Author Topic: New Quitter  (Read 4183 times)

Offline Jerk11

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
New Quitter
« on: January 05, 2015, 03:09:00 PM »
Hey all, the names Joe. I have decided to quit all forms of nicotine starting today, and will be nicotine free for a full 24 hours by about 5:00 pm CT. I've been dipping for about 6 years now, and am DONE. I am done with having to hide it from certain people and family members, and it's big time chick repellant. As one of my buddies that actually cares for my well-being has explained, not many good looking, normal females my age (I'm 25) want to put up with that for very long, and many of them will avoid me if they see me doing it. That being said, I'm doing this for MYSELF. For my health. So that I don't feel hypocritical in eating healthier and working out 5 times per week, yet incessantly putting poison in my body solely to get my "fix". I'm also on some medication that can interfere with it, making me already moody, irritable, etc.

So far, brain fog has been the biggest symptom at the 21 hour mark as I write this. Yet, nothing worse than what a hangover feels like. Headache, little sluggish, and brain fog. Other than that, I feel fine.

Bottom line is that I genuinely want to quit. I am confident that I can beat this addiction, yet humble enough to know I WILL ABSOLUTELY need help along the way, from those of you that can help me. I'm willing to fight to save my life, as any addict should in an ideal world. No more excuses. No more bullshit negative ruminating thoughts in my head that say I can't do this or I am a loser blah blah. This is my day of reckoning for me against my past self, big tobacco companies, those that think I can't quit, and most importantly... The nic bitch. You can do all the mind trickery in the world nic, but I don't think you realize who you are up against. You will soon.