Author Topic: Lenten quitter  (Read 15314 times)

Offline Smeds

• Master of Quit
  • The bluebird can sing, but the crow's got the soul
  • Likes Given: 11
Re: Lenten quitter
« Reply #259 on: May 08, 2015, 08:51:00 AM »
'boob' 'boob' Congrats on 400 Thumble! 'boob' 'boob'

'clap'
My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #258 on: April 21, 2015, 01:41:00 PM »
Quote from: doc2quit4good
Quote from: Tuco's
Quote from: Thumblewort
Day 383 - 3rd time back to the dentist since I have become a quitter, and first time leaving the dentist in 20 years not needing a transfusion!

If you haven't seen your dentist yet, please go ASAP. Your body has an amazing capacity to heal itself.

When I dipped, I went once every 3 years...........one time I bled so bad I had to come back the next week to finish my cleaning. I said FUCK THAT and waited another 3 years. Addict behavior at it's worst.
Most definitely. Post-Quitting dentist visits are a breeze.

And a belated congrats to you on one year quit, Thumble!
When I was a newbie quitter I got a hold of a long time quitter here, and asked him that question about his gums, etc. He told me that his mouth had healed back up from all of the abuse. I was skeptical at the time , but it is true. Cleanings are now 20 minutes instead of an hour....
Twort I'm just glad I got teeth left to clean after putting that nasty shit in my mouth for all those years! Quit with your badass edd!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline Doc2quit4good

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quitting since 9/18/13!!!!
  • Quit Date: 9/18/13
  • Interests: Non motorized biking, Geetar, Jazz Music(Not Jazz Flute), Quitting Skoal Forever!
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #257 on: April 21, 2015, 10:01:00 AM »
Quote from: Tuco's
Day 383 - 3rd time back to the dentist since I have become a quitter, and first time leaving the dentist in 20 years not needing a transfusion!

If you haven't seen your dentist yet, please go ASAP. Your body has an amazing capacity to heal itself.

When I dipped, I went once every 3 years...........one time I bled so bad I had to come back the next week to finish my cleaning. I said FUCK THAT and waited another 3 years. Addict behavior at it's worst.

When I was a newbie quitter I got a hold of a long time quitter here, and asked him that question about his gums, etc. He told me that his mouth had healed back up from all of the abuse. I was skeptical at the time , but it is true. Cleanings are now 20 minutes instead of an hour....
NO MO SKOAL!!! I MEAN NEVER AGAIN!!!
Real Quit Day 9/18/2013 8th Floor 11/26/15
HOF day: 12/26/2013. 9th Floor 3/5/16
2nd Floor: 4/5/14 Comma Day 6/13/16!!!
3rd Floor 7/14/2014. 3 Years 9/18/6!!!
1 Year 9/17/2014. 11th Floor 9/21/16
4th Floor 10/22/14. 12th Floor 12/30/16
Half Comma 1/30/15. 13th Floor 4/8/17
6th Floor 5/10/15 4 Years 9/18/17!!!
7th Floor 8/18/15. 15th Floor 10/26/17
2 Years 9/17/15 16th Floor 2/3/18
5 Years 9/18/18  17th Floor 5/14/18
18th Floor 08/22/2018  19th Floor 11/30/18

Offline Tuco

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 7/27/2014
  • Likes Given: 48
« Reply #256 on: April 21, 2015, 08:49:00 AM »

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #255 on: April 21, 2015, 08:42:00 AM »

Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
« Reply #254 on: April 06, 2015, 01:10:00 AM »
Hate being late...
But
Been out a day or two knowing you had the bases covered.
You Rock introductions, You rock KTC.
Respect you, respect your quit, respect your 367....congrats.
Rawls
I believe.....

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #253 on: April 03, 2015, 11:18:00 PM »
Quote from: rdad
Quote from: Kremerica
Thanks for your words of wisdom and congrats, you inspire us all
T-Wort quit for Lent just a year ago and he just kept going. He gets it! So proud to be his brother in quit.
Twort you inspire me so much! I can be having a bad day and come in here and see you handing out words of encouragement, you are so sincere and you can tell you really care, it lifts my spirit and my quit! Congrats and I am damn proud to be quit with you my friend EDD!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #252 on: April 03, 2015, 10:15:00 PM »
Quote from: Kremerica
T-Wort quit for Lent just a year ago and he just kept going. He gets it! So proud to be his brother in quit.

Offline Kremerica

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-02-14
« Reply #251 on: April 03, 2015, 09:45:00 PM »
My Intro

"My glass is usually half full..... Except when someone pisses in it and tries to pass it off as lemonade" - rtpope 3/19/15

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
« Reply #250 on: April 03, 2015, 10:42:00 AM »
I wanna get this out before my intro gets buried again. It is my hope that someone who is thinking of quitting will read this, or someone in their first month who is struggling. IF I CAN DO IT, YOU CAN TOO!

It isn't easy. But it can be done. You have to want it, and if you need help, you need to tuck your pride in your back pocket and ask for it, because you will get it here. It will save your life, and it makes everyone around you think differently about you.

I am the biggest glutton I know, I overeat, I drink too much, and I chewed tobacco for 17 years. Until a year ago. If I can do it, so can you, just do it.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline J2b

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
    • May 11
  • Quit Date: 01/23/2011
  • Likes Given: 239
« Reply #249 on: April 03, 2015, 10:16:00 AM »
Quote from: trigerhapy
Quote from: AppleJack
Quote from: Steakbomb18
Thanks all, I'll be pounding the intros more once my busy time is done. I couldn't have done this without ALL of you, and I do mean ALL of you...........EVERYONE, get it?
Congrats Thumble - glorious day seeing you hit the 1 year mark
Good stuff man! Congrats!
Congrats on the year milestone!!!
Boom.

Second Easter without a crutch. Enjoy it friend, and thanks.
The problem is not the problem.  The problem is your attitude about the problem.  Do you understand?

Draw Fire

If its too much trouble to post roll call, you could always fuck off.

Quit Group: May 11 3 Balled Quitters

• Quit: 01/23/11

Offline trigerhapy

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 01/05/15
  • Interests: Quit for LIFE
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #248 on: April 03, 2015, 10:04:00 AM »
Quote from: AppleJack
Thanks all, I'll be pounding the intros more once my busy time is done. I couldn't have done this without ALL of you, and I do mean ALL of you...........EVERYONE, get it?
Congrats on the year milestone!!!

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #247 on: April 03, 2015, 08:41:00 AM »
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline Steakbomb18

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/13/2013
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #246 on: April 03, 2015, 08:19:00 AM »
Certified Grade A Badass

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #245 on: April 03, 2015, 07:55:00 AM »