Author Topic: The Funk  (Read 4030 times)

Offline Bigbob

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2019-03-27
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The Funk
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2014, 10:34:00 PM »
My man, I have been fighting this hard! You are not alone. Congrats on your quit. I am quitting with you brother. My intro has a lot of advice and encouragement that I don't know what I'd do without. It would probably be worth the read for you.

Offline Braves360

• Quitter
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2014, 09:41:00 PM »
So I am sitting here on day 33 and over the last couple of weeks, life has not been all that enthusiastic. Yes I am tobacco free, and no I'll never suck the nicodik again, but that's where the positive seems to wane. I sit here angry, anxious, my body begging for some sort of release or calming agent. Some suggest that I should go and get on meds, but that doesn't seem like an answer, trading one drug for another. So I sit here and I chat with my brothers of the quit watch. I talk to them about this horrible funk that just seems to show up on your door step and bitch slap the hell out of you.

Everyone talks about the fog and how that hits you over the first 7 days or so of your quit, and then things seem to get better, the cravings subside to some degree, the chemical withdrawals are over, and you are on your way. You've got all the energy and spirit that you need and you are truly excited about your quit.

Then it happens.........once you start to get even the least bit complacent or comfortable in your quit, out of nowhere comes the dreaded funk. It is the little voice in the back of your head that tells you that just one dip wouldn't be that bad. Just one dip every now and then would be the perfect thing to take the edge off. It's like an alcoholic telling you that just one beer will help calm their nerves AND that they can have just one. Well let me tell you my friends, just one, doesn't exist. It's kind of like the old Pringles jingle "one you pop the fun don't stop". As soon as you introduce all of that shit back into your system you have just signed the giant "fuck you" contract in your pocket and possibly your own death warrant. You have become a weak, yellow bellied, spineless bitch, that has no ability to fight through the tough days. Hell you might as well just spend all your time going back and forth through the first week of hell that you experienced at the start of the quit. Not only are you a failure, but I must also add that you are a liar. You promised your quit brothers at the beginning of the day that you would stay quit, that you would keep the bitch out of your mouth and guess what, you have not only caved like a pansy, but you have also destroyed your character. In days gone by, a man's word was all he had.......I may be old school but I think that there is still a lot to be said for that. If your word doesn't keep you quit, then you are worth no more than the dog shit I stepped in this morning.

The funk makes me emotions roll like a roller coaster, and I must admit that I hate this feeling, but just remember for every day that you learn to control those emotions, for every day that you control the bitch, you come closer to taking back full control of your life.

Stay quit brothers.

Offline jayd41

• Quitter
  • Interests: Golf, basketball, anything related to Purdue! Boiler up! Friends and family
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2014, 12:33:00 PM »
Have your gums stopped itching?
Boy I sure could use a beer right about now!

Offline yemtig

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Interests: Fishing, Hunting, Camping.. You name it.. Somewhere out in the woods
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2014, 04:58:00 PM »
Braves... Keep this badass shit up man! Engross yourself in your quit and you will truly live what its like to be free from this shit!  Ill send you my digits in case you need to text/call/bullshit... Lean on your brothers and I QLF with you today sir!

Offline bronc

• Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: 3/14/14
  • Interests: Rodeo, Hunting, Raising my daughter, Cooking and entertaining
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2014, 12:43:00 PM »
Shrek!
Super proud of you today bud...You know how to find me...quit strong. Bronc

Offline rothstein57

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2014, 02:45:00 AM »
Quote from: Diesel2112
Semen.
^^^ 'clap' 'clap'

All kidding aside, hopefully you've already noticed how much help and support you can really get here (except for Diesel :P ). Chances are if you have an issue, someone else here has had the same thing or something similar, so don't be afraid to get involved and ask questions. Welcome to KTC.

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2014, 12:41:00 AM »
Semen.
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline tls37010

• Quitter
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2014, 09:39:00 PM »
Hey man good seeing you in chat and texting with you. Hope all is well.

