemon drops, root beer barrels, bit-o-honey, you name it.

I understand what you mean when you say it feels like cheating. I had a non-dipper coworker put some fake in to see if it had any nic in it... lol

I couldn't believe that the feeling of having that in my lip helps so much. Point is, I don't give a crap. I want to be free from the nic bitch and I am reading, trusting what I read - that whatever it takes now to not put that shit in my mouth will subside as the oral fixation is its own problem. Post roll with me.

Quitters never quit.
Exactly!!! I guess I should consider myself blessed to get such peace from using the fake stuff. I've been doing a lot of searching threads and most opinions are to use the fake stuff as much as needed and eventually you just lose interest. Sounds like a plan to me.

Everybody's posts are very helpful.
Robcat,

Pretty young in my quit comparted to lots of these guys. I"m typing this back to you with my lip packed full of fake. Some days I don't even think about it but some days I think I have more fake packed in my lip than I had tobacco.

A couple of big differences that I see.

1. Fake stuff isn't going to kill me like i know nicotine eventually will.

2. As part of this site (Check out your quit group) I have posted roll "my word" not to use nicotine.I'm good with putting cut up glass, burning rubber, maggots.... in my mouth but I WILL not use nicotine today.

Your integrity, your quit brothers and you ever growing confidence in your quit will enable you to be successful.

Like a previous poster stated. Priority 1 is stay off the nicotine. Revisit later once you start to settle into the system and get some support and a little confidence going. It's a cumulative process but it has it's ups and downs like most things.

Let me know if you need any info or support on committing and posting roll with your group if that's where you're going with this.

I'll be proud to quit with you once you commit to quitting.

Offline Robcat

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2017-01-28
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2017, 01:17:00 PM »
Quote from: DonkeyMN
Hey Robcat, I joined a few days ago. I am using fake dip, seeds, gum, lemon drops, root beer barrels, bit-o-honey, you name it.

I understand what you mean when you say it feels like cheating. I had a non-dipper coworker put some fake in to see if it had any nic in it... lol

I couldn't believe that the feeling of having that in my lip helps so much. Point is, I don't give a crap. I want to be free from the nic bitch and I am reading, trusting what I read - that whatever it takes now to not put that shit in my mouth will subside as the oral fixation is its own problem. Post roll with me.

Quitters never quit.
Exactly!!! I guess I should consider myself blessed to get such peace from using the fake stuff. I've been doing a lot of searching threads and most opinions are to use the fake stuff as much as needed and eventually you just lose interest. Sounds like a plan to me.

Everybody's posts are very helpful.

Offline DonkeyMN

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: 01-31-2017
  • Likes Given: 598
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2017, 12:28:00 PM »

Quitters never quit.
To remain quit requires focus
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline Idaho Spuds

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: August 18, 2014
  • Interests: Family, Soccer, fishing, hunting, camping
  • Likes Given: 71
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2017, 12:06:00 PM »
^^^ I second with all those folks and I will add this. You are trying to stop an addiction and a routine activity that you have been doing for 30 years. Pace yourself.
I am 901 days quit, it took a long time before my head and anxiety got straightened out.
Use fake, and say after 300 days revisit the use.

And post roll!

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2017, 11:54:00 AM »
Quote from: AppleJack
Don't think I'm cured by any means. If I gave off that impression it was by mistake.

I'm honestly just a little bothered by the relief I get from using the fake stuff. Not trying to sound like an asshole, but I can get through the day using the fake stuff. Without it it gets pretty damn dicey!!!

I think I'm okay physically at this point, but mentally I'm a mess. Just don't know if it is a good idea to feed the mental addiction by using the fake stuff or break it off now as well.
Here's the bottom line... whatever non-nicotine method keeps you Quit is 100% ok.

This is a process and you're just starting it. Creating a new "normal" is definitely NOT normal. Your brain has to rewire 30 years of addiction and habit.

It doesn't happen right away.

Every advocate of fake will tell you that the need eventually just fades. As your coping toolbox becomes more equipped....the easier this will become.

Do yourself a HUUUUGE favor... to take this to the next level, get involved here. Join your Quit Group. Post and Promise daily to Quit each day. It works, man. I chewed for 25 years and 2 cans a day for a good chunk of it. Today?... 1,388 days Quit.

You can do this...
I can only tell you that I would not be quit still if I had not bought into this brotherhood and system.
That system is built on joining your quit group, posting roll everyday, learning all about our addiction so you have the knowledge to defeat it, and making a shitload of friends you can lean on. You have to want this more than anything. Its the toughest and most rewarding thing I've ever done.

Once again....Join your group and post roll. Its the only thing that finally worked for me. And yes....If I could do it....you can too!

