Author Topic: The last time that I will ever quit Copenhagen  (Read 4673 times)

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
Re: The last time that I will ever quit Copenhagen
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2014, 03:01:00 PM »
Quote from: Coach
Quote from: 30isEnuff
Quote from: Zillah
Quote from: LeonardThompson
Day 8 is here. I can say that I have one week under my belt. I also have a few observations...

1. This site is a fucking awesome crutch. I've been in chat, posted roll, and got some 911 help numbers. KTC will definitely be STAYING as part of my quit plan. I'm a retread that didn't get posting roll. I do now. I fucking almost broke my neck posting roll Sat. am. The accountability aspect is helping me greatly. Wished I 'd used it YEARS ago.

2. This goes to anybody out there who is reading this as a guest...you've still got your can of dip, and you're maybe thinking, "This looks pretty cool. I'm going to finish this can tonight, and come back here tomorrow, and quit."

FUCK THAT BULLSHIT. QUIT RIGHT FUCKING NOW. RIGHT. THEFUCK. NOW. I planned many, many, many extravagant, ceremonial future quits over the 30 plus years that I dipped. None of them made it 8 days. Some of them didn't make it 8 minutes.

Monday 2/24. I was blindsided with my quit. I didn't expect to. One minute I was looking forward to the MondayMorningDip, and as soon as I realized I wanted to quit, I flushed that shit, and I got my ass back here for redemption. It's working.

3. I've read "quit for yourself" many times on here. It is so fucking true. The only reason that I'm not dipping this week is because I chose not to. God forbid if my wife and kids were abducted by aliens today, I still wouldn't fucking dip. Mulder and Scully could show up with a can of Copenhagen at my door and tell me that the Martians got 'em, and I would tell them to go fuck themselves. QUIT FOR YOU.

4. Gum and mints really fucking work. So does drinking the shit out of water.

5. If you don't exercise. Start. If you do exercise. Do it more.  I have used racquetball, running, and swimming as a crutch this week. It has helped.

6. I'm documenting everything that I feel this week every day. I never want to forget how hard this first part of quitting is.

Whenever a hard crave comes on, I say..."This feels pretty fucking bad right now. And the only thing that a dip will do right now is GUARANTHEFUCKTEE that I will have to feel the exact same way again." I've been able to get through some serious craves like that.

That's all I've got for now. Thanks for the air time.
Folks, this is what a "fuckin'-A" quit looks like right here! Nice job LT!
An out of this world alien quit llike a mudderfuggin badass alien killer!
Proud of You today! You got this ODAAT and NAFAR, period
I smell quit in here.....and of course, this.... 'BanDog' ...like fuck
You fucking get it! Nice! Keep it up ODAAT.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline Coach Steve

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Being quit. Staying quit. Pretty much just quitting like fuck.
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2014, 02:45:00 PM »
Quote from: 30isEnuff
Day 8 is here. I can say that I have one week under my belt. I also have a few observations...

1. This site is a fucking awesome crutch. I've been in chat, posted roll, and got some 911 help numbers. KTC will definitely be STAYING as part of my quit plan. I'm a retread that didn't get posting roll. I do now. I fucking almost broke my neck posting roll Sat. am. The accountability aspect is helping me greatly. Wished I 'd used it YEARS ago.

2. This goes to anybody out there who is reading this as a guest...you've still got your can of dip, and you're maybe thinking, "This looks pretty cool. I'm going to finish this can tonight, and come back here tomorrow, and quit."

FUCK THAT BULLSHIT. QUIT RIGHT FUCKING NOW. RIGHT. THEFUCK. NOW. I planned many, many, many extravagant, ceremonial future quits over the 30 plus years that I dipped. None of them made it 8 days. Some of them didn't make it 8 minutes.

Monday 2/24. I was blindsided with my quit. I didn't expect to. One minute I was looking forward to the MondayMorningDip, and as soon as I realized I wanted to quit, I flushed that shit, and I got my ass back here for redemption. It's working.

3. I've read "quit for yourself" many times on here. It is so fucking true. The only reason that I'm not dipping this week is because I chose not to. God forbid if my wife and kids were abducted by aliens today, I still wouldn't fucking dip. Mulder and Scully could show up with a can of Copenhagen at my door and tell me that the Martians got 'em, and I would tell them to go fuck themselves. QUIT FOR YOU.

5. If you don't exercise. Start. If you do exercise. Do it more.  I have used racquetball, running, and swimming as a crutch this week. It has helped.

6. I'm documenting everything that I feel this week every day. I never want to forget how hard this first part of quitting is.

Whenever a hard crave comes on, I say..."This feels pretty fucking bad right now. And the only thing that a dip will do right now is GUARANTHEFUCKTEE that I will have to feel the exact same way again." I've been able to get through some serious craves like that.

