• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
Re: Intro
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2019, 10:48:21 AM »
Quote from: jpetmpls
Quote from: Jslaton
I'm back. This is funny. I started back dipping for about a year and now here I am quitting again. Damn this is tough. I'm reading back my post from 2 years ago when I was quitting and it's deja vu. I'm 11 days in and I swear this is my toughest quit yet. I'm getting no sleep at all
None. My brain actually hurts because it wants nicotine so bad and my emotions are all over the place. I can't seem to quit for good. I generally make it about 1.5 years then start back. I have done it several times now. KTC helps me every time. I don't really use the forum, but I will read the Web site over and over. I'm going to give it hell again.
Are you for real?
Why don't you give it hell elsewhere? You clearly don't get what it is that we do here and you have no desire to follow our program.

Until you want to quit, instead of just stopping, don't waste the time of those that are here putting in the work to quit every day.

Having cravings. Came back to the site after a couple of years. Re-read this post  Wish I hadn't.
^^^
And this weak dumbass is why we preach hard about posting roll every damn day... getting involved and staying involved.

Period.

Own it or be like this fool.
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline Jslaton

• Likes Given: 0
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2019, 10:10:16 PM »
I'm back. This is funny. I started back dipping for about a year and now here I am quitting again. Damn this is tough. I'm reading back my post from 2 years ago when I was quitting and it's deja vu. I'm 11 days in and I swear this is my toughest quit yet. I'm getting no sleep at all
None. My brain actually hurts because it wants nicotine so bad and my emotions are all over the place. I can't seem to quit for good. I generally make it about 1.5 years then start back. I have done it several times now. KTC helps me every time. I don't really use the forum, but I will read the Web site over and over. I'm going to give it hell again.
Are you for real?
Why don't you give it hell elsewhere? You clearly don't get what it is that we do here and you have no desire to follow our program.

Until you want to quit, instead of just stopping, don't waste the time of those that are here putting in the work to quit every day.

Having cravings. Came back to the site after a couple of years. Re-read this post  Wish I hadn't.

Offline MonsterMedic

• Master of Quit
  • Proud member of the June 2014 Quit Saloon
  • Quit Date: 03.02.14
  • Likes Given: 260
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2016, 11:42:00 AM »
Are you for real?

"Frank Pierce: Saving someone's life is like falling in love. The best drug in the world." - Bringing Out The Dead

Quit Date: 03-02-2014
HOF: 06-09-2014
3K and counting

Offline jpetmpls

• Quitter
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 01.12.15
  • Interests: Hockey, motorcycles, bar/restaurant business, marathons, trail running. Ingested nicotine profusely in many forms for nearly 22 years
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2016, 11:16:00 AM »
Are you for real?

Offline MonsterMedic

• Master of Quit
  • Proud member of the June 2014 Quit Saloon
  • Quit Date: 03.02.14
  • Likes Given: 260
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2016, 07:37:00 AM »
What's funny is you say you want to quit and then don't post roll.

Is there some confusion about what we do here?
"Frank Pierce: Saving someone's life is like falling in love. The best drug in the world." - Bringing Out The Dead

Quit Date: 03-02-2014
HOF: 06-09-2014
3K and counting

Offline Jslaton

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2016, 05:31:00 AM »

Offline Etxaggie

• Quitter
  • Interests: Faith, Family, friends, hunting, & fishing....
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2014, 11:21:00 AM »
James - I had real struggles about day 10 myself. I found that smokey mountain chew  shredded beef jerky chew really helped. I'm on day 29  still use that from time to time, but the first three weeks it was a life saver for me.

Shoot me a msg if you need anything.
Quit 12/31/2013

Offline pbrain04

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2014, 10:18:00 AM »
Welcome

You are in th the right place. Drink the Kool-Aid.

check your inbox (1)

PB

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2014, 09:43:00 AM »
Welcome,
All the things you are going now are nothing compared to the routines and patterns you had established to keep your addiction fed. Small taters in comparison all the way around. Pancreatic CA just kills motherfuckers dead and 100% lethal. Small weight gain no prob, lack of sleep not a problem, irritable easy one to beat CANCER is a mother.

Read read read listen learn...the time you put in now early on will pay dividends later when you build your foundation of QUIT. Read HOF hall of fame speeches you will find parts of you in every one of them.

need anything PM me.
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline B-loMatt

• Quitter
  • Interests: Cooking, gameing, music, sports, the outdoors. Spending time with my family is my biggest hobby, I have two little girls who are my number 1 priority (for real now that I kicked nic out of my life)
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2014, 09:08:00 AM »
I also dipped for 20 or so years, and I also had several stoppages, but then I found KTC. I have not used nicotine in 247 days. You can do this, and yes it gets easier.

Read everything here. Start with the welcome center and keep going from there. You will find all the knowledge you need to be quit. Follow the path that is the KTC way. It works.

Offline slug.go

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/23/14
  • Interests: Family, motorcycles, all sports, hunting, fishing, guns
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 08:53:00 AM »
My name is James and I have been dipping for about 20 years or so. I have quit and re-started dipping several times over the last couple of decades. This time needs to be my last. I am on day 10 without any dip right now and it is still a struggle. I am only sleeping for a couple of hours at a time and I am eating like a horse. I've gained 9 lbs in the last couple of weeks. Man I hope things get easier soon, I am spending a fortune on altoids and chewing gum.

James,
There are over 18,000 people on this site who have been where you are. Join a quit group, post roll and read everything you can! If you haven't had ANY nicotine for ten days, I believe you're in the April 2014 group. You'll drop the weight, forget the $ you're spending on mints and gumÂ…how much did you not spend on dip? How much won't you spend for oral surgeryÂ…or worse? Just don't dip today, one day at a time, my friend. This is a support site, get some phone #s, make some contacts. It's a huge boat and we're all in it.
Quit since 1/23/14

Offline majorhunting

• Quitter
  • Interests: Hunting & Fishing
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 05:28:00 AM »
My name is James and I have been dipping for about 20 years or so. I have quit and re-started dipping several times over the last couple of decades. This time needs to be my last. I am on day 10 without any dip right now and it is still a struggle. I am only sleeping for a couple of hours at a time and I am eating like a horse. I've gained 9 lbs in the last couple of weeks. Man I hope things get easier soon, I am spending a fortune on altoids and chewing gum.
Welcome James,

First off find a quit group and start posting roll. It does get easier. I am at day 73 and I still fight the urge but it isn't as fierce as the first few weeks were. Take it one day at a time and have confidence in yourself. Make sure you post roll everyday and be strict. Start breaking the routine of chewing. Invest is hard candy and seeds. Everyone is here to help your quit. As well as you are here to help others. Do not be afraid to reach out and ask for anything. You can pm me with any questions. Take this seriously and get it done. Now is the time to prove your going to be done by posting roll.

Majorhunting
Martin

Quit Date-11/18/2013
HOF Date-2/25/2014

Offline Jslaton

Intro
« on: January 29, 2014, 05:01:00 AM »