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2017, 11:46:00 AM »
Don't think I'm cured by any means. If I gave off that impression it was by mistake.

I'm honestly just a little bothered by the relief I get from using the fake stuff. Not trying to sound like an asshole, but I can get through the day using the fake stuff. Without it it gets pretty damn dicey!!!

I think I'm okay physically at this point, but mentally I'm a mess. Just don't know if it is a good idea to feed the mental addiction by using the fake stuff or break it off now as well.
Here's the bottom line... whatever non-nicotine method keeps you Quit is 100% ok.

This is a process and you're just starting it. Creating a new "normal" is definitely NOT normal. Your brain has to rewire 30 years of addiction and habit.

It doesn't happen right away.

Every advocate of fake will tell you that the need eventually just fades. As your coping toolbox becomes more equipped....the easier this will become.

Do yourself a HUUUUGE favor... to take this to the next level, get involved here. Join your Quit Group. Post and Promise daily to Quit each day. It works, man. I chewed for 25 years and 2 cans a day for a good chunk of it. Today?... 1,388 days Quit.

You can do this...
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline Robcat

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2017, 11:25:00 AM »

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2017, 09:50:00 PM »
Quote from: nodipinthislip
Quote from: Leonidas
This is day 5 for me. I did the weaning method. Couple weeks at half and half. Couple weeks at 1/4 to 3/4. Then just pure fake stuff. Oddly enough, it wasn't all that hard. Problem now is the nicotine is out of my system so I apparantly have an extreme mental addiction. 30 years of Copenhagen and never quit before.

I'm pretty content with using fake stuff, but I guess my question is -should I be? I went the last 2 days without the fake stuff and those two days were way worse than the first 3 days. I'm afraid at this point I will be addicted to even the fake stuff forever.

Anyone else run into this scenario.
Hey Robcat,

I decided against the fake stuff. I just thought, after 35 years, I needed to break the chain of putting something in my lip.

But that's just me. Everybody's different.
i dipped over twenty years the fake stuff definitely helped i felt that i needed it and then all by itself the need for it goes away i probably used the fake stuff for less than a month
Hey man.

Nothing extreme about your addiction. It's called withdrawal. You're right that it generally takes 3-7 days for the poison to leave your system. During that time, your body throws fits and wants you to furnish more poison. Once the poison is out of your system, you begin healing. You aren't healed. It's not all rainbows and unicorns. You start healing.

Please don't think that cured or you're more of an addict than any of us. You're an addict like us. We don't quit forever and we know that quitting lasts longer than 3 or 4 days. We quit one day at a time and even one minute at a time if we need to. It's fucking badass that you made it to five days but let's keep doing this together man.

We got your back.
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline nodipinthislip

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2017, 09:34:00 PM »
Quote from: Leonidas
This is day 5 for me. I did the weaning method. Couple weeks at half and half. Couple weeks at 1/4 to 3/4. Then just pure fake stuff. Oddly enough, it wasn't all that hard. Problem now is the nicotine is out of my system so I apparantly have an extreme mental addiction. 30 years of Copenhagen and never quit before.

I'm pretty content with using fake stuff, but I guess my question is -should I be? I went the last 2 days without the fake stuff and those two days were way worse than the first 3 days. I'm afraid at this point I will be addicted to even the fake stuff forever.

Hey Robcat,

I decided against the fake stuff. I just thought, after 35 years, I needed to break the chain of putting something in my lip.

i dipped over twenty years the fake stuff definitely helped i felt that i needed it and then all by itself the need for it goes away i probably used the fake stuff for less than a month

Offline Leonidas

• BANNED
  • Master of Quit
  • Schizophrenic Born Again Problem Child
  • Likes Given: 1186
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2017, 08:29:00 PM »

Hey Robcat,

Nothing Gold Can Stay

"When I grow up, I'm gonna grow a Man Bun!!!" - MNxEngineer314

"Yes I'm a weasel, but look! My name's RED!!!" - walterwhite

"Matt....Da_mon...." - Palpatine

Offline baseballbrett

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 48
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2017, 08:28:00 PM »
Hey Rob,

I'm not sure about your question on the fake stuff. I dipped for 11 years, and when I quit, I went to sunflower seeds and tons of chewing gum. Lots of guys around here use the fake stuff, and it seems to work alright for them. If you think it would be a trigger to potentially start again, I would lay off it if I was you.

Around here, people post their promise everyday. That's the one thing that has worked for me in my numerous attempts at quitting over the years. Wake up, find your quit group (May - topic/30137057/109/), post your promise not to use nicotine there, and repeat every damn morning.

I wish you the best of quits.

Offline Robcat

• Quitter
Somewhat bewildered
« on: February 01, 2017, 08:18:00 PM »