Author Topic: The last time that I will ever quit Copenhagen  (Read 6217 times)

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The last time that I will ever quit Copenhagen
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2014, 02:35:00 PM »
It appears it won't be hard to improve on your presence here this time, only 1 post in 2011. One huge thing required in quitting is the recognition that the addiction is forever so quitting daily is something that never stops.
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2014, 12:49:00 PM »
Quote from: razd611
Quote from: LeonardThompson
razD, The plan is to remember what happened to me on Monday always, and also, I'm making this quit about me. I've always made it about the wife, kids, etc.  That's never worked.
You need to get some numbers. Make some contacts in your group you can call or text. It will help. There more you put into this the more you get out.

1. I have to get permission from my wife first. I have to tell her that I have decided to be the utmost kind of selfish there is.
2.I have to contact every quit brother in my phone and get permission, lets say it's over 100 names. by this amont of time any crave or situation will have resolved itself.

I have never needed step 2.
LeonardThompson,

Welcome.
Your answers were so-so.
Trust me God has not a thing to do with your being quit, nor when we committed slow suicide DAILY, period
Your quit is entirely up to what you tell yourself in your addict head.
You do know that you are a nicotine addict..right? We all are, period

You wanna really get quit and "be quit"?
Get real with what nic is...a Poison not to be romanticized. A poison that we willingly ingested 24/7 because we were slaves to its lies.
You want freedom for life? Then stay here, get involved, learn ODAAT and NAFAR.
Take what you need, give what you can and leave the bitchin' to the bitches.
The decision is ours everyday our feet hit the floor!
Post Roll
Keep your word
Wake and Repeat
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline jbradley

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2014, 12:45:00 PM »
I read your 10 step plan, I agree with rewarding yourself but you cannot control 100 days from now, let alone 1 year from now. This has to be about TODAY and today alone. Tomorrow is just a dream, leave it there.

Today you can choose to be free.
Today you can choose to be the best man you can be.
Today is the day, fuck tomorrow.

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2014, 12:42:00 PM »
Nice, razD611. I'm going to use that spousal permission plan. That's awesome.
Make sure you have step 2 ready just in case. She may have a secret life insurance policy on you that you don't know about.
Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t

Offline slug.go

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/23/14
  • Interests: Family, motorcycles, all sports, hunting, fishing, guns
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2014, 12:33:00 PM »
LT,
Scour your car/truck, where you work/live. Find your 'emergency/stash' cans and flush that crap. Do it today.
Quit since 1/23/14

Offline LeonardThompson

• Quitter
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2014, 12:25:00 PM »
Nice, razD611. I'm going to use that spousal permission plan. That's awesome.

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2014, 12:21:00 PM »
razD, The plan is to remember what happened to me on Monday always, and also, I'm making this quit about me. I've always made it about the wife, kids, etc.  That's never worked.
You need to get some numbers. Make some contacts in your group you can call or text. It will help. There more you put into this the more you get out.

1. I have to get permission from my wife first. I have to tell her that I have decided to be the utmost kind of selfish there is.
2.I have to contact every quit brother in my phone and get permission, lets say it's over 100 names. by this amont of time any crave or situation will have resolved itself.

I have never needed step 2.

Hurt Feelings Report

Offline LeonardThompson

• Quitter
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2014, 11:55:00 AM »
razD, The plan is to remember what happened to me on Monday always, and also, I'm making this quit about me. I've always made it about the wife, kids, etc. That's never worked.

Offline Winter Green

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2014, 11:52:00 AM »
Someone requested a 10 step quit plan. Here goes.

1. Post roll every day. That was given to me.
2. Pray
3. Surrender.
4. First few days. Do whatever it takes to not dip. If no work gets done, whatever.
5. After the first few days, remember what I went through for the first few days, and not want to go there again.
6. Talk about quitting...here, to my wife, co-workers. I've tried to quit before in secret, and that is stupid - no accountability.
7. Enjoy my fresh minty breath!
8. Make my wife and kids in charge of loose change. I don't even want to know where you're keeping it.
9. Reward myself on day 100, and Day 1 year. Eyes on the Prize.
10. Think about how I never have to go into a convenience store ever again. (For some reason convenience store clerks creep me out now...like Carnies.)
Tarpon17 requested it. Follow it and its fail proof. Dont use nicotine.
Quit~December - 2 - 2013
1st Floor~March - 11 - 2014

Offline LeonardThompson

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2014, 11:50:00 AM »
Someone requested a 10 step quit plan. Here goes.