I smell quit in here.....and of course, this.... 'BanDog' ...like fuck
Make Your Decision

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2014, 02:36:00 PM »

Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline ZillahCowboy

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2014, 02:00:00 PM »

5. If you don't exercise. Start. If you do exercise. Do it more. I have used racquetball, running, and swimming as a crutch this week. It has helped.

Offline LeonardThompson

• Quitter
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2014, 01:55:00 PM »

5. If you don't exercise. Start. If you do exercise. Do it more. I have used racquetball, running, and swimming as a crutch this week. It has helped.

Offline luby

• Quitting MoFo
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2014, 05:09:00 PM »
Quote from: slug.go
Quote from: CBird65
Got my weekend plan together.

Lot of car time with the mizzuz for Sat. Church Sun. 3 hrs of court time at the Y reserved for Sun evening with my Son. Gonna pound the everlovin' motherfuckin' shit out of some racquetballs.

In case of 911 I have tarpon's digits. Good luck to all you new guys like me this weekend.
love the enthusiasm - watch out for that tarpon guy - he'll have you posting roll in his room daily

One word we abhor on KTC is luck - we are determined quitters here and leave nothing to chance, fate or luck.

:rolleyes:
Yes, watch out for Tarpon's 'digits'...
gotta another part to add to your plan, interact with your quit group brothers, get some digits interact with the guys going through what you are, we are all in this together but those are the guys suffering through the exact same thing, and they're the ones to get your bitch on with as you fight side by side....

see that was nice good advice, I'm not always a dick. 'crackup'

Offline slug.go

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/23/14
  • Interests: Family, motorcycles, all sports, hunting, fishing, guns
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2014, 03:50:00 PM »
Quote from: CBird65

Lot of car time with the mizzuz for Sat. Church Sun. 3 hrs of court time at the Y reserved for Sun evening with my Son. Gonna pound the everlovin' motherfuckin' shit out of some racquetballs.

In case of 911 I have tarpon's digits. Good luck to all you new guys like me this weekend.
love the enthusiasm - watch out for that tarpon guy - he'll have you posting roll in his room daily

One word we abhor on KTC is luck - we are determined quitters here and leave nothing to chance, fate or luck.

Yes, watch out for Tarpon's 'digits'...
Quit since 1/23/14

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Own it or be OWNED by it
  • Quit Date: 12-31-2011
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
  • Likes Given: 628
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2014, 01:59:00 PM »

Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44 45

Assurance

Offline LeonardThompson

• Quitter
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2014, 01:33:00 PM »

Offline LeonardThompson

• Quitter
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2014, 07:46:00 AM »
Thanks for all of the support. Awesome stuff.
Some of you have posted that I need to quit for myself. That I can't do it for God, etc. I must be mincing my words here, because I KNOW THAT. I'm taking what happened to me on Monday, and using it as motivation to quit for MYSELF. See my 10 step plan.

Offline mb289

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2/17/2014
  • Interests: Motorcycling, camping and welding
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2014, 07:52:00 PM »
LT, you have to quit for yourself, otherwise it won't work. For me, I made the decision on 2/17 that I was done with dip FOR GOOD and failure is just not an option. Help is here if you need it.

mb289

Offline Quitforsoj

• Quitter
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2014, 07:12:00 PM »
Quit for yourself --- you can do it

Offline luby

• Quitting MoFo
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2014, 06:36:00 PM »
Quote from: tarpon17
Quote from: Luby
Leonard, I challenged you in Oct '11 to prove to me you are serious this time. I've got my doubts but I look forward to seeing if you can prove I am wrong. Sadly I'm usually not wrong.
Leonard has spent most of the day in chat and I think he's had a few gallons of the kool aid. Based on the evidence, he had two posts as of yesterday. One in 2011 and one yesterday.

The first post seems obvious. Quitting was a great idea, but after the warm and fuzzy wore off, the shit got real and it just wasnt going to happen. Not ready.

He's back with a day 3. I've challenged him to make a 10 point plan, not the greatest, but its dynamic, he's got time to figure it out.

Its up to him, but I think he's on the right track.
Hey I'm giving him the chance to prove me wrong, prove to me he wants it like I do, I hope he shows me what I want to see, I'm just skeptical.

Offline tarpon17

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2014, 05:27:00 PM »
Quote from: Luby
Leonard, I challenged you in Oct '11 to prove to me you are serious this time. I've got my doubts but I look forward to seeing if you can prove I am wrong. Sadly I'm usually not wrong.
Leonard has spent most of the day in chat and I think he's had a few gallons of the kool aid. Based on the evidence, he had two posts as of yesterday. One in 2011 and one yesterday.

The first post seems obvious. Quitting was a great idea, but after the warm and fuzzy wore off, the shit got real and it just wasnt going to happen. Not ready.

He's back with a day 3. I've challenged him to make a 10 point plan, not the greatest, but its dynamic, he's got time to figure it out.

Its up to him, but I think he's on the right track.

Offline luby

• Quitting MoFo
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2014, 03:55:00 PM »