Author Topic: The last time that I will ever quit Copenhagen  (Read 4574 times)

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: The last time that I will ever quit Copenhagen
« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2014, 02:07:00 AM »
Quote from: LeonardThompson
28 days in...I haven't gone this long without nicotine since 1994. Still having some craves, but they pass after a few pushups and deep breathing.

My worst crave is consistently the LastDipBeforeBed dip. Nicotine wants to attack me at my weakest point of the day, I guess. Of course, that's a dumbass move on it's part, because it's pretty unlikely that I'm going to make it out of my house unnoticed at midnight for a convenience store run.

Speaking of the convenience store, I wound up at my convenience store on Sat. Was going to vacuum the car, and needed quarters. I walked in, and my dude laid it up on the counter. Can o' Copenhagen long cut. I said, "Put that shit away and give me 4 quarters." As I lay my G-Dub on the counter, he asked if I quit, and I told him I had, and he said, "That's what I thought...I've noticed you haven't been around."

Fucking A Right you've noticed. Bitch.

LeonardThompson 28 Nicotine - ZERO.
Yes!!! Fuck that mother fucker.

He does it again, tell him to shove it up his bitch fucking ass. You're done.

Good shit.

Quit on...
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline bronc

• Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: 3/14/14
  • Interests: Rodeo, Hunting, Raising my daughter, Cooking and entertaining
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2014, 11:02:00 PM »
28 days in...I haven't gone this long without nicotine since 1994. Still having some craves, but they pass after a few pushups and deep breathing.

My worst crave is consistently the LastDipBeforeBed dip. Nicotine wants to attack me at my weakest point of the day, I guess. Of course, that's a dumbass move on it's part, because it's pretty unlikely that I'm going to make it out of my house unnoticed at midnight for a convenience store run.

Speaking of the convenience store, I wound up at my convenience store on Sat. Was going to vacuum the car, and needed quarters. I walked in, and my dude laid it up on the counter. Can o' Copenhagen long cut. I said, "Put that shit away and give me 4 quarters." As I lay my G-Dub on the counter, he asked if I quit, and I told him I had, and he said, "That's what I thought...I've noticed you haven't been around."

Pure Awesomeness! Proud to be quit with you today!

Offline LeonardThompson

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2014, 10:58:00 PM »

Offline MonsterMedic

• Master of Quit
  • Proud member of the June 2014 Quit Saloon
  • Quit Date: 03.02.14
  • Likes Given: 260
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2014, 07:00:00 AM »
I know the feeling of a long shift and wanting a dip. Luckily I've gotten on here when the cravings hit too hard and then I'm good. That or I text one of the guys I've connected with on here. This site is a GREAT resource.
"Frank Pierce: Saving someone's life is like falling in love. The best drug in the world." - Bringing Out The Dead

Quit Date: 03-02-2014
HOF: 06-09-2014
3K and counting

Offline copingwithoutcopen

• Quitting MoFo
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2014, 08:41:00 PM »
Quote from: 30isEnuff
Quote from: slug.go
Quote from: srans
Quote from: hypothesaurus
Day 12 was an entire day of dip triggers for me. Hard ones. We had trees down everywhere from the latest winter episode here in North Cakalaka. It was 65 degrees today, and I gots to break out the chainsaw.

Now for me, they might as well have put an extra instruction on starting a chainsaw - 1. pull choke 2. Make sure bottom lip is full of Copenhagen...you get the pic.

It was rough, but I made it through by chanting my mantra in my head about having to start over if I fuck up...and sawing two entire pine trees down to the size of Lincoln logs while chewing several packs of gum helped also.

I wouldn't have gotten through this day without remembering the kick ass stuff I'd gotten from this site.

Old timers, if you're reading this...Thanks...a lot. Guests, and newbies like me, USE THIS SITE. READ IT. IT COULD BE THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN QUITTING AND CAVING ONE DAY.
Way to man up and kick the bitch aside. Congrats on the victory.
You had a great day my friend. Great job. That was a day of wins. Next time you crank that chainsaw it will be easier. Next time all those triggers face you it will be easier. Keep doing what your doing. Things will get easier and easier. Glad to be quit with you. ;)
Good on you LT. Been backing your quit since Day 1, keep it strong!
AWESOME!
'chain'

killin it every day!

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2014, 08:25:00 PM »
Quote from: slug.go
Day 12 was an entire day of dip triggers for me. Hard ones. We had trees down everywhere from the latest winter episode here in North Cakalaka. It was 65 degrees today, and I gots to break out the chainsaw.

Now for me, they might as well have put an extra instruction on starting a chainsaw - 1. pull choke 2. Make sure bottom lip is full of Copenhagen...you get the pic.

It was rough, but I made it through by chanting my mantra in my head about having to start over if I fuck up...and sawing two entire pine trees down to the size of Lincoln logs while chewing several packs of gum helped also.

I wouldn't have gotten through this day without remembering the kick ass stuff I'd gotten from this site.

Old timers, if you're reading this...Thanks...a lot. Guests, and newbies like me, USE THIS SITE. READ IT. IT COULD BE THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN QUITTING AND CAVING ONE DAY.
You had a great day my friend. Great job. That was a day of wins. Next time you crank that chainsaw it will be easier. Next time all those triggers face you it will be easier. Keep doing what your doing. Things will get easier and easier. Glad to be quit with you. ;)
AWESOME!
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline Menace

• Quitter
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2014, 12:12:00 PM »
LT, keep up the good work but don't let your guard down either. The trail for this journey never ends...........................
Menace

I'm a Quitter, Are You?