1. Post roll every day. That was given to me.
2. Pray
3. Surrender.
4. First few days. Do whatever it takes to not dip. If no work gets done, whatever.
5. After the first few days, remember what I went through for the first few days, and not want to go there again.
6. Talk about quitting...here, to my wife, co-workers. I've tried to quit before in secret, and that is stupid - no accountability.
7. Enjoy my fresh minty breath!
8. Make my wife and kids in charge of loose change. I don't even want to know where you're keeping it.
9. Reward myself on day 100, and Day 1 year. Eyes on the Prize.
10. Think about how I never have to go into a convenience store ever again. (For some reason convenience store clerks creep me out now...like Carnies.)

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2014, 11:43:00 AM »
What happened? At the end of July 2011, I wanted a dip really bad, and I caved. Just one dip turned to I'll just finish the can, to I'll quit by Christmas, to I'll quit in a year, to Holy fuck...I'm a dipper again.

Why did it happen? That's easy. I didn't want to quit. I wanted my family to stop worrying about me quitting. You can't quit for your wife, your kids, or your dog. You have to be ready to do it for yourself.

What will I do differently? Post here every day. I'm journaling this time also. Writing this down really helps.

To answer your question Minny, I think God leaves it up to us mostly, but every now and then, during the mostly random chain of events that we call life, the stars align, 2 +2 does equal 4, and you can choose to ignore those fleeting moments, or you can take heed.

I'm taking heed this time.
What I want to know is what are you gonna do next time you "really want one"? There are times this very day that I think I really want one, but I don't go there. I have a plan to prevent that.

What is your plan for the next time the nic whore comes a calling at 2am? Or whenever?

Hurt Feelings Report

Offline LeonardThompson

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2014, 11:22:00 AM »
What happened? At the end of July 2011, I wanted a dip really bad, and I caved. Just one dip turned to I'll just finish the can, to I'll quit by Christmas, to I'll quit in a year, to Holy fuck...I'm a dipper again.

Why did it happen? That's easy. I didn't want to quit. I wanted my family to stop worrying about me quitting. You can't quit for your wife, your kids, or your dog. You have to be ready to do it for yourself.

What will I do differently? Post here every day. I'm journaling this time also. Writing this down really helps.

To answer your question Minny, I think God leaves it up to us mostly, but every now and then, during the mostly random chain of events that we call life, the stars align, 2 +2 does equal 4, and you can choose to ignore those fleeting moments, or you can take heed.

I'm taking heed this time.

Offline Minny

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2014, 10:28:00 AM »
I'm LeonardThompson. I first showed up here back 2011. I did about 25 days cold turkey during June-July 2011, caved, and went right back to using.

I'm a 30 + yr Copenhagen user. I received an ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY WITHOUT-A-DOUBT sign from God to quit using on Monday, 2/24/14.

So...I'm done. I'm here because I've always been kind of a closet dipper, and it's cool as shit to read some of the stuff here and say, "Right on...I totally dig what you're saying there."

Thanks for looking-listening.
The sign from God you saw after 30 years of using begs the question: was the lack of a sign for 30 years God's tacit acceptance of your addiction?

No thing or no one has any say on whether or not you continue or quit this epoch of slavery; not God or any one at KTC. It's up to you alone.

Using is a choice.
Quit Date 7/12/13
HOF Date 10/19/13

My HOF Speech

Offline kkljinc

• Quitter
  • Interests: I love to workout, RUN, and Weights. Hunter and a Fisherman. Golf is my passion.Wife and kids keep me busy.
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2014, 10:27:00 AM »
Quote from: Minny
I'm LeonardThompson. I first showed up here back 2011. I did about 25 days cold turkey during June-July 2011, caved, and went right back to using.

I'm a 30 + yr Copenhagen user. I received an ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY WITHOUT-A-DOUBT sign from God to quit using on Monday, 2/24/14.

So...I'm done. I'm here because I've always been kind of a closet dipper, and it's cool as shit to read some of the stuff here and say, "Right on...I totally dig what you're saying there."

Well Leonard, you were here long enough to know the rules. You need to answer the three questions:

1. What happened?
2. Why did it happen?
3. What are you going to do differently this time?

Answer them with brutal honesty...
I'm with Minny, no matter how long, you've got to man up and answer. Also, need to get into your old group and explain to them as well.

Glad to have you back, but you have to pay the cost of admission

Offline Minny

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 10:21:00 AM »

Well Leonard, you were here long enough to know the rules. You need to answer the three questions:

1. What happened?
2. Why did it happen?
3. What are you going to do differently this time?

Answer them with brutal honesty...
Quit Date 7/12/13
HOF Date 10/19/13

My HOF Speech