Author Topic: June 1st, 2018 my last quit. IÂ’m done  (Read 3965 times)

Offline pky1520

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: May 2, 2016
  • Interests: Hunting, fishing
  • Likes Given: 88
Re: June 1st, 2018 my last quit. IÂ’m done
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2018, 11:31:00 AM »
Quote from: Clint31
Quote from: Leonidas
Well I fucked up. That didnÂ’t take long.

So basically we took my son to get a haircut. He screamed for about an hour straight. Went to two places to get breakfast. Both grills broke, because of course. Got in a fight with my wife. Made my 3 year old daughter sad. Figured fuck it who care if something happens to me, had a dip. Read the roll call thing and tried to figure it out. Saw my post was deleted. The grizzly straight tasted absolutely disgusting and chalky more than normal. It really is gross. So if thatÂ’s any consolation. I did throw it out. Back to square one. So I failed.

My tooth on the left side of my mouth is extra exposed- the gum line is far down receded. I am hoping (I think) thatÂ’s what the strange pain is from that led me here. I do think thatÂ’s why IÂ’m gonna stay quit. ItÂ’s not a front tooth. ItÂ’s the bottom tooth before mollars start. G
Go get your ass on roll, and quit fuckin around.
I did man, and it was deleted.
Dude what the everloving fuck? I saw that you made a post making a promise in the September group at around 8:30am and then this?! Your post not getting picked up doesn't negate that promise. Not having your name on the board doesn't give you free reign to step back on the word you gave three GD hours ago!

You need to do some serious freaking reflection on if this is really right for you. We don't try around here, this is for real Quit only. If you don't really want that, then you don't need to be here.

Spend some serious thought on whether you really want to be quit and are willing to actually work for it before considering posting here again.

Offline Clint31

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2018, 11:25:00 AM »
Quote from: Leonidas

So basically we took my son to get a haircut. He screamed for about an hour straight. Went to two places to get breakfast. Both grills broke, because of course. Got in a fight with my wife. Made my 3 year old daughter sad. Figured fuck it who care if something happens to me, had a dip. Read the roll call thing and tried to figure it out. Saw my post was deleted. The grizzly straight tasted absolutely disgusting and chalky more than normal. It really is gross. So if thatÂ’s any consolation. I did throw it out. Back to square one. So I failed.

My tooth on the left side of my mouth is extra exposed- the gum line is far down receded. I am hoping (I think) thatÂ’s what the strange pain is from that led me here. I do think thatÂ’s why IÂ’m gonna stay quit. ItÂ’s not a front tooth. ItÂ’s the bottom tooth before mollars start. G
I did man, and it was deleted.

Offline Leonidas

• BANNED
  • Master of Quit
  • Schizophrenic Born Again Problem Child
  • Likes Given: 1186
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2018, 11:23:00 AM »

Nothing Gold Can Stay

"When I grow up, I'm gonna grow a Man Bun!!!" - MNxEngineer314

"Yes I'm a weasel, but look! My name's RED!!!" - walterwhite

"Matt....Da_mon...." - Palpatine

Offline Clint31

• Quitter
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2018, 11:12:00 AM »

Offline Clint31

• Quitter
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2018, 08:41:00 AM »
Yeah IÂ’m sure it gets better but it seems like IÂ’ll enjoy everything a little less like playing video baseball games and watching baseball and basically now IÂ’ll have no vices

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2018, 08:59:00 PM »
I know that itÂ’s not a medical forum. Is getting mouth cancer from dip kind of a rare thing
A lot of people dip and donÂ’t get cancer. Some do get cancer. Tobacco is a carcinogen, so you should go to the dentist and get yourself checked out just for your peace of mind. Odds are, as youÂ’ve been told, it is ok. But better safe than sorry.

Anxiety, especially at the beginning of a quit, is very common. You might benefit from talking to your physician about getting some relief. Many quitters do get some pharma help initially. Quitting is hard. Use whatever tools are available, except nicotine.

It gets better. I promise. One day at a time.

Offline Clint31

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2018, 07:03:00 PM »
I know that itÂ’s not a medical forum. Is getting mouth cancer from dip kind of a rare thing

Offline CLEalt

• Quit Master
  • Quitter
  • Interests: Sports (Cleveland and Ohio State), news (politics and international affairs), gaming, Netflix & Chill, and quitting.
  • Likes Given: 49
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2018, 05:00:00 PM »
You're probably fine Clint. Most dippers get some kind of mouth pains because of dip (you are tearing up your gums after all), often even in the weeks after quitting while your mouth is healing. Only a very small percentage actually have cancer. It's not uncommon in the age of the internet for people to think they have cancer for every little plain that happens. Do you want peace of mind? Go get a cancer screen from your dentist. It's highly unlikely you have anything, but even on the small chance that you do, you want to catch it as early as possible. If you buy in to KTC and post roll every morning, you'll be fine.