Offline MCO

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-03-14
  • Interests: Shooting, hunting, fishing, videogames, women, etc.
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2014, 12:39:00 PM »
Hey braves, Good seeing you in chat. If you ever need anything let me know. Pming you my number. Keep up the good work. QLF ODAAT

MCO
Quit: 3/14/2014
HOF: 6/21/2014
Quitting with The Saloon and The Elite 8!!
If you are reading this; I quit with you today.

Offline Kdip

• Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Quitting and helping others quit, riding my motorcycle, baseball, football, old furniture restoration, junk collecting, vintage arcade machines, rafting, tubing, camping, my family and dog
  • Likes Given: 295
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2014, 11:11:00 AM »
You might try some Biotene medicated mouthwash. Its expensive as shit but I used it for extreme dry mouth sometimes when I dipped and it worked when nothing else did.

Offline jayd41

• Quitter
  • Interests: Golf, basketball, anything related to Purdue! Boiler up! Friends and family
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2014, 10:25:00 AM »
I am on day 20 and i seriously go through a package of atomic fireballs every other day because of you particular side effect. The actual itching has gone away and now i'm just hooked on fireballs...but hey..my breath smells better and i'm quit so what the hell right. Quit the fuck on
Boy I sure could use a beer right about now!

Offline Steakbomb18

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/13/2013
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2014, 08:20:00 AM »
Round these parts, we have a technique to get your mind off cravings, involves a desk drawer and your nut sack. I've never heard of this being used for itchy gums, but I have no doubt it will work.

Seriously though, here's the pharmacist talk. Your gums are healing and with like any mouth sore a good gargle / swish and spit will do the trick. Use some salt water or a 50/50 mixture of half hydrogen peroxide and half water. Yes, you can swish an spit with hydrogen peroxide. If this does't help, I have another option for you. PM me if you need it.
Certified Grade A Badass

Offline smatroutsky

• Quitter
  • Interests: Catching whatever will eat a fly, backcountry hunting, bird hunting, mtn biking, and the Green Bay Packers
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2014, 07:53:00 AM »
Happy to see you so involved with chat yesterday, it's a great way to keep your mind off of things...keep up the good work.
As far as the itchy gums, that sounds like a quitting meth thing :D

Offline slinger

• Quitter
  • Interests: My wife and two sons, sports, hunting, fishing, and quitting.
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2014, 06:47:00 PM »
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
Quote from: Emulator
Quote from: braves360
Today is my quit date, I'm 20 hours tobacco free, which I guess is the first step.  I use 2-3 cans of Copenhagen per week and now that I've stopped my gums won't stop itching.  I've tried ice water, lemon water, chocolate, gum, sunflower seeds, my gums still itch.  Anyone have advice on how to curb this or at least get through the aggravation?
eXERCISE AND DRINK WATER FOR NOW. I am not familiar with this side affect. Go to the chat forum and talk to some vets and people as soon as possible.
Maybe get a toothbrush and brush your gums.
Welcome, braves. Get familiar with the site and spend as much time here as you can. The next couple of days will be rough, but we've all been there and you can get through it just like we did. PM me if you need a number or anything.
We are what we repeatedly do. ~ Aristotle

Quit or get off the pot, Sally. ~ Diesel2112

The way I see it, you can either post roll daily or fuck off. ~ jost2brown

Bam! Right in the ass! ~ MonsterEMT

Quit Date: 3/4/14
HOF Date: 6/11/14
2nd Floor: 9/19/14
HOF Speech

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2014, 06:39:00 PM »
Quote from: Emulator
Quote from: braves360
Today is my quit date, I'm 20 hours tobacco free, which I guess is the first step.  I use 2-3 cans of Copenhagen per week and now that I've stopped my gums won't stop itching.  I've tried ice water, lemon water, chocolate, gum, sunflower seeds, my gums still itch.  Anyone have advice on how to curb this or at least get through the aggravation?
eXERCISE AND DRINK WATER FOR NOW. I am not familiar with this side affect. Go to the chat forum and talk to some vets and people as soon as possible.
Maybe get a toothbrush and brush your gums.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018