Author Topic: June 1st, 2018 my last quit. IÂ’m done  (Read 3971 times)

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
Re: June 1st, 2018 my last quit. IÂ’m done
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2018, 07:11:00 PM »
Quote from: Clint31
Quote from: worktowin
Quote from: bicycleptic
We really need to know Clint, is this a quit? Or is this merely another break from dipping? I want to get a thing or two straight here. We are here to help people quit. Not merely take a break. You have never quit dipping before, not in 2015, not in 2018, never. You have merely paused in your chewing. How do I know? Because today is your day 1. If you had quit before, today would not be day 1. You cannot quit for your children. You cannot quit for your wife. You cannot quit for anybody but you. You have to develop a hatred for tobacco and stop romancing it. Why do I say you are romancing it? Kids scream for an hour and get on your nerves, what happens? You grab a dip. Wife and you get in a fight, what happens? You grab a dip. You love your wife? Love your kids? Why do you want to get mad at them and put poison in your mouth? Is this going to turn into a quit, or a break?
I donÂ’t know man. All I know is today IÂ’m quit. I believe I will quit. I know I canÂ’t continue without it killing me.
Welcome brother! Glad you are here.

Remember... post first thing. Keep your word.

Nicotine fucks with your cardiovascular system majorly. Quitting reverses that. YouÂ’ll feel better soon enough. Call the dentist tomorrow.
TowinÂ’ - what does it do to the cardio system
Constricts blood vessels. Drives blood pressure up. That drives a lot of badness.

Quitting fixes that almost instantly.

Offline Clint31

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2018, 07:10:00 PM »
Quote from: worktowin
We really need to know Clint, is this a quit? Or is this merely another break from dipping? I want to get a thing or two straight here. We are here to help people quit. Not merely take a break. You have never quit dipping before, not in 2015, not in 2018, never. You have merely paused in your chewing. How do I know? Because today is your day 1. If you had quit before, today would not be day 1. You cannot quit for your children. You cannot quit for your wife. You cannot quit for anybody but you. You have to develop a hatred for tobacco and stop romancing it. Why do I say you are romancing it? Kids scream for an hour and get on your nerves, what happens? You grab a dip. Wife and you get in a fight, what happens? You grab a dip. You love your wife? Love your kids? Why do you want to get mad at them and put poison in your mouth? Is this going to turn into a quit, or a break?
I donÂ’t know man. All I know is today IÂ’m quit. I believe I will quit. I know I canÂ’t continue without it killing me.

Nicotine fucks with your cardiovascular system majorly. Quitting reverses that. YouÂ’ll feel better soon enough. Call the dentist tomorrow.
TowinÂ’ - what does it do to the cardio system

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2018, 06:02:00 PM »

Offline Clint31

• Quitter
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2018, 05:35:00 PM »

Offline bicycleptic

• Master of Quit
  • Interests: Bicycling, Kayaking, Running, Camping, Gym.
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2018, 04:38:00 PM »

Offline Clint31

• Quitter
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2018, 02:35:00 PM »
Quote from: Zeno
I know IÂ’m talking to myself. Kind of part of me getting through this. Maybe some day many moons from now IÂ’ll get to look at these posts and laugh.

Is it typical of nicotine withdrawal to feel kinda weak legs and jello-y. Almost like you donÂ’t have your usual energy or spring in your legs?
Every quit is slightly different. We have what we call the Fog, or the Suck. Embrace the Suck, that's a sign that you are breaking free. Listen to what these brothers are telling you. Get some numbers and get active. Deal with your medical concerns within a couple weeks. Just focus on getting free today. I dipped and smoked for 35 years, if I could quit, anyone can (been free since 9/28/12). You are not unique, you're an addict like us. Let us help you. If I end up dying from this shit, I want to die free. Focus on that.

Here's what worked for me early on, besides posting daily and trying to reach out to other quitters: drink water to flush your system, stay away from booze, get more sleep if you can, avoid unnecessary stress (for me, the news), take a daily walk (I stopped and did mine on the way home from work, so I could chill the hell out before going home to see my family), lift a little weights to work off aggression.

Don't let quitting be an excuse to be an asshole to everyone in your life. Come be an asshole to us, we can take it. Treasure every second of freedom. Realize that every minute of suffering is your body and mind breaking free from being a slave for however many years. It's the authentic you being reborn. Be proud of that.