Offline pky1520

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quitting MoFo
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2018, 04:33:00 PM »
Quote from: pky1520
Quote from: VegasGoldenKnights
This is for Brody and Harper. The two kids who are the love of my life. IÂ’m doing this because my teeth and gums hurt on the left side and I am scared. I threw the cans out. IÂ’m not gonna Do the habits anymore that lead to me dipping. I donÂ’t know how IÂ’ll do it and it is probably already too late in terms of damage done. I need a friend to help me through this. ItÂ’s my last vice and thatÂ’s why I continued on. But if I die from it IÂ’m going to die clean
Welcome home brother! IÂ’m Day 4, youÂ’re with us, and the September group is getting 100% quit grade. EVERYBODY in this group is QUIT!!

Thanks for saying hi. I am afraid I have cancer oral but I donÂ’t have any spots or anything just painful gums on the left side where I put my dip, like a different pain. Maybe the root is exposed a little from it receding too much or something. Hoping ThatÂ’s all it is. Noticed it about two weeks ago.
Welcome Clint. You need to find your Quit Group (September 2018). Follow the instructions on Posting Roll there and make this Quit for real. You say that you need a friend, well this site has a community of thousands who will be there to support you and hold you accountable to your word. To tap into that, you need to get on Roll and make the promise to stay quit for today.

As for your health concerns, it's very common and you're probably alright. I definitely would get a check up and a cancer screening from the dentist, but based on the symptoms you're talking about, it's probably nothing that won't heal with time. A heads up though, early in a quit, many people will have some crazy physical symptoms and health scares. Pain, aches, flu like symptoms, etc. Some of it will be in your head, some of it due to the body's healing process. It will get better over time.
I feel drowsy and bummed out. What month is my quit group
That's just part of the process. It's called the suck because it sucks.

Your Quit Group is September 2018 because that's when you'll hit 100 days, considered the first major milestone around here. You can find it here: topic/30602339/27/. Instructions for posting roll should be at the top of the page. Don't worry about not doing it properly, just get your name and promise posted, then keep your word.

Offline Clint31

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2018, 01:15:00 PM »
Quote from: pky1520
This is for Brody and Harper. The two kids who are the love of my life. IÂ’m doing this because my teeth and gums hurt on the left side and I am scared. I threw the cans out. IÂ’m not gonna Do the habits anymore that lead to me dipping. I donÂ’t know how IÂ’ll do it and it is probably already too late in terms of damage done. I need a friend to help me through this. ItÂ’s my last vice and thatÂ’s why I continued on. But if I die from it IÂ’m going to die clean
Welcome home brother! IÂ’m Day 4, youÂ’re with us, and the September group is getting 100% quit grade. EVERYBODY in this group is QUIT!!

Thanks for saying hi. I am afraid I have cancer oral but I donÂ’t have any spots or anything just painful gums on the left side where I put my dip, like a different pain. Maybe the root is exposed a little from it receding too much or something. Hoping ThatÂ’s all it is. Noticed it about two weeks ago.
Welcome Clint. You need to find your Quit Group (September 2018). Follow the instructions on Posting Roll there and make this Quit for real. You say that you need a friend, well this site has a community of thousands who will be there to support you and hold you accountable to your word. To tap into that, you need to get on Roll and make the promise to stay quit for today.

As for your health concerns, it's very common and you're probably alright. I definitely would get a check up and a cancer screening from the dentist, but based on the symptoms you're talking about, it's probably nothing that won't heal with time. A heads up though, early in a quit, many people will have some crazy physical symptoms and health scares. Pain, aches, flu like symptoms, etc. Some of it will be in your head, some of it due to the body's healing process. It will get better over time.
I feel drowsy and bummed out. What month is my quit group

Offline pky1520

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quitting MoFo
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2018, 12:22:00 PM »

Offline Clint31

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2018, 11:24:00 AM »

Offline VegasGoldenKnights

• Quitter
  • Interests: Particle Science and nanotechnology, I sell and distribute a technology that atomizes organic compounds. I love what I do, and I hate dip.
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2018, 11:00:00 AM »

Offline Clint31

• Quitter
June 1st, 2018 my last quit. IÂ’m done
« on: June 01, 2018, 04:19:00 AM »