Author Topic: Lenten quitter  (Read 15303 times)

Offline ZillahCowboy

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: Lenten quitter
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2014, 11:13:00 AM »
Quote from: Thumblewort
Today is a foggy day 2 for me, even with a patch to aid me. I have been chewing Skoal for 15 years, with a 1.5 break in 2002-2003. The longest I have gone since is a month, and once I lose the patch I can't chew fast enough. With my kids old enough for Lent, I decided to give up the worst of my habits yet again, but this time with kids as added pressure, and I will not restart on Easter again.
Thumble...you're about to get plenty of advice from quitters here, but let me be the first to offer mine.

This is a ZERO nicotine site. You cannot use the patch or any other nicotine delivery method. Quit all nic now and flush / throw away cigs, patches, lozenges, old cans of chew, etc.

Once you're clean, you can join the June '14 quit group. And don't use Lent as a "reason" to quit. Quit for yourself, and quit because nicotine is evil and will kill you.
ZillahCowboy

Offline Evil_Won

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: none
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2014, 11:13:00 AM »
Quote from: Thumblewort
Today is a foggy day 2 for me, even with a patch to aid me. I have been chewing Skoal for 15 years, with a 1.5 break in 2002-2003. The longest I have gone since is a month, and once I lose the patch I can't chew fast enough. With my kids old enough for Lent, I decided to give up the worst of my habits yet again, but this time with kids as added pressure, and I will not restart on Easter again.
This is a no-nicotine site. No patches, gum, lozenges, e-cig, etc.

You are not on day 2 because you are not nicotine fee. You can not quit a drug addiction if you continue to put it into your blood. Changing the method of delivery does not make you quit. You're still an addict and an active user.

Rip it off, quit cold turkey, fight through the fog and pain, and be quit.
"Dunno about you HP, but LOOT doesn't like getting assfucked, by anyone....and certainly won't chalk it up to 'shit happens'."

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2014, 11:03:00 AM »
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
Lenten quitter
« on: March 06, 2014, 11:03:00 AM »
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.