Offline slug.go

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/23/14
  • Interests: Family, motorcycles, all sports, hunting, fishing, guns
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2014, 11:12:00 AM »

Quit since 1/23/14

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2014, 09:30:00 AM »

Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline hypothesaurus_rex

• Quitter
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2014, 11:21:00 PM »

Offline LeonardThompson

• Quitter
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2014, 11:16:00 PM »

Offline Steakbomb18

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/13/2013
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2014, 10:47:00 PM »
Quote from: SAM83
Quote from: derk40
Quote from: razd611
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
Quote from: Coach
Quote from: Zillah
Day 8 is here. I can say that I have one week under my belt. I also have a few observations...

1. This site is a fucking awesome crutch. I've been in chat, posted roll, and got some 911 help numbers. KTC will definitely be STAYING as part of my quit plan. I'm a retread that didn't get posting roll. I do now. I fucking almost broke my neck posting roll Sat. am. The accountability aspect is helping me greatly. Wished I 'd used it YEARS ago.

2. This goes to anybody out there who is reading this as a guest...you've still got your can of dip, and you're maybe thinking, "This looks pretty cool. I'm going to finish this can tonight, and come back here tomorrow, and quit."

FUCK THAT BULLSHIT. QUIT RIGHT FUCKING NOW. RIGHT. THEFUCK. NOW. I planned many, many, many extravagant, ceremonial future quits over the 30 plus years that I dipped. None of them made it 8 days. Some of them didn't make it 8 minutes.

Monday 2/24. I was blindsided with my quit. I didn't expect to. One minute I was looking forward to the MondayMorningDip, and as soon as I realized I wanted to quit, I flushed that shit, and I got my ass back here for redemption. It's working.

3. I've read "quit for yourself" many times on here. It is so fucking true. The only reason that I'm not dipping this week is because I chose not to. God forbid if my wife and kids were abducted by aliens today, I still wouldn't fucking dip. Mulder and Scully could show up with a can of Copenhagen at my door and tell me that the Martians got 'em, and I would tell them to go fuck themselves. QUIT FOR YOU.

4. Gum and mints really fucking work. So does drinking the shit out of water.

5. If you don't exercise. Start. If you do exercise. Do it more.  I have used racquetball, running, and swimming as a crutch this week. It has helped.

6. I'm documenting everything that I feel this week every day. I never want to forget how hard this first part of quitting is.

Whenever a hard crave comes on, I say..."This feels pretty fucking bad right now. And the only thing that a dip will do right now is GUARANTHEFUCKTEE that I will have to feel the exact same way again." I've been able to get through some serious craves like that.

That's all I've got for now. Thanks for the air time.
Folks, this is what a "fuckin'-A" quit looks like right here! Nice job LT!
An out of this world alien quit llike a mudderfuggin badass alien killer!
Proud of You today! You got this ODAAT and NAFAR, period
I smell quit in here.....and of course, this.... 'BanDog' ...like fuck
You fucking get it! Nice! Keep it up ODAAT.
'clap'
Now that is a quitters attitude. Hell ya brother. Quit with you all damn day!
Hell Ya! ;Ironman: ;Ironman: ;Ironman:
I feel like I just watched that scene from Old School where Frank the Tank nails the debate question. "That is how you do it, That is how you debate!" Except in this instance, it's more like "That is how you Q-L-F!" Way to work bro.
Certified Grade A Badass

Offline SAM83

• Quit Pro
  • A failure to plan is a plan to fail!
  • Quit Date: 1/6/2014
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Camping, Motorcycle Touring, White Water Sports, Cooking/Grilling/Smoking (Food), Anything Outdoors and Go Steelers!
  • Likes Given: 220
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2014, 10:26:00 PM »
Quote from: derk40
Day 8 is here. I can say that I have one week under my belt. I also have a few observations...

1. This site is a fucking awesome crutch. I've been in chat, posted roll, and got some 911 help numbers. KTC will definitely be STAYING as part of my quit plan. I'm a retread that didn't get posting roll. I do now. I fucking almost broke my neck posting roll Sat. am. The accountability aspect is helping me greatly. Wished I 'd used it YEARS ago.

2. This goes to anybody out there who is reading this as a guest...you've still got your can of dip, and you're maybe thinking, "This looks pretty cool. I'm going to finish this can tonight, and come back here tomorrow, and quit."

FUCK THAT BULLSHIT. QUIT RIGHT FUCKING NOW. RIGHT. THEFUCK. NOW. I planned many, many, many extravagant, ceremonial future quits over the 30 plus years that I dipped. None of them made it 8 days. Some of them didn't make it 8 minutes.

Monday 2/24. I was blindsided with my quit. I didn't expect to. One minute I was looking forward to the MondayMorningDip, and as soon as I realized I wanted to quit, I flushed that shit, and I got my ass back here for redemption. It's working.

3. I've read "quit for yourself" many times on here. It is so fucking true. The only reason that I'm not dipping this week is because I chose not to. God forbid if my wife and kids were abducted by aliens today, I still wouldn't fucking dip. Mulder and Scully could show up with a can of Copenhagen at my door and tell me that the Martians got 'em, and I would tell them to go fuck themselves. QUIT FOR YOU.

5. If you don't exercise. Start. If you do exercise. Do it more.  I have used racquetball, running, and swimming as a crutch this week. It has helped.

6. I'm documenting everything that I feel this week every day. I never want to forget how hard this first part of quitting is.

Whenever a hard crave comes on, I say..."This feels pretty fucking bad right now. And the only thing that a dip will do right now is GUARANTHEFUCKTEE that I will have to feel the exact same way again." I've been able to get through some serious craves like that.

'clap'
Hell Ya! ;Ironman: ;Ironman: ;Ironman:

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2014, 05:45:00 PM »

'clap'
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2014, 03:51:00 PM »

'clap'
Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t