Author Topic: Lenten quitter  (Read 15305 times)

Offline syndrome

• geezer squad
  • Master of Quit
  • you kids get off my yard
  • Quit Date: 11/13/08
  • Likes Given: 718
Re: Lenten quitter
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2014, 01:55:00 PM »
do not end up like this be a badass like this guy.

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2014, 12:58:00 PM »
Glad you found us! Lets get this done.

Offline longhorn83

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2014, 12:53:00 PM »
Don't go away! Stay here with us man. Just drop the patch and let's move on. You and I will ride the wave together.

Offline Wedge

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2014, 12:50:00 PM »
Quote from: Thumblewort
Thank you for the post Wedge. I do want to make it clear that I have no intention of going back to chew on Easter. I am in the busiest time of the year work wise until April 15th, and if I can quit for during a mentally hard time and make it, it would be ridiculous to start after a sacrificial period ends.

As for calling chewing a habit, I apologize because it is an addiction. I apologize if I offended anyone by my words or methods. Only the best to you all.
We want you here Thumble. We want you off the patch, repost roll again as a day 1, and don't go backwards.

You see how serious we take this place. It's sacred ground to many of us as it has saved our lives. You are welcome to join us, just patch free. Don't take any insults or negative comments you've received personally.

Just read, read, read, absorb, post roll, and quit.

Offline Raider

• Quit Pro
  • Imma Quitter
  • Quit Date: Feb 28, 2014
  • Interests: Fishing, Camping, Kayaking, but mainly spending time with the family and friends.
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2014, 12:28:00 PM »
Also as a Catholic I used to use Lent as a reason to quit. I was planning on it this year but something happened last Thursday (28th). I asked God for his help and that evening I listened and he lead me here. I'm not here to preach the bible but just telling my story.

Quitting is hard enough one day at a time. Don't put a timeframe to it. We quit today and tomorrow will be another today to quit. It will suck at times but you can and will get through it. There is no luck or hope, there is only attitude. Give it 110% quitting everyday. I am on day 7 and feeling great. I am here to quit with ya.

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2014, 12:15:00 PM »
Thank you for the post Wedge. I do want to make it clear that I have no intention of going back to chew on Easter. I am in the busiest time of the year work wise until April 15th, and if I can quit for during a mentally hard time and make it, it would be ridiculous to start after a sacrificial period ends.

As for calling chewing a habit, I apologize because it is an addiction. I apologize if I offended anyone by my words or methods. Only the best to you all.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Wedge

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2014, 11:48:00 AM »
Powerful stuff, thanks for the replies all.  I'll come back to this site once I really quit (patches).  You guys are hardcore!
How about just quitting them now? You don't need them. All you are doing is allowing the nicotine to linger in your body and extending out the time you are going to have to go through withdrawl. It's a 72 hour process. Get it started now and get it over with.

And yes, we are hardcore. That's the only way to quit. Balls to the wall, no nonsense, take no prisoners, in your face quit. And if you are only quitting for lent instead WANTING to quit for YOURSELF, it's not gonna last.

When you want to quit for yourself and nothing else, THEN come back and make it stick. Because after 40 days, you'll be thinking that I made it for you God, I gave it up for 40 days. Now I can go back to my old habits. That's not gonna fly around here, even though I respect your choice to do something for God. But your addicted brain doesn't work on the same wavelength.

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2014, 11:43:00 AM »
Powerful stuff, thanks for the replies all. I'll come back to this site once I really quit (patches). You guys are hardcore!
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2014, 11:26:00 AM »
Fellow Catholic, It is great that you have seen that Smokeless Tobacco is bad for you. However, Nicotine is just as bad. It is very addictive and KTC is a Quiting Extreme website. You have the support of several individuals including myself.

40 Days is a long time to quit, but I would hate to see you be a stopper and not a quitter. I reached the decision to quit because I finally realized that I was being a selfish asshole risking my life and risking my children not having a father they can look up to or be proud of.

The choice is yours quit or not, but remember that using a nic patch is just like patching a flat tire, it works for a while but a few more miles will cause that car to careen off course if you are not careful.

P
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline Sh4string

• Quitter
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 10/21/2013
  • Interests: Family, Hunting, fishing, outdoors, triathlon
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2014, 11:26:00 AM »
Drop the nicotine completely bro as others have told you. Here we are quit and not stopped.....and that means 100% nicotine free every damn day. If I can man up and be quit anyone can. Throw that shit out, post day 1, then jump into the program
Quitting every damn day since October 21, 2013

Offline J2b

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
    • May 11
  • Quit Date: 01/23/2011
  • Likes Given: 239
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2014, 11:24:00 AM »
Sent this PM to him:
Quote from: PM
Hey boss, KTC is a no nicotine site.  We do not consider the use of NRT (patches, gum, etc) as "quit."  You are welcome to stick around and read why we feel this way, and to converse with other members about it, but please DO NOT post roll call until you have met our definition of "quit."  We believe in this system 100%.  There are other places out there for harm reduction, NRT use, etc.  This is not one of them.

I strongly advocate that you peel off the band-aid now, endure the real suck of the first week, and take back your life.  NOTHING is going to motivate you or keep you quit, and nothing is going to make it easy, except your own resolve.  The choice is yours, but you do have to choose to play in our sandbox.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. 

j2b (josh)
Time to get him edumacated!
The problem is not the problem.  The problem is your attitude about the problem.  Do you understand?

Draw Fire

If its too much trouble to post roll call, you could always fuck off.

Quit Group: May 11 3 Balled Quitters

• Quit: 01/23/11

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2014, 11:19:00 AM »
Quote from: can-take-for-us
Congrats on your decision and getting through day 1. First 48 hrs was toughest for me but it gets a little easier every day. You CAN do this. Your kids will be proud. I'm proud of you, and I don't even know you. Keep it up!

He's not through ANY day yet with nic in his system.

No nicotine. Let's do it.
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline G

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2014, 11:18:00 AM »
Dude, why not actually go ahead and quit?

Also, gotta quit for yourself, not the kids. You'll wind up blaming the kids for making you quit. Be a man and accept responsibility for being a dumbass dipper and then be man and quit.

It's not easy, but nothing worth doing is easy. Quit now and in 40 days you'll be free.

Offline can-take-for-us

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2014, 11:16:00 AM »
Congrats on your decision and getting through day 1. First 48 hrs was toughest for me but it gets a little easier every day. You CAN do this. Your kids will be proud. I'm proud of you, and I don't even know you. Keep it up!

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2014, 11:16:00 AM »
Today is a foggy day 2 for me, even with a patch to aid me. I have been chewing Skoal for 15 years, with a 1.5 break in 2002-2003. The longest I have gone since is a month, and once I lose the patch I can't chew fast enough. With my kids old enough for Lent, I decided to give up the worst of my habits yet again, but this time with kids as added pressure, and I will not restart on Easter again.

This has "fail" stamped all over it.

1... You've never quit before. You stopped for awhile.

2... You're not quit now. Lose the patch. Until you do you're still a slave to your addiction. Nicotine. This is a Non Nicotine site... until you lose that patch you don't belong here.

3... It's NOT a habit. It's an addiction. Something you better wrap your head around quick.

Man up... get rid of it and join us in some REAL quittin'. Would love you to be free. Truly free.
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.