Author Topic: Quitting today, tomorrow and forever!  (Read 2688 times)

Offline Dozer99

• Quitter
    • www.cottinghamperformancehorses.com
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Quitting today, tomorrow and forever!
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2012, 01:17:00 PM »
Weird that we would get a foggy day out of nowhere! Nothing really to trigger it. Oh Well, think I go get some more pumkin seeds!
Quit day: 11 Sep 2012.

"....A Republic, if you can keep it." Benjamin Franklin

Offline mfkuss

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Movies, Spending time with my family
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2012, 01:05:00 PM »
Yes it will....

I have had a couple of foggy days in the last week...not as bad as initially, but still there...

Thanks for the help yesterday!!!! Hang in there!!

I quit with you today!

Offline Dozer99

• Quitter
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2012, 01:02:00 PM »
Day 20 and for some reason the Fog is back. Feel like I have a hangover this morning and I didn't even tie one on last night. Not really craving, just feel like I'm walking in Molasses. Oh well, this too shall pass!

Offline Dozer99

• Quitter
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2012, 10:42:00 AM »
Quote from: copingwithoutcopen
Quote from: Dozer99
First day off from work in awhile. Just called in sick, said fuck it and helped the wife unit around the house. played with my 4 month old daughter, working on giving her a million kisses before she turns one! Oh, and I did it all with that shit in my mouth! Fuck you Nicotine and the trucks you ride in on. I am better than you! Was a great day, and many more to come! I AM QUIT!

Dozer out
I assume you meant "without that shit in your mouth". Great post otherwise!
Holy Shit, great catch. I just edited it. Yep, It was "Without".

Offline copingwithoutcopen

• Quitting MoFo
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2012, 03:26:00 AM »
First day off from work in awhile. Just called in sick, said fuck it and helped the wife unit around the house. played with my 4 month old daughter, working on giving her a million kisses before she turns one! Oh, and I did it all with that shit in my mouth! Fuck you Nicotine and the trucks you ride in on. I am better than you! Was a great day, and many more to come! I AM QUIT!

Dozer out
I assume you meant "without that shit in your mouth". Great post otherwise!

Offline Dozer99

• Quitter
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2012, 01:45:00 AM »
First day off from work in awhile. Just called in sick, said fuck it and helped the wife unit around the house. played with my 4 month old daughter, working on giving her a million kisses before she turns one! Oh, and I did it all without that shit in my mouth! Fuck you Nicotine and the trucks you ride in on. I am better than you! Was a great day, and many more to come! I AM QUIT!

Dozer out

Offline Dozer99

• Quitter
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2012, 02:02:00 PM »
Quote from: Notdeadyet

Ps. I highly recommend getting a second opinion on the bone grafts...

Did, this is the second opinion. Both the periodontists (SP?) and my dentists say that this will fix a lot of my head ache issues and my insurance will cover it 100%. It's good to have bomb proof insurance.

Offline Notdeadyet

• Quitter
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2012, 10:55:00 AM »
Went to the dentist yesterday, just a filling. Felt good to say I am quit and mean it. So far my gums look good but I'll keep going back every 6 months to make sure. Next hurdle will be the bone grafts I have to have on my upper jaw. Had a lot of bone loss over the years on the top back both sides, so So I get pig bone to rebuild it! No pig jokes!
Quit is a way of life, a state of being that you can't change. Kinda like how some of the guys on here can't change being ghey. Sounds like you have burned the boats and are stuck on the island of quit. Congrats!

Ps. I highly recommend getting a second opinion on the bone grafts...
38 yr slave
Dumbass No More 8/31/2011

Anyone can stop, but can you quit? A "Stopper" versus a "Quitter"

Dumbass No More - A Quitter's Tale Of Ending Stupid Behavior

Offline Dozer99

• Quitter
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2012, 09:49:00 AM »
Went to the dentist yesterday, just a filling. Felt good to say I am quit and mean it. So far my gums look good but I'll keep going back every 6 months to make sure. Next hurdle will be the bone grafts I have to have on my upper jaw. Had a lot of bone loss over the years on the top back both sides, so So I get pig bone to rebuild it! No pig jokes!

Offline Dozer99

• Quitter
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2012, 12:30:00 PM »
Yesterday was a little easier, except I had the worst craving last night, not a physical craving, but a mental one. Wife gave me choclate (which I have never liked) and it worked! So, I'm going to have to fight off a little weight, no big deal!

This morning was ok, better than yesterday. Made it through feeding the horses without ever once thinking about it. Now I'm at work. I can smell smoke and dip around the shop, I'll be fine.

Offline MikeWC

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: bowhunting, muscle cars, camping, family
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2012, 11:24:00 AM »
You are doing good dozer! It's a strange feeling to actually do something without that crap in your mouth and then realize that it can be done! Take it one day at a time, there are a lot of great people on this site ready to help you. Too bad about work blocking the site, if you need or want a # pm me. I quit with you today. Mike

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2012, 11:12:00 AM »
Quote from: kana
Today was just a little better. cravings were not quite so bad. I only opened the hall closet twice today looking for the beer (normally kept in the fridge, but my fog brain reasoned that it should be in the hall).

Got the water pump changed on the F350 today using a toothpick and one bag of Pumpkin Seeds! Never thought I could have done it without the Bitch, but I did.

Tomorrow will be even better.
everyday gets a little easier. one day at a time. you're reprogramming right now, and actually you can do everything without nic if you choose to. post everyday and keep your promise no matter what.. the rest will follow..
Thanks Kana,

Yea they say it gets easier, So I will trust them. Bad night last night. Woke up a lot sweating. Drank lots of water, then woke up having to pee. Oh well, made it through the night, got my Coffee and heading outside. I will not cave, I will stay strong, I will kick this Bitch!!
Day by day! Make your promise, keep your word and before you know it 100 days will have passed and you will say "where did the days go". I promise you it does get easier!
WT day 169
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline Dozer99

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2012, 10:22:00 AM »
Quote from: kana
Today was just a little better. cravings were not quite so bad. I only opened the hall closet twice today looking for the beer (normally kept in the fridge, but my fog brain reasoned that it should be in the hall).

Got the water pump changed on the F350 today using a toothpick and one bag of Pumpkin Seeds! Never thought I could have done it without the Bitch, but I did.

everyday gets a little easier. one day at a time. you're reprogramming right now, and actually you can do everything without nic if you choose to. post everyday and keep your promise no matter what.. the rest will follow..
Thanks Kana,

Yea they say it gets easier, So I will trust them. Bad night last night. Woke up a lot sweating. Drank lots of water, then woke up having to pee. Oh well, made it through the night, got my Coffee and heading outside. I will not cave, I will stay strong, I will kick this Bitch!!

Offline kana

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2012, 12:09:00 AM »

we choose our battles.. the battles we do fight, be aware that they have to be, but passion rules? James Hetfield

Offline Dozer99

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2012, 11:25:00 PM »