Author Topic: Well Here Goes Something  (Read 3889 times)

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 248
Re: Well Here Goes Something
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2015, 01:29:00 AM »
Quote from: jack_smiff1
Quote from: pab1964
Quote from: Stranger999
well guys turns out im most likely gonna 3 point this semester with the right push and pull from my classes. Quits going good, not as foggy, but all the other stuff is still there. Can't wait 'till its over, but man I wish it was worse! Embracing the suck and fuck you nic!
When I was in college 3 points was good! At least I think it was - I was pretty wasted in college... :unsure:
Haha it is good! Not great but I'll take it after I mustered up the last minute pick ups
Hang in there jack your quit and college have a lot in common, the rest of your life is riding on them both! Quit on! You're a good kid and I like what your doing, taking control of your life at such a young age,very unusual especially these days.
thank you so much pab!!
I can't echo Pab enough here Smiff. College was when I put my feet into the cement of nicotine addiction. You are doing something right now that I wasn't strong enough to do when I was your age. Stay with it and you won't have the same regrets that I do tonight.

I'm proud to quit with you today!

Offline jack_smiff1

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/3/2020
  • Interests: Lacrosse
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2015, 03:20:00 PM »
Quote from: pab1964
well guys turns out im most likely gonna 3 point this semester with the right push and pull from my classes. Quits going good, not as foggy, but all the other stuff is still there. Can't wait 'till its over, but man I wish it was worse! Embracing the suck and fuck you nic!
When I was in college 3 points was good! At least I think it was - I was pretty wasted in college... :unsure:
Haha it is good! Not great but I'll take it after I mustered up the last minute pick ups
Hang in there jack your quit and college have a lot in common, the rest of your life is riding on them both! Quit on! You're a good kid and I like what your doing, taking control of your life at such a young age,very unusual especially these days.
thank you so much pab!!
Chewing tobacco number one cause for ugliness.

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2015, 11:18:00 AM »
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline jack_smiff1

• Quitter
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2015, 02:00:00 AM »

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 248
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2015, 12:20:00 AM »

Offline jack_smiff1

• Quitter
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2015, 12:06:00 AM »

Offline jack_smiff1

• Quitter
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2015, 04:30:00 PM »
I'm going to start posting in here more often, give the annual update. Let you guys know if I fail accounting or not.

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2015, 12:43:00 PM »
Quote from: wastepanel
Quote from: JPAnthony
Well guys here we are 74 days in, I can say I feel a little better and handling myself better. I started to eat right and not snack all the time lost around 30 pounds. Im transferring to Lawrence Tech in a month to play college lacrosse. Christmas is in 12 days, but I can't seem to find that spark of happiness I used to have. I'm battling depression and anxiety and its transferred into Depersonalization. It's going to be a long battle to be back to normal but I can do this. Got my Fam, Friends, The Dog House, and KTC behind me. Lets conquer the world.

-Smiff Out
Hey man the 70s were pretty shitty for me overall. Don't know what changed physiologically/psychologically over the past 10 days but I struggled a little more than normal.

Most annoying part of this quit for me is my fucking mouth waters... ALL THE TIME. It's to a point that I've wasted a few hours Googling wtf a over-watery mouth means only to arrive at no solution. Anyway, I have also noticed in the past 25 days or so that I am consuming more alcohol than I was before. Had kind of a slip up where my dumb ass blacked out this past weekend and it has been years since I have done that... so I am going to be thankful I got a little wake up call and had nothing bad to show from it other than a really terrible hangover.

Can't put one addiction to bed and develop a new one... that would be somewhat counterproductive I believe.

The struggle is fucking real my friend. Hang in there.
Amen jp, were so close to HOF I'm sure it'll be smooth sailing or easier once we get there.
You think that.

There are times in your quit that are more dangerous than others. We lose a ton of guys in the first week because the first week sucks. Those that aren't ready to quit or want to do it "their way" get taken out or disappear quickly. The next hurdle is in the 20s. You're feeling good in your quit but the need for "normalcy" starts to hit. Think about New Year's Resolutions to lose weight. Gyms are packed for the month of January but are ghost towns in February. It's when changes start to lose their luster and convenience can trump the hard work you've put in. It's also here that many get sick of the drama that is quitting. Quitting ain't always pretty. Funks will hit again in the 40s and 70s. These are just the cyclical nature of quitting. Quitting can be like a pendulum a lot of times where good times are followed by bad times with regularity.

Many quitters limp into the hall of fame thinking "Hey...I'm on day 100. I'm cured. I have all I need." and then disappear. It's the third most common take down point to the quitters here. The nic witch waits. She sees you cross the "finish line" and concedes her control. She wants you to know that you've won. She's a liar. She'll start tempting you hardcore indirectly. She'll tell you that you don't need this. You can enjoy a cigar. You weren't really that addicted. And then she'll hit you with a nasty funk right at 120.

Quitting isn't a decision. It's a decision and the follow-up. One of the hardest concepts to understand in quit is that the long term means nothing. It's right now. We don't get through this moment and we won't see tomorrow. Don't look forward to good times dictated by arbitrary numbers. Know that you're quit and know what you've done to get quit. Keep doing that (posting roll, keeping your word, and repeating). Some days, you're going to need this board more than others. That's ok. Sometimes, you won't. That's ok too. The important thing is to know that you need to pursue quit and pursuing your quit means posting roll, keeping your word, and repeating. That's all I know. That's all I ask.

