Author Topic: Lenten quitter  (Read 15320 times)

Offline SAM83

• Quit Pro
  • A failure to plan is a plan to fail!
  • Quit Date: 1/6/2014
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Camping, Motorcycle Touring, White Water Sports, Cooking/Grilling/Smoking (Food), Anything Outdoors and Go Steelers!
  • Likes Given: 233
Re: Lenten quitter
« Reply #229 on: January 28, 2015, 08:40:00 AM »
Quote from: Smeds
'dance' Congrats on 300 Thumble! Proud as hell to quit EDD with Mr. Heavy Meat quit! 'dance'
3rd floor is awesome! Congratulations!!

Offline Smeds

• Master of Quit
  • The bluebird can sing, but the crow's got the soul
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #228 on: January 28, 2015, 08:10:00 AM »
'dance' Congrats on 300 Thumble! Proud as hell to quit EDD with Mr. Heavy Meat quit! 'dance'
My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Offline Done4Me

• Epic Quitter
  • Interests: Family, Beach, Fishing, BBQ
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #227 on: November 21, 2014, 08:03:00 AM »
Quote from: Dagranger
So we're all good? Let's go have Alice make some meatloaf and Thumble, Done4, Greg, Marcia, Jan, and Peter can have a good laugh about all of this.
I'm on vacation today and will not be calling Thumble.

Offline Dagranger

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 06-27-2013
  • Interests: I used to like playing any sport. Now I like coaching any sport. Hiking, camping, biking. I work out a lot but I hate it.
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #226 on: November 19, 2014, 06:17:00 PM »
So we're all good? Let's go have Alice make some meatloaf and Thumble, Done4, Greg, Marcia, Jan, and Peter can have a good laugh about all of this.

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #225 on: November 19, 2014, 10:56:00 AM »
Hey T glad you're back. You help people quit, and that's a big deal. Quit Super-hero!
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #224 on: November 19, 2014, 09:19:00 AM »
Quote from: Thumblewort
It was one of those "seemed good at the time" things. I have had many of those. D4 has had my back since he joined up, so outside of me going to the foreskin removal factory where he works and knocking the cow dick out of his.......hand..... we are good.

Why I over-reacted - this happened literally 10 minutes after I got off the phone with the Sheriff;s department regarding a Criagslist scam my wife got us in the middle of. "Honey, instead of $120 for the kids bikes, we got a check for $4,100 and weird instructions to where to wire the excess money". And yes, she or course gave these scammers our address.

I apologize for the drama, but I was not happy last night. Maybe someday D4 can tell me how he got as far as he did, because I don't give my work number out........dude, you can be my Facefuck friend and we can play Words with Friends, but my office is where I pimp my ho's.
Full disclosure paragraph since posts can be quick in the KTC. This was my edit.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Krusty

• Quitter
« Reply #223 on: November 19, 2014, 01:45:00 AM »
What a surreal day, but glad to see we're back to being the happy, probably dysfunctional, and definitely mysteriously missing family in one of Thumble's original avatars...

Welcome back, Cotter.

Offline Done4Me

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #222 on: November 18, 2014, 08:19:00 PM »
To those that think my tracking Thumble down was odd, this is the best frame of reference I have to offer. I have no interest in finding other quitters information. There's a dozen or so I feel close to. I didn't have Thumbles. I have the rest. I made a decision to contact him at work rather the PM and trade digits to surprise him. Why so? I feel like we have mutual respect for each other and I didn't feel given my support for him that he would care. Knowing he's a CPA and owns his own shop I picked a time when he posts in the mid to late afternoon so that I would have less chance of interrupting his schedule. I felt he would welcome it. Unfortunately it blew up into a shit sandwich.

For those that said what I did was odd, so be it. Our opinions differ. This is my last post on the issue.

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
« Reply #221 on: November 18, 2014, 06:07:00 PM »
Quote from: basshaug
Quote from: Done4Me
Quote from: Lipizzaner
Quote from: Steakbomb18
I hope some Newbies read this thread...if you quit your ass off, and become a leader, one of Thumble's caliber, this is the type of reaction one gets when we feel we're losing a brother. Half the freakin' website jumps to Thumble's aid to right the ship.

AND, what prompted all of this - just some quit antics. One guy's bad judgment that really had good intent all over it - just trying to be a better brotha.
100% truth, I was quick to anger, and already looking to back door back in, and had 17 messages on my dumb phone. Now I have to get a new Tracphone card, maybe D4 can open his foreskin coin pouch and help a brother. 'na na'
Go hock some of those $10 gas cards you "found". The ones with all the red paint on them.
Heh, you know too much!

Also, I don't have 2 brother in law, I have 2 brother in-laws. I am an only child, which if you put your psuedo-psychologists tin foil hat on, makes me prone to the "taking my ball and going home behavior" . Kinda how I got kicked out of the "snuff flicks for Dummys" chat room.
You have no need to explain Twort. That's on me.
Thumble, aren't those no contract phone plans like $30 unlimited talk text and domestic minutes per month?
I don't know, I go to Meijers and buy 90 days and 200 minutes for $29.99.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline basshaug

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #220 on: November 18, 2014, 05:59:00 PM »
Quote from: Done4Me
I hope some Newbies read this thread...if you quit your ass off, and become a leader, one of Thumble's caliber, this is the type of reaction one gets when we feel we're losing a brother. Half the freakin' website jumps to Thumble's aid to right the ship.

AND, what prompted all of this - just some quit antics. One guy's bad judgment that really had good intent all over it - just trying to be a better brotha.
100% truth, I was quick to anger, and already looking to back door back in, and had 17 messages on my dumb phone. Now I have to get a new Tracphone card, maybe D4 can open his foreskin coin pouch and help a brother. 'na na'
Go hock some of those $10 gas cards you "found". The ones with all the red paint on them.
Heh, you know too much!

Also, I don't have 2 brother in law, I have 2 brother in-laws. I am an only child, which if you put your psuedo-psychologists tin foil hat on, makes me prone to the "taking my ball and going home behavior" . Kinda how I got kicked out of the "snuff flicks for Dummys" chat room.
Thumble, aren't those no contract phone plans like $30 unlimited talk text and domestic minutes per month?

Offline Done4Me

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #219 on: November 18, 2014, 05:57:00 PM »

Heh, you know too much!

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #218 on: November 18, 2014, 05:52:00 PM »

Heh, you know too much!

Offline Lipizzaner

• BANNED
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #217 on: November 18, 2014, 05:34:00 PM »

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #216 on: November 18, 2014, 05:22:00 PM »

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #215 on: November 18, 2014, 05:19:00 PM »
Thumble- good to have you back. Now get rid of the bodies at your work place before the sheriffs come interview you in person.
Ask AJK about bodies being close to where we work..........we get 1 murder a year ( 'winker' ) here, and it ends up across the street from me.

And I really wanna fuck with the Craigslist scammer, but the lady at the Sherriff's said not to, and I guess I'm just scared enough not to, although any doosh who is crazy enough to stalk me in this snow has earned it. One foot down, and 6-8 coming tonight, weeeeee.