Recognize that nothing can happen to you today that taking a dip will make it better; it'll make it worse, you still have the original problem, plus now you have the problem of being a slave to nic again. Never again for any reason.

PM me for my number, I'll talk to you anytime.
Thanks Zeno, brother.

Offline Zeno

• Master of Quit
  • Interests: Quitting. Reading. Hiking.
  • Likes Given: 275
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2018, 02:26:00 PM »
I know IÂ’m talking to myself. Kind of part of me getting through this. Maybe some day many moons from now IÂ’ll get to look at these posts and laugh.

Is it typical of nicotine withdrawal to feel kinda weak legs and jello-y. Almost like you donÂ’t have your usual energy or spring in your legs?
Every quit is slightly different. We have what we call the Fog, or the Suck. Embrace the Suck, that's a sign that you are breaking free. Listen to what these brothers are telling you. Get some numbers and get active. Deal with your medical concerns within a couple weeks. Just focus on getting free today. I dipped and smoked for 35 years, if I could quit, anyone can (been free since 9/28/12). You are not unique, you're an addict like us. Let us help you. If I end up dying from this shit, I want to die free. Focus on that.

Here's what worked for me early on, besides posting daily and trying to reach out to other quitters: drink water to flush your system, stay away from booze, get more sleep if you can, avoid unnecessary stress (for me, the news), take a daily walk (I stopped and did mine on the way home from work, so I could chill the hell out before going home to see my family), lift a little weights to work off aggression.

Don't let quitting be an excuse to be an asshole to everyone in your life. Come be an asshole to us, we can take it. Treasure every second of freedom. Realize that every minute of suffering is your body and mind breaking free from being a slave for however many years. It's the authentic you being reborn. Be proud of that.

Recognize that nothing can happen to you today that taking a dip will make it better; it'll make it worse, you still have the original problem, plus now you have the problem of being a slave to nic again. Never again for any reason.

PM me for my number, I'll talk to you anytime.
Proud Jan. 13 Jackwagin

Quit Date: Sept. 28, 2012

Quitters I have met: ADMann (JW), AirForceAddict, BigBrotherJack, Brettlees, Bronc, ChickDip, Corby, DrStober, EvilWon (JW), GoneCruising, Jbradley (JW), NetGain, Nickald, Remickulous, Sage, Scoot, Sportsfan (JW), Srohde...and always want to meet more.

Endure and Abstain - Epictetus' motto

Offline Clint31

• Quitter
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2018, 01:20:00 PM »

Offline Clint31

• Quitter
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2018, 01:05:00 PM »
Read 90% of Traumagents thread last night. One thing stuck out to me, I am 35. He mentioned that he felt early on poor circulation in his legs or something. I have had that more than ever lately too, especially in my left leg, foot, hand etc. wonder if there is any connection to dip.

I did have a full cardiac check up recently and the cardiologist was adamant; no peripheral artery disease. IÂ’m not really overweight. I just wonder if thereÂ’s any connection.

Offline Clint31

• Quitter
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2018, 12:49:00 PM »
My wife took a look in my mouth today and didnÂ’t like what she saw. After a long night of sleep it was really white on my right side. I had not been putting any dips on my left for 10-14 days bc it hurt badly, maybe from the receding gum line, I hope.

Pretty worried but what can I do.

Offline pky1520

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: May 2, 2016
  • Interests: Hunting, fishing
  • Likes Given: 88
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2018, 11:06:00 AM »
I cannot find sept 2018 in my quit groups forums
I got it. Posted roll. Sorry for being a dumbass. It can be a lot to navigate in here sometimes
Glad to see you back! Yeah this site can take a little while to figure out, but itÂ’s worth the effort. Spending a little time learning to navigate here can be a helpful distraction sometimes.

Offline Clint31

• Quitter
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2018, 11:01:00 AM »
I got it. Posted roll. Sorry for being a dumbass. It can be a lot to navigate in here sometimes

Offline Clint31

• Quitter
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2018, 10:28:00 AM »

Offline Clint31

• Quitter
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2018, 10:25:00 AM »
IÂ’m here you fucks. For day two or one half or one or whatever it is.

My teeth hurt so bad. I couldnÂ’t wake up this morning. I took a sleeping pill to sleep.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2018, 07:38:00 AM »
Carpe diem

Will you post roll today? Will you honor your word?

ThereÂ’s only one way to quit that ever worked for me and thousands of others. You are so close. Join us. Post roll. Win.