Sometimes it's hard to see the forest from the trees. You've come so far from your first days quit. The pain now sucks but it pales in comparison to day 2. Never again man. You're so much closer to that resting pendulum than you were yesterday.
Thanks waste I appreciate it brother, you've been a tremendous help on my quit and January in general thanks so much.
Always got your back, brother.
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline jack_smiff1

• Quitter
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2015, 12:40:00 PM »
Quote from: wastepanel
Well guys here we are 74 days in, I can say I feel a little better and handling myself better. I started to eat right and not snack all the time lost around 30 pounds. Im transferring to Lawrence Tech in a month to play college lacrosse. Christmas is in 12 days, but I can't seem to find that spark of happiness I used to have. I'm battling depression and anxiety and its transferred into Depersonalization. It's going to be a long battle to be back to normal but I can do this. Got my Fam, Friends, The Dog House, and KTC behind me. Lets conquer the world.

-Smiff Out
Hey man the 70s were pretty shitty for me overall. Don't know what changed physiologically/psychologically over the past 10 days but I struggled a little more than normal.

Most annoying part of this quit for me is my fucking mouth waters... ALL THE TIME. It's to a point that I've wasted a few hours Googling wtf a over-watery mouth means only to arrive at no solution. Anyway, I have also noticed in the past 25 days or so that I am consuming more alcohol than I was before. Had kind of a slip up where my dumb ass blacked out this past weekend and it has been years since I have done that... so I am going to be thankful I got a little wake up call and had nothing bad to show from it other than a really terrible hangover.

Can't put one addiction to bed and develop a new one... that would be somewhat counterproductive I believe.

Amen jp, were so close to HOF I'm sure it'll be smooth sailing or easier once we get there.
You think that.

There are times in your quit that are more dangerous than others. We lose a ton of guys in the first week because the first week sucks. Those that aren't ready to quit or want to do it "their way" get taken out or disappear quickly. The next hurdle is in the 20s. You're feeling good in your quit but the need for "normalcy" starts to hit. Think about New Year's Resolutions to lose weight. Gyms are packed for the month of January but are ghost towns in February. It's when changes start to lose their luster and convenience can trump the hard work you've put in. It's also here that many get sick of the drama that is quitting. Quitting ain't always pretty. Funks will hit again in the 40s and 70s. These are just the cyclical nature of quitting. Quitting can be like a pendulum a lot of times where good times are followed by bad times with regularity.

Many quitters limp into the hall of fame thinking "Hey...I'm on day 100. I'm cured. I have all I need." and then disappear. It's the third most common take down point to the quitters here. The nic witch waits. She sees you cross the "finish line" and concedes her control. She wants you to know that you've won. She's a liar. She'll start tempting you hardcore indirectly. She'll tell you that you don't need this. You can enjoy a cigar. You weren't really that addicted. And then she'll hit you with a nasty funk right at 120.

Quitting isn't a decision. It's a decision and the follow-up. One of the hardest concepts to understand in quit is that the long term means nothing. It's right now. We don't get through this moment and we won't see tomorrow. Don't look forward to good times dictated by arbitrary numbers. Know that you're quit and know what you've done to get quit. Keep doing that (posting roll, keeping your word, and repeating). Some days, you're going to need this board more than others. That's ok. Sometimes, you won't. That's ok too. The important thing is to know that you need to pursue quit and pursuing your quit means posting roll, keeping your word, and repeating. That's all I know. That's all I ask.

Sometimes it's hard to see the forest from the trees. You've come so far from your first days quit. The pain now sucks but it pales in comparison to day 2. Never again man. You're so much closer to that resting pendulum than you were yesterday.
Thanks waste I appreciate it brother, you've been a tremendous help on my quit and January in general thanks so much.

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2015, 11:58:00 AM »

-Smiff Out

You think that.

In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline jack_smiff1

• Quitter
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2015, 11:39:00 AM »

-Smiff Out

Offline JPAnthony

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-09-26
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2015, 12:32:00 AM »

-Smiff Out

Intro - Motivated to Quit - 26 September 2015
HOF: January 3, 2016
Floor: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Offline jack_smiff1

• Quitter
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2015, 09:49:00 PM »
Quote from: eyehatecope

-Smiff Out
Have you seen a doctor yet to get some meds?

I never had anxiety until I quit, mine hit around day 50 or so. Once I visited the doc and told him what I was going through, he gave me Xanax. Now, I only took mine a few times as needed.

Do yourself a favor and go see a doctor. I promise you will pull through that part of the quit.

I quit with you.
I see a therapist and talk to him once a week, but it honestly doesn't seem to help. I don't really want to take meds at all I just want it gone.

Offline eyehatecope

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-08-09
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2015, 02:16:00 PM »

-Smiff Out
Have you seen a doctor yet to get some meds?

I never had anxiety until I quit, mine hit around day 50 or so. Once I visited the doc and told him what I was going through, he gave me Xanax. Now, I only took mine a few times as needed.

Do yourself a favor and go see a doctor. I promise you will pull through that part of the quit.

I quit with you.
Jenny and Tom Kern

RIP My Brother!

Offline jack_smiff1

• Quitter
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2015, 11:58:00 AM »

-Smiff Out